FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Jesus, I just cant believe, how bad this game is compared to FIFA 18 and 19. The defense is so frustrating and disgusting. There are even more stupid "the ball goes back to attackers feet again and again" tackles, physics and player collissions are so much worse, in 18 & 19 i knew that with good position defence i would not get scored (and I really loved how good the physical play was), but in this comedy, attackers are running through defenders, its a real downgrade from previous versions. Also defenders are completely nonsense in position play, they just run out of position with no reason leaving a highway for the attackers to go on goal. Im really pissed off, loved 18 and tolerated a bit worse 19, but I refuse to play this s*it.
I've had two seasons of 18 since Fifa 20 came out,and I've started a CM on 17.
I wonder if people are blinded by this being a new game,its so poor gameplay and movement wise Vs FIFA 17/18.
Massive difference, especially how the CPU adjust their body when passing,this game looks so inferior compared to those two.

this game really could be the greatest football game ever with a few more fixes, that update has really improved dribbling and ai playing more to their team styles, ball seems more loose too and is bouncing more naturally

I've adjusted my sliders accordingly

FIFA 1.03 Sliders
1P/AI
Speed 43/43
Accel 44/44
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 61/61
Shot Speed 52/52
Pass Speed 38/38
Injury Freq 66/66
Injury Sev. 18/18
GK Ability 52/52
Marking 95/95
Run Freq 23/23
Height 67/67
Length 28/28
Width 49/49
Fullbacks 54/54
First Touch 62/62
Power Bar Speed 65
Really enjoying your sliders man, thank you. What level and speed are you playing at?

I've had two seasons of 18 since Fifa 20 came out,and I've started a CM on 17.
I wonder if people are blinded by this being a new game,its so poor gameplay and movement wise Vs FIFA 17/18.
Massive difference, especially how the CPU adjust their body when passing,this game looks so inferior compared to those two.
yeah i agree as much as i prefer to play fifa cos of the whole package i cant stand the player models movement too, to me they have made their legs longer doesnt look right, dissappointed as i was looking forward to this

Sorry if ANYONE was offended by my tongue in cheek swipe from the previous post. Is there any easier way of editing players appearance. I'm sure it wasn't such a bollock ache on previous fifa's

Anyone else finding that whilst trying to win the ball back from your opponent (worse online it seems) the ball often ricochets between the players and often you have to have about 5 or 6 attempts to win the ball / clear the ball? I have conceded so many shit cheap goals on Head to Head seasons because of this nonsense. It was an issue in 19 as well and I absolutely couldn't stand it.

yeah i agree as much as i prefer to play fifa cos of the whole package i cant stand the player models movement too, to me they have made their legs longer doesnt look right, dissappointed as i was looking forward to this
Same here,when I first played 20 on my EA acces i couldn't believe how bad it looked and played.
Really disappointed

Well well well
Played about 7 games yesterday in Kick Off mode. 8 Minute halves, World Class, using Goalgerd's sliders with slight tweaked for personal taste.
Still felt the same way about the demo. Underwhelmed. Game feels stiff. Passing animations are horrendous. Cameras need more options, zoom and height sliders barely change anything at all, and an angle slider would help a lot as well.

I really, really hope that modding can take this to a playable level for me, otherwise it'll be the worst $60 spent of my life because, I'm not planning on playing it any more in its current state.

Sorry for the negativity. I promise I won't post very often here if it doesn't grow on me so I don't get labeled as a broken record myself.

It's an improvement over 19 for me, still.

Start of a career with OM on Champion, normal speed, semi / manual

The patch has not changed anything in terms of speed, it's still as good. We feel that the guards have been improved against. They release much less and box less the ball.
I still enjoy this freedom of construction. I do not know if the slow speed bug was fixed, which made his defender not catch us when we are near the sideline.

I like press conferences, pre and post match. The sentences are often related to the course of the match. We will be carved if we take a goal in the final minutes of play or glorified if we score in playtime.

By cons, in 8 games, I already have 3 injured. Strootmann 2 months, Thovin 3 months and Rongier in training 2 months. We even see the guy who is holding the thighs of a breakdown, I love!

