FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

I’m enjoying FUT for the first time in years. I haven’t taken it online yet, because I’ve got a feeling when I see squads with Ronaldo and Messi I’ll quickly get annoyed with the mode.

But Squad Battles in Legendary difficultly are a joy to play because of the slower speed this year and I’m having fun building a team from scratch.

I’m enjoying FUT for the first time in years. I haven’t taken it online yet, because I’ve got a feeling when I see squads with Ronaldo and Messi I’ll quickly get annoyed with the mode.

But Squad Battles in Legendary difficultly are a joy to play because of the slower speed this year and I’m having fun building a team from scratch.

i only play FUT online and it is fine at the moment. Majority of teams just have 82/83 players and so it is balanced enough.

Won 4/5 games in the qualifier at the start so started in division 5 I think but then collapsed down to division 7 as I learned the game properly. Now back up to division 6 and winning more than I lose. Really enjoying it

In case anyone is wondering game is still bad post-patch.
Won against Man City 4-3. Wings are exploitable, that was 90 minutes of sprinting back and forth on the wings, CBs are still dumb, dribbling past defenders is too easy, midfielders still stop tracking back. That's on SLOW, but I can't play on normal, it's too fast for me. They should fix slow gameplay. I will not compromise on how I like to play the game. It's broken, it should be fixed, simple as that.

(And I don't doubt people who are having fun playing on normal speed or against lower rated teams, but I just started a new CM for testing and Man City just happened to be one of the first games I had to play, tough luck for the game. This game could be great if only defences were stronger and there was a midfield but it's all about counter attacking).

Last edited:
The "It's how you're playing it" claim it's just Developer's number 1 excuse in their Book.
It's like, when you complain to your ISP because your internet connection is slower than what you're supposedly paying for, and you try downloading from a multitude of different sources and it's still slow, and Youtube videos take ages to download in 1080p or 4K, and when you call and complain, they ask you to go to their official speed test website and everything works perfectly! Shit you even get more MBPS than what you're paying for! Magically, you have the fastest internet connection on the planet - On their website.
"How you are playing it"... where have I heard that before? In a certain other thread when a bunch of us complained about the lack of fouls? ;)

I forgot you could play FUT offline!! I may look at this when I get time to see if its deeper than my initial thought of "Fantasy Card trading game".

uh oh... apparently according to some reddit posts EA's Latest Patch speeds up FIFA 20.... That's a game changer for me as I won't want to play 200MPH football again.

From the 2 games I managed to play early today, I didn't notice any such thing. The speed was perfect on slow at least. It's just crap elsewhere. Which is hugely frustrating as I love slow speed this year.

uh oh... apparently according to some reddit posts EA's Latest Patch speeds up FIFA 20.... That's a game changer for me as I won't want to play 200MPH football again.
From the 2 games I managed to play early today, I didn't notice any such thing. The speed was perfect on slow at least. It's just crap elsewhere. Which is hugely frustrating as I love slow speed this year.
Yeah, I don't think this is true (maybe online it is, which will be a shame).

The one thing I have seen is the video @Matt10 has quoted on Twitter - see below.

Offline gamers are doomed. They're patching defending to break it even more.

Full patch notes are available here.

That video makes me think that cricket scores will be even more likely now. Why? You won't be able to touch speed merchants or dribbling wizards like Messi etc.... Defending didn't need to be nerfed anymore than it already was!

i only play FUT online and it is fine at the moment. Majority of teams just have 82/83 players and so it is balanced enough.

Won 4/5 games in the qualifier at the start so started in division 5 I think but then collapsed down to division 7 as I learned the game properly. Now back up to division 6 and winning more than I lose. Really enjoying it

I am also playing FUT online. Have you figured out the way the opponents kit is chosen? I am playing in white Leeds Utd kit but the opponents kit 9/10 times is always the Leeds away kit - even when I select the option for the opponent kit to be selected automatically so don't clash. Not many kits will clash with an all white kit ???

I am also playing FUT online. Have you figured out the way the opponents kit is chosen? I am playing in white Leeds Utd kit but the opponents kit 9/10 times is always the Leeds away kit - even when I select the option for the opponent kit to be selected automatically so don't clash. Not many kits will clash with an all white kit ???

