FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Is anyone enjoying the game still? The positivity has evaporated from this thread unfortunately. I really am still - I know it's not perfect, but I think it's the best football game we've had for a good few years at least.

I was enjoying it. Not sure if I'm imagining it but it seems to have gone further and further away from the feel at release.

I'm now back on pes21. I just find the fifa match engine far too formulaic after a while. The same patterns of play all the the time, the same things always work. I see the same goals all the time. Also, I can't stand the finishes from the AI. There's never any finesse, just bang! Like the power bar has been building up to their special finishing move.

I'll still definitely have spells on the game throughout the year, hopefully they'll sort out the pitch wear, the youth team numbers, you know...the fundamentals, things which have been broken for years. Oh wait, the priority is the limited edition sunglasses for a volta character!

It’s still incredibly skatey even with matts sliders. It was definitely better on release but I can’t find a sweet spot. It would help if ea would stop fucking about with their stealth shit updates

Is anyone enjoying the game still? The positivity has evaporated from this thread unfortunately. I really am still - I know it's not perfect, but I think it's the best football game we've had for a good few years at least.
It is FIFA22, BF2042 and Sim Racing that currently are using all my gaming time. And I’m well entertained with just these 3 genre.
Last weekend i was playing 5 real life fixtures from the Bundesliga, always preferring to play the weaker team. This has become kinda “my thing”… I check the teams formation online, set up the squad and match circumstances (time of day, season, weather) as real as it gets.
Sometimes I turn on the real match on my second screen while I’m playing the fixture on PlayStation. I like to do that with several leagues.

As one said before, the honeymoon period is going to be over… after some time. And yes, I agree. Still I’m enjoying this game a lot! (Updated!!) OS sliders to the rescue!

Still enjoying it greatly, moved a bit from online to offline and had fun with both of them. I hope they stop patching and just leave as is before they break something...
Its still a Frostbite FIFA, but for me the one I've played and enjoyed the most

Doing a hybrid of your sliders (thanks!) with some tweaks for my gameplay and short halves.

I'm now back on pes21. I just find the fifa match engine far too formulaic after a while. The same patterns of play all the the time, the same things always work. I see the same goals all the time.
Probably the wrong thread for me to say this, but don't you find PES 2021's 'long ball to the striker, turn and shoot' 1000x worse in terms of patterns?

Is anyone enjoying the game still? The positivity has evaporated from this thread unfortunately.
I hadn't played it for a few weeks, so I put it on earlier, alongside Matt's sliders.

I think it's an absolute disgrace what they've done to the game, to be honest. It's gone from "diamond in the rough" to "dog turd on a plate". I'm furious.

Without turning this into the usual essay, I'll just say - from kick-off, every second that a player was in possession of the ball, they were a hopping, skipping, glitching mess, bouncing around like a toddler on Coca-Cola... Where the fuck has Hypermotion(TM) gone?

Every loss of possession was a counter. I hit the post three times, they hit it twice. Passing is pinball. Marking consists of "run at player, run a circle around the player, back off to the defensive / midfield line, do it again".

The fourth goal in this 4-2 game was this header, which is virtually straight at my defender, yet he stands on the spot and brushes it with his toe so that it still goes in:

I'm really angry. With myself, more than anything, for believing in an EA game for five minutes. How dare they give us hope, and then turn it into a cartoon game again. I just can't believe it.

I don't really know where to go from here. Like you said yourself Anth, PES 2021's AI attacking patterns are the stuff of Commodore 64 games (smash from defender to striker 20 times per game), and my usual go-to game FIFA 16 doesn't have the "spark" for me at the moment. It feels a little lifeless to go back to. I think I might be joining @Flipper the Priest on his retro journey and going back to the glory days of Winning Eleven.

Again.

------------

Bonus clip, heard the commentator and thought he'd been replaced with a celebrity guest for a moment:

Last edited:
Well, honestly I'm on the same boat of people completely fallen out of love for the game. Not sure I can pinpoint it to a particular patch or moment, but between cpu turning from varied and contextual to duller and duller, and other stuff feeling more obvious like the first touch error almost inexistent despite technical ability of the player, the semi passing being practically an auto (ignoring, again, stats), not to talk about the costant tweaking for optimal settings only to find immersion breaking things at any corner anyway, it slowly started feeling I was just trying to desperately enjoy the new thing, and it become clear after the novelty effect completely went away. So yeah.. I just went back to past games that represent way better all the things they decided to cull here.

I have abandoned the thread and surely will measure my posts in future as there is people still greatly enjoying the game and I certainly wouldn't want to spoil it for them or to seed negativity just for the heck of it. In the end if you can find a balance that overcomes the bad things and enjoy it, more power to you.

Its still decent but its getting worse each and every patch. Tonight i seen so much erratic movement that Fifa is known for from the ai that simply wasnt there pre last patch.

For me its went from a 9.5 to a 7 and no doubt the next patch will knock that down to a 5 or 6

Without turning this into the usual essay, I'll just say - from kick-off, every second that a player was in possession of the ball, they were a hopping, skipping, glitching mess, bouncing around like a toddler on Coca-Cola... Where the fuck has Hypermotion(TM) gone?

Was thinking the exact same tonight actually... Where the hell has Hypermotion gone? 😭

It’s still incredibly skatey even with matts sliders. It was definitely better on release but I can’t find a sweet spot. It would help if ea would stop fucking about with their stealth shit updates
I am most definitely, I downloaded latest squads and back to Matt sliders and it's great 👍

Edit here's a full manual goal with the sliders , Bobby's first touch as a sub

Last edited:
I am most definitely, I downloaded latest squads and back to Matt sliders and it's great 👍

Edit here's a full manual goal with the sliders , Bobby's first touch as a sub

I enjoy all these little things that make the game more realistic.
Yesterday tried to play PES 2021 after two months of Fifa and can`t belive how Pes is actually lacking in technology implemented, game is on rails, much more predictable. Only better thing is graphics, other than that I can`t go back anymore.

