FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Considering the defending skill required is manic player switching I've always thought that part of the problem is how the CPU team actually switches the active player, especially since everyone else is much more passive. I think it's worse than optimal to say the least. Now I didn't have time to test this more and I'm not 100% sure it's a problem, but it could be something worth looking into.

By switching on the namebar (or whatever it's called) in the visual settings menu we can see in realtime how the CPU "plays" the game. In this example I'm playing a through ball to my striker (Iglesias) and the Active CPU player is Navas, which is correct although I think the game was a bit late to switch to him.
Untitled.png

A few frames later the CPU switches to Lillo who will start moving towards me but he clearly has no chance to do anything about it:
Untitled2.png

A few frames later the CPU switches back to Navas but now he's simply in a useless jockeying stance and can't do anything about it as I'm already powering up my shot:
Untitled3.png

This was on Legendary. If the cpu can't player switch effectively when this is a huge requirement, then the game is kinda broken with players switching "on/off" from active to passive, all over the pitch.

Last edited:
Did the last patch make playing against the CPU even easier in Career Mode? I've not touched it much but I'm hearing from people that thought it was challenging like me who are now saying scoring against the CPU is now way easy again. (Playing Ultimate on Normal.) @Matt10 Did the last patch nerf the CPU in defense?

It’s the same old fifa for me offline. Couldn’t stand 19 after the initial update, nor 18.
The way players make space is terrible. Running right at you or directly at goal when they should be moving into space in a 45 degree angle. Was bored and could play on Legendary while chatting to my kids and winning.

Online co-op was fairly enjoyable. It’s so close to being really enjoyable for me but at some points you still have to fight the game just so you can play football. Once I got used to the insane responsiveness and opponents just constantly spinning and changing the way they were facing, defending became easy and the game slowed down. Some beautiful moments though that you wish if they had more of, it’s could be a great game. Feel like it will always be if they could just.

* actually I’ve just played coop online again and it was the best experience I’ve had online in a long time. I also realized my TV was set to screen fit, out it on 16:8 and it was a lot slower. Tackling finally works and time well I won it instead of it pinging off the attacker for then to run through. Really enjoyed that. Could play slow angles football and didn’t feel end to end .

Last edited:
Hi the community.
I've started to test some sliders on Career Mode
The first were very bad because AI didn't react very well but the second ones, very good
You can see on this video (in french sorry)

User / IA

speed :40/40
Acceleration: 50/49
Error in Shots: 50/53
Error in the passes: 50/58
Speed of Shots: 49/49
Speeds of the passes: 35/35
Injury frequency: 60/60
Injury severity: 55/55
Level Goalkeepers: 50/50
Positioning marking: 57/57
Positioning racing frequencies: 45/55
Positioning prof of the def line: 60/60
Positioning of the Def line: 48/48
Positioning width of def line: 51/51
Raised position of arrears: 50/50
User power bar: 50
Poor control: 51/51

The best combinaison is Legend and Normal speed.
i've tried Slow and Legend, but I prefer Normal, because there are variations on gameplay speed.
Usually, AI attacks a lot on the first 15 minutes. you didn't feel that on slow this year. You didn't feel the accelerations of Aguero or Thauvin or Mané/Sala
You slow down passes and shoots %, for no more ping pong passes
Long shoots are really rare this year, I love that! If you make it, it's mean you have done good things before to have a chance to hit a bullet!
i will test on Ultimate tonight and i will post my videos and comments if someone is interesting

OM -Troyes- Slow - Champion - Sliders V1

OM -Losc - Slow - Champion - Sliders V1

OM -OL - Slow - Champion - Sliders V1
https://youtu.be/6fLXc0UMx7M
https://youtu.be/iG90Ze7JPUc

TFC - OM - Normal - Legend - Sliders V2
https://youtu.be/xs73Bj_gyBI
https://youtu.be/N6AnzJQfe04

