FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

IDGAF about online either. Just give us additional offline sliders to fix the tracking back issue.

It's literally why sliders exist. GK slider is nothing more than an attribute boost/tweak. Defensive Awareness could have been one, shouldn't take more than a day to add it, but I think they have forgotten that sliders exist.

Defensive Awareness could have been one, shouldn't take more than a day to add it,
Give them two days and apart from Defensive Awareness get me Defensive Aggression, so I can get more fouls.
And that will be me sorted.
I'll build a little EA Shrine in the garden and will be bringing gifts on regular basis.

Last edited:
I like how the team is moving as a unit but it’s right on 20/21 seconds that concerns me a lot in this clip. You can see the exact moment the CB targets the ball carrier, the midfielder stops his tracking. Broken record, but this is 1v1 - and the reason midfielders don’t track anymore.

Just fix it and give us ‘assisted defending’ EA! Let the FUT crowd feel like they’re playing the ‘real sim’ - we don’t care, just fix it!!!

Man... what is your problem?
As far as im aware - you are delighted with the way Fifa plays. So what is your point here, really?
Coz from where im standing - your point is just to troll people here, which is really starting to get old.
I'm not trolling, and I'm not delighted. I'm neutral. My point is that a lot of stuff written here is just objectively wrong, and yet you lot keep on repeating it.

I chuckled when I read the first paragraph of this post. Do you really think anyone outside of this forum is going to take tweets like this seriously? What conclusions are the EA gameplay producers supposed to draw from that tweet? This is not feedback, it's a rant instead. He implies that FIFA never produces any 0-0s, and states that beating the defense in PES is *super hard*. If I were a gameplay producer, I'd stop reading at that point. A gameplay producer always knows his own product better than anyone else, and there's no point in confronting them with exaggerations like these. It's about as effective as pissing in the wind.

I'm not trolling, and I'm not delighted. I'm neutral. My point is that a lot of stuff written here is just objectively wrong, and yet you lot keep on repeating it.

I chuckled when I read the first paragraph of this post. Do you really think anyone outside of this forum is going to take tweets like this seriously? What conclusions are the EA gameplay producers supposed to draw from that tweet? This is not feedback, it's a rant instead. He implies that FIFA never produces any 0-0s, and states that beating the defense in PES is *super hard*. If I were a gameplay producer, I'd stop reading at that point. A gameplay producer always knows his own product better than anyone else, and there's no point in confronting them with exaggerations like these. It's about as effective as pissing in the wind.
We have had complaints from users about how aggressively pro-FIFA you are - unable to see a user complaint without responding that it's their fault and they should learn how to play the game. Which you have literally done tonight. Do you really think that's the behaviour of a "neutral"?

In FIFA 21, I have never had a 0-0. I score easily, the other team score easily. You yourself said there is no midfield (and that "there's no midfield in modern football"). So how exactly do your games end 0-0? Have you put up a wall on the goal-line? :LOL:

As much as you may wish otherwise, I have to work for every opportunity on the likes of PES5 and FIFA 16. It is gruelling, with as little as 2-3 shots per team at the end of a game. That doesn't happen in FIFA 21.

In-fact it takes so little tactical thought to advance up the field, most games I play have 20+ overall shots. In a ten minute game. Which means nothing else is happening other than running and shooting.

You've linked to the wrong post there, by the way.

unable to see a user complaint without responding that it's their fault and they should learn how to play the game. Which you have literally done tonight. Do you really think that's the behaviour of a "neutral"?
If it were the classic "you're playing it wrong", then funnily in this case the only possibility would be that the "right" way to play is to be terrible enough at the game that the AI offers a challenge. To get 0-0s means you failed to score against this pitiful AI defending that toddlers could score a hatful against on the highest difficulties, let alone people with 10+ (maybe 20+) years of football game experience.

Usually when people band around this kind of "you're playing it wrong" argument, they say things to big up their own skill level or usage of various mechanics rather than the opposite.

I'm ignoring posts by the guy because of his trollish comments in the past but there's obviously a wrong and a right way to play any video game, which is what fifa is, a random video game rather than a football game. People who expect a football game think the game is completely broken and they are of course, right.

But if you don't care about that, (or if you're deluded that this is football!) then yes, there is a right way to defend and attack in this fortnite wannabe game (just look at the new gimmick, a cooldown timer for 2nd man press like it's a special ability in an FPS game, that's hilarious!). All I can say for myself is that I have zero interest in playing or learning this dumb game, at all. If fifa wants to be pong or whatever, then it's just one game in a sea of millions of other games. So I'll play something else.

I can probably learn to switch players 100 times / minute to micromanage a bunch of zombies, or after thousands of hours I may get a better grip of who to switch to and the exact millisecond to do so. It's just that this is the worst gameplay ever and a complete waste of time?

