FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

The good thing about the unchanged career mode is that I can reuse my files from both FIFA 17 and FIFA 18 on FIFA 20. They don't bother to fix anything and I have to fix the same bug over and over again. I will release one the same day as Frosty Tools gets updated. I have fix for literally all the career mode bugs. The weight distribution in the picking up line up is wrong. The transfers are bugged where literally a team will play their outfilled players as goal keepers because they didn't replaced the last goalkeeper they sold. Simsettings is wrong because the margin between good teams and bad teams is intertwined. The goal scorers are messed up. I got fed up in FIFA 19 with the same bugs so I didn't even buy FIFA 19. However I have bought FIFA 20 so I will release my patch once Frosty Mod Manager is available.

I more I play this the more I appreciate the new animations on the ball and the players, it's only when you slow it down you see there are some lovely new contextual animations for every type of situation

Watching spurs v bayern is like watching fifa 20
Can you make thread with your sliders?

Can’t believe how quiet this thread is so close after release.

Anyway, just found out that the patch I was playing on PC yesterday has only just dropped for consoles which might explain why it’s been so quiet.

The game plays much better after the patch. It no longer feels like a massively broken FIFA 19 but now feels like a slightly improved FIFA 19.

Enjoyed every game I played last night despite its many flaws.

Patch 1.03 has dropped on PS4.

I don't feel a huge difference, got to say - but playing on "normal" speed, with sliders (chiefly 39/39 pace, 50/49 accel and pass speed 42/37)... I'm having a good time, now.

Playing a CL as Lille (real CL groups), I can't buy a win - but I drew 2-2 with Ajax away and it's one of the proudest FIFA moments I can remember.

Patch 1.03 has dropped on PS4.

I don't feel a huge difference, got to say - but playing on "normal" speed, with sliders (chiefly 39/39 pace, 50/49 accel and pass speed 42/37)... I'm having a good time, now.

Playing a CL as Lille (real CL groups), I can't buy a win - but I drew 2-2 with Ajax away and it's one of the proudest FIFA moments I can remember.
Default assists?

The gameplay is VERY good this year.

Forget about it for single player though.

Disclaimer: I didn’t like FIFA 19. Others here did but don’t like this. So it’s definitely a ‘Marmite’ game if you get the expression.

Try it before buying would be my advice. If you want it for Career Mode, wait until it’s fixed. IF it gets fixed.

Played a season in FIFA 19 last year. Game certainly played well but with any FIFA I play it seems to lose its appeal after 50+ games.
Not to get into comparisons but is it a viable alternative to the other game?

Played a season in FIFA 19 last year. Game certainly played well but with any FIFA I play it seems to lose its appeal after 50+ games.
Not to get into comparisons but is it a viable alternative to the other game?
I like both games this year despite their MANY flaws.

I wouldn’t touch this if you’re only a single player gamer though. Wait until there’s a huge fix for Career Mode. Also it’s still ridiculously easy (although @Chris Davies and a few others say otherwise. But they also found FIFA 19 challenging and I also found that too easy. I think they might use semi passing etc though?)

FIFA 20 online is very good though because of the slower speed. Me and a good friend played for hours last night and had a blast using Leicester City and getting matches against the likes of Tigres, Frankfurt etc.

Default assists?
All default except semi shooting, because I love really scuffing a shot, and it keeps games lower-scoring.

Playing on "slow" was the root of a lot of my problems. It doesn't just slow the game down by 10% or whatever, A) it seems disproportionate, i.e. some things get much slower, others are barely affected, and B) it affects the AI's logic, or response times. So I was just running through lines of defence while the defenders either watched (having given up without even trying), or "stuttered" (where they flip between chasing you and running back 2-3 times a second, and end up just jogging away from you).

Now the ball moves too fast for me on normal - it's faster than real life for sure, I've begun counting the seconds between average passes being hit and received in reality and you're looking at 2-3 seconds, versus FIFA's 1 second.

But, A) they have to compress 90 minutes, so I get it, and for the first time I'm starting to come to terms with it (because it's better than it was), and B) sliders help, without messing up too much, IMO. The AI still uses "driven pass" too often, and their passes (as in, their power bar accuracy, if we could see it) are so accurate and perfectly paced that I still nerf their pass speed by 4-5.