My home kit is red and my away kit yellow. In FUT Champs, that's what you play every time but in Rivals, you are meant to get a variety. Must admit though, it usually is red vs yellow. I normally just click through without picking what the kit preference is though so not sure what they do.

Please post a video of this, Ultimate difficulty, Normal game speed.

I'm playing as Crystal Palace right now, and after finding last year laughably easy, I'm finding this a challenge. On default assistance. Yes, sometimes passing acc is too high, but other times I'll finish in high 70s.

I'd love to see how you're finishing games with 80% possession on Ultimate difficulty, everything at default.

I may post some videos, but they need to fix the game first.
I get very few hours a week to play games, so not going to waste my time on a broken game.

If and when they fix the issues and game play then I will give it a go again.

Can you share your opinion about offline FUT once you have played it? I also never played FUT because I thought it was just online play.

There is no FUT offline - it's an online game mode. But there is a single player "mode" within it, which is Squad Battles. Basically you play other people's teams controlled by the CPU, earning ranking points, and rewards based on where you finish each week.

It can be fun, but it's also super grindy and the difficulty levels are harder, by quite a bit.

Makes sense. I mean defending was clearly too strong, right? RIGHT?

Defending is too strong, within the context of how FUT is being played right now. Because the game is so imbalanced in the favor of attacking play (and exploiting pace), once again the online meta is to park the bus and counter. When people play drop back defense with a depth of one, it's crazy hard to score.

So then you get everyone complaining about defending - and AI defending especially - being OP, so they do shit like this rather than address why everyone is playing drop back and counter. :BRICK:

What the heck happened with 3rd kits and squads?
I had transfers and new 3rd kits (psg, spurs, barca etc) and now i dont have any of those and i dont have transfers also? LOL.

I am on xbox one.

Defending is too strong, within the context of how FUT is being played right now. Because the game is so imbalanced in the favor of attacking play (and exploiting pace), once again the online meta is to park the bus and counter. When people play drop back defense with a depth of one, it's crazy hard to score.

So then you get everyone complaining about defending - and AI defending especially - being OP, so they do shit like this rather than address why everyone is playing drop back and counter. :BRICK:

This makes some sense, thanks. If I understand it correctly this game needs pressing back, and less passing assistance so there is an actual risk to drop back (not easy to transition to attack), and then it might actually be a better game for EVERYONE. But they rather keep this really shallow. I think online it's basically box to box in every possession change. And offline too most of the time...sigh.

I'm reading more and more people saying they are starting to love FIFA 20 on my Twitter feed.
What's going on?.

I'm reading more and more people saying they are starting to love FIFA 20 on my Twitter feed.
What's going on?.
The gameplay is VERY good this year.

Forget about it for single player though.

Disclaimer: I didn’t like FIFA 19. Others here did but don’t like this. So it’s definitely a ‘Marmite’ game if you get the expression.

Try it before buying would be my advice. If you want it for Career Mode, wait until it’s fixed. IF it gets fixed.

Last edited:
I haven’t actually bought it but while I mainly play offline, football to me is about community and friendship. My mate lives in the Uk and I eventually ended up in Canada. We can’t seem to get any joy on coop or shareplay on ‘the other game’. So he’s going to buy it and we will game share so we can play purely online coop together.

Like Mikhail, for me, it will be this for online co op, pro offline single player.

I’m hoping I enjoy it as much as Mikhail is. Haven’t had a good coop experience since pre patch fifa 16. When you *could and had to play proper football online. No one could touch us up until the patch and then Mcdribble fest and co seemed to be on grass dribbling rings around us while our defenders had slippers on skidding on ice. If you can find anyone to game share, I would recommend it because this year we have both bought one game each instead of 4 games being bought.

I really like the sliders @goalgerd

I changed sprint to 43/43 and acc to 44/44 I think. I play full manual, broadcast cam, 10 mins, normal speed (that's a first) and they transform the game. Thank you.
Thanks, i just always give my players the extra speed boost to get rid of the catch up bug but it doesn't seem to be there this year so will level those up

I more I play this the more I appreciate the new animations on the ball and the players, it's only when you slow it down you see there are some lovely new contextual animations for every type of situation

Watching spurs v bayern is like watching fifa 20

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom