FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Was about to turn my PS5 on after a few months, reading these last few pages I'll don't think I'll bother.
Find the right sliders for your preference and the game is superb. I still don't get the 21 comparison I have yet to concede a goal where my players have just switched off . My issue is I've just found the sliders I like for this patch and there's another patch round the corner

Oh great, another 'update'

Sigh - This game really is the ultimate case study in how a competitive online gaming culture becomes a disease that utterly consumes a game.

What they (the developers) don’t seem to understand is that they are NEVER going to be able to please these people. The online gamers seem to lead such a hollow and miserable existence, none of them seem to gleam any actual enjoyment from the game, or football in general, at all!

When I read stuff like this https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/19/17256960/fifa-18-soccer-addiction I really do pity them.

But, what’s so frustrating is that they drag the rest of us down into their pit of dispair with them.

Sometimes, I just want to turn on my console at the end of the day and ENJOY one or two semi-realistic (man, I don’t even want hyper-realism) simulated football matches, offline. I don’t think people like us are the minority either, it’s just that we don’t shout as loud as the YouTube bros.

I genuinely think the developers’ hearts are in the right place……I get the impression they want the same game we do, hence what we end up getting the first few weeks after release.

TBF - It must be a really awful product for them to work on.....nothing but the incoherent negative feedback of people who just lost 6-4 in ‘MegaFUTsquadz’ to a hatrick of overhead rabonas against BoNErKing420.

Last edited:
Oh great, another 'update'

Sigh - This game really is the ultimate case study of how competitive online gaming culture becomes a complete cancer that utterly consumes a game.

What they (the developers) don’t seem to understand is that they are NEVER going to be able to please these people. The online gamers seem to lead such a hollow and miserable existence, none of them seem to gleam any actual enjoyment from the game. At all!

When I read stuff like this https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/19/17256960/fifa-18-soccer-addiction I really do pity them.

But, what’s so frustrating is that they drag the rest of us down into their pit of dispair with them.

Sometimes, I just want to turn on my console at the end of the day and ENJOY one or two semi-realistic (man, I don’t even want hyper-realism) simulated football matches, offline. I don’t think people like us are the minority either, it’s just that we don’t shout as loud as the YouTube bros.

I genuinely think the developers’ hearts are in the right place……I get the impression they want the same game we do, hence what we end up getting the first few weeks after release.

TBF - It must be a really awful product for them to work on.....nothing but the incoherent negative feedback of people who just lost 6-4 in ‘MegaFUTsquadz’ to a hatrick of overhead rabonas against BoNErKing420.
They should really have the system of "Tuner sets" like EA has on NHL.
Revert to which ever version you found to be the best when playing offline ,latest version playing HUT/EASHL (FUT /CLUB)
Easy solution

Was watching some of the curling earlier. I now know where EA get their foot planting from. It's seriously, seriously bad since the update.

Had a classic of the genre just now. Safe to say playing against better opposition has dented my rediscovered enjoyment of the game.

The state of this:

The turn on the edge of the box. The keeper. Ched Evans. 🤢

Was watching some of the curling earlier. I now know where EA get their foot planting from. It's seriously, seriously bad since the update.

Had a classic of the genre just now. Safe to say playing against better opposition has dented my rediscovered enjoyment of the game.

The state of this:

FFS!

Fifa 20 is about to be my most played FIFA ,pretty underated.
Think the most critique from us offliners Vs that game was the implementation of 1v1 defending.

Given that my time on Fifa 22 is 2 hours (old gen) and 27 min (new gen) maybe my insights in 22 shouldn't be taken too serious.
But my conclusion/review on 22 is that it's rubbish ,for all the reason you've just described ,and my 2:27 playing it.
I agree with you about FIFA 20, without the 1v1 there was a good game in there somewhere. Unfortunately it ruined it! I recommend giving 22 NG a run on the disc version, it will improve your experience.

I agree with you about FIFA 20, without the 1v1 there was a good game in there somewhere. Unfortunately it ruined it! I recommend giving 22 NG a run on the disc version, it will improve your experience.
But the 1v1 stuff is present there too, right?

I try every patch to give it a go ,with sliders ,but the movement is something I can't stand
I realised FIFA isn't for me anymore ,I still have a good time when on 17/20.
But this is (so far ) a hard pass for me.
For me ,despite hating 1v1 on Fifa 20 ,it grew on me ,I could stay on WC and still have a good attacking ai.
But cheers mate ,might go back when it's fully patched.
Then you know what you're up against ,without having to fix it for a few days then go back or re start

Last edited:
But the 1v1 stuff is present there too, right?
On 22?

