FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Fifa 17 wasn't much different from Fifa 16.

The real problem is that they try to tune the game to appeal to majority of the FUT players. I saw many people complaining about Fifa 16 back in the day.
I personally liked Fifa 18 for the responsive controls though but that's about it.

Being that said, I personally hate Frostbite engine. It totally killed modding on FiFA. It's completely ruined. I wish they stayed with Ignite and upgraded to some other custom engine afterwards instead of going Frostbite path. It's been 5 years now, so I don't think there is any hope left for modding either.
Yeah, I was surprised recently how much I’m enjoying 17. Don’t remember enjoying it that much but it was 4 years ago.

"This week, Konami announced that PES -- FIFA's one and only space rival -- is no longer PES, but eFootball, and free-to-play. Upon this announcement, many wondered when and if FIFA would follow suit and go free-to-play itself. Well, it's not going free-to-play with FIFA 22, but according to a new report, FIFA 23 will be free-to-play."

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/fifa-22-free-to-play/

Just a rumour but feels like it's all downhill from here....

I may fail, but I can confirm with you that there will be no Free to Play in FIFA (annual), FIFA Online 4 is already Free to Play, it's even expanding in Europe and Asia.

I may fail, but I can confirm with you that there will be no Free to Play in FIFA (annual), FIFA Online 4 is already Free to Play, it's even expanding in Europe and Asia.
Did it still get English Texts in menu? I gave up on it since the En glish font fix wasnt very effective and eventually stopped working,

Well, if that's a debug console tool meant to fix things that are broken, they must include commands to fix broken defensive AI. I won't mind if there's no in-game menu option.

That's absolutely brilliant, isn't it?

"You can fix our incompetence and pay us £90 for the pleasure"
Take it as a positive as we will be paying the money regardless if they did this or not - this if implemented correctly will be a great addition. Kind of the sim mode everyone wants to separate offline and online. I suppose it depends on what it can and cannot change.

I remember one FIFA back in the day maybe around 09 the fullbacks always stayed back and played everyone on side, it was kind of a game breaker, or how about lack of aggression and fouls. If we had full control over that kind of change then surely its a great addition

That's absolutely brilliant, isn't it?

"You can fix our incompetence and pay us £90 for the pleasure"
I get your point, but if it means we have access to all the physics variables etc. then...

Look, they make one game and try to please ten audiences (FUT, eSports, offline manager career guys, offline player career guys) - but the engine they have easily has the power to be the best-ever game for any of those audiences. But right now, only PC modders have access to all the variables (and even then, there's lots we don't know).

If all players now have the power to say, for example, "lower the required defending attributes for a defender to position themselves properly from 85+ to 70+" (which is all part of their "key attributes" gameplay change from last year, i.e. any average defender doesn't know how to defend despite being, ya know, a professional footballer)...

...then oh my God. :ROCK:

Even if it just means, for example, we could increase the fatigue rate in Career Mode - it means that we could lower acceleration (to make players human and not aliens) and not completely break the fatigue system so that you never, ever have to rotate your squad.

But it's such an odd thing to include, that I'm trying not to get excited. It's also such a new idea (not sliders, but a "debug mode") that who knows how this is going to be implemented.

It could also just be some kind of console that allows you to type commands that only EA can issue. Say a bug is discovered. You can't get a patch through sign-off at Sony and/or Microsoft for weeks. But maybe they issue a "code" in a tweet, for example - "go to debug mode and enter 123XYZ" - and that fixes the issue for offline players, whilst the online players have to wait for the patch.

But what I don't get, is... Sony/MS are very precious about patches and their sign-off processes. What if something you do in this debug mode makes the game crash all the time, which potentially bricks your console depending on the circumstance? That's the whole reason that the patch approval process takes so long, and the reason they don't let you "shortcut" it like this.

I'm guessing that's why they say they've "developed a tool" as opposed to just "we've put a debug mode in" - "tool" makes it sound like something that absolutely 100% can't wreck your game to the point of a crash.

But it's all so new, it's all guesswork.

I just really hope it's as powerful as it could be.

It can only be additional sliders as you point out Chris…surely? All that updating code etc seems a bit of hassle….?

But it's such an odd thing to include, that I'm trying not to get excited. It's also such a new idea (not sliders, but a "debug mode") that who knows how this is going to be implemented.
just to give more information to the users, let me add:

what is a debug mode?!
debug mode (countable and uncountable, plural debug modes)

1. (programming) The mode of a compiler or IDE that allows for debugging, with the availability of information such as variable names and line numbers from the source code.
  2. (video games) A (usually hidden) tool or set of tools in a video game used in its development and testing, the use of which typically enables players to cheat, modify the game's behaviour, or perform diagnostics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debug_menu

It can only be additional sliders as you point out Chris…surely? All that updating code etc seems a bit of hassle….?
If it was just additional sliders, they'd just say that, surely. This is something entirely separate, to be called a "debug" mode... It's all really unusual - so much so that I wonder if it has to be fake (but it's too weird to be fake). I hope we can get some kind of clarification.

If it was just additional sliders, they'd just say that, surely. This is something entirely separate, to be called a "debug" mode... It's all really unusual - so much so that I wonder if it has to be fake (but it's too weird to be fake). I hope we can get some kind of clarification.
Don't hype yourself too much mate. I think in this case, debug was a too strong world. More sliders for defense, GK, MF, ball size, faults, referees strickness, AI, will be a good start. More i really doubt.

But yes EA have a lot of differents players so satisfy all of them is impossible without sliders.

Apart from more tweaks being available to us (please god give me a way to increase physicality, AI aggression and fouls), I thought this is very cool as well
Yeah, credit where it's due, that is a welcome addition.
Say what you want about EA - they're listening.

(They must be, for such a small detail to be added.)

The problem is who they listen to when it comes to the gameplay.

Fingers crossed with all their talk of "realism", they keep working on 22 with that in mind, and give us the tools via this new "debug" mode that the producer mentions to truly customise the gameplay.

Shit, now I'm excited. AGAIN. EVERY DAMN YEAR.

Off to play World Cup 2010 now. Your fault, @Flipper the Priest.

Fingers crossed with all their talk of "realism", they keep working on 22 with that in mind, and give us the tools via this new "debug" mode that the producer mentions to truly customise the gameplay.

Oh did the producer confirm the debug mode?

Last edited:

I always sense with EA that there are still a few good eggs in the team. There has to be, given they were creating great football game not all that long ago. But yes, they will be marginalised, at odds with what the money men want.

Thank me later (in nudes).

I think I'll buy Fifa 22 on Stadia but it's not available for pre-order on Stadia Germany.
Only for the UK and US or am I blind? 🤔
I'm on PC and this old gen crap pisses me off.

I hope we're getting the Debug Menu with lots of settings to tweak.
More AI fouls would be nice.

Apart from more tweaks being available to us (please god give me a way to increase physicality, AI aggression and fouls), I thought this is very cool as well
The two big things for me will be:

- Branded kit templates
- Custom badge creation/import

Without those things then it'll seem a little half-arsed. They had both of those things in Creation Centre 10 years ago.

I also hope they either allow custom sponsors or you can pick a sponsor within Career Mode and it'll appear on your shirt (hopefully in the correct colour!)

Back
Top Bottom