FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Every clip I see makes me want to sell my Xbox.

Yeah. Get that in the bin, set that bin on fire, and throw it in the sea*.

Those skills belong in a separate game or mode. That's the kind of shit I'd like to see consigned to Volta, leaving the full 11 vs 11 and things you actually see on a football pitch. But a game's a game, of course...

*And then retrieve it and dispose of it ethically and responsibly.

Good news that I don't see any goals like that in my career mode nor do I want to try them or think I'm even good enough on the controller to do them...all good

You say that, but pretty much every AI goal is smashed in. There's never any composed calm finishes. It's always Hollywood.

Maybe in premier league and such games but not in Div 1 games, south American cup games etc it's much less quicker and powerful finishes

How the hell do you u stop women walking on the screen in the menu`s? I absolutely adore women but the last thing i want is them appearing in my virtual football game. Everytime i turn Fifa on i have women footballers walking across the screen 🙈 What on earth is the point of this?

How the hell do you u stop women walking on the screen in the menu`s? I absolutely adore women but the last thing i want is them appearing in my virtual football game. Everytime i turn Fifa on i have women footballers walking across the screen 🙈 What on earth is the point of this?
Are u telling me the sport of soccer (which is played by men and women) in the game licensed by FIFA (the body of soccer representing men and women).... Has virtual women in the menu? Oh no!!!
Women don't belong in our video games! Imagine if FIFA had playable women's teams. Gasp!!!

I've seen a lot of complaints about FIFA but this has to rank up as one of the weirdest and probably dumbest one I've seen in recent memory.

Are u telling me the sport of soccer (which is played by men and women) in the game licensed by FIFA (the body of soccer representing men and women).... Has virtual women in the menu? Oh no!!!
Women don't belong in our video games! Imagine if FIFA had playable women's teams. Gasp!!!

I've seen a lot of complaints about FIFA but this has to rank up as one of the weirdest and probably dumbest one I've seen in recent memory.
Soccer? Erm its football. Its a menu why do we need women moving across a menu? Are you saying we definitely need women football players while selecting what mode to play? Its odd its weird.... Whats the need? Weve never seen it in a football game yet until now.

Oh hold on its to shoehorn diversity into the game. Well done EA tremendous job done. While the gameplay is absolutely awful at least we have women football players walking across menu screens. 9/10

Last edited:
Seriously? Ridiculous.
How have you managed for the past 40 years without women footballers in your menu screens?

I take it with your response women footballers in menu selection screens is a great thing? I just dont get it.

Let me pick Kick Off mode without a plasticine looking women walking back and forth about the place.

Last edited:
How have you managed for the past 40 years without women footballers in your menu screens?

I take it with your response women footballers in menu selection screens is a great thing? I just dont get it.

Let me pick Kick Off mode without a plasticine looking women walking back and forth about the place.

Are you really bothered by this? You just want fifa's menus to be a male enclave?

Women have professional leagues, a world cup watched worldwide, under the umbrella of FIFA. I'm not personally a fan of women's football (I can barely watch men's football it's so boring these days) but it's clearly improving all the time and is a professional sport. I dont think you can dismiss it as diversity. If Serena Williams bestrode the menus of top spin, surely you wouldnt think the same.

Also worth noting that many people, especially in fifa 16, found the women's matches to play out far closer reality than the blokes. Whether that still applies I dont know.

I think this game is rubbish but to use the fact they have female footballers on the menus as a stick to batter it, is laughable.

I mean, how long do you spend looking at the menus? I play PES daily and take no notice of the menu, it's literally there for me to access game modes.

They could have big bird, in a pink cadillac, smoking a fat cigar with a netball kit on for all I care, makes no difference.

Everyday sexism not welcome here. Absolutely shocking that these mindsets still exist, and it was clear when he was challenged by other members that he wasn't interested in changing his mind, so he's had to go. Ah well.

Let's move on please (hope the new update arrives tomorrow, getting bored of waiting). Some interesting posts about the PC version from people who are playing against the AI:

Everyday sexism not welcome here. Absolutely shocking that these mindsets still exist, and it was clear when he was challenged by other members that he wasn't interested in changing his mind, so he's had to go. Ah well.

Let's move on please (hope the new update arrives tomorrow, getting bored of waiting). Some interesting posts about the PC version from people who are playing against the AI:

Same old. Defensive line far too high. East to get in behind and cut back.

This is a big goal in my league 1 career and although the goal itself is pretty big standard it's the context and how this game really shines for me .
In my career I have a few injuries and my squad is tired. I rest a few people for the st John's trophy tie. This is world class semi controls
I'm one nil down with a around 15 mins to go. So I switch things tactically around . I bring on my 1st choice striker and my youth midfielder and put him at left back as the one playing can barely jog and ive no other cover. I then put get into the box tactic and full back attack on the dpad . My youth sub received it out wide , crosses, and my other sub is on the end of it ..earn a draw. ..the last time I felt this invested in a footy game wad WE5 and early ISS games.

This is a big goal in my league 1 career and although the goal itself is pretty big standard it's the context and how this game really shines for me .
In my career I have a few injuries and my squad is tired. I rest a few people for the st John's trophy tie. This is world class semi controls
I'm one nil down with a around 15 mins to go. So I switch things tactically around . I bring on my 1st choice striker and my youth midfielder and put him at left back as the one playing can barely jog and ive no other cover. I then put get into the box tactic and full back attack on the dpad . My youth sub received it out wide , crosses, and my other sub is on the end of it ..earn a draw. ..the last time I felt this invested in a footy game wad WE5 and early ISS games.
Is this on pc or next gen consoles? It sounds mesmerising.

Lovely and organic cross in, mate! 👏

You say that, but pretty much every AI goal is smashed in. There's never any composed calm finishes. It's always Hollywood.

Is this on pc or next gen consoles? It sounds mesmerising.
Ps5 mate , career mode is outstanding for me, the individuality/stats is superb. Try dribbling or shooting with a div 1 center back (with some sliders) it's virtually impossible as it should be

Honestly, where is this patch!
This passed me by. This (sans the drag back as I don't know how to do them) is how about 80% of my goals are like. Chipped through ball to a winger and low cross.
I find the midfielders are often too narrow in this game in relation to the rest of the team. I think this is the reason the wing play is quite prominent, as your wide players are often quite free in transition. I tried to offset this by using a width value of 40/60. It definitely helps, but I would like to see the mids engaging higher up the pitch more frequently and for them to also spread out.

I think this is an element where the 11v11 capture is a little rigid in its current form. I love it overall, but it can do with some work for sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom