FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

AWOOGA! AWOOGA! New title update announced. Rolling out now on PC, should reach consoles soon...

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/506145/fifa-20-title-update-4

The list of things they've improved (or just fixed) for the Legendary AI just shows you how bad it was, and how much attention they've given to it up to this point. Absolutely shocking.

As for Career Mode... 13 fixes. Volta has more (16 fixes). FIFER's Career Mode mod... 93 fixes.

If you're not playing on PC and using a Career Mode mod (which can add things like more manager offers during the season - how they do that I don't know but God bless these guys)... you may as well not bother.

Last edited:
last two weeks with no decent football game..... time to buy fifa 20 again.... title update list looks very promising

title update

-Sometimes opposing AI controlled teams were fielding weaker lineups in inappropriate situations.

• Improved the CPU AI Controlled Player’s ability to mark a player that is Strafe Dribbling.
  • Improved the CPU AI Controlled Player’s ability to apply defensive pressure to the opponent's ball carrier.

• Improved the CPU AI Controlled Player’s ability to mark a player that is Strafe Dribbling.
    Improved the CPU AI Controlled Player’s ability to apply defensive pressure to the opponent's ball carrier.

I wouldn't get too carried away. The CPU AI Controlled Player = The one and only active/selected player. It's still a 1v1 game and not a team sport. But yes, it is most likely a positive change and it could make it more challenging to beat the cpu defence, assuming the cpu player switches effectively...

Last edited:
Just to make the point...

Made this in another Twitter thread and was told it "must be my time of the month". I mean...

You have no idea how much it bothers me that everybody keeps thinking, quoting and @ing this FIFER guy like he is the saviour of FIFA on PC when most of his content was either copied or stolen. It really, really, irritates me.

You have no idea how much it bothers me that everybody keeps thinking, quoting and @ing this FIFER guy like he is the saviour of FIFA on PC when most of his content was either copied or stolen. It really, really, irritates me.
I know that Paul guy is the person who leads the way with all of this, but A) he's not as active on Twitter so it's difficult to use his content to show EA what they're (not) doing, and B) FIFER is doing a few things I don't think Paul is doing. The in-game transfer editor for example. Right?

I know that Paul guy is the person who leads the way with all of this, but A) he's not as active on Twitter so it's difficult to use his content to show EA what they're (not) doing, and B) FIFER is doing a few things I don't think Paul is doing. The in-game transfer editor for example. Right?

Not just Paul.
Fidel (also known as Doctor+) too.

What FIFER is doing differently, is that he is really great at marketing. He knows how to promote his stuff and be literally EVERYWHERE. He's just a kid though. Think he's 13 or 14 or something. So I hope he'll learn how modding works and how you're not supposed to behave in these communities.

I don't blame those who try and like his mods, I just don't like that the people he took stuff from are't getting the credit they deserve.

I would have banned him off Soccergaming a year ago, but these things are hard to prove. It's not something that you can compare side by side and say "IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME CODE" because obviously he was smart enough to change values and remove any sign that indicated it was Paul's original content, but tweaked by FIFER. So unfortunately, I had to look the other way despite my better judgement.

Had a quick game at lunch using the new patch..

Lost 3-1 Man City v Barcelona.

Something has changed and certainly plays better (although only played on Normal and not my normal Slow), but the CPU still does incredible leg breaking passes and animations are so weird.
Had 3 shots on target in the whole match and they were all top corner thunderbolts from outside the area.
Tricks are still massively in the game and the CPU will try dragbacks and step overs at every opportunity.
Still not massively to my liking but a massive improvement, they managed to start polishing the turd, a few more patches and it might become playable.

AWOOGA! AWOOGA! New title update announced. Rolling out now on PC, should reach consoles soon...

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/506145/fifa-20-title-update-4

The list of things they've improved (or just fixed) for the Legendary AI just shows you how bad it was, and how much attention they've given to it up to this point. Absolutely shocking.

As for Career Mode... 13 fixes. Volta has more (16 fixes). FIFER's Career Mode mod... 93 fixes.

If you're not playing on PC and using a Career Mode mod (which can add things like more manager offers during the season - how they do that I don't know but God bless these guys)... you may as well not bother.
Few fixes are baffling to say at least..
Like one of the 'bugs'
- after a strong challenge player would react to the challenge and could not participate in a game until reaction finished..

How.. what..?

