FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Question: live tuning updates (like the latest from hours ago) make It into a „running“ career mode save, right?! For patches to work I need to start a fresh career save with that current patch, right?!
Live update is for gameplay, your career file will be ok :BOP:
Patch with new kit, faces need a fresh start, gameplay adjustment no.

Live update is for gameplay, your career file will be ok :BOP:
Patch with new kit, faces need a fresh start, gameplay adjustment no.
so gameplay changes coming with the live update sneak into existing files. Ok.
patch gameplay changes do as well but kits, cosmetics and features coming with the patch need a new fresh career ?!

so gameplay changes coming with the live update sneak into existing files. Ok.
patch gameplay changes do as well but kits, cosmetics and features coming with the patch need a new fresh career ?!
Exactly mate. Except starheads with a face befor the patch. The new one face comes into the career file

I was playing my Brentford career and when all the opponents at the start of my season weren’t that strong, Liverpool came up.
I was having a close eye on how they were playing now and after the update I have to say, it’s much calmer, more humanized, more back passing and AI thinking about their next move somehow. At least it looks like that. The hectic and panic passing in front of goal is less now. noticable.

When I usually don’t like playing the big teams, because of the panic passing on Epo in front of goal it felt and looked much better now. I drew this with a lovely 1:1 when I was 1:0 down.
Can’t wait to play City or ManUnited... to have a closer look how big team AI is doing now.
AI seems to try more inside boot shots at goal now (Volleys look better because of the more human finish). No more hammering every given ball towards the net. Low shots by the AI seemed to be happening more often too. Overall AI tends to choose the style of finish more human like, more situation appropriate.

First touch error by my team and AI seems upped and I have zero problem with that. :)
More scrambled shots and passes on both sides, when not in appropriate body position
When keeper parry the ball after a save, it’s getting deflected better, not traveling as far and moving more life like.
Keepers tend to get their foot out better at close angle; but not 100% sure.

Really liking it so far!! Playing on prof., 10 min halves, fuma.

Last edited:
I must have left it on pause a lot because this is some bullshit. From the Playstation wrap up for last year.
Screenshot 2022-01-20 164819.jpg

I'm always on my way to get back into it though!
And then, I remember the sliders part.

Literally just played an online match and most of my team sat around the half way line and nothing I could do would change it.

I ended up against one of those Fifa Street type players who just carried on doing tricks, had a player sent off yet my players couldn't play a 2 yard pass with any accuracy, no movement into space and he then managed to score 3 sweaty goals.

God I hate this game at times 😆

Isn’t that just when the ball passes by the net though? The ball produces a similar streaking affect during real live games when it goes past the net also.
It doesn’t happen in real life, it’s a bug which EA still need to fix. It doesn’t happen on the PC and PS4/XONE versions.

The managers on next gen also have a faint line around their heads, like they’re archangel Gabriel or something! This also isn’t an issue last gen versions. These are graphical errors and need to be fixed.

edit: Also, if you play on Broadcast cam, you rarely see the glitch (PS5)

Someone on Reddit, a programmer, explained why it happens but I can’t find the post now!

It doesn’t happen in real life, it’s a bug which EA still need to fix. It doesn’t happen on the PC and PS4/XONE versions.

The managers on next gen also have a faint line around their heads, like they’re archangel Gabriel or something! This also isn’t an issue last gen versions. These are graphical errors and need to be fixed.

edit: Also, if you play on Broadcast cam, you rarely see the glitch (PS5)

Someone on Reddit, a programmer, explained why it happens but I can’t find the post now!
I see it all the time. Hm.

I have to say I think the "streak" is accurate from what I see on TV, but then it may not be to others. Could be tv settings, quality of stream, quality from the broadcaster, could just be my eyes are getting older, but I think it looks how it does on my TV at least.

I seem to have a reoccurring error with manager heads though, Claudio ranieri always has a weird lump on his head. And what's with some managers being able to open their mouths while showing a sub instructions, while some just stay mute, just waving arms around like a weird mime

hey guys i own the game at xbox series x. I want to complain about the graphics.... I play the game a few days ago at my pc with trail version to see the different of the gameplay etc.. the models and all the graphics looks pure native.. I mean perfect clean comparing to the xbox series x... Has anybody notice any different as well?

I deliberately looked out for it in a couple of games last weekend and from certain angles in real games, you definitely see that effect.

I'll be looking out for it with great intent from now!

In other news:

This is the worst example from a session last night. What makes it especially annoying is that they are clearly - based on the patch notes and those of the tune ups - paying attention to goalkeepers, and all they've done is make them a different type of shit. Not diving at all became diving past the ball, and now flopping down is in.

Reset the sliders and fired up a CL campaign. After 3 matches I am having more fun with it. Playing on FUMA and pro, it still is a bit too easy to get up the wings on this difficulty but the AI defenders do seem to at least try to keep up with whoever is getting into the box so it is not just easy cross+tap in.
Might f around with some passing speed sliders but in general the AI doesn't frustrate me as much and their goals seem earned.
Still very early impressions after a long time away.

A cause for concern I’m seeing post update is in physicality. I feel like the game used to lock into shoulder-to-shoulder physical challenges pre patch quite well. Now I’m seeing more of the CG Frostbite type ‘sliding‘ off each other where the CPU can’t initiate contact and they do that thing where they reach for your shirt but can’t lock on. It’s not always, just more often than before. Hoping to try and balance it out.

I’m almost certain this isn’t placebo, as pre patch on my sliders I could virtually never just run down a wing and get behind a defence. Since the patch I’ve been able to do it relatively often with the CPU just not marking or being able to physically challenge me properly, even with an acceleration discrepancy of +4 to the CPU.

I didn’t have an issue with any of the previous updates, but I’m not so sure about this update still...

Last edited:
Really enjoying the game after the last update with @Anth James sliders (thanks man, your sliders are great). After extending the 10 hour free trial over a couple of weeks because I couldn't play more than two games in a row due to what I believe was a very poor gameplay, I gave the last update a chance and ended up buying the game with a 45% discount on the Microsoft Store.

I started a Career in England 2nd Division and I'm having a lot of fun, much more midfield game and unpredictability than before, and the AI is wonderful. Of course, the game is not perfect and has many of FIFA's usual flaws, but it is fun to play.

I changed both User and CPU marking to 100 and goalkeepers to 100 to try and tighten the game up to try to prevent the high scorelines. Against weaker teams, it made little difference but with the better teams, I found it a lot harder to lose the pressure and find some time on the ball to pick out a pass or get a shot off. My scores reduced somewhat but the CPU still tended to score their normal goals, the only difference being my keeper didn't give away too many rebounds and was better on crosses.

Really enjoying the game after the last update with @Anth James sliders (thanks man, your sliders are great). After extending the 10 hour free trial over a couple of weeks because I couldn't play more than two games in a row due to what I believe was a very poor gameplay, I gave the last update a chance and ended up buying the game with a 45% discount on the Microsoft Store.

I started a Career in England 2nd Division and I'm having a lot of fun, much more midfield game and unpredictability than before, and the AI is wonderful. Of course, the game is not perfect and has many of FIFA's usual flaws, but it is fun to play.
I'm playing a new career as Forest Green Rovers in League 2 in England. We're shit but I'm loving it. Out kits are horrendous and our stadium holds about 12 people plus staff.

Back
Top Bottom