FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

The biggest player in sports video games has plans to get even bigger — on mobile, in football, maybe even with basketball again — EA Sports general manager Daryl Holt said in an exclusive interview with Axios.
Why it matters: Sports gaming doesn’t get much press, but it’s a surging market with increased competition and lots of players up for grabs.
  • EA says it now reaches 230 million sports gamers, and it's trying to increase that to 500 million over the next five years.
  • The expansion will involve “new business models, new geographies,” and a sustained offering of sports gaming content to players around the clock, Holt said.
  • Part of the plan is to link players to each other. “We're creating very much a social aspect and social networks within our games,” he said.
What’s next: EA Sports’ long-running business model involves annual releases, but much of gaming is moving toward fewer releases that are expanded upon more often — hence the reason there’s always new “Fortnite” content but never a “Fortnite 2.”
  • Don’t expect the cessation of annual “Madden” games soon, but Holt said EA is mindful of this shift toward perpetual service-related games, just as it is aware that there’s an annual cyclicality to the sporting calendar.
  • “I think it is an evolution that is happening around the gaming industry in different ways,” Holt said. “How we unlock the big beat of sports into that type of a service, I think we'll see over the course of the future.”
Source: https://www.axios.com/ea-sports-gaming-expansion-67b16f6e-8c01-437b-93e4-28284d3f7994.html

The only thing I am interested in is the changes to the career mode

However I am fully aware that the only changes are, I can now wear a farmers hat with a cravat.

2_JMP_Bristol_Rovers_v_Exeter_City_PKn0014-1.jpg

C'mon, EA, give us some hope.
I basically gave up and thought there will never be any new football game that can bring me joy, but im not gonna lie - all the little news that are coming from EA tent sound promising. For some completely unknown reason they seems to.... care about us? Why does it feel like they care about us??
I feel like some wildling found in a forest and taken to a nice family.. they are giving me food and blankets and Im just growling at them from under the table.. :LOL:

If the first sentence of the gameplay notes isn't "Oh a lot of people are not enjoying the fact that Central Defensive Midfields are not Defending and playing like CM so we decided to fix it with our new Intelligent Machine Learning Fluid Track Back System Technology." then they already lost my interest

They've lost me if they say that, it's ridiculous to require a next-gen console just to have CMs who defend. 🤣

But there's absolutely nothing to worry about as previous footage didn't show them defending, just jogging up and down the pitch as the opponent switches play, kinda like a synchronized swimming choreography. Another thing only made possible by next gen no doubt.

C'mon, EA, give us some hope.
I basically gave up and thought there will never be any new football game that can bring me joy, but im not gonna lie - all the little news that are coming from EA tent sound promising. For some completely unknown reason they seems to.... care about us? Why does it feel like they care about us??
I feel like some wildling found in a forest and taken to a nice family.. they are giving me food and blankets and Im just growling at them from under the table.. :LOL:
They are good at this marketing and social media influence.

They did similar sweet talk about career mode last year and remember how that panned out.

i thought its only me in this thread now who don't own a new-gen console!
Same here. Bought a new PC last September which I thought I'd use as a workstation for photo/video editing when needed and it can also play every game I throw at it (Ryzen 5 3600 + RX 5700XT ain't that bad) but I'm still with Xbox One and PS3 (as I'm not gaming that much anymore anyway).

Toob ad that it won't be able to run either the next-gen version of FIFA nor the one of e... eFo... eFoot... Nah I can't make it. It's called PES, FFS.

Last edited:
I hope its bad, really FIFA like bad. I dont want to sit hear and read the comments by Chris how much he enjoys the game despite its flaws, especially given what we was offered in the past 5 years in terms of footy games. I dont want to be on the verge to buy a PS5 for a football game which can be destroyed by a single patch.

So yes let it be bad for everyone not just for me.:WASTED:🥰

Hype(r) train incoming!
"Sorry for the delay"
Two weeks past release date ,it's broken and barely making it to the next station.
New train next year.
(In short terms I'm very sceptical given 19-20-21).

Would love to be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom