FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

I hate how fast FUT is, but damn I wish we had this level of challenge in CM.
Beginning to think the speed of the game is what holds it together as an experience. When you slow it down, through game speed or slider changes, you start to see the weirdest things. Players running on the spot, hovering around in a circular motion around the ball instead of running directly to it, and defenders just losing their minds - making it 10x easier to play.

I wish I could up some speed sliders on "slow" and get the challenge back but it just won't work, the slower ball physics paired up with slower responses just completely breaks the AI.

So for CM - and someone's already mentioned this as a joke, but - I wonder if "fast" makes it harder. (I certainly don't need it to be harder...)

Haven't played with the newest patch (today?), do you have a video example? Are they just not pressuring, or taking poor angles?
Well a few days ago i was experience nice challenging matches. The CPU puts everyone behind the ball in exhibition matches and then squeezes as you enter the space. I found it difficult to dribble around them at times.

So far today it feels a lot easier as they stand off you a lot and you can even walk by them at times. Maybe i need to reset my sliders and reapply?

Beginning to think the speed of the game is what holds it together as an experience. When you slow it down, through game speed or slider changes, you start to see the weirdest things. Players running on the spot, hovering around in a circular motion around the ball instead of running directly to it, and defenders just losing their minds - making it 10x easier to play.

I wish I could up some speed sliders on "slow" and get the challenge back but it just won't work, the slower ball physics paired up with slower responses just completely breaks the AI.

So for CM - and someone's already mentioned this as a joke, but - I wonder if "fast" makes it harder. (I certainly don't need it to be harder...)

In some ways I agree, but on the other hand I feel like many of the FUT problems are due to the game being too fast and it just can't handle it well. Player switching is the best example, but there's a lot of animations and bullshit that happens in FUT that are way worse than in CM, and I think the speed is the cause.

I don't know. Game's kind of a mess, and you could probably point to many things for that.

TU #3 on PC

111.png

What's this relating to? This?

Not your lawyer.

In court, terms and conditions of use are quite often quashed as you cannot have terms and conditions which force you to waive away certain rights.
Obviously it depends on where EAs data storage is deemed to be policed, but I doubt this section prevents them from being found at fault for a severe data breach.

Did the new update affect gameplay? Just played a few matches and its easier and also faster than before, i don't get it. It's just unplayable atm for me.

I've always felt it best to play on the highest difficulty level to get the best out of the AI and use sliders to suit your ability level, and I think that might be the case more than ever this year. IMO the new defensive awareness stat has been implemented really poorly, especially with the way it scales, and if you play on less than Ultimate you're going to see more weird defensive AI issues.

This is the difficulty scaling from last year:

upload_2019-10-3_11-26-11.png

This year though the Marking and Space is replaced by Defensive Awareness. And what seems to be the biggest issue right now with defending...

Just loading up now after finally getting my copy.

To confirm: Career Mode is goosed and there's no point starting one, right?

It's a dumpster fire. That said, as long as you have a second controller to adjust the CPU lineups, it still might be worth a try. I played through a whole season and enjoyed it, but you gotta put up with:
  • The tables are whack. If Brighton being top of the table and Man City bottom is a dealbreaker, then don't play.
  • If you edit a player, they might get a decrease in their OVR. It doesn't effect gameplay, but it does their transfer value. It happened to about 1 out of 3 of my squad.
There's other issues (like Squad Morale being too easy to keep high) but that's what impacted my experience the most. Like I said, I still had fun - but I def wouldn't bother if you can't adjust their lineups pre match.

It's a dumpster fire. That said, as long as you have a second controller to adjust the CPU lineups, it still might be worth a try. I played through a whole season and enjoyed it, but you gotta put up with:

• The tables are whack. If Brighton being top of the table and Man City bottom is a dealbreaker, then don't play.
    If you edit a player, they might get a decrease in their OVR. It doesn't effect gameplay, but it does their transfer value. It happened to about 1 out of 3 of my squad.
There's other issues (like Squad Morale being too easy to keep high) but that's what impacted my experience the most. Like I said, I still had fun - but I def wouldn't bother if you can't adjust their lineups pre match.