On NG 22 I think the addition of the 11v11 capture significantly reduces the impact of 1v1 (and for me is the best feature of the game). It's not always ideal (it can be a little rigid), but the fact that teams move across the pitch and cover spaces based on the ball etc is huge. If you go back to 20 or 21 (even 22 PC) and you'll notice just how much 'iso ball' there is.

In general, the disc version of 22 is by far better than the current update for me. I can't go back (or forward:ANX:) now.

Last edited:

The state of this:

That turn would get a 10 on Strictly Come Dancing

On 22?

On NG 22 I think the addition of the 11v11 capture significantly reduces the impact of 1v1 (and for me is the best feature of the game). It's not always ideal (it can be a little rigid), but the fact that teams move across the pitch and cover spaces based on the ball etc is huge. If you go back to 20 or 21 (even 22 PC) and you'll notice just how much 'iso ball' there is.

In general, the disc version of 22 is by far better than the current update for me. I can't go back (or forward:ANX:) now.
Can you post a video of disc version mate? All I remember was luck of fouls.

Less fouls , more twitchy and ai close range goals. I had one game when it was installing with the limited teams which was nice the. 2 premier league games when it was fully installed and updated. It obviously depends on what you like but for me with sliders current version is great with plenty of free kicks

Yeah will do tomorrow, although I’m not sure how well the differences will translate to a video.
Less fouls , more twitchy and ai close range goals. I had one game when it was installing with the limited teams which was nice the. 2 premier league games when it was fully installed and updated. It obviously depends on what you like but for me with sliders current version is great with plenty of free kicks
Yeah there’s less fouls (I’m still having some though) and there’s probably plenty of other little bugs etc in this version, but overall I think the best way I can describe it is that it just feels more solid for me. I feel I can rely on the mechanics more, especially in the physicality (and in the ball physics). I can beat a man by putting them off balance and wrong footing them, the foot planting is better, CPU isn’t as fixated on playing as direct, I find positioning/behaviour is less erratic in defence and I just find there’s more of a fight for the ball. Most importantly for me are the passages of play are more engaging.

If you’ve got a good balance on the new update then that’s great though man. Personally I just couldn’t find it despite tweaking it, and I feel my old sliders/adjustment work really well on the disc version.

Last edited:
Yeah will do tomorrow, although I’m not sure how well the differences will translate to a video.

Yeah there’s less fouls (I’m still having some though) and there’s probably plenty of other little bugs etc in this version, but overall I think the best way I can describe it is that it just feels more solid for me. I feel I can rely on the mechanics more, especially in the physicality (and in the ball physics). I can beat a man by putting them off balance and wrong footing them, the foot planting is better, CPU isn’t as fixated on playing as direct, I find positioning/behaviour is less erratic in defence and I just find there’s more of a fight for the ball. Most importantly for me are the passages of play are more engaging.

If you’ve got a good balance on the new update then that’s great though man. Personally I just couldn’t find it despite tweaking it, and I feel my old sliders/adjustment work really well on the disc version.
Personally I would rather no fouls than ridiculous out of context lunges which have been transparently coded as they've broken the engine and can't/don't want to get it back to how it used to be.

Honestly some games remind me of World Cup 98 when you could press triangle and get a guaranteed red card. Embarrassing. There are no body check fouls at all.

Personally I would rather no fouls than ridiculous out of context lunges which have been transparently coded as they've broken the engine and can't/don't want to get it back to how it used to be.

Honestly some games remind me of World Cup 98 when you could press triangle and get a guaranteed red card. Embarrassing. There are no body check fouls at all.
Yeah I agree. Some of those slide tackles and ridiculous red cards were very annoying.

Yeah I agree. Some of those slide tackles and ridiculous red cards were very annoying.
Yeah, and I dons understand why they dont ref more likely to give faul/card.

I have many contacts in game, somenof which would be yellow card, and in game usually nothing happens

I reverted back to v1.00. You can instantly feel a difference in gameplay compared to the current update.

My early take away is that it's a slower, more precise, less overall frantic experience, both in terms of CPU behaviour and movement. There’s more weight/inertia to players, physicality is more substantial and the foot-planting is better. This also makes the CPU press more effective as everything isn’t quite as hyper responsive. I find the ball physics to be heavier which is another positive.