I think it's a pretty good balance. Ultimate is a challenge but doesn't feel unrealistic, either. But I'm only judging this on my CL games, not Career - which I had to abandon due to unbelievably bad team selections and unbelievably bad league tables. So more testing is needed...

this game really could be the greatest football game ever with a few more fixes, that update has really improved dribbling and ai playing more to their team styles, ball seems more loose too and is bouncing more naturally

I've adjusted my sliders accordingly

FIFA 1.03 Sliders
1P/AI
Speed 43/43
Accel 44/44
Shot Error 54/54
Pass Error 61/61
Shot Speed 52/52
Pass Speed 38/38
Injury Freq 66/66
Injury Sev. 18/18
GK Ability 52/52
Marking 95/95
Run Freq 23/23
Height 67/67
Length 28/28
Width 49/49
Fullbacks 54/54
First Touch 62/62
Power Bar Speed 65

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed the wings being alarmingly WIDE open?? Not sure if it's because of formations or something. Am playing a bundesliga custom tournament single season using all teams, just played gladbach vs schalke and used a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow formation. The full backs had acres of space all game, it was a bit ridiculous how easy it made attacking.

Personal insults and off-topic stuff deleted. Anything else off-topic from this point and/or insults will result in direct action being taken on your account. I come in here to read about FIFA.

Has anyone noticed the wings being alarmingly WIDE open?? Not sure if it's because of formations or something. Am playing a bundesliga custom tournament single season using all teams, just played gladbach vs schalke and used a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow formation. The full backs had acres of space all game, it was a bit ridiculous how easy it made attacking.

Playing on slow speed by any chance?

All default except semi shooting, because I love really scuffing a shot, and it keeps games lower-scoring.

Playing on "slow" was the root of a lot of my problems. It doesn't just slow the game down by 10% or whatever, A) it seems disproportionate, i.e. some things get much slower, others are barely affected, and B) it affects the AI's logic, or response times. So I was just running through lines of defence while the defenders either watched (having given up without even trying), or "stuttered" (where they flip between chasing you and running back 2-3 times a second, and end up just jogging away from you).

Now the ball moves too fast for me on normal - it's faster than real life for sure, I've begun counting the seconds between average passes being hit and received in reality and you're looking at 2-3 seconds, versus FIFA's 1 second.

But, A) they have to compress 90 minutes, so I get it, and for the first time I'm starting to come to terms with it (because it's better than it was), and B) sliders help, without messing up too much, IMO. The AI still uses "driven pass" too often, and their passes (as in, their power bar accuracy, if we could see it) are so accurate and perfectly paced that I still nerf their pass speed by 4-5.

I think it's a pretty good balance. Ultimate is a challenge but doesn't feel unrealistic, either. But I'm only judging this on my CL games, not Career - which I had to abandon due to unbelievably bad team selections and unbelievably bad league tables. So more testing is needed...

How does this compare to those first couple months of fifa 19 where it was still heavy and nicely congested?

Are the attacking patterns for your own team still repetitive as you mentioned a few weeks ago? Or is there a new freshness and variety in your own attacking play?

Jesus, I just cant believe, how bad this game is compared to FIFA 18 and 19. The defense is so frustrating and disgusting. There are even more stupid "the ball goes back to attackers feet again and again" tackles, physics and player collissions are so much worse, in 18 & 19 i knew that with good position defence i would not get scored (and I really loved how good the physical play was), but in this comedy, attackers are running through defenders, its a real downgrade from previous versions. Also defenders are completely nonsense in position play, they just run out of position with no reason leaving a highway for the attackers to go on goal. Im really pissed off, loved 18 and tolerated a bit worse 19, but I refuse to play this s*it.

Jesus, I just cant believe, how bad this game is compared to FIFA 18 and 19. The defense is so frustrating and disgusting. There are even more stupid "the ball goes back to attackers feet again and again" tackles, physics and player collissions are so much worse, in 18 & 19 i knew that with good position defence i would not get scored (and I really loved how good the physical play was), but in this comedy, attackers are running through defenders, its a real downgrade from previous versions. Also defenders are completely nonsense in position play, they just run out of position with no reason leaving a highway for the attackers to go on goal. Im really pissed off, loved 18 and tolerated a bit worse 19, but I refuse to play this s*it.

Have you tried sliders?

Still content with the base gameplay, but some adjustments in certain areas are necessary. Most recent video since I haven't had time to stream yet.

Yes, because I thought I might be going mad given how nobody complains about it. Try it yourself, any average pass of a decent length (say half the width of the pitch)...

I did that too! I then compared footage with Liverpool's CL game with RB Salzburg and the way Mane and the forwards moved and pierced the opponent's defence (and how the defenders reacted) was pretty much FIFA like imo.

Back
Top Bottom