FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I still give FIFA a pass this year ... at least, at least --- they put maybe 10% of game development into this hypermotion, they tried ... and not all into false marketing and gambling (like KONAMI and probably UFL)

I'm pretty sure this stuff actually was in the game until they took it out in FIFA 22. In FIFA 21 and earlier, when you choose showers or flurries as the weather condition, the commentators mention at some point that the rain / snow intensity decreases.

Quick question on CM/Player career.
Have they fixed how teams finish?
I know on my FIFA 20 careers the winning team in my played league lost 1 or max 2 games making a title run impossible.

I posted this on the 21 thread as well ,and got the answer that it was fixed only to sim a few seasons seeing it was bullshit!
Well, it was fixed back in FIFA 21.

I'm pretty sure this stuff actually was in the game until they took it out in FIFA 22. In FIFA 21 and earlier, when you choose showers or flurries as the weather condition, the commentators mention at some point that the rain / snow intensity decreases.

Well, it was fixed back in FIFA 21.
Not when I tried it ,I still had city finishing the season with 1L and 3 D

main-qimg-4c980181a2dc37c960c2e06ca10e27d0

Gameplay

Made the following changes:
Stepovers and flicks cannot be performed for 500 milliseconds after initiating a Player Run.

This change is intended to prevent the aforementioned Skill Moves from clashing with the ability to choose a direction for the requested Player Run.

Addressed the following issues:

Following the activation of Player Lock with the input being performed at an angle, the first Player Switch would not occur and had to be performed again.

In some rare situations when shooting after a Skill Move, the shot would not be as accurate as intended.

If the Right Stick Switching option was set to Player Rotation, a right stick player switch could not be done after activating Player Lock.

In some cases, sliding tackles could be incorrectly called as a foul depending on which area of the defender’s body made contact with the ball.

Bringing back more of the physical interactions in TU5 with a huge speed/acceleration discrepancy. Before the changes, players were 'sliding' off each other and rarely interacting. I feel like it's playing much more balanced now despite 50/60 speed and 46/49 acc.

Gameplay

Made the following changes:
Stepovers and flicks cannot be performed for 500 milliseconds after initiating a Player Run.

This change is intended to prevent the aforementioned Skill Moves from clashing with the ability to choose a direction for the requested Player Run.

Addressed the following issues:

Following the activation of Player Lock with the input being performed at an angle, the first Player Switch would not occur and had to be performed again.

In some rare situations when shooting after a Skill Move, the shot would not be as accurate as intended.

If the Right Stick Switching option was set to Player Rotation, a right stick player switch could not be done after activating Player Lock.

In some cases, sliding tackles could be incorrectly called as a foul depending on which area of the defender’s body made contact with the ball.

Do we know if EA's patch notes are comprehensive? Nothing hidden?

Basically I want to know whether keepers have possibly been improved. My interpretation of the notes suggests not.

Keepers were supposed to have been worked on in earlier patches and I think in one of the live tuning updates..

Indeed, which is at the heart of my frustration as they're still absolutely mince! 😄

Just hoping - probably in vain - that they've tweaked them again but it's just omitted from the notes for whatever reason. It's a sign of desperation, yet I'm intent on not touching the game again until I know they've taken a look at keepers once more.

Indeed, which is at the heart of my frustration as they're still absolutely mince! 😄

Just hoping - probably in vain - that they've tweaked them again but it's just omitted from the notes for whatever reason. It's a sign of desperation, yet I'm intent on not touching the game again until I know they've taken a look at keepers once more.
I feel like the notes aren’t completely comprehensive as the speed of animations, change of direction etc has definitely been sped up in recent updates and there was no mention of that anywhere..

I feel like the notes aren’t completely comprehensive as the speed of animations, change of direction etc has definitely been sped up in recent updates and there was no mention of that anywhere..

I've always suspected there's a Konami-style 'variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience' in there without them saying as much. And with good reason, because when Konami does that it's even more annoying!

Just got myself a new 4kTV 55" replacing our old 49 inch LG4k tv . Its not OLED but my god the difference is night and day when playing FIFA. It looks so beautiful :)
Congrats!
Yeah, a couple of years between TV’s and it can be a night and day difference.
Try tinkering with those accessibility settings for contrast and brightness. I upped my contrast wich gave my game a better picture. Standard settings had my pic looking a bit pale.

Congrats!
Yeah, a couple of years between TV’s and it can be a night and day difference.
Try tinkering with those accessibility settings for contrast and brightness. I upped my contrast wich gave my game a better picture. Standard settings had my pic looking a bit pale.
Yeah I've done all that , settled for HDR vivid with some in-game adjustments ..it's crazy how better it looks . Also with a 55 i play zoomed out a bit more , even the EA game cam is playable for me. It feels like a next gen upgrade even though it isn't

It's over.

Wake me up when the keepers stop doing this shit.
This GK broke his back to let me score.

View attachment 144822
It's so painfully obvious how the game breaks itself to let goals go in etc. (purely based on the whines of FUT players who demand that more shots go in, that every tackle is a success, that no interception should be "punished" by the ball bouncing loose etc.). The majority of player attributes mean next-to-nothing now.

After a few games last night, one which exclusively featured goals like the below, I'm done.

Feels like when the FIFA license is ditched, they will just go full eSports / cartoon, based on the desires of their loudest players.

The worst part is, I turned the GK accuracy slider up to 70.

There's no fixing this stuff, it's hardcoded via updates as a response to the FUT complaints.

Actual football fans are just doomed.
I waited for the honeymoon to be over when it came out (regardless of the game being a gem or not) simply because I've/we've been around this game and company for a few years now Chris ,and every time it pretty much end up like this ,great-good-ok-fuck off with FIFA.

I've booted up both my free trial copies each time a new patch has arrived and play a game ,or half or just a few minutes ,setting up sliders (OS) but it's not an accident that my XB1 version has under 2 hrs playing time ,and my Xbox S/X copy in under an hour.
Not touching this with my worst enemy's hand.

And you know next year will be the same pile of FUT crap...again.

I'm happy playing something else ,something less shiny but fundamentally "correct" in terms of game play/movement.

There's no fixing this stuff, it's hardcoded via updates as a response to the FUT complaints.

I feel, it’s their mechanic to have the game running. Stats are second, if matter at all (see diff level here). Sad that is. Really sad.
I wouldnt mind as much when it just wouldn’t look that shite. Hell... ^^
As i said, it feels to me that this stuff is determining a games outcome. When it should be football skills followed by stats followed by nice animations. Imo.

I'm aware I'm like a broken record, but I can't understand why there isn't universal outcry about the keepers. Surely no-one, even the FUTheads, is happy with the state of them? Regardless of whether you're playing the CPU or jimmy1181 you can't be accepting that.

Scandalously, gamebreakingly bad.

Sliders simply can't fix this mess. You can use sliders to adjust the game nearer to your likeness (or beeing grumpy: make it less shitty), but things like that are programmed by design. "It's not a bug, it's a feature."

Back
Top Bottom