FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I'm aware I'm like a broken record, but I can't understand why there isn't universal outcry about the keepers. Surely no-one, even the FUTheads, is happy with the state of them? Regardless of whether you're playing the CPU or jimmy1181 you can't be accepting that.

Scandalously, gamebreakingly bad.
I assume a new group has rised, or will rise up, sooner or latter, in the darkest corners of FuT crowd, that will/would consider GK AI is too CPU assisted, something like, "GK autosave is too OP, stop whining, git gut amd grab the GK with your cursor, there's no skill gap in dis game when the CPU is babysitting you by controlling the GK"....

Basically i was surprised it was not yet a thing, when the general consensus is, everyone apart from the attacking-cursor player, must be mentally dead.

You know, any action by your rest teamates that resembles real football, is considered AI intervention.. When you score a rainbow-bridge-la croquetta-el tornado-double touch-green-light-timed-finishing-finesee,. it is just the truth.... .

For the faults it has, as a game and a package i still really enjoy it. Loving my career mode in the lower divisions and also loving international games.

Two things i would like improving are

Goalies
AI Players moving out of position to let you pass on the lower difficulties - Professional level is my proffered level but you can easily pass AI players in midfield as they feably stick a leg out.

Its unfortunate as i get loads of freekicks on professional level.

For the faults it has, as a game and a package i still really enjoy it. Loving my career mode in the lower divisions and also loving international games.

Two things i would like improving are

Goalies
AI Players moving out of position to let you pass on the lower difficulties - Professional level is my proffered level but you can easily pass AI players in midfield as they feably stick a leg out.

Its unfortunate as i get loads of freekicks on professional level.
I'm enjoying the game greatly. It took me about a month to get the sliders just how I want them but to me it's the most enjoyable footy game I've played since FIFA 16 and PES 6 before that.

I'm enjoying the game greatly. It took me about a month to get the sliders just how I want them but to me it's the most enjoyable footy game I've played since FIFA 16 and PES 6 before that.

Hi! Mind sharing your sliders? I'm trying my best to find ways to enjoy the game by trying different set of sliders. Thanks in advance!

I even noticed an "it's too slow". Incredible.
What do you mean dude? Are you a rat??? :P
What's a rat in FuT slang btw? I see it a lot but can't understand?? :P

By reading the comments, i won't screenshot as I can't hide nicknames in mobile phone, i read : "extremely slow gameplay", "unresponsive", " deflections here and there?" "mud", "amazing goalkeepers"!!!!!?????? Wut??No???? :D
Are deflections a bad feature now? What should the ball do, after bounce in a body part, uncontrolled!????

What do you mean dude? Are you a rat??? :P
What's a rat in FuT slang btw? I see it a lot but can't understand?? :P

By reading the comments, i won't screenshot as I can't hide nicknames in mobile phone, i read : "extremely slow gameplay", "unresponsive", " deflections here and there?" "mud", "amazing goalkeepers"!!!!!?????? Wut??No???? :D
Are deflections a bad feature now? What should the ball do, after bounce in a body part, uncontrolled!????

I just noticed that Twitter has included downvotes on comments. Time to go to town. 😁

VideoGamesChronicle: EA's CEO Tells Staff It's "Impeded" by FIFA Brand

So, EA are ditching the FIFA license.

Why? In order to escape their strict terms? Add diving, add incorrect referee decisions?

No. So that they can add "more cultural" clothing brands, i.e. "Nike".

Fucking. Doomed.

That's beyond parody. Ecosystems, engagement, content, space. Bingo!

'Our players want' - I'd love them to show their workings here. By this I assume they mean 'we have such a grip on the market we can invent demand and make our players want'.

So is no-one going to be taking up the FIFA licence next year?
The article says there will be a FIFA 23, but that will likely be the last FIFA by EA. Back when this was first talked about publicly, FIFA released a statement saying they were glad of the opportunity to work with a different developer as it's been a monopoly until now. In other words, "you're not leaving us, we're leaving you, loser :CRY:".

VideoGamesChronicle: EA's CEO Tells Staff It's "Impeded" by FIFA Brand

So, EA are ditching the FIFA license.

Why? In order to escape their strict terms? Add diving, add incorrect referee decisions?

No. So that they can add "more cultural" clothing brands, i.e. "Nike".

Fucking. Doomed.

It's just a rights fee decision. Not so much about EA wanting to add nike and other BS (which they will) but that's just collateral effects. Doubling the fee (allegedly) doesn't seem to provide a ROI for EA if according to them they only get real use of it every 4 years. EA would happily keep th name (a strong brand recognition carries $ value) if they thought it was worth it.