So if you get battered, now your player will just jump back up without any reaction..?
Where is this game going? Who makes the decisions there?

Few fixes are baffling to say at least..
Like one of the 'bugs'
- after a strong challenge player would react to the challenge and could not participate in a game until reaction finished..

How.. what..?

So if you get battered, now your player will just jump back up without any reaction..?
Where is this game going? Who makes the decisions there?
I think they are talking about the animation where the player keeps sitting on the ground while complaining to the referee. I don't see the need for that in a game.

Downloaded the patch, did a quick kick off to test the AI, and these are my findings after about 30 seconds.

tenor.gif

The CPU controlled player does seem to apply more pressure than previously. This has, albeit with very limited testing (could be an outlier), resulted in more fouls from the CPU. I've been awarded three fouls within the first 25 minutes of this match (7 minute halves) and one resulted in a yellow. Like others have pointed out, the team AI is still very lackadaisical. Going to boot up a new career after this to test Ultimate.

Last edited:
Downloaded the patch, did a quick kick off to test the AI, and these are my findings after about 30 seconds.

tenor.gif

The CPU controlled player does seem to apply more pressure than previously. This has, albeit with very limited testing (could be an outlier), resulted in more fouls from the CPU. I've been awarded three fouls within the first 25 minutes of this match (7 minute halves) and one resulted in a yellow. Like others have pointed out, the team AI is still very lackadaisical. Going to boot up a new career after this to test Ultimate.

From what I've seen:

- Slow speed is still broken. This sucks because normal speed can be too fast and frantic when playing against world class teams (but it's ok in a lower league).
- Normal speed can still have the same defensive issues but they seem to start manifesting later in a match, and it varies greatly depending on opponent tactics.
- What EA has done here is they increased the baseline pressure/marking applied by default. When playing against a drop back team it's not noticeably different, when playing against a team that uses constant pressure, the pressure is insane. NOTHING ELSE has changed. However this increased pressure does result in many more cpu fouls when playing against a team that applies some pressure. It's basically the same game but more fouls is perhaps the best side effect.
- The midfield is still easily bypassed.
- The "improvements" to the attacking AI make the best teams in the game feel like they have no human traits at times.

Is it better? Errr... I suppose it is *harder* if you play against top teams on normal speed.

Last edited:
Played a few more games tonight and basically my report is exactly what @manmachine wrote.

Slow gameplay is completely broken - they have actually made it worse as the keepers now do something that is so incredibly weird, when your one on one and enter the box they run back to their goal line and stand behind the line, it is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen.

But normal gameplay has been improved.

The patch is definitely moving the game in the right direction, but much bigger improvements are needed and they really need to fix slow gameplay - If they can't fix it remove it and just have normal speed and be done with it.

1P/AI
Speed 44/44
Accel 46/46
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 62/62
Shot Speed 52/52
Pass Speed 46/46
Injury Freq 70/70
Injury Sev. 30/30
GK Ability 52/52
Marking 94/94
Run Freq 24/24
Height 62/62
Length 27/27
Width 51/51
Fullbacks 54/54
First Touch 63/63
Power Bar Speed 65

Last edited:
This was my big fear. AI players already play like aliens.

At least it doesn't seem to transform smaller teams into peak barca, if it's any consolation. But world class teams? Sometimes they pass so fast you have no chance to keep up with player switching (which is still a must of course). The AI is certainly weird though. Man City just launch 80 yard long balls to their wingers all game long. :THINK:

It's just so all over the place depending on teams, tactics and phase of the moon. You might lose one game 4-1 and win the next 6-1.

But by far my biggest gripe is how the cpu can get the ball and just run/pass forward all the time, and you can do the same when you win back possesion in a way that reminds me of fifa from 20 years ago or something. Or a better comparison I suppose: Fut.

Last edited:
Not just Paul.
Fidel (also known as Doctor+) too.

What FIFER is doing differently, is that he is really great at marketing. He knows how to promote his stuff and be literally EVERYWHERE. He's just a kid though. Think he's 13 or 14 or something. So I hope he'll learn how modding works and how you're not supposed to behave in these communities.

I don't blame those who try and like his mods, I just don't like that the people he took stuff from are't getting the credit they deserve.