OM -Stade Brestois - Normal - Legend - Sliders V2
https://youtu.be/6aQmEOKVLZM
https://youtu.be/gjojiuVlXHg

Angers -OM - Normal - Legend - Sliders V2
https://youtu.be/RIytXDtFMVQ
https://youtu.be/ZY-UA1vOZjU

Arsenal - Liverpool - Normal - Legend - Sliders V2
https://youtu.be/BTY5AZvFCw0
https://youtu.be/H-rErrgoFiI

Real Madrid - Barcelone -Normal - Legend - Sliders V2
https://youtu.be/JDmSsc5EQz4
https://youtu.be/7WVI3NqBQYU

Borussia Dortmund - Bayern Munich - Normal - Legend - Sliders V2
https://youtu.be/MOJ-0qVBWlc
https://youtu.be/dpKAEt54m4c

Did the last patch make playing against the CPU even easier in Career Mode? I've not touched it much but I'm hearing from people that thought it was challenging like me who are now saying scoring against the CPU is now way easy again. (Playing Ultimate on Normal.) @Matt10 Did the last patch nerf the CPU in defense?

Yes, that's the biggest issue I'm seeing in that the CPU defensive line primarily is just allowing you to turn and face goal so easily. Or, just sprinting once the midfield is breached, it's pretty much straight ahead. This has primarily been on World Class and Legendary. I may have to test more at Ultimate. Eitherway, it's a sad state right now. Desperately hoping the next patch update comes soon.

Yes, that's the biggest issue I'm seeing in that the CPU defensive line primarily is just allowing you to turn and face goal so easily. Or, just sprinting once the midfield is breached, it's pretty much straight ahead. This has primarily been on World Class and Legendary. I may have to test more at Ultimate. Eitherway, it's a sad state right now. Desperately hoping the next patch update comes soon.

Fuck. And with every FUTer and their mother complaining about OP defending again because of drop back, who knows what they'll give us next.

Fuck. And with every FUTer and their mother complaining about OP defending again because of drop back, who knows what they'll give us next.

Next year someone should say to EA: "Look, football is a team sport, there's offence and defence. There should be a balance between the two. Everything should be viable, from long shots to dribbling and everything should be defensible. Then there are tactics. And all tactics should also come with pros and cons and should be balanced. Now make a game and forget about specific complaints, because you're overdoing certain things with your knee jerk reactions to random feedback and that balance is lost again, and the game is shit".

Last edited:
Just posted on OS the currently suggested set. Wanted to thank @manmachine for the insight on the CPU switching as well.

Timestamp: 10/6/2019 | 4:36 PM --- Have been trying to find the best balance of good shape but more importantly an emphasis to beat the CPU without charity. Their constant give up by the defensive line and fullbacks has been a struggle. So, I reviewed our entire thread here, and older FIFA sets we as the community have been working on. This set is definitely more "extreme" in some cases, however it is needed for this current patch update. Please let me know your thoughts.

FYI: credits will be posted shortly.

Here are the current posted FIFA 20 Sliders (as of 10/6/19 ) :

World Class/Legendary/Ultimate, 10 -15 minutes, Slow speed
Controls: Manual/Semi/Assisted, Handball On (including PKs)

Sprint - 45/45
►Just to help solidify the foot planting a bit. Can notice on fouls how the feet stay grounded relative to the tackle.

Accel - 50/51
►Slight bump discrepancy for the CPU which will help with those 1v1 challenges.

Shot Error - 54/54
►Good variety of shots paired up with the lower shot speed. Elite players will stand out, but also be realistic with pressure to perform.

Pass Error - 60/60
►If not raising this value, the CPU just becomes very automatic with their passing. It's a bit mindless at times, and especially at the top of the user's box. Play with a low league team and you will see a significant difference compared to using an elite team.

Shot Speed - 49/49
►Lowered this slightly to help the speed up animations in shots. Makes for some really cool ball flight paired up with the GK ability.

