FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I play on normal speed but recently lower teams, I've had a few injuries in my last tournament. Just started a career with Bolton in Div 1 see how that goes
thx! I give it a try. I've learned that messing with sliders allot can also make enjoying the game less. So first start this way + high line and cb step out. :)

Hi. My brother has EA Play for a month and wants to buy the PS4 version which is at $ 23.99 until 08/01. I want to know how can he buy it with the 10% off from EA Play. Does he need to buy it from the game itself or from the PS Store? Does he have to put a code to activate it? Thanks in advance.

Nice little sequence here. Shows how with the right adjustments the game can become a lot more scrappy and not so squeaky clean. Love the first through ball the CPU plays too. I’m playing as Real.

Nice little sequence here. Shows how with the right adjustments the game can become a lot more scrappy and not so squeaky clean. Love the first through ball the CPU plays too. I’m playing as Real.

Yeah, lot of good stuff happening this time, but receiving the ball at 0:19 is putting me off.
is thst a super glue commercial? ;)

it’s minor and maybe only noticeable this hard when replaying it in slo mo. You know how I like good humanized behavior in our games but im not shy being honest speaking about the f‘ups! :)

Yeah, lot of good stuff happening this time, but receiving the ball at 0:19 is putting me off.
is thst a super glue commercial? ;)

it’s minor and maybe only noticeable this hard when replaying it in slo mo. You know how I like good humanized behavior in our games but im not shy being honest speaking about the f‘ups! :)
Yeah, the game isn’t perfect of course. Every game, even 16 (which I love) has strange type of behaviours with the ball at times. Just highlighting in this clip that the variety, moments and patterns for the most part can be very organic.

The ball can be very low low powered in this game at times, especially from deflections or in a challenge. I think it’s opposite to how the ball used to behave in some older FIFA games, where a deflection or save from the keeper would fly away ridiculously. Part of the reason I use a higher sprint speed and first touch error is to offset this (and it definitely helps make this more natural), but it’s not perfect.

Last edited:
Yeah, the game isn’t perfect of course. Every game, even 16 (which I love) has strange type of behaviours with the ball at times. Just highlighting in this clip that the variety, moments and patterns for the most part can be very organic.

The ball can be very low low powered in this game at times, especially from deflections or in a challenge. I think it’s opposite to how the ball used to behave in some older FIFA games, where a deflection or save from the keeper would fly away ridiculously. Part of the reason I use a higher sprint speed and first touch error is to offset this (and it definitely helps make this more natural), but it’s not perfect.
Plus I like all that wobble. 😊 I remember the times, when we were talking about the ball moving straight and now it’s looking much better.
It will never be perfect for us as we are so nerdy and into detail. Don’t mean that particularly in a bad way…

On this aspect, I think the ball physics of PES (not efootball, mind) remains well better than FIFA. But I can live with it because everything else is decent.

Started a new career as Forest Green Rovers in EFL League Two. We play in a stadium named The New Fully Charged Lawn that holds about 10,000 people with spill-over.

We’re shit and we know we are but dang, it’s fun!

Anyword on a patch? Ive but all gave up now on it. I really hope a patch can bring it back to how it played on release or 1 or 2 patches later.

Is it possible to play the digital version without any patches?

Anyword on a patch? Ive but all gave up now on it. I really hope a patch can bring it back to how it played on release or 1 or 2 patches later.

No you can't play the digital version unpatched, only the physical.
In regards to a patch, the game will never be patched backwards - It will continue to be patched in order to keep the FUT players happy, as this is how EA make their money.

Yes I'm with you. I tried it again today, with sliders to slow it down a tad. It's just end-to-end, goals goals goals, every match. I've tried everything to get the game to throw up a 0-0 from time to time but it never does.

The only way I can get the game to 'calm down' is by playing World Class difficulty or under. But it's far too easy then and I score too many goals.

FIFA 22 could be so good but it's still a million miles away from being a game the realists want. I might buy it on PC and install the realism mods etc.

