FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I let go FIFA for 1 month or so. Today i set to legendary, slowed down the pace by sliders, put 12 mins and i had an amazing expirience. IT was a blast. So enjoyed the game. Tempo is perfect now. Shooting in this game is phenomenal, finishing and that feeling when ball hits the net. Ai played so realistic, not too powerful and it was creative. No words..

I'm guessing it's not a mistake and that it's some kind of Volta thing for your Volta character, for a future event.

Gut-wrenching who they make the game for now, honestly.

That being said, I'm having some really good matches on the latest patch - horribly animated and with waaaaay more skating than I remember seeing before, but I'm actually having some error-filled exciting games, and having to work to break down a defence (sometimes).

...which is why tweets like these immediately post-update make me so sad:

Any movement towards realism and suddenly every FUT player comes out to shout boring.

[Inserts obligatory "okay Mr. Realistic" tag]

I'm guessing it's not a mistake and that it's some kind of Volta thing for your Volta character, for a future event.

Gut-wrenching who they make the game for now, honestly.

That being said, I'm having some really good matches on the latest patch - horribly animated and with waaaaay more skating than I remember seeing before, but I'm actually having some error-filled exciting games, and having to work to break down a defence (sometimes).

...which is why tweets like these immediately post-update make me so sad:

Any movement towards realism and suddenly every FUT player comes out to shout boring.

[Inserts obligatory "okay Mr. Realistic" tag]

No, I think it is just some modders having fun mixing Battlefront (a frostbite game) items inside FIFA. The battlefront modding community is very active.
I believe it is somehow a good news, because with past FIFA version, we could only import meshes with the same number of vertices than the object we wanted to replace. I bet it is not the case anymore, as those battlefront items surely have more vertices than the FIFA item they replace.

Nitpicking Chris? Come on now fella stay positive.;)
I honestly think the only time you see that kind of trail is when you're watching an online stream - I watch plenty of live football (and televised football) and it's just not a thing. If that's why they've added it... It's crazy (and you can't unsee it)...

I honestly think the only time you see that kind of trail is when you're watching an online stream - I watch plenty of live football (and televised football) and it's just not a thing. If that's why they've added it... It's crazy (and you can't unsee it)...

Aye. I was watching with intent over the weekend. In the flesh, low-quality streams, high-quality streams. Dozens of goals. And no trails. I'm all eyes to an example! 😄

I let go FIFA for 1 month or so. Today i set to legendary, slowed down the pace by sliders, put 12 mins and i had an amazing expirience. IT was a blast. So enjoyed the game. Tempo is perfect now. Shooting in this game is phenomenal, finishing and that feeling when ball hits the net. Ai played so realistic, not too powerful and it was creative. No words..
Operationsports latest sliders?

Still not fixed the bug of the players put by the AI Manager to play out of position.
It is a problem that Fifa is carrying for a long time and it is a shame that EA has not fixed it.

"- CPU teams - players are playing out of their normal position. No injuries, everybody is fit yet you can see CM or CB playing as a ST or LW playing as a CDM".

Still not fixed the bug of the players put by the AI Manager to play out of position.
It is a problem that Fifa is carrying for a long time and it is a shame that EA has not fixed it.

"- CPU teams - players are playing out of their normal position. No injuries, everybody is fit yet you can see CM or CB playing as a ST or LW playing as a CDM".

Coming to think of it I've noticed this. Defensive central midfielders playing as strikers while a recognised striker plays out wide. Seems to me like it'd be a relatively simple fix!

Coming to think of it I've noticed this. Defensive central midfielders playing as strikers while a recognised striker plays out wide. Seems to me like it'd be a relatively simple fix!
On the most important Italian forum of Fifa a friend of mine wrote:
"I was happy until my career saw Petagna mid-winger, Vojovoda midfielder and Belotti left-back, switch off and goodbye career.
But aren't they embarrassed in 2022? I'm embarrassed for them, seriously."
Shame on you, EA!!!

On the most important Italian forum of Fifa a friend of mine wrote:
"I was happy until my career saw Petagna mid-winger, Vojovoda midfielder and Belotti left-back, switch off and goodbye career.
But aren't they embarrassed in 2022? I'm embarrassed for them, seriously."
Shame on you, EA!!!