Last edited:
In FIFA 21, I have never had a 0-0. I score easily, the other team score easily. You yourself said there is no midfield (and that "there's no midfield in modern football"). So how exactly do your games end 0-0?
This is the thing. There's a lot of people who will happily put people on Evo into the "negativity box", without actually thinking it through.
These are not some imaginary complaints and issues.
These are simple facts.
If you enjoy Fifa in its current state - great. Good for you. No one will be annoyed that you are having fun. People will envy you.. I'd love to enjoy new Fifa and latest Pes, instead of playing Fifa16 (although Im very grateful to at least have that)

But if you are coming here and saying issues are not there, DM's are acting like in real football, scorelines are like in real football, physicality is like in real football - then you cant get upset when all you get is a backlash. Just say - yeah, issues are there but it doesnt bother me.

Facts are:
- there is almost no fouls in new Fifas
- 1v1 is taking almost all the fun out of the defending, since you need to control, position, mark and tackle with every single player. If you are not babysitting your whole defense - rest of your team is just a bunch of traffic cones. Nothing is fluid, nothing is like real football.
- and yes - I have never had 0-0 result on Fifa20/21 either, despite playing on manual and despite having pass and shot error whacked up to 75 for both myself and AI.

If you are having different experience - great, but you cant just dismiss whole community by saying everybody is playing it wrong. Its a football game. Average basic scenarios, behaviours and stats should be happening across the board, not just for you. Regardless of your settings and difficulty.

And lastly - when someone takes time and gets into direct discussion with you, providing a lot of examples and elaborates on them, and then you come in, quote their whole post and reply with one sentence - you cant be surprised that people see you as a troll.

People will never get annoyed at someone for enjoying the game. They will get annoyed at someone who is denying that issues are there and trying to convince others that they are the problem.

FIFA 21 is utter dross and I'd say 99% of people I know in real life who own it/have played it, think the same. We can't all be making this up.

Alright lads? I dont post on hre much. I popped in to ask which is better, FIFA 20 or FIFA21? I have a copy of 20 already, not played it yet as Ive always played pro evo, Im getting prepared to switch from PES to FIFA for obvious reasons, 21 is on the store for £12, not sure which one is regarded as the better of the 2? Cheers.

Alright lads? I dont post on hre much. I popped in to ask which is better, FIFA 20 or FIFA21? I have a copy of 20 already, not played it yet as Ive always played pro evo, Im getting prepared to switch from PES to FIFA for obvious reasons, 21 is on the store for £12, not sure which one is regarded as the better of the 2? Cheers.

Fifa 21 is the worst of the lot for me, personally. 20 gets my vote!

I think playing in Pro Clubs mode with like-minded players and on full manual settings solves about 60% of the problems people have with every FIFA game.

These two things remove a lot of the RNG and overpowered controls and lack of teammate AI.

I know it's not as feasible as playing 1v1 or vs AI but I do recommend people try and get a Pro Clubs group going. It can turn the game from a lost cause into a pretty good football game.

I think playing in Pro Clubs mode with like-minded players and on full manual settings solves about 60% of the problems people have with every FIFA game.

These two things remove a lot of the RNG and overpowered controls and lack of teammate AI.

I know it's not as feasible as playing 1v1 or vs AI but I do recommend people try and get a Pro Clubs group going. It can turn the game from a lost cause into a pretty good football game.
It doesn't solve the problem for those who want a Career Mode against the AI, though. Which, with the current gameplay, may as well not exist.

That being said, I have always wanted to get into Clubs. I just don't know enough people who are online often enough (and I'm not playing full manual, I'm useless)!

I hope they drastically improve the defending.
I'm playing on world class with Matt10 slider and on semi settings.
I find it extremly hard to defend and get the ball because the AI often cheats.
They'are playing long balls or tiki taka.

Edit : ManU and career mode.

Last edited:
I don’t know why people say they are getting less goals on FIFA.

On my save game with Exeter, before I quit because of how stupid the game was.
P18 GF77 GA21
In 18 games in career mode on Legendary I scored an average of 4.27 goals per game - With a save with Liverpool I scored 13 in two games.

FIFA 21 is broken unbelievably it is so easy to score you don't even need to think about it.

I have recently started trying other games FIFA 16 and FIFA 18 and FIFA 16 particularly there feels like there is actual reward to scoring.
OK it is still a case of spamming through balls down the wings and having to play 4-2-4, but there still so much more effort required to score a goal rather than pass to CM - pass to CAM - through ball to striker and goal... RINSE AND REPEAT.

