FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I love new animations. The game look slower, gravier, I like it.
But i don't understand what is clearly live update tool. Maybe on the next pitch.

Net physics are definately smoother and more organic, it feels nice when the onion bag explodes watching the in game goals. I liked some of the positioning, smoother transitions and it looked really nice…honestly, pleasantly surprisedView attachment 112908
  • [NG] Net Physics will have more visual elasticity, spring, and shake, which when combined with PlayStation 5 Haptic Feedback and audio cues, can make goals feel more impactful.
Finally... really happy with the attention to detail this time!

That's one of the things that is holding me back. How can they make this more of a sim if there are no fouls!
The least they could do is reintroduce referees with varying strictness and card frequency like older FIFAs. If anything, I'd gladly take a foul/card/penalty slider. I wouldn't care if it's not completely balanced and at times wacky, at least it would be an option.

1 foul! Fucking pathetic!
Yeah, thats shit. But we dont know who played it, on what difficulty, offline, online, sliders or not.
Besides - on Pes17 I had games with 1 foul, yet physicality was fantastic on it and battles were still there.
I dont know - im still reasonably optimistic about the whole thing.
Wont be buying it straight away, but will be watching closely from the bushes.

It wasn't bad trailer, looks good and promising, I can't test by myself cause I don't have a new console ps5 or xbox series, only PS4 slim and PC.
My last Fifa was Fifa 19 on PS4. Maybe in next few years they'll put the same version on PC ^^

I liked what I saw, although I did notice the lack of physicality and aggressiveness.
Sometimes it feels like it's a match between friends and not high-level competitiveness professional football.
And one could argue it's just a trailer meant to show the nice additions, but coming from 6 years in a row with no fouls..... one can only imagine this will be another year just like that.

Yes you're right. More fault, more contact, and it could be a good game.
I like ball physics, goalkeepers, animations, more stats, more options for seetings, new cutscenes and lightning.
It's a good start

Looks promising to me. Defending looks much improved. The only worry for me is the centre mids tracking hopefully this is sorted and the fact that the ai never dribbles past anyone its pass pass pass gets boring after a while.

What exsactly is stadia? Sorry, serious question, never heard about that.
Among other things, it's also the biggest joke in gaming. It's been "memed on" a lot haha. Google started with grand ambitions, and pretty much failed to deliver on all their promises. The hardware side is cheap as fuck, and the streaming quality is reportedly pretty poor. The other main thing people have raised concerns with is ownership: Google makes you pay full price for games but you can't transfer them to other platforms. So it's more a rental system with Google, which is a big problem when you consider that Google have a LONG history of abandoning projects even deep into development. So: be cautious.

Re FIFA 22 – the gameplay reveal trailer didn't show much gameplay really, did it? Mostly flashy bollocks still, I thought.

Look, I'm not a FIFA guy, no hiding that. But I'm tentatively looking over the other side of the fence given PES is probably dead. And what do I see? A whole load of marketing slopped on top of a very samey looking game to me.

All the talk about Hypermotion™️ just seems like such misdirection. I said it after the last reveal, but it's still pertinent: they've not got 22 people in suits to understand their motion as a team. They've done it to capture individual animations and place them in what looks like quite dysfunctional and arbitrary ways across the pitch.

Meanwhile, "Tactical AI" = pointless buzzword when you still can't get right DMFs failing to drop in to harass players between the lines. And show it in your footage.

The only bit that looks nice to me from a design/immersion perspective is the machine learning real-time implementation of animations so that players adjust position relative to the ball.

What am I missing?

Yeah, painfully short. But... As much as I don't want to get too excited...

I think I saw more CMs engaging opposition players there - I think I saw more of a midfield, full-stop - and I saw slower overall gameplay (when they let the actual in-game footage run) - and a goal or two that I don't think was possible before (e.g. Foden bringing the ball down really close, and hitting the shot, in almost one smooth motion).

It wasn't much but... Damn. I liked it.

Now to buy it, and for the day one patch to completely shit on it.
Yep I saw the same thing. Very promising. Although it's only for NG and I don't have any NG consoles :(

I'm seeing an excessive use of side-to-side air balls since the very first trailer to this one.
I know they want to highlight the new ball physics and all, but I'm starting to wonder whether we'll be 'forced' to play in a certain way.

And also, even after motion-capturing 22 players there are a lot of animations that look far from convincing or realistic. Specially simple passing ones or the animations they use for through-balls. They just look off. And have looked off since FIFA 17.

I’m very surprised they did not have automated female voice saying:-

“you are powerful”

it would have just added that final bit of polish?
I've had that fucking song stuck in my head for a week now. I've even started sending voice notes to my PES mates on WhatsApp with my impersonation of that line in it just to see if I can pass on the annoying song to others.

What strikes me is how players all seem already to be closer together, unlike normal fifa on default sliders where everyone is spaced out, moving on grid patterns.

The players seem to be moving in far more varied ways too.

It really does look a step forward to me.

If the CM's cover vaguely well, I'll buy this and I'll buy a ps5 for it.
Fouls are amazing in a game, they make fifa 16 such a great experience, but I can live without them. I can live with sliding, I can live with slightly wonky short pass animations. I can live with all those issues because what else is there?

But for some reason I just cannot live with cm's vacating the midfield. It takes away the feeling of earning a goal.

If this debug mode is real, and it lets us change aggression, cm etc, then I'll put up with the rest because fifa gets so much else right ie freedom, actual physics, player individuality...

Fingers crossed for us all.

It's not, see previous page. It was a bit of a mistranslation. It's just a means of EA altering the gameplay without a patch, not a debug mode for us to use.

Ah. Shame. In which case, let's hope the CM's do their jobs, with sliders at least...

Skimming through the Pitch Notes yet again and I noticed the following:

One of the biggest pieces of feedback we received in the last year was about how even when you felt you were in the right place at the right time, you wouldn’t always be able to intercept certain passes. We improved many aspects of normal interceptions in FIFA 22 and created new Disrupt Interceptions.

Disrupt Interceptions are a mix between controlling the ball and blocking. The goal here is to disrupt the course of the pass, even if that means not retaining the ball. These Disrupt Interceptions can only be performed by user controlled players, and with the left stick input directed toward the pass path instead of the ball or the receiver.

Player Personality also plays a big part here, with Attributes determining how far players can reach to intercept, how quick they can react, and how successfully they can touch the ball.

Disrupt Interceptions are designed to reward players that have the ability to read the game and position themselves accordingly.

That's a massive bummer.

It all looked and sounds great. But the ball still looks like a £2 garage fly away. It’s moves better but there’s something about fifa that likes physicality in terms of feeling as a player when they pass or shoot.
Just doesn’t feel right and it looked the same in that trailer.

Everything sound just up a football fans street though. So we will see after a month.
If they don’t update it and mess it up, I’ll get it at Christmas in the sales or just before.

I got fed up of buying it and Pro every year o it to sell them a few months later.

I play 21 sometimes on EA Access and Pro on game pass.

Back
Top Bottom