FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I'd totally buy a PS5 for a good football game. However the problem is that, as gabe said a page ago, one day it might be good and the other statues and mannequins again. This awful patch era damned us all lol.

They already pulled the same trick last year, so we kinda have an idea of how it panned out... Next-gen was supposed to have better and new animations. It was the same crap gameplay but with a better "feel" because of the animations. They're doing something similar this year. No matter how much better it looks or 'feels' they're not going to have AI defending or a midfield on one console only. It doesn't make sense, especially now that it's a shitty e-sport thing & most Fifa/Fut people will probably still be on old-gen anyway.

Last edited:
Last edited:
@saturator mate, those finishes looks great and I mean it- but the problem with latest Fifa to me has never been with shooting. Leaving aside the fact I generally play with semi and some slider error, I've always found the fundamental quite satisfying- waaay more than the other title in the 2014 onward era (concede me just this, don't mean to start a debate, I'm only writing it to give a measure of how much I generally like it).

True problem is all those flaws in the AI positioning, with the 1v1 thing and the midfielders not tracking. I'm sure it can be at least moderated with sliders- but to me it's simply not enough to justify picking up a new console. For me to do that I'd need them to program a game with this fundamental things solidly ingrained.

Looks stunning ,and do really like FIFA 21 until the CPU gets the ball/or I have to defend.
That's when the game falls apart.
Really nice videos though

@saturator mate, those finishes looks great and I mean it- but the problem with latest Fifa to me has never been with shooting. Leaving aside the fact I generally play with semi and some slider error, I've always found the fundamental quite satisfying- waaay more than the other title in the 2014 onward era (concede me just this, don't mean to start a debate, I'm only writing it to give a measure of how much I generally like it).

True problem is all those flaws in the AI positioning, with the 1v1 thing and the midfielders not tracking. I'm sure it can be at least moderated with sliders- but to me it's simply not enough to justify picking up a new console. For me to do that I'd need them to program a game with this fundamental things solidly ingrained.
Yes i understand what you mean.
You can score good goals but AI sometime is poor and 1 vs 1 situation could be a problem. Lazy midfielders too.FIFA 22 should change that I hope. I know this game could be awesome but there is always something bad.
But Career mode on Fifa 21 was Géry nice, I really hope that major of gameplay defaults will be fixed! Finger cross!

Don't know if it's been pointed out before but...

1627523435487.png

Did you notice the BEIN SPORTS ads in there?
Do you think we'll get a TV Broadcast package?

Very similar to what we've already seen. Bit of a dissapointment, even though I like what I'm seeing. Expected more gameplay for a gameplay trailer

That's it?!
Yeah, painfully short. But... As much as I don't want to get too excited...

I think I saw more CMs engaging opposition players there - I think I saw more of a midfield, full-stop - and I saw slower overall gameplay (when they let the actual in-game footage run) - and a goal or two that I don't think was possible before (e.g. Foden bringing the ball down really close, and hitting the shot, in almost one smooth motion).

It wasn't much but... Damn. I liked it.

Now to buy it, and for the day one patch to completely shit on it.

That was for people who were too lazy to watch the 20 minute developer interview wasn't it :LOL:

Both EA and Konami have a very different idea about what represents gameplay footage than we do!

Uff man, despite it all there are so many things I'd love to play with. Goalkeepers different styles, teams moving as a block, the new animations.. in the past I'd be hyped. Today I can't help but think the game I'd like to be there with this stuff probably just won't.

Back
Top Bottom