There's been incremental damage to my enjoyment of the game. I was never enthralled by it, but I've been worn down by its inconsistency and manufactured excitement.

Also dimming my view:
  • I can't get this out of my head.
  • Having completed one season in Career Mode it's boring because they've changed so little in the last 10 years.
  • Reading about HyperMotion™ and realising it's nothing but a sexy name for doing stuff to make a football game, like calling getting up, having a shower, eating breakfast and getting dressed HyperWaking™.
  • Playing FIFA 18 on PS3 and noting an abysmal amount of progress since.
I still think it's a decent football game but pound for pound it's not worth my time. There's more fun and on-pitch realism to be found in older games.

I think I might be joining @Flipper the Priest on his retro journey and going back to the glory days of Winning Eleven.

I am pretty inspirational TBF.

I enjoy all these little things that make the game more realistic.
Yesterday tried to play PES 2021 after two months of Fifa and can`t belive how Pes is actually lacking in technology implemented, game is on rails, much more predictable. Only better thing is graphics, other than that I can`t go back anymore.
yeah ive said before about FIFA 22 , there is so much variety on all sides it doesnt get stale. PES 21 against the AI got more and more drab with the patches 8 time out of 10 it was always look for the striker in space center of goal., shoot goal ...none of that in FIFA 22 (yet) .

I still enjoying the game because I was managed to slow down the tempo.
When you can play slowly, it's the best FIFA for years. When the speed gets crazy, it's the worst FIFA to date because animations were completly broken and unreallistic.

This FIFA has two faces : the best and the worst. In one day, you can see both without explanations.

Yesterday evening, it was unplayable. I played it this WE in the afternoon, my games were fantastic. EA should make FIFA speed more stable. It's the really big problem to appreciate the game. People who can't play the day, couldn't enjoy the game. So many issues are there when i'm playing the night and aren't there the day. Very strange.

Last edited:
Some peole never learn the lesson :ZZZ:
First rule of fifa is - turn off automatic updates
or play stupid games, win stupid prizes

I am still on update 2 or 3 and i still enjoy the game

Me personally - I still like it but I feel like the movement of the players is really weird and unnatural. Dont know if it was since day one but other than that same issues for me mainly with the CPU AI.

I still feel like this game has a lot of potential with a great patch or maybe with the next iteration.

Probably the wrong thread for me to say this, but don't you find PES 2021's 'long ball to the striker, turn and shoot' 1000x worse in terms of patterns?
Deciding point to me is that you can defend this quite good when you concentrate on blocking passing lanes and apply second pressure. I don't blame the CPU for trying to be effective, as long it is within physical correct boundaries.

I wish i could prevent the CPU (and my players) from doing those hyperactive stone age movements in a similiar effective way in FIFA.

To mix it up a little… what I currently dislike the most is the passive AI when marking opponents. Be it my team or the other.
just you know I’m grounded, not wearing rose tinted glasses while sitting on a cloud! ;)

Havent played it for a while, which might have saved me some frustration, looking at the recent posts.
I stopped when it was still very enjoyable.
Recent posts made me think tho. EA had no reason to change AI behaviours whatsoever, yet people claim that AI patterns recently became simplified and similar.
So it made me wonder how much "i" actually is in the AI code.
Would increasing pass accuracy and reducing randomness and first touch error "made AI finding" simpler patterns of play and just using them?
I mean - why pass back to the defender if passing accuracy and ball speed combined will make it easy to just laser one to the front?
Maybe we dont need better AI? Maybe we need them to be more dumb? :LOL:

To mix it up a little… what I currently dislike the most is the passive AI when marking opponents. Be it my team or the other.
just you know I’m grounded, not wearing rose tinted glasses while sitting on a cloud! ;)
Don't silders address this quite good? On previous FIFAs i combined a lot between difficulty level and marking sliders and always came to a result that fit my needs.

Don't silders address this quite good? On previous FIFAs i combined a lot between difficulty level and marking sliders and always came to a result that fit my needs.
Even with sliders I feel a bit let down by the mates… how they track in DMF, how they are variable in picking up opponents or letting them run… how they are aware!
Similar to the CB‘s that should stop running back sometimes, wich also should be more agile when selecting a man to mark and going back in formation more organic.
hey, try seeing the positive: there is still plenty of good stuff to come! Potentially! :LOL:

edit: and again a communities game slips into my mind. lot of talented users just alone in this place here. Some would do tactics, some faces, some animations, some UI… aaaahhhh couple of times a year I just have to dream! :D

I'm still debating getting a ps5 for this.

As someone who is often ready to go back to vanilla versions of the game, what's your view at the moment, comparing current version to vanilla?

Was vanilla better in your eyes? Was hypermotion truly there? Is it noticeable how it's gone missing? Was there more weight with vanilla? Was there more variety?

Would appreciate your thoughts.

I'm still debating getting a ps5 for this.

As someone who is often ready to go back to vanilla versions of the game, what's your view at the moment, comparing current version to vanilla?

Was vanilla better in your eyes? Was hypermotion truly there? Is it noticeable how it's gone missing? Was there more weight with vanilla? Was there more variety?

Would appreciate your thoughts.
Hey pal,
i did a vanilla test last week. But I did not apply the slider set that was released around release time (one of the early versions it was… maybe v2). I need to do another test with the slider set applied, as I only played vanilla with sliders.
sure, one match with basic settings before applying sliders… but this is always too much FIFA for my liking. ;)

if I do another round, when patches keep butchering the game, I’ll let you know.

Back
Top Bottom