FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Lots of people saying the same thing mate, it’s not just us :)

I like last gen version. It’s not perfect, far from it - but it has far less bugs and players don’t seem to do the really weird crap that happens on PS5.

Next gen looks terrible as well. Glowing heads, kits are far too bright, lighting is off, that trail/glow which follows the ball when you score or hit it just wide, pitches with mud all over them (who thought that was a good idea?! When do you see muddy pitches in the Premier League and Championship?!)

Maybe the Hypermotion messes with new gen? It’s weird for sure but I’m playing a lot more of PS4 version, it’s simply a better game.
Nest gen looks terrible ? Looks really good on my tv

Lots of people saying the same thing mate, it’s not just us :)

I like last gen version. It’s not perfect, far from it - but it has far less bugs and players don’t seem to do the really weird crap that happens on PS5.

Next gen looks terrible as well. Glowing heads, kits are far too bright, lighting is off, that trail/glow which follows the ball when you score or hit it just wide, pitches with mud all over them (who thought that was a good idea?! When do you see muddy pitches in the Premier League and Championship?!)

Maybe the Hypermotion messes with new gen? It’s weird for sure but I’m playing a lot more of PS4 version, it’s simply a better game.
Hi mate.
I have both and nextgen is far better : AI, Camera, animations, loadings time, etc..
I have made 5 games with the same camera : currentgen is better than FIFA 21 current gen because of GK and a better ball physics.
But when you play on nextgen, you couldn't play anymore currengen.

I have not issues with my sliders. When you play on normal, you have less problems. I have red cards, free kick, 0-0 matches, I love it. When you see AI slowing down the tempo, go back and made a long cross : i can only be happy.
On currengen, AI is very predictible, the game is less organic.

Ok on nextgen, there are some LOD problems, but damned it's the better FIFA since a long time.

Last edited:
Whats wrong with muddy pitches? It gives the game a more realistic feel.
I disagree. Premier League pitches are like snooker tables all year round. I really wish EA would give us the choice of pitch wear, it’s in Kick Off mode but not in Career. I respect that some people think the pitch wear is cool though :)

Nest gen looks terrible ? Looks really good on my tv
It looks ok, not terrible - I exaggerated.

But considering we are nearly into 2022 I really did assume that by now, next gen football games would look almost lifelike.

It’s definitely the best fifa in a long time despite my issues with it. I just wish they’d stop updating it and just leave it alone.

I feel like I spend most of the year trying to ‘fix’ it with sliders rather than playing it.

Hi mate.
I have both and nextgen is far better : AI, Camera, animations, loadings time, etc..
I have made 5 games with the same camera : currentgen is better than FIFA 21 current gen because of GK and a better ball physics.
But when you play on nextgen, you couldn't play anymore currengen.

I have not issues with my sliders. When you play on normal, you have less problems. I have red cards, free kick, 0-0 matches, I love it. When you see AI slowing down the tempo, go back and made a long cross : i can only be happy.
On currengen, AI is very predictible, the game is less organic.

Ok on nextgen, there are some LOD problems, but damned it's the better FIFA since a long time.
I’ve gone back to PS5 version and slowed it all down with sliders and enjoying it again.

Can you share your sliders mate?

(sorry for the 3 separate posts guys, on my phone and find it tricky multi quoting)

I’ve gone back to PS5 version and slowed it all down with sliders and enjoying it again.

(sorry for the 3 separate posts guys, on my phone and find it tricky multi quoting)
No problem mate.
These are my last sliders after the second patch on PS5/Xbox Series X
Controls : FUMA

Speed : normal

Difficulty : WC or Legend

Half : 8 minutes

FUMA : everything on off with tactical defending, analog sprint off

User / AI
Sprint speed: 18/20
Acceleration : 50/50
Shot error : 55/70
Pass error : 55/60
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 35/35
Injury Frequency : 80/70
Injury severity : 30/53
GK Ability : 65/65
Marking : 57/70
Run frequency : 27/52
Line Height : 60/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/50
Line Width : 51/48
FB Positioning : 49/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 55/65

I've seen great things on my last matches.

GK are damned good !

And you can score beauty :

I have finally found my sliders and love the game , haven't touched sliders now for days just enjoying it as much if not more than early release version. In last 4 games I've had two nil nil draws and a 1-1 . The others have been 2-0 losses so no wild score lines.

I have finally found my sliders and love the game , haven't touched sliders now for days just enjoying it as much if not more than early release version. In last 4 games I've had two nil nil draws and a 1-1 . The others have been 2-0 losses so no wild score lines.

What about the expected goals? Are they remotely close to the score lines? Or do the GKs are "artificially" keeping the score lines low?

I think my last nil nil city were expected to score 4 and they had about 13 shots..never really looked at that ..I certainly don't think the keepers are superhuman ...I'll post a vid later

As the set is posted here, I wanted to provide the link to the FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders video:

Sets can be found here:
9KEd0d.png

That's the dream. I haven't touched the game since my 6-5 Vs Preston and might even trade it in to be honest

No problem mate.
These are my last sliders after the second patch on PS5/Xbox Series X
Controls : FUMA

Speed : normal

Difficulty : WC or Legend

Half : 8 minutes

FUMA : everything on off with tactical defending, analog sprint off

User / AI
Sprint speed: 18/20
Acceleration : 50/50
Shot error : 55/70
Pass error : 55/60
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 35/35
Injury Frequency : 80/70
Injury severity : 30/53
GK Ability : 65/65
Marking : 57/70
Run frequency : 27/52
Line Height : 60/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/50
Line Width : 51/48
FB Positioning : 49/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 55/65

I've seen great things on my last matches.

GK are damned good !

And you can score beauty :

I love that overhead kick!

I’m enjoying it again. I slowed down pass and spring speed a lot but haven’t changed anything else.