I would have banned him off Soccergaming a year ago, but these things are hard to prove. It's not something that you can compare side by side and say "IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME CODE" because obviously he was smart enough to change values and remove any sign that indicated it was Paul's original content, but tweaked by FIFER. So unfortunately, I had to look the other way despite my better judgement.
Its fairly shitty thing to do if true and I get why you are annoyed.
But I suppose the point is - community is doing way better job than a bilion dollar company.
I know it was always the case in both games, but I always saw community modding as a way of improving the game visually. Adding stadiums that werent in the game, fixing turf, that sort of stuff.
Here we have core game mode issues (not even gameplay issues), obvious bugs, and the crowd that supposed to fix this, coz its their fecking job. And yet again its community that has to finish the game for them.
This is beyond embarrassing from EA with all their money and resources.

Its fairly shitty thing to do if true and I get why you are annoyed.
But I suppose the point is - community is doing way better job than a bilion dollar company.
I know it was always the case in both games, but I always saw community modding as a way of improving the game visually. Adding stadiums that werent in the game, fixing turf, that sort of stuff.
Here we have core game mode issues (not even gameplay issues), obvious bugs, and the crowd that supposed to fix this, coz its their fecking job. And yet again its community that has to finish the game for them.
This is beyond embarrassing from EA with all their money and resources.

The point is, if you spent an hour, a day, a week or a month to create your mod and you feel proud of it, you'll want the credit and appreciation from the rest. Or money. Or whatever. But for someone else to just come and tweak a few things and then act like he's single handedly saving the game without ever even mentioning the original modders just makes everything worthless and drives real modders away.

Modding Communities are about improving games. But there's an unwritten code of ethics too. You don't do and take someone else's mod, change it a little, upload it and call it your own.
What you do if you're just starting, is you take someone else's mode as the base to study it. Once you've done something to it that you think made it even better, you ask the guy for his permission via PM or e-mail or social media. If he gives his blessing, then you proceed to upload it.

Otherwise it's just frustrating for the guy that spent hours and hours trying to discover and figuring how everything works and how to improve the game you're now taking the merit from, for something you didn't invent, create or even discover yourself.

The point is, if you spent an hour, a day, a week or a month to create your mod and you feel proud of it, you'll want the credit and appreciation from the rest. Or money. Or whatever. But for someone else to just come and tweak a few things and then act like he's single handedly saving the game without ever even mentioning the original modders just makes everything worthless and drives real modders away.

Modding Communities are about improving games. But there's an unwritten code of ethics too. You don't do and take someone else's mod, change it a little, upload it and call it your own.
What you do if you're just starting, is you take someone else's mode as the base to study it. Once you've done something to it that you think made it even better, you ask the guy for his permission via PM or e-mail or social media. If he gives his blessing, then you proceed to upload it.

Otherwise it's just frustrating for the guy that spent hours and hours trying to discover and figuring how everything works and how to improve the game you're now taking the merit for something you didn't invent, create or even discover yourself.
I agree with you. 100%.
But this is something that should be sorted between fiffer, or whatever his name is and original content creators.

From EA point of view (and any average joe) this is Community Vs Developers, people who are not paid to fix it Vs people who are paid to fix it.
And for me - highlighting community fixes (wherever these fixes came from) is not aimed at praising particular modder, but rather to show how shockingly embarrassing the state of the game is right now and how little effort they put into their 'fixes'.
Coz this is not A MOD. This is not Turf made by Chuny, that I can retweet and go - here, lads, look at this and give this man a job.
These are absolute core issues that they claimed are fixed. And now they are releasing this mickey mouse patch with 13 fixes. At this rate Career Mode will be playable on Playstation 7.

I think that guy literally copied my matchsim settings too. It's a shame cause he is monetizing it with ads and stuff on his site. I don't have time to make career mods for FIFA 19 or FIFA 20 so I don't mind people copying stuff from mine. But I won't support monotization of something that is available without ads or downloads. I don't mind if they don't credit me.

It seems teams are now winning most major leagues around europe with 100 points or more...
Fixed or overdone? :THINK:
EA sports - It's in the game If it's in the game it's overdone.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
It seems teams are now winning most major leagues around europe with 100 points or more...
Fixed or overdone? :THINK:
EA sports - It's in the game If it's in the game it's overdone.

View attachment 22352

So they solved 'too many random results' by taking out any random element :APPLAUD:. All joking aside, I guess you'd need to run the exact same season a few times, complete automated in order to see if it always ends this way.

Back
Top Bottom