I've got a second controller so I'll dip my toe. I wonder how the Scottish Premiership will be affected by the league table 'bug'. No intention to edit players so should be good in that regard.

The patches have improved the gameplay in my opinion, passive AI players move a little bit better than before, and I'm seeing quite a few fouls by the AI. In general, the goals scored by the AI feel more natural than their ping-pong goals in FIFA 19.

There's some slightly annoying stuff, though. Passes over a short distance tend to be too erratic, and keepers are horrible at catching simple crosses...

Just playing my second game on 1.04. First was at someone else's house, online, and it seemed normal. At home, against the AI, with the sliders I was using last night... It's twice as fast as it was. Truly ridiculous.

Ajax flying around like they're on rockets. Hoping it's just a one-off.

They've promised that all gameplay changes will be included in the pitch notes. I understand why people have doubts, but the dude who does the pitch notes is a solid guy. If he swears that it's his goal to not exclude anything, I believe him.

I don't feel like anything's changed anyways.

They've promised that all gameplay changes will be included in the pitch notes. I understand why people have doubts, but the dude who does the pitch notes is a solid guy. If he swears that it's his goal to not exclude anything, I believe him.

I don't feel like anything's changed anyways.
Yeah I read him saying in a tweet "trust us, we only change what we say". Doesn't mean there aren't unexpected knock-on effects though.

My game on normal with sliders is definitely faster than it was last night, but sometimes (with any version) it seems like just from the off your game is faster for no reason.

I'll try again tomorrow...

Yeah I read him saying in a tweet "trust us, we only change what we say". Doesn't mean there aren't unexpected knock-on effects though.

My game on normal with sliders is definitely faster than it was last night, but sometimes (with any version) it seems like just from the off your game is faster for no reason.

Tiredness will also make it feel faster..

Remember 18?
Same issue before some patch (can't remember which one) games were much faster than the ones you had the day before (or before turning on your console again from previous session)

Can't believe EA, I bought my nephew fifa 20 for his birthday as he liked the look of volta mode(he's 12) but he can't play it because you need Internet always on access, the dongle he usually use for browsing the Internet on his tablet etc isn't powerful enough and has a limited cap so now the game is pretty much useless to him and I've wasted 60 quid on a game, why would EA do that?

Can't believe EA, I bought my nephew fifa 20 for his birthday as he liked the look of volta mode(he's 12) but he can't play it because you need Internet always on access, the dongle he usually use for browsing the Internet on his tablet etc isn't powerful enough and has a limited cap so now the game is pretty much useless to him and I've wasted 60 quid on a game, why would EA do that?
I didn't know that myself til my internet went down for a few seconds and the game (FIFA 18) shut down.
Really bad tbh,once you've downloaded a game (and paid for it) it should be yours and fully functional right?
Rough deal for your nephew

I played last night, GG's sliders on world-class, I was Westham vs Man City, when I tell you the hammered me it's no shit. 7-1 and the passing from another world. I could not get near them.

I played last night, GG's sliders on world-class, I was Westham vs Man City, when I tell you the hammered me it's no shit. 7-1 and the passing from another world. I could not get near them.
Here's my question though... Believable passing, or silly 100mph first-time impossible-in-real-life passing?

He should be able to play Volta matches in Kick Off mode without an internet connection. The separate Volta mode needs an internet connection because all opponent teams and players are actually user-generated.

The latter.
Urgh. That's my issue. The game definitely provides a challenge now, and I actually think Ultimate is a decent balance. But the best teams play like someone has pressed "fast forward", i.e. with a pace on the ball and a precision that is not humanly possible at those speeds.

Back
Top Bottom