FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Look at these pitches man, I know I’m like a broken record but who at EA thought this was a good idea for Career mode? It’s baffling:
What is even more pathetic is that,not only in Exhibition,but even in FUT if you play Squad Battles which is a mode where you play offline versus the cpu against other peoples teams..there is an option to change the pitch wear to what you like..But in Career for some reason there isn't..

I also hate these muddy ugly ass pitches..It's ridiculous seeing stadiums like Anfield or Etihad with this sunday league pitch..What the fuck were they thinking..?I only play online until now but i'm thinking at some point to start a Career but this is a serious reason that makes me think about it twice if i'll eventually start one..

Someone said that it's realistic..LOL..You'll never see in real life a pitch like that especially in the Premier League even in heavy winter..let alone in spring..
That other guy that said that if you change it in Exhibition then it changes also in Career..i also don't think that this works..This is a known issue for 2-3 years now..if it was that simple to solve it then i guess more people would know about this..Also like you said in exhibition the pitch wear is off by default so there no point going in there and change something..

Maybe some people here like Chris or Anth James who i remember they were saying that they post on EA forums about issues can bring this issue to EA's attention..If a number of people mention it to them maybe they will consider adding an option for pitch wear in Career also..There literally isn't any reason for them to not to do it..

What is even more pathetic is that,not only in Exhibition,but even in FUT if you play Squad Battles which is a mode where you play offline versus the cpu against other peoples teams..there is an option to change the pitch wear to what you like..But in Career for some reason there isn't..

I also hate these muddy ugly ass pitches..It's ridiculous seeing stadiums like Anfield or Etihad with this sunday league pitch..What the fuck were they thinking..?I only play online until now but i'm thinking at some point to start a Career but this is a serious reason that makes me think about it twice if i'll eventually start one..

Someone said that it's realistic..LOL..You'll never see in real life a pitch like that especially in the Premier League even in heavy winter..let alone in spring..
That other guy that said that if you change it in Exhibition then it changes also in Career..i also don't think that this works..This is a known issue for 2-3 years now..if it was that simple to solve it then i guess more people would know about this..Also like you said in exhibition the pitch wear is off by default so there no point going in there and change something..

Maybe some people here like Chris or Anth James who i remember they were saying that they post on EA forums about issues can bring this issue to EA's attention..If a number of people mention it to them maybe they will consider adding an option for pitch wear in Career also..There literally isn't any reason for them to not to do it..
Agree with every word mate.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. It's such a labor of finding the best set up.

Evo has a great community, so naturally great slider options.

@saturator

Speed : normal

Difficulty : WC or Lege

Half : 8 minut

FUMA : everything on off with tactical defending, analog sprint o

User /
Sprint speed: 18/2
Acceleration : 50/5
Shot error : 55/7
Pass error : 55/6
Shot speed : 45/4
Pass speed : 35/3
Injury Frequency : 80/7
Injury severity : 30/5
GK Ability : 65/6
Marking : 57/7
Run frequency : 27/5
Line Height : 60/5
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/5
Line Width : 51/4
FB Positioning : 49/5
Power bar : 50/
First touch control error : 55/65

@Anth James

Sprint Speed: 70/70
Acceleration: 48/49
Shot Error: 63/63
Pass Error: 58/58
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 40/36
Injury Frequency: 75/75
Injury Severity: 25/25
GK Ability: 42/42
Marking: 45/65
Run Frequency: 75/75
Line Height: 100/100
Line Length: 40/60
Line Width: 45/60
FB Positioning: 65/65
First Touch Error: 95/95
Power bar: 50 (for semi)
55-75 (for manual) User preference here

OS Community

View attachment 133738
Thanks Matt.