Yes I'm with you. I tried it again today, with sliders to slow it down a tad. It's just end-to-end, goals goals goals, every match. I've tried everything to get the game to throw up a 0-0 from time to time but it never does.

The only way I can get the game to 'calm down' is by playing World Class difficulty or under. But it's far too easy then and I score too many goals.

FIFA 22 could be so good but it's still a million miles away from being a game the realists want. I might buy it on PC and install the realism mods etc.
I'm on proffesional doing a div 1 career, it's a decent challenge and I'm loving it but I've started scoring more and more on semi so I'm gradually handicapping myself with pass and shot error , also decreasing width tightens it up

I'm on proffesional doing a div 1 career, it's a decent challenge and I'm loving it but I've started scoring more and more on semi so I'm gradually handicapping myself with pass and shot error , also decreasing width tightens it up
It doesn't help me because the CPU simply don't score enough in World Class and below. So it's either have a challenge in Legendary but have results like 4-3 every game or play in World Class and win most matches.

It's an issue which has plagued FIFA's single player Career Mode for a long time now.

Glad you're enjoying it - there's a lot to like with FIFA 22 but I can only play one match of an evening before getting bored or annoyed with the game.

It doesn't help me because the CPU simply don't score enough in World Class and below. So it's either have a challenge in Legendary but have results like 4-3 every game or play in World Class and win most matches.

It's an issue which has plagued FIFA's single player Career Mode for a long time now.

Glad you're enjoying it - there's a lot to like with FIFA 22 but I can only play one match of an evening before getting bored or annoyed with the game.
I must be really bad as I concede every game on professional 🤣

It's really sad that youbcan have a draw on WC.
I have a lots of 0-0 but actions for both teams.
Look at this quarter finale between Marseille Vs Dortmund.