Pass Speed - 42/42
►Lowered this value reluctantly but makes for a really nice flow to the game. Not so low that the players have to constantly run towards the ball either, but enough that it calms things down just a bit.

Injury Freq - 75/75
►Tested this on my own but with some good guidance by jrn. Felt that we saw a lot of good injuries on contacts that were and weren't fouls. Some blatant ones as well which was nice to see the player get up and argue with the referee.

Injury Sev - 20/20
►Solid mix of the types of injuries. From players getting their hand stepped on to your usual shoulder injuries. Mix of walk offs and subs.

GK Ability - 48/48
►Just helping a tad bit delayed reaction and not covering so much of the goal. Emphasis to mix the keeper's decisions.

Marking - 70/70
►This was the biggest difference because I was so reluctant to change it, let alone raise it. I've gone from 0 to 85, just completely all over. Finally referred to our older FIFA 17 OS sliders, forget which version, and punched in this value along with a couple others, in particular the HLW.

Run Freq - 1/1
►Enough was enough in resisting us changing this value to the 1/1 that we always do. The higher runs just wasn't working, especially in the user's defensive third where the CPU would tiki-taka + through pass into the box constantly. Plenty of variety, so don't worry there.

Height - 55/55
►Feel good about this because it's the best balance that the CTT's are still honored, but not so high that the midfield is pushed out of position. Defensive third shape, paired up with the Length and Width, is good here.

Length - 45/45
►Checks out as well here because it compresses the shape in the right spots, and the marking pulls players to their assigned zone. In addition the runs into the box are not super deep that the defensive line is compromised to be breached each time. It still happens due to...FIFA 20...but it's not as bad as before.

Width - 58/58
►They key here is just overall width, but most importantly the defensive line separation from eachother to get into that 1v1 position.

FB Pos - 55/55
►Oddly enough, I feel like this value helped significantly in completing the set because it still allows overlap, but not so much that it's over-commited to the point a counter can easily exploit the CBs.

FT Control - 55/55
►This one is key to compliment the pass error and pass speed. It creates some brilliant 50/50 balls of course.

Last edited:
Just posted on OS the currently suggested set. Wanted to thank @manmachine for the insight on the CPU switching as well.

Timestamp: 10/6/2019 | 4:36 PM --- Have been trying to find the best balance of good shape but more importantly an emphasis to beat the CPU without charity. Their constant give up by the defensive line and fullbacks has been a struggle. So, I reviewed our entire thread here, and older FIFA sets we as the community have been working on. This set is definitely more "extreme" in some cases, however it is needed for this current patch update. Please let me know your thoughts.

Sprint - 45/45
►Just to help solidify the foot planting a bit. Can notice on fouls how the feet stay grounded relative to the tackle.

Accel - 50/51

Shot Error - 54/54
►Good variety of shots paired up with the lower shot speed. Elite players will stand out, but also be realistic with pressure to perform.

Pass Error - 60/60
►If not raising this value, the CPU just becomes very automatic with their passing. It's a bit mindless at times, and especially at the top of the user's box. Play with a low league team and you will see a significant difference compared to using an elite team.

Shot Speed - 49/49
►Lowered this slightly to help the speed up animations in shots. Makes for some really cool ball flight paired up with the GK ability.

Pass Speed - 42/42
►Lowered this value reluctantly but makes for a really nice flow to the game. Not so low that the players have to constantly run towards the ball either, but enough that it calms things down just a bit.

Injury Freq - 75/75
►Tested this on my own but with some good guidance by jrn. Felt that we saw a lot of good injuries on contacts that were and weren't fouls. Some blatant ones as well which was nice to see the player get up and argue with the referee.

Injury Sev - 20/20
►Solid mix of the types of injuries. From players getting their hand stepped on to your usual shoulder injuries. Mix of walk offs and subs.