My last 3 matches on my Arsenal save have been 1-1, 3-1 and 2-2 which are believable scorelines.

In fact, I only seem to get big scorelines in pre season tournaments.

It looks ok, not terrible - I exaggerated.

But considering we are nearly into 2022 I really did assume that by now, next gen football games would look almost lifelike.

It’s definitely the best fifa in a long time despite my issues with it. I just wish they’d stop updating it and just leave it alone.

I feel like I spend most of the year trying to ‘fix’ it with sliders rather than playing it.

This isnt meant to sound critical but why not avoid downloading an update, especially if you've got the game in a good place? Is it that the update is necessary for the modes you play? Or is taking ps5 offline not an option for you?

(I speak as someone who ruined my pes 20 experience by failing to follow my own advice of course...)

FIFA 22 | LIVE TUNING UPDATE #2​

The following Live Tuning gameplay changes will soon be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC (Origin/Steam), and Stadia versions of FIFA 22.
  • Increased the ball travel speed of Finesse Shots taken from inside, and slightly outside of the penalty box.
    • This change is most pronounced when taking Finesse Shots closer to the goal (11.5 meters/38 feet or less).
    • Shots taken from farther distance (11.6 meters/38.1 feet to 19.8 meters/65 feet) will also have some increase in ball travel speed, but to a lesser extent.
  • Slightly increased the ball travel speed of Ground Passes.
  • Increased the amount of time that the Team Press D-Pad Tactic is active for, from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.
    • The 20 seconds are only counted when the team that is using Team Press does not have possession of the ball.
  • Decreased the cooldown timer for the Team Press D-Pad Tactic from 120 seconds to 100 seconds.
Live Tuning enables us to roll out some changes without requiring a full Title Update. This can allow us to make tuning changes faster and with more frequency while working on the balance of the game.

What about the expected goals? Are they remotely close to the score lines? Or do the GKs are "artificially" keeping the score lines low?

The following Live Tuning gameplay changes will soon be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC (Origin/Steam), and Stadia versions of FIFA 22.
  • Increased the ball travel speed of Finesse Shots taken from inside, and slightly outside of the penalty box.
    • This change is most pronounced when taking Finesse Shots closer to the goal (11.5 meters/38 feet or less).
    • Shots taken from farther distance (11.6 meters/38.1 feet to 19.8 meters/65 feet) will also have some increase in ball travel speed, but to a lesser extent.
  • Increased the amount of time that the Team Press D-Pad Tactic is active for, from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.
    • The 20 seconds are only counted when the team that is using Team Press does not have possession of the ball.
  • Decreased the cooldown timer for the Team Press D-Pad Tactic from 120 seconds to 100 seconds.
Live Tuning enables us to roll out some changes without requiring a full Title Update. This can allow us to make tuning changes faster and with more frequency while working on the balance of the game.
If pass speed increases the whole game will go faster

worst update for offline players

Yeah I’ve already had to slow the pass speed down to 38/50.

Fucking EA. Might try Football Manager on the Series X as it’s on Game Pass, I’m not wasting my spare time ‘fixing’ a game just to make it playable offline.

Same shit year after year from EA.

I can deal with the speed increasing of passes, at least we can control that...however the most concerning part is the fact they reached the conclusion that pass speed needs increasing in the first place. I can't really see how the same developer can increase passing speed in one update and then expect them to fix the defensive line issue in the next. That's what's most annoying, it feels like we're moving further away from the desired effect.

I can deal with the speed increasing of passes, at least we can control that...however the most concerning part is the fact they reached the conclusion that pass speed needs increasing in the first place. I can't really see how the same developer can increase passing speed in one update and then expect them to fix the defensive line issue in the next. That's what's most annoying, it feels like we're moving further away from the desired effect.
I agree.

EA couldnt care less about the single player when all's said & done. As long as the FUT players are happy, EA are happy...

Look at these pitches man, I know I’m like a broken record but who at EA thought this was a good idea for Career mode? It’s baffling:

It's so crap. They don't care. We've been playing the same game for years. They're more arsed about updating material things than the fundamental things. Youth team numbers still not fixed I presume

It's so crap. They don't care. We've been playing the same game for years. They're more arsed about updating material things than the fundamental things. Youth team numbers still not fixed I presume
I don't know, I don't even check the youth players anymore. They had 'noodle arms' as well. So many immersion breaking details in FIFA 22. It's crazy because they've got so many licenses and the Premier League presentation etc. But when you dig around, it's all a bit crap really.

The training for example. It's so tedious and most of the drills are still broken. I've realised that these modern football games just bring me far more frustration than joy these days.

Someone asked for the stats if my setup in terms of expected goals v actual ..I managed to get a half time shot against united ... Quite a few fouls in this one at half time.

I don't know, I don't even check the youth players anymore. They had 'noodle arms' as well. So many immersion breaking details in FIFA 22. It's crazy because they've got so many licenses and the Premier League presentation etc. But when you dig around, it's all a bit crap really.

The training for example. It's so tedious and most of the drills are still broken. I've realised that these modern football games just bring me far more frustration than joy these days.
That's my biggest disappointment with FIFA. EA have the licences etc but if you delve under the surface the attention to detail is poor. You also have players like Kovacic who have the same look from 4-5 years ago, yet in the game plan screen they have his up to date picture.

I just don't understand how they cannot update the player models/looks more often like PES has in the past. The game should be as authentic as possible. Even the hair animation they brought in is only for selected players, the rest have Lego hair 😆.

I am starting to like this using matts sliders. But my problem is, how do you defend in this game? My cpu teamates especially the CB's just sit there like cones letting the opponent walk into the box. Is there any tactics or anything I can do to get the cpu teamates to go for the ball?

Back
Top Bottom