FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I’m still really struggling to get into the game post update. Something is just off with it. Defensive behaviour is weird, where the CPU can be danced around way too easily on legendary, attacking patterns are a lot faster. I’m just not having the same experience I was before. Very disappointing.

I’ve been holding off on reverting to v1.00 as I didn’t see the need, but I think it may be time..
I was surprised when I read your comment earlier today as I had so much fun with the game last weekend using your sliders.

Turned on the game today after a week and I have to say I immediately felt like I was playing a different game…much faster, ping-pong passing, mindless dribbling…the difference was so notorious that I actually doubled checked if for some strange reason my settings had been changed and the game speed was on normal or fast, instead of slow.

I was surprised when I read your comment earlier today as I had so much fun with the game last weekend using your sliders.

Turned on the game today after a week and I have to say I immediately felt like I was playing a different game…much faster, ping-pong passing, mindless dribbling…the difference was so notorious that I actually doubled checked if for some strange reason my settings had been changed and the game speed was on normal or fast, instead of slow.
Yeah exactly right, I couldn’t believe it either. So frustrating.

The reference is absolutely not lost on me, for starters!

It's one of the reasons why I don't touch sliders, it could become obsessive.
I've been tinkering with a few sets online , and forgot about my own I was using pre patch My sliders have held quite well. I think a lot has to do with lowering the power bar as well as the passing and shooting , calms the game right down but doesnt make it dull

I've been having some really good games, especially since starting a new CM with Hartlepool. Daft because I'll be doing well to finish two seasons. But I had to give up on Aberdeen as they've started signing players in real life and the save now feels... off!

I could barely name you a team in League Two let alone a player so ignorance may be bliss.

On the pitch, certainly, it's been good going. A nice amount of (s)crappiness and chaos, and it feels like scorelines are no longer predetermined. Huge. It's undermined somewhat, though, by the player movement. I keep watching replays and laughing at how players twitch and contort to receive and play the ball. Not even during zippy passing moves, all the time.

Anyway, I find it playable now. Yay.

I reverted back to v1.00. You can instantly feel a difference in gameplay compared to the current update.

My early take away is that it's a slower, more precise, less overall frantic experience, both in terms of CPU behaviour and movement. There’s more weight/inertia to players, physicality is more substantial and the foot-planting is better. This also makes the CPU press more effective as everything isn’t quite as hyper responsive. I find the ball physics to be heavier which is another positive.

I’ve played this game virtually every day for months now and I’m sure it’s no placebo. Reverting also reconfirmed to me that the new update did more harm than good to the game.

My old sliders/tactical adjustment that were dialed in for the previous updates seemed to click back into place also. The biggest negative so far is probably goalkeepers, they need bumping up a bit and there’s a little bit more of a tendency from the CPU to tika taka in the box on occasion, but with the adjustments it’s much of an issue so far. The game is undoubtedly much better on the disc version at this point.

Last edited:
Tinkering with the sliders in this game......

View attachment 142557
(maybe a niche reference)
…just to make it look like…
3037FD65-22F4-484C-B701-055D45A3F0B6.gif
… at times! 😉

so glad, the Doc(s) kept on tinkering, so me (Marty) can enjoy the ride (when setting the coordinates).
you sure have to play it with you hands; still it can be some pleasure paradise, even when some Biffs are around occasionally.

Last edited:
Playing CM and I can't seem to find the right camera angle. Any suggestions?
Tele Broadcast - Height 20, Zoom 0 is my go-to angle.

Broadcast (Same height and zoom as above) if you want a realistic and much more challenging experience.

The transfer window has CLOSED!

Anyone know how long it usually takes for EA to update all of the squads? I want to start a new Career in League 1 or League 2.

The transfer window has CLOSED!

Anyone know how long it usually takes for EA to update all of the squads? I want to start a new Career in League 1 or League 2.
EA are normally pretty quick but they tend to release frequent updates rather than one ‘closed transfer window’ update. Although most of the paperwork will be completed for transfers, loans sometimes take a little longer to finalize so personally I’d wait until a week has passed so pretty much all of the squad changes are implemented.

I’m in the same boat as you wanting to start a new career.

…just to make it look like…
View attachment 142921
… at times! 😉

so glad, the Doc(s) kept on tinkering, so me (Marty) can enjoy the ride (when setting the coordinates).
you sure have to play it with you hands; still it can be some pleasure paradise, even when some Biffs are around occasionally.
Hi mate.
I know you're a goal keeper so you will appreciate this one!

But in this case, he can't do anything ! Nice curved!

Last edited:
EA are normally pretty quick but they tend to release frequent updates rather than one ‘closed transfer window’ update. Although most of the paperwork will be completed for transfers, loans sometimes take a little longer to finalize so personally I’d wait until a week has passed so pretty much all of the squad changes are implemented.

I’m in the same boat as you wanting to start a new career.
Thanks for the info mate.

Do they do the squad updates every Thursday? Or am I thinking of PES?

I've waited 2 yrs to have Mason Greenwoods real face in the game I recon he will now be removed.
sooner the better

Now that's out of the way, this isn't the thread for further discussion. Back to FIFA please.

Speaking of which - another update is out now on PC, coming next week to consoles (thanks @Mathgamer):

Last edited:
I reverted back to v1.00. You can instantly feel a difference in gameplay compared to the current update.

My early take away is that it's a slower, more precise, less overall frantic experience, both in terms of CPU behaviour and movement. There’s more weight/inertia to players, physicality is more substantial and the foot-planting is better. This also makes the CPU press more effective as everything isn’t quite as hyper responsive. I find the ball physics to be heavier which is another positive.

I’ve played this game virtually every day for months now and I’m sure it’s no placebo. Reverting also reconfirmed to me that the new update did more harm than good to the game.

