FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Hypermotion was a game changer on bêta. The game was really impressive. On release date, befor the patch, FIFA was the best to date.

But FUT addicts with their complains kill the game : the increase of the ball speed and the GK who were amazing on beta slowly became more dumb patch after parch.

EA could made a masterpiece of football but FUT fans don't want that : they want easy goal with finess shoots again, again and again, Quick gameplay.

It's sad and I have no hope for FIFA 23...
Nextgen power wasn't really used : graphics, animations, visuals, etc...
When you see NBA 2K22 it's another level in immersion!

The patch is out on PS5. Not yet on Xbox Series X. 1,4go with 6 and 6.1 fix inside.
Out on Series X too now. 4,21 go

Last edited:
Hypermotion was a game changer on bêta. The game was really impressive. On release date, befor the patch, FIFA was the best to date.

But FUT addicts with their complains kill the game : the increase of the ball speed and the GK who were amazing on beta slowly became more dumb patch after parch.

EA could made a masterpiece of football but FUT fans don't want that : they want easy goal with finess shoots again, again and again, Quick gameplay.

It's sad and I have no hope for FIFA 23...
Nextgen power wasn't really used : graphics, animations, visuals, etc...
When you see NBA 2K22 it's another level in immersion!
It would be so easy to make two games ... simulation (normal people), FUT (idiots) ...
EA can make idiots option to be a default one, but leave somewhere in game options normal people.

Game is now 30-50% slower. Its slower than beta and version 1.00, skating almost doesnt exist. It's massive change but i believe that UT bots will cry and rage and in next weeks we will see same old fifa again ;)

Game is now 30-50% slower. Its slower than beta and version 1.00, skating almost doesnt exist. It's massive change but i believe that UT bots will cry and rage and in next weeks we will see same old fifa again ;)
Really? With the last patch? Man, if it's true I will be amazed :PRAY:

Here we go again...

No mention of goalkeepers in the patch notes, so no dice.

My best hope is that resident sadist @Chris Davies plays it again and assures me they've stopped being gamebreakingly shite and just not mentioned it.
Yeah they really are a buzzkiller, The amount of goals where on the replay it's evident the Keeper has avoided a ball travelling straight at him like it's a threat to his life is so deflating.

Yeah they really are a buzzkiller, The amount of goals where on the replay it's evident the Keeper has avoided a ball travelling straight at him like it's a threat to his life is so deflating.

Totally kills the game. And because you can't affect them it makes it even worse. Their game-defining actions are, fittingly, out of your hands.

I'm pretty incredulous that it's not more of an issue. The FIFA community's hair is always on fire about something but now it seems like keepers are way down the list. I know the FUT bros despise any AI interference but when it looks as pathetic and unrealistic as that? Surely not.

It would be so easy to make two games ... simulation (normal people), FUT (idiots) ...
EA can make idiots option to be a default one, but leave somewhere in game options normal people.

I don't mind FUT, I actually enjoy both career mode and FUT

I really don't get how some people here think FUT is for idiots or "kids". But if you like simulation (whatever that means for each person) you are a grown up or a normal serious adult. Its a generalization that I haven't really understood. I see it as the same generalization as "video games are for kids"... Have fun with the mode you like without sounding so condescending...

Anyway, I played a few games before the update and the game was still enjoyable but had to start from scratch with sliders (hadnt played in a few weeks) , looking forward to this update although I agree I saw some either superman keepers or some really questionable goals. Hopefully its up on Stadia

I have made some matches. Really nice one. I didn't play since a mounth.
First match versus Napoli : 0 - 0
Some occasions but i play like United in these days

Second match versus Barcelona.
What a match.
CR7 has scores on Free kick at 22 minutes! Barça scores at 69 minutes

Third match : a crazy match versus Guangzh

Start of the season : community Shield vs Burnley, A very good match

Ive had a few games , had to tome down the pace s bit but feels very responsive and had quite a few fouls on world class . Like it so far

Ive had a few games , had to tome down the pace s bit but feels very responsive and had quite a few fouls on world class . Like it so far
So is it slower or faster......

Well, I just had a few games now, to try and take my mind off how crazy the world is. Weirdly, it does feel both too slow and too fast...

It's such a weird game, isn't it? With default sliders, players look like they're running in slow motion when you sprint due to the pacing of the running animation, yet when you're doing small movements and/or dribbling, players react like they are receiving electric jolts to the testicles.