GK Ability - 48/48
►Just helping a tad bit delayed reaction and not covering so much of the goal. Emphasis to mix the keeper's decisions.

Marking - 70/70
►This was the biggest difference because I was so reluctant to change it, let alone raise it. I've gone from 0 to 85, just completely all over. Finally referred to our older FIFA 17 OS sliders, forget which version, and punched in this value along with a couple others, in particular the HLW.

Run Freq - 1/1
►Enough was enough in resisting us changing this value to the 1/1 that we always do. The higher runs just wasn't working, especially in the user's defensive third where the CPU would tiki-taka + through pass into the box constantly. Plenty of variety, so don't worry there.

Height - 55/55
►Feel good about this because it's the best balance that the CTT's are still honored, but not so high that the midfield is pushed out of position. Defensive third shape, paired up with the Length and Width, is good here.

Length - 45/45
►Checks out as well here because it compresses the shape in the right spots, and the marking pulls players to their assigned zone. In addition the runs into the box are not super deep that the defensive line is compromised to be breached each time. It still happens due to...FIFA 20...but it's not as bad as before.

Width - 58/58
►They key here is just overall width, but most importantly the defensive line separation from eachother to get into that 1v1 position.

FB Pos - 55/55
►Oddly enough, I feel like this value helped significantly in completing the set because it still allows overlap, but not so much that it's over-commited to the point a counter can easily exploit the CBs.

FT Control - 55/55
►This one is key to compliment the pass error and pass speed. It creates some brilliant 50/50 balls of course.
This is a great set Matt. It solves the defensive AI problems almost completely. Thank you for sharing these with us. Having a great time with these

Sprint - 45/45

Accel - 50/51

Shot Error - 54/54

Pass Error - 60/60

Shot Speed - 49/49

Pass Speed - 42/42

Injury Freq - 75/75

Injury Sev - 20/20

GK Ability - 48/48

Marking - 70/70

Run Freq - 1/1

Height - 55/55

Length - 45/45

Width - 58/58

FB Pos - 55/55

FT Control - 55/55
10-15 minutes per half or total gameplay time? I like to play 5 minutes per half. But maybe i’ve to play longer with this sliders.
Wich difficulty is best? Most thing I miss is agressive ai play. Also i’ve the idea that on word class the ai plays more ‘open’. More attacking less organisation. But I don’t know for sure.

Last edited:
10-15 minutes per half or total gameplay time? I like to play 5 minutes per half. But maybe i’ve to play longer with this sliders.
Wich difficulty is best? Most thing I miss is agressive ai play. Also i’ve the idea that on word class the ai plays more ‘open’. More attacking less organisation. But I don’t know for sure.

Per half usually is recommended. I haven't tried 5 minutes just seems really short, but feel free to see how it plays. AI is aggressive relative who you play of course. This was against Sheffield United, who were fairly aggressive and a bit clumsy in their challenges at times.

Considering the defending skill required is manic player switching I've always thought that part of the problem is how the CPU team actually switches the active player, especially since everyone else is much more passive. I think it's worse than optimal to say the least. Now I didn't have time to test this more and I'm not 100% sure it's a problem, but it could be something worth looking into.

By switching on the namebar (or whatever it's called) in the visual settings menu we can see in realtime how the CPU "plays" the game.

This was on Legendary. If the cpu can't player switch effectively when this is a huge requirement, then the game is kinda broken with players switching "on/off" from active to passive, all over the pitch.

Great post and good research here!

This is such a perfect example of what happens when core issues are neglected and ignored for years then EA take shortcuts years later to try and fix core issues which require a full rebuild!

Matt10 has had a hard time as you seen in his streams trying to sort this out but when EA sink this low, there is nothing you can do, just enjoy what you can from this, if you can!