A really a nice match

Another closed match between Marseille and PSG

A lucky victory vs Bayern Munich

Last edited:
Gameplay

Made the following changes:
  • Driven Passes are now more likely to be intercepted by players standing in the ball’s travel path.
  • Some dribbling animations triggered by moving the left stick which include the ball carrier taking small touches to avoid a potential tackle will now only occur when the Contextual Agile Dribbling setting is set to On.
  • When defending a cross with the Auto Switching setting set to Automatic, On Air Balls and Loose Balls, or Only Air Balls, an automatic player switch will occur slightly faster than before.
  • Reduced shooting assistance when attempting a shot in situations where the goalkeeper is positioned closely to either one of their posts.
  • When playing matches with the Defensive Corners Custom Tactics slider to 1 or 2 bars, more players will now be positioned outside of the box and at the halfway line.
  • Improved AI teammate defensive marking during short corner scenarios.
  • Added more variety to the types of shots the CPU AI can perform.
  • In a situation where a Jockeying defender is nutmegged, they will no longer perform an animation in which they slip while turning.
  • Reduced the frequency of CPU AI slide tackles.
  • Removed some lunging animations that could occur when the controlled player was attempting to block a Ground Pass or a short Lob Pass.
Addressed the following issues:
  • Goalkeepers were sometimes unable to make saves when shots were aimed close to them, between their knees and head.
  • When playing matches with the Defensive Depth Custom Tactic Slider set to 7 or above, defenders could unintentionally drop too deep into their own half.
  • When attempting to perform a right stick Player Switch to a Center Back, a different player could sometimes be switched to instead.
  • In some situations, goalkeepers were not making successful saves on shots that were within reachable diving distance.
  • When performing a right stick Player Switch, the Next Player Indicator could sometimes appear over an unintended player as opposed to the player that was originally switched off of.
  • A white placeholder UI element could have sometimes displayed near players during matches.
  • In rare instances, a goalkeeper could deflect a saveable low shot into their own net.
  • Sometimes, a goalkeeper could commit a foul without a referee awarding a set piece to the other team.
  • The Team Press meter would unintentionally decrease while Team Press was starting up after its activation.
  • When activating Player Lock, a Player Switch could not be requested until the player let go of the right stick input and then made a Player Switch request.
  • Sometimes, a foul was not called following a tackle that was clearly late.
  • When losing the ball, in a rare situation, the original ball carrier could become stuck in place.
  • When requesting a first time Driven Pass, the Let Ball Run command was sometimes being performed.
  • In rare situations, play could continue for a short period of time after a penalty kick was called.
    • The correct penalty kick would eventually be awarded.
  • In a rare situation when passing with a goalkeeper in Co-Op play, the goalkeeper would remain the selected player until a manual Player Switch was requested.
  • When standing up after a slide tackle, a foul could be incorrectly called on the player standing up.
  • In situations where a defender would make an unsuccessful attempt to block a shot, an animation could occur which involves the player moving their leg away from the ball.
    • This was a visual issue only and did not affect the outcome of the situation.
  • In rare situations when the ball was far from the ball carrier’s feet, a requested Pass or Shot could take too long to occur.
  • The defending player could unintentionally decelerate when chasing after an air ball.
  • When rushing the goalkeeper towards an incoming ball, sometimes the goalkeeper would get close to the ball without reacting to it, resulting in a loss of possession.
  • The Next Player Switch Indicator could sometimes unintentionally switch from a Center Back to another player in inappropriate situations.
  • In some rare situations, a requested Fake Shot would not be performed and the controlled player would not animate correctly.
  • In very rare circumstances, the goalkeeper could teleport when making a diving save.
  • Sometimes, the Drag To Drag Skill Move could have been unintentionally requested.
  • When making a catch, the goalkeeper could sometimes unnecessarily fall to the ground.
  • The ball could travel through a defender in a rare situation when the ball receiver would make a touch on the ball, prior to the defender attempting to make contact with it.
  • When performing a Clearance, the ball would not always travel as far as intended.
  • Players could sometimes stumble in inappropriate situations.
  • A goal celebration could rarely get stuck repeating over and over, resulting in a delayed continuation of the match.
  • In some situations, the CPU AI team would not attempt to win the ball back.
  • The CPU AI team could sometimes take too long to perform a free kick.
  • When the ball was received via chest following a lobbed pass, it could bounce high enough in the air to cause unintentional player switching.
  • Addressed potential stability issues that could occur during Penalty Shootouts.
Career Mode

• Youth Players could have been generated with unrealistically proportioned arms.
  • Youth Player names and numbers did not appear on their kits during matches.
  • In Player Career, the Pro’s OVR and positions could be unintentionally changed after editing them.
  • When coming on as a sub in Player Career, the team’s tactics, play style, and difficulty level could get reset.
  • Youth Players born after 2005 were showing a 1980 birth date when being edited.
  • Youth Player progress could sometimes become unintentionally stuck.
  • In some cases, renewed contracts could apply to players with 1 year less than what was agreed upon in negotiations.
  • Editing a player’s boots could sometimes result in them wearing gloves.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/618534/fifa-22-title-update-4/

