FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I'm still debating getting a ps5 for this.

As someone who is often ready to go back to vanilla versions of the game, what's your view at the moment, comparing current version to vanilla?

Was vanilla better in your eyes? Was hypermotion truly there? Is it noticeable how it's gone missing? Was there more weight with vanilla? Was there more variety?

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Do you plan on playing others games than FIFA? If the answer is no, then don't.

As someone who is often ready to go back to vanilla versions of the game, what's your view at the moment, comparing current version to vanilla?

Was vanilla better in your eyes? Was hypermotion truly there? Is it noticeable how it's gone missing? Was there more weight with vanilla? Was there more variety?

Sorry to confuse you, but I bought a ps5 just for it and I’m very happy I did. As I said yesterday, opinion is very much divided on this!

Well i bought a ps5 only for Fifa and guess what?
I didnt touch it in a month or so

Sorry to confuse you, but I bought a ps5 just for it and I’m very happy I did. As I said yesterday, opinion is very much divided on this!
I bought my PS5 for PES22 - what a distaster that was. However having played FIFA 22 theres no doubt i would have bought it for this. Besides its flaws on single player with sliders its quite easily the best footy game ive played.

Pros - with sliders (V8) for what its worth (PS5)
Completely engaging
Good individuality
Great ball physics
AI is varied
Shots/passes are varied
Easily enough fouls and seem in context to the game (not fouling for fouling sake)
Variety of goals
AI doesnt seem scripted/cheaty
loads of modes
Realistic results
Looks really good even in HDR

Doesn't sound like too impulsive purchase as you can resell it for at least +90% of the price now that we live in the world where GPU is more expensive than diamond.

Besides its flaws on single player with sliders its quite easily the best footy game ive played.
Not even in the top 3 for me. You must be playing a different game to me because even with sliders this is just FIFA 21.5 after the updates.

@FShas

Don’t buy a PS5 just for FIFA 22. It’s really not worth it. In fact, the game is dog shit now.

I wouldn't buy a console for just one game. Check other PS5 offerings but don't do it just for FIFA. To me the game has kept me engaged much more than previous editions. it's still fifa, frostbite,animations,etc. If you really want to try FIFA check if you have access to stadia where you live, game is on sale for $35USD, next gen, no need to buy console.

Not even in the top 3 for me. You must be playing a different game to me because even with sliders this is just FIFA 21.5 after the updates.

@FShas

Don’t buy a PS5 just for FIFA 22. It’s really not worth it. In fact, the game is dog shit now.

Thanks for the response.

You were very keen on the game when it first came out, before all the patches. Would you recommend that game? (I only play offline and am happy to keep console offline...)

I wouldn't buy a console for just one game. Check other PS5 offerings but don't do it just for FIFA. To me the game has kept me engaged much more than previous editions. it's still fifa, frostbite,animations,etc. If you really want to try FIFA check if you have access to stadia where you live, game is on sale for $35USD, next gen, no need to buy console.

Thing is, I've only ever, since the year 2000, bought a console for one game. That game has been pes. Although those console purchases have been with increasing reluctance since pes 2008. I've only probably ever completed another 6-8 games in my whole life.

Thanks for the reply, your lukewarm response seems to be in keeping with even those who are still enjoying it. It doesn't quite sound like it's worth a £500 purchase...

I've been playing this off and on on old gen (since I uninstalled new gen).
This is barely a top ten football game for me ,still think 16-17-18 is better.
And i reinstalled my Twitch account yesterday and found a bunch of saved Pes 17 videos ,and that game to me blows this out of the water.

Still not acceptable having a game with no fouls plus skating more than a hockey game.
Not good enough.

@FShas

Why would I be playing a different game. I just enjoy it

Thanks for the response.

You were very keen on the game when it first came out, before all the patches. Would you recommend that game? (I only play offline and am happy to keep console offline...)
Yes vanilla FIFA 22 was very good but also FULL of bugs. It needed patches to address a million issues in career mode alone.

My advice and this is my honest opinion: avoid this game right now and definitely don’t buy a PS5 just for this.

I

Hi mate

I have played both : current and nextgen version.
Currentgen is a good update of FIFA 21 but the real version is the nextgen.

Hypermotion is not a joke, it's changing the way you're playing the game. AI is far better on nextgen vs currentgen.

Vanilla version was good but the lack of faults, the slowdown bug, it's hard to recommande this vanilla version. It's my opinion.