In my Career Mode save, St Johnstone play Murray Davidson as a striker. If you'd asked me to pick one St Johnstone player who wouldn't play as a striker, I'd pick Murray Davidson! 😂

No, I think it is just some modders having fun mixing Battlefront (a frostbite game) items inside FIFA. The battlefront modding community is very active.
I believe it is somehow a good news, because with past FIFA version, we could only import meshes with the same number of vertices than the object we wanted to replace. I bet it is not the case anymore, as those battlefront items surely have more vertices than the FIFA item they replace.

Nope, it's not a mod, but a content in the original Fifa22 game. I checked it out via Fifa Editor Tool.
You can also find it out by typing "122305" in the search box on the Fifa Editor Tool.

Last edited:
Within the space of a 48 hour period, I had two of the best games of football I've had in ages - one on FIFA 22, one on Football Manager 2022.

Which is why it's so frustrating that bugs like AI strikers playing in defence etc. never, ever get fixed. Even more frustrating is the skating and secretly sliding along the floor into position (to ensure you/they win a header, for example). The animation is genuinely the worst I've seen in a modern FIFA title, all for responsiveness' sake.

They truly don't care about us, and any benefits we get from a patch are A) thanks to FUT changes or B) thanks to one high-profile Twitter complaint at a time (i.e. the skinny arms).

But, despite this, I am having some really good games after the last patch:

I'd played (as Tranmere) against some lower-league teams in the pre-season competition on World Class and beat several convincingly, and I thought to myself, here's the big challenge (to see if the game is actually improved)... The "semi-final" against Udinese, who should have absolutely battered me.

I thought - how will their better ability be represented? Will they ping-pong around me in a physically impossible fashion, will they just be much faster than me, or will they be better than me because of the quality of their play? To my surprise, it was largely the latter. They were 1-0 up after 15 minutes.

What shocked me most was that, after about 20 minutes, Deulofeu performed a slide-tackle for a 50/50 ball and absolutely snapped my midfielder in half (who's now out for three months), and got sent off. It didn't look "forced" - it looked fairly natural - and again, I wondered what would happen now.

But the difficulty didn't really drop. Udinese played a decent passing game, and they scored a second just before full-time. I couldn't get through their defence, and with them seemingly playing more defensively, it felt absolutely right that it should feel that way.

The difference between each match was fairly obvious, and that is key for me (a football game lives and dies by its AI in my opinion). If it stays like this, I can squeeze a season or two in and enjoy myself before FIFA 23...

For FIFA 23, i want a real nextgen version, without skating and oldgen animations. That's the priority. FIFA could be really really good but bad animations kill all the good stuff, in my opinion.
Thats quite unlikely. Skating and twitching is there for instant response.
FUT player dont want inertia, weight, balance. If they introduce them - it will slow the gameplay down and will add error. Thats a big no no for all online crowd.
Even IF they separate gameplay and give us separate offline AI - legacy skating and twitching will still be visible.

FUT player dont want inertia, weight, balance. If they introduce them - it will slow the gameplay down and will add error. Thats a big no no for all online crowd.
Even IF they separate gameplay and give us separate offline AI - legacy skating and twitching will still be visible.
Yes sad but true. Responsive gameplay is the priority for them so no more inertia. Only two separate games will solve that. FUT will be f2p and FIFA or whatever it's futur name an offline game with inertia. Damned it will be a dream!

Last edited:

Spot on. Let's not forget they have just openly removed animations that would contribute to a perceivable lack of responsiveness. There's no interest in having players interact with the physical environment. Fuck gravity or friction or any of these other inconveniences! 😄

Spot on. Let's not forget they have just openly removed animations that would contribute to a perceivable lack of responsiveness. There's no interest in having players interact with the physical environment. Fuck gravity or friction or any of these other inconveniences! 😄
...Hair animations is as much realism as they can take... :LOL:
sassy-hair-flip.gif

I’m still really struggling to get into the game post update. Something is just off with it. Defensive behaviour is weird, where the CPU can be danced around way too easily on legendary, attacking patterns are a lot faster. I’m just not having the same experience I was before. Very disappointing.

I’ve been holding off on reverting to v1.00 as I didn’t see the need, but I think it may be time..

Back
Top Bottom