FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Wtf are the defenders doing in this game? I’m playing arsenal v Liverpool and my defenders literally walk away from the attackers giving them a free shot in goal!!!!

Wtf are the defenders doing in this game? I’m playing arsenal v Liverpool and my defenders literally walk away from the attackers giving them a free shot in goal!!!!

It's a game designed for goals, and to keep kids hooked. When you start to analyse ai off the ball It's really criminal. Best trying your best to ignore it :LOL:

I don't understand you stating the PS5 is underwhelming when it has crackers like Mile Morales, Demon's Souls Remake, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank and more. It more than holds its own up against the Series X.

It's down to the games at the end of the day. Gamepass is good but for me it's a trojan horse for taking games down the subscription route and I'm not a fan. It's great value now as MS are ploughing money into it still, but later down the line with they want it to be profitable the price will get hiked up and you'll get more GaaS and Gacha games.
I played and finished MM and Demons Souls. MM is short and your typical launch game and Denons is just a remaster of a game we had on PS3.

R&C I haven’t played and have zero interest in and Returnal is your typical overrated PlayStation exclusive.

I feel that Sony have gone backwards whilst Xbox has evolved.

I always buy both consoles. 360 was a better experience than PS3. PS4 was by far the better experience than Xbox One. And now Series X is by far the better experience than PS5 (so far).

All in my opinion of course :)

I don't understand you stating the PS5 is underwhelming when it has crackers like Mile Morales, Demon's Souls Remake, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank and more. It more than holds its own up against the Series X.

It's down to the games at the end of the day. Gamepass is good but for me it's a trojan horse for taking games down the subscription route and I'm not a fan. It's great value now as MS are ploughing money into it still, but later down the line with they want it to be profitable the price will get hiked up and you'll get more GaaS and Gacha games.
Brought a PS5 for revamped PS4 games (such as Nioh 2, God of War) but also for both Fifa 22 and PES 2022. But not essentially : first it was for having a big boost from the games i didn't finished yet.
And also yes, Demon's Souls is one of the reason i took a PS5, not really Ratchet (didn't opened it yet) but well. Also because i like much more Sony's exclusive than Microsoft by miles. Forza, well i'm more an "arcade" or semi-arcade racing game player, and i ain't a fan of RPG or MMORPG like Elder Scrolls.
Serie X / S are excellent console, if you buy the pass. Otherwhise... In the future, When GOW Ragnarok will be out and other exclusives, i don't think XBOX have the type of games to rivalise with Sony's exclusive to me.

Well, my next buy after i'm done with all those PS4 games running super smooth will be Ghost of Tsushima : Director Cut's.
Godfall is also interesting from what i saw, aswell as Deathloop seems very underrated as a game.

To me, FIFA 22 doesn't worth the buy, i don't feel any "next gen" experience on it, and i place on my top, even if i hate to do "top", plenty of Fifa way better.
My biggest issue is it's unplayable online everything is accelerated like in fast-motion, too fast, agile etc.
I prefers in chronological ordel Fifa 10 WC, Fifa 11, 13, 14, 16, 17. Hated the 15 and the 20, Fifa 12 was a bit too buggy so i don't note it, i would place FIFA 22 it with the 18 and 19, i didn't tried 21 but if it's weaker than the 20 then it should be an awful game.

Well buy a PS5 if you got some PS4 games to finish or revamp as the difference with the PS4 in fluidity and effects (depends your game settings, like GOW or Nioh, or Dark Souls 3 full 60fps will all effects), and if you like game like Ratchet or want to discover Demon's Souls which is a fantastic game, or if you want a new platform to play (was a criteria of selection to me)...

But not at all ONLY for Fifa, it's my own opinion. Hard to test in a friend house like in the good old time :( that's how i decided to buy some console in fact, like the Xbox 360.

It's OK to criticize the game, but no need to cross the line assuming the people those who are enjoying the game to be kids.

Well personally I'd agree with him that the type of arcadey, twitch, instant gratification gameplay it has is tailored around the gobby teen/tween generation who spend shit loads on FUT and want to do 500 skill moves per game to troll their opponents and have zero interest in real elements of football, such as defenders marking and midfielders tracking back.

I don't think he's saying those of us who enjoy the game in spite of all this are kids, I'm certainly not one being as I'm in my 50th year ;)

It's OK to criticize the game, but no need to cross the line assuming the people those who are enjoying the game to be kids.

Maybe if you actually read what I said properly before calling me a troll...I said it's designed to keep kids hooked. Nowhere did I imply that everyone who played the game was one.

I've played Fifa for years, hence the reason I'm so fed up. One of the producers even admitted back in the summer that they design the game so defenders don't always track back. It's literally designed to be end to end.