The AI do not in any way shape or form in this game work as a team, doesn't matter if its your teammate AI or the CPU, everything is just scripted one on one duels all over the pitch. In attack its the same garbage, the Ai have canned patterns of attacks, they still travel to the golden zones to score the same, canned goals over and over, no matter what tactics you give them or how good the players are. The lack of freedom, I cant get over the fact there is no manual man marking anymore! Whatever settings you use is simply EA running out of ways to hide core issues which have plagued this game for years. They cannot hide anymore and this the result, they cannot keep up with this shameless prerogative of creating a game every year built to hold you for about a week offline and then all the flaws, repetitive, canned, on rails broken AI and bugs appear rendering the game boring and useless with zero depth every year unless you spend hours trying to find sliders which make the game bearable for another 2 weeks then you need to keep moving the sliders around until you eventually give up 2 months or so after release.

Just make a game with depth out of the box EA, make a game which come with the choice to use preset sliders you have tested which we know make the game a challenge or a sim as a base! So guys like Matt 10 can use that as a base to find the best balance rather than spend so long trying to fix your mess EA!

Please share this, people need to see this and see EA need to start again, they need to just get back to the gameplay they where good at FIFA 08-12, look at FIFA 14 even as the earliest base to start with even removing the tactical defending which was the start of the downfall and mess we see now. There is no need for tactical defending if you create a proper stamina and inertia system from the core gameplay! Go back to making the game so it works in one piece and we do have some form of at least basic teammate AI.

The atmosphere and all round presentation is absolutely superb, so good, so lifelike and realistic is masks what a pathetic, shameless, sorry piece of incompetent garbage this gameplay is.

@Matt10 I play on legendary, semi on everything and auto where it doesn't allow for semi. Do you recommend any adjustments to your set based on that?

Nope, that should be fine. If anything the semi controls will help more control of that pass error at 60. I only test in assisted, but when I play "for real", I use a mix of semi and manual, except keeper at assisted.

Now I understand why the Pros praised this game so much at release. When you've got a good connection (a big if), man this game is so good online. By far the best online FIFA for me. At first I thought it was going to be nothing but pure goal fests because of the defending changes but nah, once you get the hang of defending, most matches are pretty tight score wise unless there's a big mismatch.

I made the mistake of jumping right into rivals this year before not knowing the defending, so I got placed in division six, but it's been such fun working my way up to div 4. It helped I got some great pack luck this year, packing Mertens and Oblak early on, then I packed Aguero today in my rewards.

Word is the top divisions are all drop back and counter, and it sounds like people are pissed with the current meta, so maybe something will change for me as (if) I move up, but gameplay online is so fun this year; loving beating people by playing football rather than spamming long balls to wingers. Just a shame this had to come at the expense of single player gameplay.

(Gotta say though that they have to work out their server issues. Gameplay is great when you've got a good connection, but I agree with many who are saying this is maybe the worst FIFA online if you have delay.)

Now I understand why the Pros praised this game so much at release. When you've got a good connection (a big if), man this game is so good online. By far the best online FIFA for me. At first I thought it was going to be nothing but pure goal fests because of the defending changes but nah, once you get the hang of defending, most matches are pretty tight score wise unless there's a big mismatch.

I made the mistake of jumping right into rivals this year before not knowing the defending, so I got placed in division six, but it's been such fun working my way up to div 4. It helped I got some great pack luck this year, packing Mertens and Oblak early on, then I packed Aguero today in my rewards.

Word is the top divisions are all drop back and counter, and it sounds like people are pissed with the current meta, so maybe something will change for me as (if) I move up, but gameplay online is so fun this year; loving beating people by playing football rather than spamming long balls to wingers. Just a shame this had to come at the expense of single player gameplay.