I repost my sliders because all numbers on the right are missing when you posted it😉

Controls : FUMA

Difficulty : WC or Legend

Half : 8 minutes

FUMA : everything on off with tactical defending, analog sprint off

User / AI
Sprint speed: 18/20
Acceleration : 50/50
Shot error : 55/70
Pass error : 55/60
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 35/35
Injury Frequency : 80/70
Injury severity : 30/53
GK Ability : 65/65
Marking : 57/70
Run frequency : 27/52
Line Height : 60/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/50
Line Width : 51/48
FB Positioning : 49/50
Power bar : 50/-

I just tried it and doesn’t work for me. Pitch wear is turned to ‘off’ by default in kick off mode anyway.

Can you please explain exactly what you do?
Try to change the pitch setting to high pitch wear - start a game - exit to main menu - change it again to no pitch wear - start game - exit to main menu - resume career.

Hope it works for you.

Try to change the pitch setting to high pitch wear - start a game - exit to main menu - change it again to no pitch wear - start game - exit to main menu - resume career.

Hope it works for you.
Tried this and still doesn’t work :(

The never ending game of chage the sliders 🤣

Matt why run frequency at 75 rather than say 74 or 76?
Some values are dialled in extensively as the impact after testing becomes easier to measure. Pass speed, goalkeepers, shot error etc. Some values, such as the one you’re referring to is more of a % change. Looking to increase the overall effect.

I really forget how obvious this game is when it wants you to concede, this is offline & online. Online is worse because you can just see the game throwing obstacles at you, hindering your team to play like Dog & Duck FC for certain periods....it really is crazy.

For example I was 1-0 up online and literally the game just wouldn't let me score any more goals, I hit the post and bar countless times and in the 18 yard box my players couldn't hit a barn door or their keeper was just saving everything. Low & behold after being extremely comfortable all game my defence and midfield parts like the red sea in the dying minutes for Jota to run through and equalise. You couldn't make it up.

Before it happens you can just feel it in the game like the scripting and momentum is so blatant, easily the worst it has been in the series over the years.

I really forget how obvious this game is when it wants you to concede, this is offline & online. Online is worse because you can just see the game throwing obstacles at you, hindering your team to play like Dog & Duck FC for certain periods....it really is crazy.

For example I was 1-0 up online and literally the game just wouldn't let me score any more goals, I hit the post and bar countless times and in the 18 yard box my players couldn't hit a barn door or their keeper was just saving everything. Low & behold after being extremely comfortable all game my defence and midfield parts like the red sea in the dying minutes for Jota to run through and equalise. You couldn't make it up.

Before it happens you can just feel it in the game like the scripting and momentum is so blatant, easily the worst it has been in the series over the years.
I've never had that feeling offline at all. I don't play online so can't comment on that. I know the feeling from past PES though on harder difficulties where you could see a goal a mile away a do nothing about it

I've never had that feeling offline at all. I don't play online so can't comment on that. I know the feeling from past PES though on harder difficulties where you could see a goal a mile away a do nothing about it
It’s probably because you play in world class from what I can remember you posting recently?

In the higher difficulties the CPU decides it is going to score and there’s nothing you can do. I’m fine with this though as I prefer a challenge to the game being super easy like it was in FIFA 17, 18 etc.

It happens quite a lot offline, you score and literally the Com will inevitably get one back fairly quickly via a fairly soft goal, and it generally seems to be from the same area (just outside the six yard box, near post).

It happens quite a lot offline, you score and literally the Com will inevitably get one back fairly quickly via a fairly soft goal, and it generally seems to be from the same area (just outside the six yard b
ox, near post).
Yeah I know what it is , I just havent seen it on FIFA 22 ...most of my games are low scoring a lot of the time the AI scoring first ... Ive never scored and the AI scored quickly after. I remember it happening in old last gen games. Maybe it's difficulty level, sliders and other factors

What I do find odd though Is last night it felt lightening quick I had to tone everything down speed wise , today though exactly the same sliders felt I was playing in mud so upped everything close to default ....so strange

How do you guys find the pass error slider works for you? I thought it cut off variety, but after testing some high error values I’m convinced it’s helping overall gameplay variety.