The ball flies ridiculously fast - like a bullet - every 5th or 6th pass, yet most of the time it "feels" like a marshmallow and floats at half-speed when you chip it, or shoot.

It just constantly feels like gravity has been turned off. I do think it's slower overall (I was playing on normal speed, with fast teams, and didn't feel like I needed to turn it down to slow). But I'm also seeing just as much skating. So maybe it's just my perception.

EDIT: If you need a laugh... Try starting a Player Career and just walk around slowly with the ball, on any difficulty. In my last game, I tried this out, and the AI received six yellow cards and two reds. They will just destroy you with ankle-breaking tackles. It is absolutely stupid.

Last edited:
It's such a weird game, isn't it? With default sliders, players look like they're running in slow motion when you sprint due to the pacing of the running animation, yet when you're doing small movements and/or dribbling, players react like they are receiving electric jolts to the testicles.
Haha this is so true.

I've played a couple of games with the update on my sliders (that's my reference point) and I feel like it's a decent update overall so far. It feels a little slower to me, with the ball and players slightly weightier than before. Despite the length of time it can take to engage that sprinting animation, I'm sticking with the 10 point speed and 3 point acceleration discrepancy as I feel it still provides the best overall balance.

I like a lot this update. The game feels slower, more inertia. I didn't see superglue controls, the ball is more free??
I have lost a lot of 1 vs 1 situation, with CR7, with Sancho, the GK seems have better reflexs.

Maybe it's only because I didn't play this game since a mounth but the pleasure to play is back.
I have to do more matches today and I will update my feelings.

I like a lot this update. The game feels slower, more inertia. I didn't see superglue controls, the ball is more free??
I have lost a lot of 1 vs 1 situation, with CR7, with Sancho, the GK seems have better reflexs.

Maybe it's only because I didn't play this game since a mounth but the pleasure to play is back.
I have to do more matches today and I will update my feelings.
ive seen a couple of new GK animations or reactions - one with feet like GK sat down and saved it and more catching. Still undecided on the speed. Professional feels nice on more or less default sliders but WC needs heavy editing for me

I'm in love mate.
Not all changes are on the chancelog I think.
GK are a Far better than before.
Gamespeed is really great.
The middle is the Big winner. It's hard too reach the goal. Defenders are stronger, used more their physics. GK have new animations, wow I didn't expect that

I have made an Aston Villa Vs Everton. The AI was strong on defense, very hard to shoot.

Next match, a Big one : Italy vs Portugal
What a match with overtime and penalties at the end! My best match on FIFA 22 I think. A real thriller!

There is something about the way players control the ball and turn in this game that completely turns me off.
It is like the player is passively waiting for the ball to reach him, then the ball gets magnetized to its foot (sometimes the player slightly teleprot to the ball) and then it can turn on a dime often using the sole of the shoes. All this accompanied by the sliding...

There is something about the way players control the ball and turn in this game that completely turns me off.
It is like the player is passively waiting for the ball to reach him, then the ball gets magnetized to its foot (sometimes the player slightly teleprot to the ball) and then it can turn on a dime often using the sole of the shoes. All this accompanied by the sliding...
The ball now flicks up more when turning, something else i noticed on top of the GK improvements

You guys are finding headers are the same? I just had a couple of games and scored 3 headers (they used to be very floaty).
Which was kinda weird bc I almost never score or they go way higher than the goal post. Could have been just luck though

1st game of my career now and I can definitely see 2 big changes . Shot error has increased . 10 shots only 3 on target in first half . Goal keepers have improved on top of that ..good update this

You guys are finding headers are the same? I just had a couple of games and scored 3 headers (they used to be very floaty).
Which was kinda weird bc I almost never score or they go way higher than the goal post. Could have been just luck though
I found myself winning almost every single header yesterday, out of the blue. Not just me then.

I get this as well - It's like both the players and the ball contain low key magnets which give us action that feels like this...

That said, it's definately slower than it was before but that'll all change soon enough and we'll get some other wacky imitation of football.

I dunno, I think I'm just getting tired of figuring out if I like this game or not.

Last edited:
I scored a headed goal last night too, which isn't typical of me either.

I scored a headed goal last night too, which isn't typical of me either.

Gotta get some more games in.... Hopefully its not overdone like PES18. Hopefully there's some middleground.

How are you finding the update. Changes to your sliders? I actually reverted to kinda stock to get a better feel...

Back
Top Bottom