(Gotta say though that they have to work out their server issues. Gameplay is great when you've got a good connection, but I agree with many who are saying this is maybe the worst FIFA online if you have delay.)
I only play online co op but it is so good. Can’t believe how much I enjoy it. You can nullify the pass spammers and speed merchants. Only concern for me is, 16 online was this much fun. Then they patched it and it was a dribble fest, Bambi on ice.

wow, just wow EA, maybe this is some evil hidden plan to actually just kill career mode because it don't make them money no more!:

Its official FIFA is basically an online only game unless you mod the shit out of it!

wow, just wow EA, maybe this is some evil hidden plan to actually just kill career mode because it don't make them money no more!:

Its official FIFA is basically an online only game unless you mod the shit out of it!

To recap; if a Rest of the World team wins the Europa League, all European competition is gubbed? What a shambles.

I started my CM knowing it was a write off but I can't picture myself going back if or when the bugs are removed. Not sure a fully-functioning CM would hold my attention either. Everything is the same off the field and I'm already pummelling teams on Legendary. Might delve into manual but I don't feel as if the game has earned any more of my time.

Personally I really wanted them to fix the career mode bugs, but now I don't really care.
The most important aspect of the game - the gameplay, is completely broken this year.

The CPU doesn't pressure any players except your strikers so you can pass to a defender or midfielder and just run through the midfield, I tried the new patch and won 4-1 would of been a lot higher but got incredibly bored of it after 2-0.
The CPU now plays instant first touch passing with League Two teams and Plymouth were doing back flip passes, stepovers and drag backs all over the place even their defenders.
I am not sure if EA implementing Volta is the reason the game is so broken this year, but I don't think it is a coincidence that they added a very arcardy new aspect to the game and that transferred to the proper game. After all this is EA who seem to do nothing but employ the most incompetent programmers and developers in the world.

Matt10 is trying his best to resolve the game issues with sliders, but I am not sure he will be able to make the game playable when there are just so many broken aspects, and it seems to stem from FUT players not liking the original BETA, which according to people like Matt10 who want a simulation was a real step forward.

I am still hoping EA will do something with the game this year and fix the fundamental issues with patches, but at the moment they have released such a broken game in so many ways that I don't think they are capable of fixing it.
As a PC modder fixed the career mode in a few days, but EA still haven't managed too.

At first I thought it was going to be nothing but pure goal fests because of the defending changes but nah, once you get the hang of defending, most matches are pretty tight score wise unless there's a big mismatch.

That doesn't mean the game is balanced though. You can make up any kind of game and the skill of those playing against each other will make it seem balanced if they are on a similar level. I suppose there are 2 reasons for the low scores online. They all depend on player numbers to defend (drop back). Manual defending not enough to defend effectively I guess? ;). The other reason has to be nerfing crazy 1st time shots / volleys from distance? So you now have to break down the defence when everyone is behind the ball (drop back). But this is still a completely unbalanced DEF/ATT game which is why it falls apart quickly when playing against the CPU.

The CPU defences step out so quickly and it's very easy to get in behind. And FIFA 20 defenders tracking back, pound for pound, gives you about the worst AI in in football gaming history. The stopping, turning, crab running - how did it get through to the final game?!

i think this is going to be worst fifa,bugs on carrer mode,AI bugs,servers not working,people missing their points on FUT,hacked accounts...
fifa "20" most likely was released for people streaming on youtube and twitch

To recap; if a Rest of the World team wins the Europa League, all European competition is gubbed? What a shambles.

I started my CM knowing it was a write off but I can't picture myself going back if or when the bugs are removed. Not sure a fully-functioning CM would hold my attention either. Everything is the same off the field and I'm already pummelling teams on Legendary. Might delve into manual but I don't feel as if the game has earned any more of my time.

On 19 if you move one of the ROTW teams to another league it would crash the CM down the line and you would not be able to play in European competitions even if you have won the league.

Shocking that it is still in.

Personally I really wanted them to fix the career mode bugs, but now I don't really care.
The most important aspect of the game - the gameplay, is completely broken this year.