Gameplay

Made the following changes:
  • Driven Passes are now more likely to be intercepted by players standing in the ball’s travel path.
  • Some dribbling animations triggered by moving the left stick which include the ball carrier taking small touches to avoid a potential tackle will now only occur when the Contextual Agile Dribbling setting is set to On.
  • When defending a cross with the Auto Switching setting set to Automatic, On Air Balls and Loose Balls, or Only Air Balls, an automatic player switch will occur slightly faster than before.
  • Reduced shooting assistance when attempting a shot in situations where the goalkeeper is positioned closely to either one of their posts.
  • When playing matches with the Defensive Corners Custom Tactics slider to 1 or 2 bars, more players will now be positioned outside of the box and at the halfway line.
  • Improved AI teammate defensive marking during short corner scenarios.
  • Added more variety to the types of shots the CPU AI can perform.
  • In a situation where a Jockeying defender is nutmegged, they will no longer perform an animation in which they slip while turning.
  • Reduced the frequency of CPU AI slide tackles.
  • Removed some lunging animations that could occur when the controlled player was attempting to block a Ground Pass or a short Lob Pass.
  • Goalkeepers were sometimes unable to make saves when shots were aimed close to them, between their knees and head.
  • When playing matches with the Defensive Depth Custom Tactic Slider set to 7 or above, defenders could unintentionally drop too deep into their own half.
  • When attempting to perform a right stick Player Switch to a Center Back, a different player could sometimes be switched to instead.
  • In some situations, goalkeepers were not making successful saves on shots that were within reachable diving distance.
  • When performing a right stick Player Switch, the Next Player Indicator could sometimes appear over an unintended player as opposed to the player that was originally switched off of.
  • A white placeholder UI element could have sometimes displayed near players during matches.
  • In rare instances, a goalkeeper could deflect a saveable low shot into their own net.
  • Sometimes, a goalkeeper could commit a foul without a referee awarding a set piece to the other team.
  • The Team Press meter would unintentionally decrease while Team Press was starting up after its activation.
  • When activating Player Lock, a Player Switch could not be requested until the player let go of the right stick input and then made a Player Switch request.
  • Sometimes, a foul was not called following a tackle that was clearly late.
  • When losing the ball, in a rare situation, the original ball carrier could become stuck in place.
  • When requesting a first time Driven Pass, the Let Ball Run command was sometimes being performed.
  • In rare situations, play could continue for a short period of time after a penalty kick was called.
    • The correct penalty kick would eventually be awarded.
  • In a rare situation when passing with a goalkeeper in Co-Op play, the goalkeeper would remain the selected player until a manual Player Switch was requested.
  • When standing up after a slide tackle, a foul could be incorrectly called on the player standing up.
  • In situations where a defender would make an unsuccessful attempt to block a shot, an animation could occur which involves the player moving their leg away from the ball.
    • This was a visual issue only and did not affect the outcome of the situation.
  • In rare situations when the ball was far from the ball carrier’s feet, a requested Pass or Shot could take too long to occur.
  • The defending player could unintentionally decelerate when chasing after an air ball.
  • When rushing the goalkeeper towards an incoming ball, sometimes the goalkeeper would get close to the ball without reacting to it, resulting in a loss of possession.
  • The Next Player Switch Indicator could sometimes unintentionally switch from a Center Back to another player in inappropriate situations.
  • In some rare situations, a requested Fake Shot would not be performed and the controlled player would not animate correctly.
  • In very rare circumstances, the goalkeeper could teleport when making a diving save.
  • Sometimes, the Drag To Drag Skill Move could have been unintentionally requested.
  • When making a catch, the goalkeeper could sometimes unnecessarily fall to the ground.
  • The ball could travel through a defender in a rare situation when the ball receiver would make a touch on the ball, prior to the defender attempting to make contact with it.
  • When performing a Clearance, the ball would not always travel as far as intended.
  • Players could sometimes stumble in inappropriate situations.
  • A goal celebration could rarely get stuck repeating over and over, resulting in a delayed continuation of the match.
  • In some situations, the CPU AI team would not attempt to win the ball back.
  • The CPU AI team could sometimes take too long to perform a free kick.
  • When the ball was received via chest following a lobbed pass, it could bounce high enough in the air to cause unintentional player switching.
  • Addressed potential stability issues that could occur during Penalty Shootouts.
Career Mode

• Youth Players could have been generated with unrealistically proportioned arms.
  • Youth Player names and numbers did not appear on their kits during matches.
  • In Player Career, the Pro’s OVR and positions could be unintentionally changed after editing them.
  • When coming on as a sub in Player Career, the team’s tactics, play style, and difficulty level could get reset.
  • Youth Players born after 2005 were showing a 1980 birth date when being edited.
  • Youth Player progress could sometimes become unintentionally stuck.
  • In some cases, renewed contracts could apply to players with 1 year less than what was agreed upon in negotiations.
  • Editing a player’s boots could sometimes result in them wearing gloves.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/618534/fifa-22-title-update-4/
Sounds like for better or worse it’s going to be a pretty big patch. Hope it’s a good one!

Back
Top Bottom