Since I have disabled the summer transfer window, with my shit man it's going to be hot but exciting!
I have a harder time finding the frame since the update. Placebo or not, it's a fact: Benedetto D vintage not bad. But Mandanda is very very good.
I can not wait to continue.
I have the bug of the career, PSG is 13th and Cavani wax the bench with Océdar: o

Pre-season matches
OM - Galatasaray
OM - Westham
OM - FC Colognes
OM - Besiktas
Season L1 Conforama;
OM - Reims
https://youtu.be/iHqq-scSdk4
Nantes - OM
https://youtu.be/6E2Ab5faBM8
OGC Nices - OM
https://youtu.be/cPEhlVbAVLw

On Xbox One X before the patch it was sometimes good
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/f0b8e605-df50-4f9e-bcba-a30612d3cf85
I really like the AI's goal on this video, even if it's a little bit scryp
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/2c21b881-4e31-4773-93dc-d90e8c95014b
On the other hand, on this one, I do not like the animation of the head on my goal, it's not natural
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/45e8b063-6966-4e18-90e3-d33e1305950b
I like the new shots too:
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/0c4ccfa2-195c-46e8-867b-68cccabe0bbc

Hmmm cpu AI has been dumbed down since the patch they stand off quite a bit. Any ideas Matt10??

Haven't played with the newest patch (today?), do you have a video example? Are they just not pressuring, or taking poor angles?

Haven't played with the newest patch (today?), do you have a video example? Are they just not pressuring, or taking poor angles?
In my experience it's just more of the video you posted the other day - where the LCM becomes a second RCM and leaves a massive hole in the middle of the pitch.

In my experience it's just more of the video you posted the other day - where the LCM becomes a second RCM and leaves a massive hole in the middle of the pitch.

I did notice this a little, but actually thought it was a good feature just poorly implemented - Although might be talking about different things.

But I have noticed when you take defenders out of position through attacks and lose the ball a midfielder will go into RB and take over the position this happens whenever you watch football in real life.
However it is just badly implemented as in real life when this happens the RB will then either go join the central defense of take up the other guys position, until the ball is out of play.. It is normally to cover the other guys position but since I watch L2 football sliding into a CB position is always the best way to not concede at that level.

FIFA has attempted to do this in 20, but it is just implemented very badly the RB will run back to cover his normal position and leave the CM also playing RB, so therefore doubling up a position leaving massive gaps in the middle of the park.

You have to go back to the start and locate league, locate player and do that every time instead of just leaving you on say' Westham ' so you can just edit the whole team, boots etc. Do you follow?

It's been like that for as long as I can remember mate. A pain in the rear end.

Fuck me but Squad Battles is hard as hell this year. Last year if I played all the games I always finished in elite, a couple times in the top 100, but goddam I just got crushed by the CPU on World Class.

I hate how fast FUT is, but damn I wish we had this level of challenge in CM.

STATS should do the talking on a football game. NOT how long I hold the button down for/hold a stick in the direction.

Surely BOTH need to 'do the talking' as if it's entirely based on stats you might as well put the controller down and play in a 'manager' mode.

It’s lazy, poor coding from EA. This FUMA argument needs to die a death, I’m sick of it.

This didn't appear to be an argument being raised. There's a difference between saying

"You're ONLY finding it easy because you aren't playing FUMA"

or

"If you're finding it too easy, you might find it more of a challenge if you tried FUMA"

PS. You will find it's an extreme minority where video game AI is actually a challenge to modern gamers without some sort of handicapping. It's just poor coding if they make it too obvious (an issue a lot of sporting simulation games seems to struggle with).

The offsides on this are ridiculous, I scored a chipped goal given offside and they had a player stood on the goal line, WTF?

Normal speed on legendary
Yeah I was using those settings as well. This game is weird man, first game I played with your sliders and it was great. Then I played a second game and the defending AI was just horrible, I was walking by the cpu defenders, on legendary BTW. No idea why this happens.

When it shows the replay he was inside the six-yard box but pitch side of the goal line. I'll try and get the capture I did and post it.

When it shows the replay he was inside the six-yard box but pitch side of the goal line. I'll try and get the capture I did and post it.
The last man is never the offside line (usually the GK being that) so if your defender was in the goal line,then the GK is the line.
Could be that?
Never seen it before (not playing 20 though).
If you find the image ,have a look at it mate

Back
Top Bottom