It’s not so much just CPU missing passes all the time, it’s more about varied flights and power of passes. Some passes bounce along the turf more, some are scuffed badly, others are over hit and then miss completely. You have to think about body positioning a little more and difficult passes become more difficult. On lower error I don’t find there’s enough of a difference in executing more difficult passes vs easier. You get the occasional ridiculously bad pass that’s easy, but that’s also realistic too I think.

I’m trying to just slow down the CPU’s direct approach a little and I feel like this has helped a lot. Still seeing them play long passes, crosses, switches, but there’s just more variety to the gameplay now as the variety in how the ball is moving is creating a lot more 50/50s and unpredictability. You won’t see much of a difference in pass % at all, but I can feel it in the gameplay.

I’ve updated my sliders in my thread if anyone wants to try.

Last edited:
Further to the high pass error benefits...here’s just a very small example. Man Utd is CPU, you can see when they’re under pressure there’s more likely to be mistakes. This is a very organic missed placed pass, and the first touch following the pass shows how the ball is a little more separated and not glued to the foot. It’s the subtle adjustments that’s resulting in so much more variance in game now. It’s more rugged and not so squeaky clean. I’m having my best matches with 22 at the moment with these settings and with the tactical adjustment.

What sliders do you use
Hi mate

i always use my own sliders since FIFA 20.
I was inspired by Matt10, who is a legend for the sliders, to start making my sliders. Thank you so much Matt10 for all your great stuff since so long!:APPLAUD::))
The last live update who increased a lot ball speed for the passes kill sometimes or very often Hypermotion.

FIFA is always bad when the game becames faster!
So I have started a World Cup at the end of my career with United.
And I apply changes on pass speed and sprint speed and damned it worked better that before!
I slow down the tempo and you can see what happened on the pitch.

I made twice all my WC games to see if it's random thing or if it's really works.
I shared its with someone who have a different game style, who played semi and he said there are better than my previous ones.

You will see more tackles like my first WC finale. Two reds cards for Argentina!

Marking is also better, and runners like Rashford, Mbappe are still very good but have a better marking on them.

So my last sliders after the second live patch on PS5/Xbox Series X :

Controls : FUMA or semi
Difficulty : WC or Legend
Half : 8 minutes
FUMA : everything on off with tactical defending, analog sprint off

User / AI
Sprint speed: 16/18
Acceleration : 50/50
Shot error : 55/70
Pass error : 55/60
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 80/70
Injury severity : 30/53
GK Ability : 65/65
Marking : 57/70
Run frequency : 27/52
Line Height : 60/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/50
Line Width : 51/48
FB Positioning : 49/50
Power bar : 50/-

Since the live tuning update, I'm seeing the keepers parry shots straight up in the air and then getting to their feet to catch. FFS.

How do we fix this?

That’s been there since day 1.
Matt's sliders fixed it for me but the new tuning update brought it back.

Also seeing occasions of players running past the ball when receiving a pass then cutting back to collect it. Was all fine before.

Really wish someone would take EA through the formal channels to stop this BS once and for all. The game you buy is not the game you play 2 months later. It's corrupt.

This game just needs a new engine and rebuild now. It’s not bad, this year’s was a decent version, but there are so many old bugs and various issues that clearly cannot or won’t be fixed. It’s like a dilapidated house that they redecorate every year and sometimes they make it look nice for a while but they can’t really hide the cracks or the fact the building is old and falling apart.

This game just needs a new engine and rebuild now. It’s not bad, this year’s was a decent version, but there are so many old bugs and various issues that clearly cannot or won’t be fixed. It’s like a dilapidated house that they redecorate every year and sometimes they make it look nice for a while but they can’t really hide the cracks or the fact the building is old and falling apart.
Well said. Even in a year of clearly targeting animations by hypermotion it still looks dated and somewhat last gen.

Back
Top Bottom