FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I am starting to like this using matts sliders. But my problem is, how do you defend in this game? My cpu teamates especially the CB's just sit there like cones letting the opponent walk into the box. Is there any tactics or anything I can do to get the cpu teamates to go for the ball?
for what its worth my advice is use legacy defending so you can use the 2nd man press. Tactical defending puts too much emphasis on the one on one defending. i also have switching to air balls only. I don't have nearly as many issues with defending as i did with tactical and semi/auto switching.
Tactical defending was probably why i was seeing such high score lines thinking about it.

That's my biggest disappointment with FIFA. EA have the licences etc but if you delve under the surface the attention to detail is poor. You also have players like Kovacic who have the same look from 4-5 years ago, yet in the game plan screen they have his up to date picture.

I just don't understand how they cannot update the player models/looks more often like PES has in the past. The game should be as authentic as possible. Even the hair animation they brought in is only for selected players, the rest have Lego hair 😆.

Yeah, I would like to join your laughing at stuff like hair in Fifa, unless PES had kindly updated the player model too often and ended up a disaster these days.

What have they done to this game AGAIN?? They can’t just fucking leave it alone can they? Last time I played it had a reasonable pace and some variety from the cpu. I just played Leeds now and it was the same patterns of play over and over in fact they scored two similar goals. All the passing is super accurate even with sliders.

fuck this industry and its shitty policies

for what its worth my advice is use legacy defending so you can use the 2nd man press. Tactical defending puts too much emphasis on the one on one defending. i also have switching to air balls only. I don't have nearly as many issues with defending as i did with tactical and semi/auto switching.
Tactical defending was probably why i was seeing such high score lines thinking about it.
some youtuber said to use right stick to switch and jockey, but im confused on your statement. Even with tactical second man press is there, what's the difference?

some youtuber said to use right stick to switch and jockey, but im confused on your statement. Even with tactical second man press is there, what's the difference?
Maybe it's another button on tactical but circle doesn't do anything on tactical. On legacy it buts a second icon over another player who presses allowing the controlled man to cut passing lanes more effectively ..just my preference

Maybe it's another button on tactical but circle doesn't do anything on tactical. On legacy it buts a second icon over another player who presses allowing the controlled man to cut passing lanes more effectively ..just my preference
ahh yeah, its r1 on tactical.. cheers mate

Is there a way to stop or skip the tuning update when it arrives? I assume you can only pause the bigger, "real" updates..like I did before. Haven't played the game in a month, but I enjoyed it, won the PL with West ham last time, always paused the 2nd update, but recently the new one was automatically installed(forgot about it, was on my phone) so I hope the game is still good hahaa but I don't like the tuning update they're planing..

Just played a few games with the new update. Holy mother of god the game is RAPID now. Its like i was playing in fast forward. Oh well i guess it had to go full Fifa at some point and piss off us PES fans that were enjoying it.

The last patch really done something to the game for the worse and this live update amplifies it. Such a shame as the game has been great since release but we knew it was always going to go the way of every other Fifa in the last 8 year at some point.

At least my own name makes sense to me again.

Hmmm I need to keep playing but I’m not finding this update as bad as I thought. I’m not playing on default sliders but I feel like there’s a little less running back with the defender (not perfect but seems to happen less often) and there’s a little more passing variety and separation from the ball. Time will tell..

Hmmm I need to keep playing but I’m not finding this update as bad as I thought. I’m not playing on default sliders but I feel like there’s a little less running back with the defender (not perfect but seems to happen less often) and there’s a little more passing variety and separation from the ball. Time will tell..
That's where I'm at too. I know the pass speed is up, but we have pass speed in the 30's, so the increase of the tuner doesn't hurt that bad. It actually livens the ball up more so the first touch control is much more of a factor. I love seeing the ball bounce away from players rather than absorbed into themselves. Not seeing any issues with the defensive line either. The pass variety, even on high error values, is really incredible.

I agree. I have played a match yesterday : the finale of the New competition, the Conference League. The speed of the passes was a bit increased, but nothing shoking.
The variety of the game is still there.
I win 3-2 with Olympique de Marseille versus Real Sociedad. A very good match.
Two greats goals :
A stunning header

A nice volley :

Yesterday, i have score this beauty :

I have to play the day to seen the difference with these new seetings!

Last edited:
I agree. I have played a match yesterday : the finale of the New competition, the Conference League. The speed of the passes was a bit increased, but nothing shoking.
Two greats goals :
A stunning header

A nice volley :

Not to take away from your goal, but that's a real bug with the keepers. They constantly do that.

Piping hot take after one game having not played it for a week: I didn't notice any difference apart from in the dribbling, which was possibly more responsive. Not a good thing, as it was too responsive as it was.

While I'm here, a gripe. Not a new one but one that seemed particularly pronounced this morning as I'm in a bad mood. I wish there were either Scottish announcers at the stadium or none at all. It breaks the (I don't like using this work but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em) immersion. I don't know who Abbadeen are. Maybe some local tribute act.

I'm never sure what some of you English lads have against the letter R. There's nothing wrong with it and it deserves to be enunciated like its 25 pals.

Two greats goals :
A stunning header

A nice volley :

Just had that header animation, legs spread, last night. Thought I’d captured some unique animation. :LOL:
Anyway… I was smiling when Schick scored that way.

FIFA 22 is probably the first footy game where I don't see the same patterns of AI attack. I think in the past every game I've played eventually you'll see a familiar AI approach but on this pretty much every game is different

Yes it works for me on PS5. I also like to play with a clean pitch and this method does it for me.
I just tried it and doesn’t work for me. Pitch wear is turned to ‘off’ by default in kick off mode anyway.

Can you please explain exactly what you do?

Sat down this week and really tried hard to dive into FIFA22 on the Series X and after some tweaks I’m starting to really enjoy it, to the point I deleted PES2021 from my hd. I suck ass at defending at the moment but I’m getting better. Playing FUMA except for semi-assist on passing until I get to grips with it more.

Can somebody kindly point me in the direction of the best sliders please?

I can only play this game on Broadcast camera now. It feels more ‘alive’ and exciting in that angle. I get bored otherwise.

Had some really interesting matches today. I just slow down sprint speed and pass speed, leave everything else on default. Very challenging on higher difficulties but fair, lots of 2-1 and 1-1 scorelines.

Sat down this week and really tried hard to dive into FIFA22 on the Series X and after some tweaks I’m starting to really enjoy it, to the point I deleted PES2021 from my hd. I suck ass at defending at the moment but I’m getting better. Playing FUMA except for semi-assist on passing until I get to grips with it more.

Can somebody kindly point me in the direction of the best sliders please?
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. It's such a labor of finding the best set up.

Evo has a great community, so naturally great slider options.

@saturator

Speed : normal

Difficulty : WC or Lege

Half : 8 minut

FUMA : everything on off with tactical defending, analog sprint o

User /
Sprint speed: 18/2
Acceleration : 50/5
Shot error : 55/7
Pass error : 55/6
Shot speed : 45/4
Pass speed : 35/3