I’ve played this game virtually every day for months now and I’m sure it’s no placebo. Reverting also reconfirmed to me that the new update did more harm than good to the game.

My old sliders/tactical adjustment that were dialed in for the previous updates seemed to click back into place also. The biggest negative so far is probably goalkeepers, they need bumping up a bit and there’s a little bit more of a tendency from the CPU to tika taka in the box on occasion, but with the adjustments it’s much of an issue so far. The game is undoubtedly much better on the disc version at this point.
What old sliders of yours are you actually using with the vanilla?

It's like they can't have 'soft' free kicks, presumably because this would wreak havoc with the hardcore online crowd. So instead, to have something in offline they chuck in these mad, reckless sliding tackles in an attempt to compensate.

What I notice massively is the difference in build up play by the AI on world class. Much closer to the real thing, not that frantic, but with known flaws. Keepers are are prob here for sure. world class seems better balanced with more error on both sides, even with regular sliders. A tad to fast on slow, so want sliders.

In the latest version, minor teams playing the hot potato game, passing the ball around like crazy. Don’t like that.
Professional in the latest version became to easy in offense and manageable in defense. on world class it’s a challenge in offense for me but too frantic when defending.

In the latest version, minor teams playing the hot potato game, passing the ball around like crazy. Don’t like that.
Professional in the latest version became to easy in offense and manageable in defense. on world class it’s a challenge in offense for me but too frantic when defending.

I noticed this too. Startet a new career mode yesterday evening to test if the new patch fits for me, default sliders again, worldclass, semi controls.
Startet a career with Brentford and just played Mansfield Town in Carabao Cup. Was struggeling to get a scrappy 2:1 win. Mansfield had more than twice as much passes than me, hardly missed one and I even saw a totally unnecessary backheel pass in midfield. Plus these floaty hectical animations. Can't say it was fun to play...

I noticed this too. Startet a new career mode yesterday evening to test if the new patch fits for me, default sliders again, worldclass, semi controls.
Startet a career with Brentford and just played Mansfield Town in Carabao Cup. Was struggeling to get a scrappy 2:1 win. Mansfield had more than twice as much passes than me, hardly missed one and I even saw a totally unnecessary backheel pass in midfield. Plus these floaty hectical animations. Can't say it was fun to play...
I’m playing a Brentford career as well. :RSCARF:That’s where I tested. Plus regular kick off matches vice versa.

we had that topic before, the difficulty is not good enough balanced between the minor and the top teams.

Last edited:
Spot on man. It was probably the first thing I noticed in the update, way less touches from them all around the pitch, super quick passing.

Spot on man. It was probably the first thing I noticed in the update, way less touches from them all around the pitch, super quick passing.
As you know, I was testing your vanilla slider set and it played totally different to the current version, pace wise. Physics. AI behavior. 👍
After a couple of matches I was trying to adapt those sliders to the latest updated version.
I really think that passing error and first touch error can tame the AI a bit.
I had to turn down first touch to 90 and passing error to 70 for the AI, so teams like man city and bayern not looking that bad in the passing game department. They had to many missed passes... did not look like the real thing. Now they do tend to miss passes but mostly the last one, the important one into the panel box.
Had my manual passing and shot error dailig down to 60.
Will try against city once more. Than I’m gonna give the minor teams a try and see.

A breath of fresh air your slider project brought to me game! 😍👍

Edit: when our brain can deal with certain situations, our heart sometimes isn’t that “flexible” and I’m grateful to be part of this community, enjoying all its benefits! Thank you! 🙏

Last edited:
This is an example of the weird type of behaviour that’s been introduced in the latest update. I can’t work out if it’s down to an increase in speed for the ball carrier/turning animations or if it’s something to do with the defender behaviour/positioning but it’s really ruining the game. You can just breeze by players without really needing to do anything. So frustrating...

EDIT: After going straight back to the disc version, I’m sure it’s actually the lightning turning/change of direction speed been changed and is causing the problem.

Last edited:
Made the mistake of playing FIFA 15 yesterday - again reminding me of the glaring absence of progress - but I still had some good times with 22 over the weekend. A really gritty 0-0 included.

I'm having to swallow some shit, especially the fuck-you-Newton animation dumps, but generally speaking I'm finding it quite balanced.

Back
Top Bottom