With the last update, the game is more fluid, surely quicker and you have to adjust your sliders to custom the game to slowdown. If you managed to do that, i can recommandé this game. But buying a PS5 only for a game. I don't know mate. There is some others Ratchet, Kena, etc... I wanted this console to have a quiet console than the PS4 pro Dyson edition🤣 and quick loadings time.

I have find my sliders to continue to enjoy the game. If you don't you will hate this FIFA 22.

I've been playing this off and on on old gen (since I uninstalled new gen).
This is barely a top ten football game for me ,still think 16-17-18 is better.
And i reinstalled my Twitch account yesterday and found a bunch of saved Pes 17 videos ,and that game to me blows this out of the water.

Still not acceptable having a game with no fouls plus skating more than a hockey game.
Not good enough.
What? I really don't understand this at all.

Firstly, there's LOADS of fouls. I don't know how else to explain that.

As for the "more skating than a hockey game." Just no.

What? I really don't understand this at all.

Firstly, there's LOADS of fouls. I don't know how else to explain that.

As for the "more skating than a hockey game." Just no.
I agree on average i am getting 5 or 6 fouls per game and that is not including advantages. ive posted screens proving this. I think you do need to be careful with sliders though as that can affect the amount of fouls you get and it only goes down from vanilla never seem to be say push it up to 20 per game. Also its on professional level i get the most fouls but theres also enough on WC , Penalties are also there

And to add @FShas - if you are considering a next gen console, have you explored the Series X? I have both a PS5 and new Xbox and the Series X is far more impressive. Game Pass is a game changer plus you will also be able to try FIFA 22 for free on there.

I barely touch the PS5. Very underwhelming console so far and I loved the PS4.

Or even series S for 200quid less. Gamepass is there, you dont need a disc drive. And with cloud gaming small storage space is not an issue either.
Fifa22 is not there yet, but I presume it will be on gamepass by spring

I

Hi mate

I have played both : current and nextgen version.
Currentgen is a good update of FIFA 21 but the real version is the nextgen.

Hypermotion is not a joke, it's changing the way you're playing the game. AI is far better on nextgen vs currentgen.

Vanilla version was good but the lack of faults, the slowdown bug, it's hard to recommande this vanilla version. It's my opinion.

With the last update, the game is more fluid, surely quicker and you have to adjust your sliders to custom the game to slowdown. If you managed to do that, i can recommandé this game. But buying a PS5 only for a game. I don't know mate. There is some others Ratchet, Kena, etc... I wanted this console to have a quiet console than the PS4 pro Dyson edition🤣 and quick loadings time.

I have find my sliders to continue to enjoy the game. If you don't you will hate this FIFA 22.
I dont think all the erratic movements introduced in the last patch could be considered more fluid. I think youve got to be a hardened Fifa fan to go from the realistic Hypermotion movement back to old Fifas erraticness to call it fluid.

And to add @FShas - if you are considering a next gen console, have you explored the Series X? I have both a PS5 and new Xbox and the Series X is far more impressive. Game Pass is a game changer plus you will also be able to try FIFA 22 for free on there.

I'm beginning to wonder about this too. I really like the ps5 controller, all those haptics, but my brother has the xbox x and even for an occasional user like him, he too speaks highly of gamepass...there seem to be no games at all on the ps5, or very few. I've also noticed over the years that fifa always looks and plays better on any xbox compared to any playstation.

My affection for xbox has never really waned, since I bought the first one on a whim and played my very first FPS, Halo, and wondered what the hell I'd stepped into, will never forget the intensity of the first few corridors, then stepping out into that world with that grass. And then there was splinter cell... It led to me buying a ridiculously high specced PC just to play half life 2. They feel like golden days now.

Thanks so much to all for the advice and feedback. Hugely appreciated.

At the risk of becoming fascinated/obsessed with HyperMotion™, what do people mean when they tout it?

ADVANCED 11V11 MATCH CAPTURE
Xsens suits enable motion capture from 22 professional footballers playing at high-intensity for the first time. The resulting unprecedented volume of high-quality real-human movement data powers how both individuals and teams move across FIFA 22.

I can kinda see this when I have the ball. But then I could see it in PS3 FIFAs.

MACHINE LEARNING
A cutting-edge proprietary machine learning algorithm learns from over 8.7 million frames of advanced match capture, then writes new animations in real time to create organic football realism across a variety of interactions on the pitch.