The CPU doesn't pressure any players except your strikers so you can pass to a defender or midfielder and just run through the midfield, I tried the new patch and won 4-1 would of been a lot higher but got incredibly bored of it after 2-0.
The CPU now plays instant first touch passing with League Two teams and Plymouth were doing back flip passes, stepovers and drag backs all over the place even their defenders.
I am not sure if EA implementing Volta is the reason the game is so broken this year, but I don't think it is a coincidence that they added a very arcardy new aspect to the game and that transferred to the proper game. After all this is EA who seem to do nothing but employ the most incompetent programmers and developers in the world.

Matt10 is trying his best to resolve the game issues with sliders, but I am not sure he will be able to make the game playable when there are just so many broken aspects, and it seems to stem from FUT players not liking the original BETA, which according to people like Matt10 who want a simulation was a real step forward.

I am still hoping EA will do something with the game this year and fix the fundamental issues with patches, but at the moment they have released such a broken game in so many ways that I don't think they are capable of fixing it.
As a PC modder fixed the career mode in a few days, but EA still haven't managed too.

Gameplay is not broken. The problem is Career Mode gameplay. Almost all the criticisms of CPU defending are not a thing in Squad Battles gameplay. I'm playing just on World Class in SBs and it's been good fun and a great challenge.

That doesn't mean the game is balanced though. You can make up any kind of game and the skill of those playing against each other will make it seem balanced if they are on a similar level. I suppose there are 2 reasons for the low scores online. They all depend on player numbers to defend (drop back). Manual defending not enough to defend effectively I guess? ;). The other reason has to be nerfing crazy 1st time shots / volleys from distance? So you now have to break down the defence when everyone is behind the ball (drop back). But this is still a completely unbalanced DEF/ATT game which is why it falls apart quickly when playing against the CPU.

You're not wrong. It's definitely imbalanced in the way FIFA is always imbalanced: attackers and attacking play have the advantage, and counter attacks are still way too easy to initiate, hence the reliance on overly conservative defensive tactics in multiplayer (though it sounds like people might be starting to move beyond the drop back "meta").

There's definitely work to be done, but as online football game's go, it's SO much better than it used to be because once you learn the defensive system - and understand that you just have to keep FBs on always stay back, which just kills my soul - then you can be pretty sound defensively and people who only try to exploit pace can be handled.

But I wouldn't say it falls apart when playing against the CPU. Gameplay in Career Mode is kinda all over the place, but it plays much better in Squad Battles. It'll be interesting to hear what the experiences of the PC guys are like now that mods are being or about to be released, since they can adjust some of the under the hood mechanics that can make CM so inconsistent and too easy.

But I wouldn't say it falls apart when playing against the CPU. Gameplay in Career Mode is kinda all over the place, but it plays much better in Squad Battles. It'll be interesting to hear what the experiences of the PC guys are like now that mods are being or about to be released, since they can adjust some of the under the hood mechanics that can make CM so inconsistent and too easy.

Point taken, but I guess everyone judges the gameplay in CM, squad battles is technically against the cpu but it's also basically fut, no reason to play SQ if you're not heavily invested in fut, people play it for fut rewards I reckon.

Point taken, but I guess everyone judges the gameplay in CM, squad battles is technically against the cpu but it's also basically fut, no reason to play SQ if you're not heavily invested in fut, people play it for fut rewards I reckon.

Everyone *in here* is more likely to judge FIFA based on CM gameplay. Sure, I get that - it's my preferred mode too. My point is just that if you're only playing CM, you don't have the full picture of single player gameplay in FIFA, and it points to a different problem than just "gameplay is broken." For me at least that's huge, because it means that the gameplay I want is in the game, it's just a problem with the game mode.

Not played anything other than kick off mode, not tried squad battles.
Played one game in career mode and won 3-0, but that was before any patches.

But gone back to 19, as just can't play 20 it just isn't for me in it's current state, but will wait to see when patches are released.

Back
Top Bottom