FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Was reading that people think the PS5 news indicates that FIFA 21 (or at least 22) would not be using Frostbite. This stuff is beyond me, but god that'd be awesome.

Was reading that people think the PS5 news indicates that FIFA 21 (or at least 22) would not be using Frostbite. This stuff is beyond me, but god that'd be awesome.
There's absolutely no reason to believe that. EA already hinted at rolling out a new version of the Frostbite Engine for the next console generation.

Did the last patch make playing against the CPU even easier in Career Mode? I've not touched it much but I'm hearing from people that thought it was challenging like me who are now saying scoring against the CPU is now way easy again. (Playing Ultimate on Normal.) @Matt10 Did the last patch nerf the CPU in defense?
It was a mess last time I played it. I've given up on it until it's patched. I've practically walked the ball into the net without too much resistance on Legendary. Its a disgrace to be honest.

just to be fair: wasn't it the same with konami's implementation of the EL?
No it was not.
Apparently it was for a while:
Funnily enough, PES also didn't have a standalone UEFA Europa League mode in the first 4 games with the UEFA licenses.
Either way, to pick up new licenses and not give easy access to them because they're not the most high profile ones is really frustrating.

Not to mention what happens in Career Mode when a "rest of world" team wins either competition (i.e. it completely breaks your save).

Matt10 sliders made it playable for me.
They do make the game better. But there are still some instances where the cpu defense just gives up and you can dribble past their whole team. This is a huge game breaker for me. It takes away all the joy from scoring. I appreciate Matt's work, but I don't know if this can be fixed with sliders alone

Having now played a LOT of Fifa, I can safely say that L1 strafe-dribbling is THE most overpowered dribbling mechanic I've ever seen in a football game. In fact, it's so broken, that when in the right hands it breaks the game completely.

Give it a go - Use the co-op camera (or any with a wide view), play 4-4-2, defend deep except your strikers, SPAM THE HELL out of L1 (as in don't even go past the halfway line), wait till the opposition gets so pissed at you that they try pressuring you from everywhere, then 2/3 quick passes - goal. And repeat.

I should post up some of the hate messages I've been sent, but to be honest, I don't blame them. I've scored within 5mins then tried to see if I could hold onto the ball for the remaining 85mins without attacking. It would have worked if he didn't rage quit.

People have done it to me (well, not for 85mins anyway), and I won't lie, I've quit the game too. I'm just not good enough at defending to get the ball back.

This game has certain things that I really, really like, then others that are so utterly, utterly broken & ridiculous.

They do make the game better. But there are still some instances where the cpu defense just gives up and you can dribble past their whole team. This is a huge game breaker for me. It takes away all the joy from scoring. I appreciate Matt's work, but I don't know if this can be fixed with sliders alone

Unfortunately, I do not believe it can, without really making extreme changes. That's the bursting that reared its ugly head in 16 and 17. The only thing you can do is raise acceleration value significantly, but then it gets pretty ridiculous. Still working on it though :)

May I ask what's the obsession with setting runs frequency always to such low values?.
Runs are key in football. Not just in the top teams, but in any team of any league.
Do you think that 3rd division team manager doesn't tell his players to make runs in order to create spaces or to give his team-mates more passing options?.

Most of the Slider Sets I see set this to ridiculously low values. I just can't see why. Game becomes static. Explosive players become limited.

To recap; if a Rest of the World team wins the Europa League, all European competition is gubbed? What a shambles.

I started my CM knowing it was a write off but I can't picture myself going back if or when the bugs are removed. Not sure a fully-functioning CM would hold my attention either. Everything is the same off the field and I'm already pummelling teams on Legendary. Might delve into manual but I don't feel as if the game has earned any more of my time.

Thats the important thing.

I'm lucky i'm on PC again and I'm a modder so i can give the 'other game' the atmosphere that i miss from FIFA.

If i'm to give any FIFA game time it would probably be going to something like FIFA 14, or FIFA 11

May I ask what's the obsession with setting runs frequency always to such low values?.
Runs are key in football. Not just in the top teams, but in any team of any league.
Do you think that 3rd division team manager doesn't tell his players to make runs in order to create spaces or to give his team-mates more passing options?.