I'm also annoyed because on day 1 this was the best Fifa I had played in years.

Maybe if you actually read what I said properly before calling me a troll...I said it's designed to keep kids hooked. Nowhere did I imply that everyone who played the game was one.

I've played Fifa for years, hence the reason I'm so fed up. One of the producers even admitted back in the summer that they design the game so defenders don't always track back. It's literally designed to be end to end.

I'm also annoyed because on day 1 this was the best Fifa I had played in years.

I didn't ever call you a troll (though I thought you were.) if you read what I said properly.
I meant "(best trying your best is to ignore it) just as the same way of a troll being ignored?"

Last edited:
"AI is not dumb, it's just so advanced that AI become HUMAN"
Joke Aside, CPU AI isn't really the issue i got with Fifa 22. More... Feeling overall (moving, running, dribbling, passing and shooting a bit less. In terms of direction variety it's OK thanks to Sliders) and also the way or "system" to defend. When you have to defend with L2 Cpu assistance and block the player with "contain", or manually to be more effective, it's a no.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know what happened to this game but for me it's not good anymore. Too bad, the base was good this year but of course the updates for FUT destroyed the game.

I meant 8. Sorry. Animations looked worse. Will try again tmw with different teams.
I have made 3 matchs, no problem on PS5.
The speed is perfect, animations too and I scored two beauty🤘. Score is ok, i didn't see some change

Bournmouth Vs United :

Juventus Vs United :

United Vs City

Two nice goals :

Shaw rocket

Bellingham volley

Last edited:
I have made 3 matchs, no problem on PS5.
The speed is perfect, animations too and I scored two beauty🤘. Score is ok, i didn't see some change

Bournmouth Vs United :

Juventus Vs United :

United Vs City

Two nice goals :

Shaw rocket

Bellingham volley

You're lying to yourself. But I'm glad at least one of us in enjoying the game!

Because he’s enjoying the game he’s lying to himself? Come on man. He doesn’t have to agree with your assessment or every single thing that’s said on this thread.
+1000
It's fashion to hate FIFA since decades. It's the first time you can really thinking that the game is good since FIFA 17. I said good not perfect. I know some people who likes the game like me. Are we dumb? I don't think so! When I want to do more matches, i know i like the game. I can't play if I didn't like a game. It's simple.

If you think it's not good, I respect that, because maybe you didn't find the right sliders. But i didn't think you're wrong. My Tastes are not your tastes.

+1000
It's fashion to hate FIFA since decades. It's the first time you can really thinking that the game is good since FIFA 17. I said good not perfect. I know some people who likes the game like me. Are we dumb? I don't think so! When I want to do more matches, i know i like the game. I can't play if I didn't like a game. It's simple.

If you think it's not good, I respect that, because maybe you didn't find the right sliders. But i didn't think you're wrong. My Tastes are not your tastes.
I also like the game, I think it’s the best Fifa for a few years. I thought 21 was the worst. I’ve been playing retro football games because I couldn’t enjoy modern, but when this came along I can’t help but like it. It’s not perfect, but it’s held my attention for way longer than most other football games in the last few years. Like you, when I find the right tweaks it takes the game to the next level but I understand that not everyone agrees.

Each to their own...at the very least!

Just dropping my opinion in case anyone is interested in the game and needs a take from someone who is still enjoying the game.

Still loving the game and I'm honestly baffled with these "hypermotion is gone" theories. It was either never there in the first place or we are playing different games. I don't see a huge difference since the game was released so I don't understand how is hypermotion mysteriously dissappearing... and I don't see any logic behind that either.

One thing is to fall out of love with the game and not being able to enjoy it anymore, and that's fine. Now suddenly making up things that are not facts is a total different level of speculation....

Because he’s enjoying the game he’s lying to himself? Come on man. He doesn’t have to agree with your assessment or every single thing that’s said on this thread.

About "perfect speed"... I would say it's a bit pushed to say that. It's by far too fast, sliders or not, about the player movements. Except if you're "so used" to Fifa 21 perhaps, i didn't play it but it wasn't that case in for example, until Fifa 17 or even 18 (19 i don't remember)

I played old FIFA games and more recent, as i'm a bit in a "re-try all old Footy games", those got really a good speed for a FIFA (which was already a bit faster than a PES in terms of agility for example, except the 08), not FIFA 22. It's the fastest and more "super agile" of all Fifa i've played no joke. Now, up to you to try yourself, but to me it's clear as crystal.

There's was at least a bit of slowing down while turning in some harder directions to move before. Now it's the same even with defenders with 40 in agility and balance.
The game is in fast forward, even on Slow. I'm obligated to play with around 65-75 OVR team to at least enjoy the game.

Back
Top Bottom