Nice talking to you mate, have a good night.

FULL TEAM AUTHENTIC MOTION
Xsens suits record every touch, tackle, sprint and duel from all 22 players playing at high intensity for the first time ever, capturing data that powers over 4000 new animations in FIFA 22 to raise the footballing intensity, responsiveness, and physicality of every player in the game.

I'm sure I've read that before...

TACTICAL A.I.
Deeper player intelligence driven by the power of next-gen consoles gives each individual the ability to better understand both attacking and defensive formations and movement, creating a new level of tactical realism.

IN ATTACK
The ability to make up to 6x more decisions per second gives attackers more awareness of their surroundings, allows them to make smarter runs in build-up play, and lets them react to loose balls quicker.

IN DEFENCE
Rewritten defensive AI gives teams the ability to act as a tactical unit, retaining their shape to move across the pitch and cover vacant space.

1638445544564.png

ML - FLOW
Learning from more than 8.7 million frames from Advanced 11v11 Match Capture, the ML - Flow machine learning algorithm writes new animations in real-time, enabling players to better adjust their stride and running cadence on approach to the ball to control or strike it more smoothly.

Adjust their stride? They must've meant slide.

KINETIC AIR BATTLES
Enhanced two player interaction technology syncs player animations, creating greater realism and responsiveness as they fight to be first to the ball. See defenders and attackers push, pull, and jostle as they rise to meet crosses, clearances, and long passes, increasing quality in headed situations and creating cleaner outcomes.

Marketing's a wonderful thing.

COMPOSED BALL CONTROL
Longer two-touch animations make controlling the ball more natural and fluid than ever before. Take down aerial balls with more technique, get more agility when trapping ground balls, and enjoy more strength in shielding situations to give you new ways to drive forward in FIFA 22.

1638445781839.png

PLAYER HUMANIZATION
Powered by Advanced 11v11 Match Capture, new off-ball player animations and ambient behaviour help bring on-pitch characters to life. See opponents talk, point, and direct each other based on the action, while updated locomotion matches players’ urgency on the pitch to make FIFA more realistic and immersive than ever.

Equals pointing in random directions when you concede a throw-in.

-----

Again, I'm not that despondent about FIFA 22 per se. I just think HyperMotion (TEE EHM) is a pile of shite.

I'm beginning to wonder about this too. I really like the ps5 controller, all those haptics, but my brother has the xbox x and even for an occasional user like him, he too speaks highly of gamepass...there seem to be no games at all on the ps5, or very few. I've also noticed over the years that fifa always looks and plays better on any xbox compared to any playstation.

My affection for xbox has never really waned, since I bought the first one on a whim and played my very first FPS, Halo, and wondered what the hell I'd stepped into, will never forget the intensity of the first few corridors, then stepping out into that world with that grass. And then there was splinter cell... It led to me buying a ridiculously high specced PC just to play half life 2. They feel like golden days now.

Thanks so much to all for the advice and feedback. Hugely appreciated.
You’re welcome mate let us know what you decide :)

At the risk of becoming fascinated/obsessed with HyperMotion™, what do people mean when they tout it?

ADVANCED 11V11 MATCH CAPTURE
Xsens suits enable motion capture from 22 professional footballers playing at high-intensity for the first time. The resulting unprecedented volume of high-quality real-human movement data powers how both individuals and teams move across FIFA 22.

I can kinda see this when I have the ball. But then I could see it in PS3 FIFAs.

MACHINE LEARNING
A cutting-edge proprietary machine learning algorithm learns from over 8.7 million frames of advanced match capture, then writes new animations in real time to create organic football realism across a variety of interactions on the pitch.

Nice talking to you mate, have a good night.

FULL TEAM AUTHENTIC MOTION
Xsens suits record every touch, tackle, sprint and duel from all 22 players playing at high intensity for the first time ever, capturing data that powers over 4000 new animations in FIFA 22 to raise the footballing intensity, responsiveness, and physicality of every player in the game.

I'm sure I've read that before...

TACTICAL A.I.
Deeper player intelligence driven by the power of next-gen consoles gives each individual the ability to better understand both attacking and defensive formations and movement, creating a new level of tactical realism.

IN ATTACK
The ability to make up to 6x more decisions per second gives attackers more awareness of their surroundings, allows them to make smarter runs in build-up play, and lets them react to loose balls quicker.

