FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

They've lost me if they say that, it's ridiculous to require a next-gen console just to have CMs who defend. 🤣

But there's absolutely nothing to worry about as previous footage didn't show them defending, just jogging up and down the pitch as the opponent switches play, kinda like a synchronized swimming choreography. Another thing only made possible by next gen no doubt.
yeah im worried about the midfield too, but we cant be for certain yet, could be a difficulty setting

Yeah when I read that in the pitch notes I couldn't help but laugh. It's totally unnecessary/made up gimmick #87623. A perfectly normal thing in football with a cooldown timer as if it's an RPG/FPS.

Guess what, football games have a stamina meter in the bottom corner for all players for how long now... more than 20 years. You sprint, it goes down, players can be tired early. But no, they need more "meters" for individual actions on the pitch. BS mechanics on top of BS mechanics. It's BS mechanics all the way down and no real football in sight.

He's got a point...

I was going to raise this point yesterday. My first thought when I read this when going over the Pitch Notes was "Well, the caveat to that is that there are quite a few attackers who excel at pressing from the front." The reason I didn't find it extremely alarming is because I primarily play offline. If I, or someone else were so inclined, we could manually raise Defensive Awareness for certain players. It would be a painstaking process. At the very least, I could see myself adjusting within the league I'm playing in (career mode) or for notable players.

Now, if you play online or FUT, you're shit out luck.

I also just realized this will be a lot more tedious seeing as the PC version won't be next-gen, so I'll be playing on my PS5. Great.

The pitch wear really annoys me on next gen version. It's like they were showing off for the sake of it. Top clubs very rarely have a pitch in a state like on some of those videos.
It's a little detail for me. I like potatoes pitch with bad rebonds. You can change that in the option before starting a game . Not a big deal.

It's a little detail for me. I like potatoes pitch with bad rebonds. You can change that in the option before starting a game . Not a big deal.

I thought you could only change the pitch colour? It is a big deal for me personally as it's just not realistic. But each to their own.

I think the improved goal nets can be seen here.
Lol as a defender it hurts me to see the two defenders in blue not close out the ball after the ball has switched sides. Even worse is the two defenders in blue mark the same player and then the one blue defender is marking no one and then the red attacker comes in the box to score. The defending AI looks terrible

I think the improved goal nets can be seen here.

The defending on that is absolutely shocking, and I watch L2 football.

It looks very clear again that FIFA is going to favour the attackers again.
I mean at the beginning did the 2 defenders want to defend or hold hands? I can't work it out.

Lol as a defender it hurts me to see the two defenders in blue not close out the ball after the ball has switched sides. Even worse is the two defenders in blue mark the same player and then the one blue defender is marking no one and then the red attacker comes in the box to score. The defending AI looks terrible
I don't know how people are being so positive about it with things like this being so evident in every single gameplay clip.

The same 1v1 nonsense plaguing the last few versions is just as clearly ruining this one and it'll be evident in all modes both offline and online.

The only mode free from it will be Pro Clubs in 11v11 and even there not many people play it as a full 11.

Edit - Even the ball physics which the video is titled for look odd, ball bouncing like it's on sand. The low cross being perfectly straight having no side spin despite the player sprinting across the line of it, the ball sliding across the pitch like an air hockey puck without bobbling. Animation also abruptly stops after they kick the ball, they start crab walking backwards then run forwards like 0.1s later anyway. Seems "HyperMotion" is only for motions directly interacting with the ball.

Last edited:
It looks like full manual controls has been deleted from online modes.

Instead of doing the reasonable thing and blocking assisted through balls from being an option, they have decided instead to force semi-assisted through passes.

This needs to change before release otherwise they just killed the full manual community.

00-controller-settings-1.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

Even if that sounds bad, I wouldn't really care because I do not play online.
And I always go back and forth between Full Manual and Semi-Assisted, so it doesn't make a world of difference for me personally.

And I always go back and forth between Full Manual and Semi-Assisted, so it doesn't make a world of difference for me personally.

Imagine searching for a manual match in Online Seasons and both players being locked to semi-assisted through passes

It's just absurd 🤦‍♀️

Will they be tracking back offline tho?
Couldnt care less if they had jetpacks and predator laser aiming guide online, as long as it doesnt happen offline.
Up until now - we didnt have any way to change their behaviour offline..

Will they be tracking back offline tho?
Couldnt care less if they had jetpacks and predator laser aiming guide online, as long as it doesnt happen offline.
Up until now - we didnt have any way to change their behaviour offline..
Nobody knows that , there's been no info on what level the games are , how the defensive shape helps or what this debug tool can do. Best thing to do is ignore the negative views and wait for demo / release

The beauty of football is close matchs with a last minute goal! I love this.
Before we have on the settings : arcade or sim mode. This option has disappear!

I love having some faults, contacts, free kick, that's football damned it!

I don't understand why offline players can't have a sim game??? Make sliders with faults and no more problem!

Exactly.

Just tweeted this, not that it will help. The clip above is so damning.

Although it pisses me off to hear that, to be fair at least they are honest about it, meaning offline (or even non-FUT) players can now lobby for the ability to have different behaviors. When they just pretend the problem doesn't exist or they aren't aware of it you are basically up shit creek without a paddle.

Back
Top Bottom