Which other company could take that license at that price if its not EA?

They'll just add extra fluff (nike, other modes) they couldnt add bc of FIFA limitations.
I also think *think* the average fifa player would prefer all that fluff than to say incorrect referee decisions...

WTF do they mean by more modes than 11vs11? I will bang my head
It's just a rights fee decision. Not so much about EA wanting to add nike and other BS (which they will) but that's just collateral effects. Doubling the fee (allegedly) doesn't seem to provide a ROI for EA if according to them they only get real use of it every 4 years. EA would happily keep th name (a strong brand recognition carries $ value) if they thought it was worth it.

Which other company could take that license at that price if its not EA?

They'll just add extra fluff (nike, other modes) they couldnt add bc of FIFA limitations.
I also think *think* the average fifa player would prefer all that fluff than to say incorrect referee decisions...
But what do they mean by more modes. 11x11 is the sport itself, Volta is the street equivalent with 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, etc. What else is left? I hope not some monetizable: alternative/battle royal/direct-answer-to-Fortninte/modes...

What i read, was more a white collar speech, CEO though.. Basically the most "white collar" in sports video games...

Last edited:
WTF do they mean by more modes than 11vs11? I will bang my head

But what do they mean by more modes. 11x11 is the sport itself, Volta is the street equivalent with 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, etc. What else is left? I hope not some monetizable: alternative/battle royal/direct-answer-to-Fortninte/modes...

What i read, was more a white collar speech, CEO though.. Basically the most "white collar" in sports video games...
Its ea. Theyll find some other battle royal mode they can sell

10 games to go In my div 1 career as Bolton . 3 points clear at the top but had some recent tough games , lost 3-2 against Oxford after being 2 nil up and two tough 1 nil wins against mid table teams

Hi! Mind sharing your sliders? I'm trying my best to find ways to enjoy the game by trying different set of sliders. Thanks in advance.
Obviously if you find the game too easy or too hard with these settings, you can increase/decrease AI passing/shooting accuracy further along with AI goalkeeping/marking. But I feel the pace is about right (I play on slow) and it seems to eliminate the CPU being superhuman.

Edited to say, a lot of the games AI stupidity both on the CPU team and the AI of the players on your team you’re not controlling, disappears mostly at World Class with the CPU being both more logical than stupid and more creative rather than mediocre teams playing tika-taka against you. I’m more of a Professional level player but the AI is too dumb too often so the only way I could remain competitive but not make myself super-human was to decrease the CPU’s super-human characteristics with their passing and shooting and the user gk not being a joke. Players play like professional soccer players on World Class, they don’t on the lower/higher difficulties, they’re either idiots or gods.

if the game is too slow for you on slow, maintain those same speed/acceleration settings I have and change the game speed to normal. That has a different effect than using the sliders and provides a much more natural speed increase where as increasing the speed through the sliders other than my settings can make the game more jerky.

I don’t think if you are on manual shooting that you should have any shot error at all added because the game already adds a randomness/non-consistency/poor form element to shots regardless of assistance or slider level. Believe me, it’s a whole different level of enjoyment when you score a wonder goal knowing it was 100% you. No scripting and no sabotage. The pass/shot speed adjustments were made because the CPU automatically adds the correct pass/shot strength whereas a human takes a measurable period of time, however small. I didn’t mess with any of the length/width, etc. adjustments because on World Class, the CPU plays diverse enough between the good and bad teams and follow closely their default game tactics of how wide they normally play, etc. A first touch error of 70 at least to me is as close to a real game.

No slider set will ever be perfect and nor will any default set because we are all sliders ourselves in terms of ability in the game. Some of us are great passing teams, others dribbling or combo. Some players are great in the final third but weak in the middle. Therefore don’t feel you’re sinning by using a base and adjusting it purely to you to bring maximum enjoyment, not other people.

Life used to be easier when I made the PES6-2009 patches.

Attachments

• D8384E5A-4756-4B95-B987-526216DB73B6.png
    D8384E5A-4756-4B95-B987-526216DB73B6.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
In my last game of the div season 1 , a must win fir Bolton to secure automatic promotion my top goal scorer comes up with this to make it 2 nil...scenes ..game finished 3 nil to secure 2nd spot

Rather than going for the delete button, I have decided to shake things up instead. So I have thrown out all my attempts of making this play like PES and switched all settings to semi, where possible, and the rest to assisted. Also tried playing a tournament with the ladies and after a horrendous first match on my old settings, I had a great second match which gave me this lovely effort. Can't be mad at effing up the penalty just before!

Still on professional, I suspect I will go to World Class when I switch back to the men.

Back
Top Bottom