My old sliders/tactical adjustment that were dialed in for the previous updates seemed to click back into place also. The biggest negative so far is probably goalkeepers, they need bumping up a bit and there’s a little bit more of a tendency from the CPU to tika taka in the box on occasion, but with the adjustments it’s much of an issue so far. The game is undoubtedly much better on the disc version at this point.
I tried v1.0 but felt little difference and with the bugs of release - deep back line etc. I much prefer this current version over that but i prefer the last patch over this current one

I tried v1.0 but felt little difference and with the bugs of release - deep back line etc. I much prefer this current version over that but i prefer the last patch over this current one
Interesting. I feel like the difference between 1.00 and this latest patch is huge. Despite some changes in previous patches, I really didn't have any issues which made the game not enjoyable until TU4. The deep back line exists in all versions in my opinion.

Speaking of which - another update is out now on PC, coming next week to consoles (thanks @Mathgamer):

Such a strange update to make. I feel if anything that's something which already occurs too often as it is. It sounds like they're taking away more organic moments. From playing with the disc version again, there are many more of those organic deflections, more realistic passages where you fight for possession. The ball doesn't seem so 'destined' to go certain places quite like it is on the latest update.

Such a strange update to make. I feel if anything that's something which already occurs too often as it is. It sounds like they're taking away more organic moments. From playing with the disc version again, there are many more of those organic deflections, more realistic passages where you fight for possession. The ball doesn't seem so 'destined' to go certain places quite like it is on the latest update.
I think that's exactly what they're doing. The majority of the complaints are along those lines - "I intercepted a bullet pass and the ball bounced off me, IT'S NOT FAIR", "I tackled the ball-carrier and the ball rolled to their teammate, WHAT'S THE POINT", "I aimed at the goal but my shot missed, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A GAME".

I played a few old FIFAs yesterday and was astounded at the feel of FIFA 20 in comparison to 22. A recent FIFA (which I don't like), without sliders, and I'm convinced the physics are much better. The ball doesn't (as often) fly like a cannonball from the barest of contacts, then stop like it's smashed into a cushion when it collides with someone (no matter the skill of the player or the physics of the situation).

The players also don't (as often) run like Scooby Doo on ice. I knew it was bad in 22 but it's confirmed, for me, that the animation and the general motion is the worst it's ever been. In the year this was specifically worked on. That sets off the alarm bells.

After this discovery, I'm finding it really difficult to enjoy 22 and overlook just how crudely the whole experience is coded - which is astonishing when you can peek into the code using PC tools and see all the stuff that's present but completely overridden for the sake of Fortnite players.

Like defenders, defending.

Most of you know it already, by browsing Twitter comments of FuT players.

I isolated this of yours quote, cause this year it was difficult for me to understand if FuTers really complain or just trolling.

The very first complain i read was this about defending, it was a picture of a team attacking in normal set-up attack and an n opponent D-Line inside the box.

The comment was destined to "debunk" MFs not moving, and was like "look, i make a build up attack and CPU retrieved imidiatelly 4 players in the box, only by counter attacks you can score now"....

I mean, when the opponent is building up slowly outside your penalty box, whete should the D-Line stand according to FuT, and while they are not caught in transition,but in waiting game.??!?

I was tempted to reply that such sentences defy the common Football logic, Association Football the real sport, since they usually pretend that the game is a Football simulation after all, but.....

The rest usual moans were more predictable, like passes should not be intercepted, especially by AI teammates (god save...), that focus in the CM has ruined FIFA!!!!!!, and that game being slow in the release date, was a "bug" not a development decision, or if not a dev bug, it was an issue of the EA servers!!! As if everyone plays through EA servers.

Also they still find the game TOO SLOW and God prevent, do not make it any slower.

And imagine that those people play in normal speed with supah-dupah FuT golden cards!!

Finally it was fun to read a FuTer's opinion,bhe was doing some type of Squad Building Challenge,Squad Battles or FuT objectives or whatever it is called, using EFL 1 and 2 players, and he concluded that players by those divisions have a kind of bug, like their lower stats were causing input lag to his controller!!!

At general, that's the target audience,nomatter what EA devs want in the beginning!

Last edited:
I think that's exactly what they're doing. The majority of the complaints are along those lines - "I intercepted a bullet pass and the ball bounced off me, IT'S NOT FAIR", "I tackled the ball-carrier and the ball rolled to their teammate, WHAT'S THE POINT", "I aimed at the goal but my shot missed, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A GAME".

I played a few old FIFAs yesterday and was astounded at the feel of FIFA 20 in comparison to 22. A recent FIFA (which I don't like), without sliders, and I'm convinced the physics are much better. The ball doesn't (as often) fly like a cannonball from the barest of contacts, then stop like it's smashed into a cushion when it collides with someone (no matter the skill of the player or the physics of the situation).

The players also don't (as often) run like Scooby Doo on ice. I knew it was bad in 22 but it's confirmed, for me, that the animation and the general motion is the worst it's ever been. In the year this was specifically worked on. That sets off the alarm bells.

After this discovery, I'm finding it really difficult to enjoy 22 and overlook just how crudely the whole experience is coded - which is astonishing when you can peek into the code using PC tools and see all the stuff that's present but completely overridden for the sake of Fortnite players.

Fifa 20 is about to be my most played FIFA ,pretty underated.
Think the most critique from us offliners Vs that game was the implementation of 1v1 defending.

Given that my time on Fifa 22 is 2 hours (old gen) and 27 min (new gen) maybe my insights in 22 shouldn't be taken too serious.
But my conclusion/review on 22 is that it's rubbish ,for all the reason you've just described ,and my 2:27 playing it.

Back
Top Bottom