Personally I find FIFA 16 possibly a little to rigid in the way the ball is passed and the movement of players, but it so much better than FIFA 21.
FIFA 18 is possibly my favourite of the lot, as it plays pretty similar to 16 but has slightly better mechanics, you just can't MOD the game.

I just don't know if it is just me as well, but I tried playing the game online recently and every person I played just played it to the Mbappe every time and just tried to do every thing with the one player - I changed my game tactically and beat these players easily, I just get the feeling that the majority of players online although might be good at spam pressing buttons, but they have no tactically abilities or even remotely understand how football games are played and won.
Hence because the average FIFA player doesn't know/understand the tactical side of football, EA decide to just nerf the game in that aspect as the general player doesn't know how to tactically set up a team or how depth and different style of plays work.

I am so glad that FM doesn't get messed up every year with lets make things dumper - They make it more complicated and release a separate game for people who just want a quick fix without all the training and mass tactical options - and SWOS for still giving me some football fix - Yes a 25 year old game has less goals and feels better to play than FIFA.

It clearly won't work for FIFA, but they need to release eFIFA for people who just want to play FUT - They would surely make enough money.
Then FIFA with tournaments and career mode, and the gameplay returned to FIFA 16/18 and worked on from there + an online option with FUT or simulation mode - where the host can remove all skill moves from the game - so it becomes an actual game of football.
Skill moves do not happen at a rate of 20 a minute, they happen about 7/8 times a week in the English game which is why on Soccer AM there skill part of the program only lasts about a minute.

I would really like a decent football game in FIFA 22, but I know it will be as disappointing as Jaffa Jonuts.
"We don't let DM's do their role correctly, cos if we did then there wouldn't be any goals" - HEAD OF FIFA GAME DESIGN and nobheads r us incorporated.

Last edited:
It doesn't solve the problem for those who want a Career Mode against the AI, though. Which, with the current gameplay, may as well not exist.

That being said, I have always wanted to get into Clubs. I just don't know enough people who are online often enough (and I'm not playing full manual, I'm useless)!

We can create an evo-web group full of 11v11 pro clubs and go against each other. With proper tactics and football.

I think this fifa will be a case of installing and turning off the wifi on the ps5. If it's anything like the ps4, that will mean constant vigilance ensuring fifa 22 doesnt download a patch whilst trying to download a system update etc...

I dont play online and I can even live without squad updates.

I'm also interested to see if the game is good enough to overlook lax CM covering and tracking. If it just feels sondamn next gen that I can overlook this.
Or if sliders can fix them this time.
Or if we can assign attributes or traits to CM's within the game to make them track more.

Essentially, I'm looking for any excuse to buy a ps5 this autumn.

I think this fifa will be a case of installing and turning off the wifi on the ps5. If it's anything like the ps4, that will mean constant vigilance ensuring fifa 22 doesnt download a patch whilst trying to download a system update etc...

I dont play online and I can even live without squad updates.

I'm also interested to see if the game is good enough to overlook lax CM covering and tracking. If it just feels sondamn next gen that I can overlook this.
Or if sliders can fix them this time.
Or if we can assign attributes or traits to CM's within the game to make them track more.

Essentially, I'm looking for any excuse to buy a ps5 this autumn.
The instruction bit is all that's needed or a control setting for tracking runs , low , medium, high or none, assisted etc. If must turn it off online as default

The instruction bit is all that's needed or a control setting for tracking runs , low , medium, high or none, assisted etc. If must turn it off online as default
Bang on.

The thing is, they've sort-of added this (see here).... In Competitor Mode. The anti-realism mode. The mode that turns FIFA from "football game" into "Just Dance", with players doing the samba and throwing in cartwheels from defence to attack. Tricks every second, from every player.

WHY WOULD THEY PUT IT THERE? And not make it a separate option?

We're so fucking close. Yet without being able to enable this separately from the rest of Competitor Mode, the game will likely be unplayable, for me and the majority of others here.

Last edited:
Bang on.

The thing is, they've sort-of added this (see here).... In Competitor Mode. The anti-realism mode. The mode that turns FIFA from "football game" into "Just Dance", with players doing the samba and throwing in cartwheels from defence to attack. Tricks every second, from every player.

WHY WOULD THEY PUT IT THERE? And not make it a separate option?

We're so fucking close. Yet without being able to enable this separately from the rest of Competitor Mode, the game will likely be unplayable, for me and the majority of others here.
I still haven't tried Competitor Mode - does it actually make the Career more challenging or just 'flashy'?

Well, sliders in FIFA can adjust enough things ... for me, only thing in FIFA which breaks realism is simply too fast turning animations for players. Its just looks unrealistic and its way you move and dribble. If they just make players a little more heavier it would be enough for me, sliders could make rest of needed tweaks.

Back
Top Bottom