IN DEFENCE
Rewritten defensive AI gives teams the ability to act as a tactical unit, retaining their shape to move across the pitch and cover vacant space.

View attachment 134569

ML - FLOW
Learning from more than 8.7 million frames from Advanced 11v11 Match Capture, the ML - Flow machine learning algorithm writes new animations in real-time, enabling players to better adjust their stride and running cadence on approach to the ball to control or strike it more smoothly.

Adjust their stride? They must've meant slide.

KINETIC AIR BATTLES
Enhanced two player interaction technology syncs player animations, creating greater realism and responsiveness as they fight to be first to the ball. See defenders and attackers push, pull, and jostle as they rise to meet crosses, clearances, and long passes, increasing quality in headed situations and creating cleaner outcomes.

Marketing's a wonderful thing.

COMPOSED BALL CONTROL
Longer two-touch animations make controlling the ball more natural and fluid than ever before. Take down aerial balls with more technique, get more agility when trapping ground balls, and enjoy more strength in shielding situations to give you new ways to drive forward in FIFA 22.

View attachment 134579

PLAYER HUMANIZATION
Powered by Advanced 11v11 Match Capture, new off-ball player animations and ambient behaviour help bring on-pitch characters to life. See opponents talk, point, and direct each other based on the action, while updated locomotion matches players’ urgency on the pitch to make FIFA more realistic and immersive than ever.

Equals pointing in random directions when you concede a throw-in.

-----

Again, I'm not that despondent about FIFA 22 per se. I just think HyperMotion (TEE EHM) is a pile of shite.
I agree. Hypermotion is just a buzz phrase/word to make people think EA have invested in an amazing new feature. It’s all marketing speak, EA have done it every year.

I still prefer FIFA 14, 15, 16 and 20 to FIFA 22.

Last Gen: For anyone playing career mode, do you find that Europa (and maybe also UCL) matches play differently, ie slower paced, more weight to the ball and movements? I find it really noticeable immediately playing a Europa league match after a league EPL match, recorded part of one recently:

I don't understand you stating the PS5 is underwhelming when it has crackers like Mile Morales, Demon's Souls Remake, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank and more. It more than holds its own up against the Series X.

It's down to the games at the end of the day. Gamepass is good but for me it's a trojan horse for taking games down the subscription route and I'm not a fan. It's great value now as MS are ploughing money into it still, but later down the line with they want it to be profitable the price will get hiked up and you'll get more GaaS and Gacha games.

Last edited:
I dont think all the erratic movements introduced in the last patch could be considered more fluid. I think youve got to be a hardened Fifa fan to go from the realistic Hypermotion movement back to old Fifas erraticness to call it fluid.
I'm not a fanboy, i hate that kind of gamers. I pay my games so i can't be blind.You see erratic mouvement only when the speed gets crazy. Night bug for exemple. With a normal speed it's like before, with more faults.

I have made a lot of videos so you can see by yourself. When FIFA sucks,. I said it's sucks. Some people only buy FIFA and i want to show the truth. I always try to make some videos to explain my point if view.

You didn't see hypermotion when the gamespeed is to high.
The problème with since FIFA is that the result on the pitch depends of a lots of elements :
+Settings : you play semi-Futo or FUMA, the game plays differents
+ Online/offline : gamespeed could change a lot.
+You play at night or morning/afternoon : different feelings
+ Sliders or defaults sliders : same conclusion
+Game on slow or normal : some bugs will appear

The better experience :
-morning/afternoon
-custom sliders
-speed on normal
-Settings on FUMA
-Level : WC or Legend

Last edited:
Last Gen: For anyone playing career mode, do you find that Europa (and maybe also UCL) matches play differently, ie slower paced, more weight to the ball and movements? I find it really noticeable immediately playing a Europa league match after a league EPL match, recorded part of one recently:
Yes same things on nextgen

For hypermotion, i understand it's when you see an action in the game, you can thinking is possible in real life : speed, motion, reaction of AI, position and reaction of the GK, teamate intelligence.
It looks lifelike, that hypermotion for me from the capture of 11 vs 11 teams matches. You want to see two teams and varied actions.

So when there is a lot of sliding, incredible speed, no foot planting, dumb CB, Bad marking, no center, no cross, for me Hypermotion is off.

Back
Top Bottom