Most of the Slider Sets I see set this to ridiculously low values. I just can't see why. Game becomes static. Explosive players become limited.

The game needs to be more static. It's too fast as is. Runs off the ball cause players to move out of position. Runs off the ball cause these defenders, who are designed to be in little 1v1 match ups - with no Zonal look, to get very confused. Pair that up with poor CTT's, and it's just a mess.

I hope the next patch update brings the calmness that was there right after ootb - the Volta patch as I reference it. That was a really good playing game. Pretty much all sliders were default, including RF untouched.

Sliders, in general, have to be dynamic to the patch updates. It's unfortunate, but it's FIFA...can't be surprised by this current state of the game. Been doing it enough years to know that.

The game needs to be more static. It's too fast as is. Runs off the ball cause players to move out of position. Runs off the ball cause these defenders, who are designed to be in little 1v1 match ups - with no Zonal look, to get very confused. Pair that up with poor CTT's, and it's just a mess.

I hope the next patch update brings the calmness that was there right after ootb - the Volta patch as I reference it. That was a really good playing game. Pretty much all sliders were default, including RF untouched.

Sliders, in general, have to be dynamic to the patch updates. It's unfortunate, but it's FIFA...can't be surprised by this current state of the game. Been doing it enough years to know that.

Thank you Matt.
Although I've seen this Runs Frequency VS Sliders issue long before FIFA 20.
I think it started with FIFA 17. And this doesn't only apply to your sliders set, my man. Many other people from different communities lower this so much.

30 is the lowest I can tolerate without players who NEED to run into space, like Sané or Sterling, being so affected that they lose their most stand-out feature.

Thank you Matt.
I think it started with FIFA 17. And this doesn't only apply to your sliders set, my man. Many other people from different communities lower this so much.

30 is the lowest I can tolerate without players who NEED to run into space, like Sané or Sterling, being so affected that they lose their most stand-out feature.

You know how I think. If it were up to me, we'd never have to use sliders. I played the prepatch beta without touching a thing. It was a glorious game.

Once the next update comes out, we'll start back at 50, and determine if the same issues as this current (terrible) patch update seep in. I'm not very optimistic!

I'm done with it for now. No build up, just run through lines and shoot from distance. It's truly horrible. I'll come back for patches but without major changes for offline players (and I don't mean fixing Career Mode) it's a horrible gameplay experience. Offline.

Having now played a LOT of Fifa, I can safely say that L1 strafe-dribbling is THE most overpowered dribbling mechanic I've ever seen in a football game. In fact, it's so broken, that when in the right hands it breaks the game completely.

Give it a go - Use the co-op camera (or any with a wide view), play 4-4-2, defend deep except your strikers, SPAM THE HELL out of L1 (as in don't even go past the halfway line), wait till the opposition gets so pissed at you that they try pressuring you from everywhere, then 2/3 quick passes - goal. And repeat.

I should post up some of the hate messages I've been sent, but to be honest, I don't blame them. I've scored within 5mins then tried to see if I could hold onto the ball for the remaining 85mins without attacking. It would have worked if he didn't rage quit.

People have done it to me (well, not for 85mins anyway), and I won't lie, I've quit the game too. I'm just not good enough at defending to get the ball back.

This game has certain things that I really, really like, then others that are so utterly, utterly broken & ridiculous.

Can't really say that I agree. What division is this in? (I assume you're referring to Rivals?)

Thank you Matt.

I'm with you. Last year decreasing the run frequencies was super important because of how much attackers constantly wanted to get forward, but that's not nearly as much the case this year (and I couldn't go lower than 30 last year without it becoming too easy to defend). Especially now with how players - attackers and defenders - are either on or off, I think it can play way too static too. Plus it just makes defending too easy. Too each's own but not a fan of messing with that slider this year.

Haha.
Into 3rd year of Career Mode. Qualified for the Champions League in second year.
Apparently EA has abolished the Champions League come the third year of your Career.
Nothing in the calendar. No games scheduled. No trace of the competition whatsoever.
Still have a Champions League objective to reach the Knock Out phase though! Thankfully its a "Very Low Priority" for the Nurnberg board.
Not as fucking low a priority as EA it would seem!
What a wonderful game this is. A total cluster shambles work of art!

Back
Top Bottom