FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Can anybody please remind me the line to add to the locale.ini to make all colors and lighting like champions league games? Something with regionalization.

Thanks

Why? Because two of their goals were from me trying to mark the guy making a run in the middle, chasing him all the way, then switching to press the ball carrier and... the bloke I was doing the chasing with decides to stop, dead, at the edge of the box, look to the sky, and ponder if there is life on other planets.

It's not okay, that's so far from realism. I can't be okay with that. It's that online skill gap stuff, infecting an offline mode based on recreating real life. If we just had the option of switching AI defenders back on, so they can do their job and not be actual mannequins unless they're human controlled, I'd be pretty happy.

.. I mean this shouldn't be ok for online players, for arcade lovers, for everyone wishing to have a functional game. Having your defender just stop dead when you switch to another isn't justifiable at all. It's just bad programming or a general very, very bad idea if it was voluntarily.

It’s a conspiracy I tell you.
They mess it up this year so have an excuse to remove it or have a basic mode for the first next gen version next year and add old features as new each yearly release once again for the latest generation as per usual

Watford 5 - 0 Man United. That was my career mode game on Ultimate against Ole's Drunk at the wheel boys..... The match was far too easy and I didn't have to get out of second gear to win it.

the most annoying thing is I hear from a reliable souce (a good friend of mine) that FUT appears to be in really good shape this year so looks as though Career Mode and modes that don't contain FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM are secondary thoughts.... so annoying EA.... so annoying.

Also this ricocheting nonsense where sometimes you have to try and win the ball 5, 6, 7 times.... is crap and is one big annoyance from FIFA 19 that has carried over.

Watford 5 - 0 Man United. That was my career mode game on Ultimate against Ole's Drunk at the wheel boys..... The match was far too easy and I didn't have to get out of second gear to win it.

the most annoying thing is I hear from a reliable souce (a good friend of mine) that FUT appears to be in really good shape this year so looks as though Career Mode and modes that don't contain FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM are secondary thoughts.... so annoying EA.... so annoying.

Also this ricocheting nonsense where sometimes you have to try and win the ball 5, 6, 7 times.... is crap and is one big annoyance from FIFA 19 that has carried over.
Was this on slow by any chance?

I'm struggling to enjoy the game, because I really hate the AI's ability to ping-pong (due to everything being sped up, including their reactions) on "normal" - and fiddling with sliders isn't helping, because the adjustments are so big they start to break the game.

But on "slow", the "stutter bug" (where the AI defenders seem to flicker between "chase" and "back off" so you just run straight past them), as pointed out by @mfmaxpower / @Matt10, is really difficult to remove. I've tried boosting the AI's speed attributes but it doesn't seem to help them defensively.

I'm struggling to enjoy the game, because I really hate the AI's ability to ping-pong (due to everything being sped up, including their reactions) on "normal" - and fiddling with sliders isn't helping, because the adjustments are so big they start to break the game.

But on "slow", the "stutter bug" (where the AI defenders seem to flicker between "chase" and "back off" so you just run straight past them), as pointed out by @mfmaxpower / @Matt10, is really difficult to remove. I've tried boosting the AI's speed attributes but it doesn't seem to help them defensively.
I play it on Normal mate as I find Slow to be too slow if that makes sense.

I have tried playing a few more games on FIFA at the weekend and have come to the conclusion that the game only seems really broken when playing with top teams.

I played 3 games Man Utd v Liverpool and noticed during these games the CPU does some very weird leg breaking gymnastics at nearly every opportunity and the game speed is ridiculous even on SLOW.
The game just plays like your playing FUT the CPU is constantly doing drag backs back flips, there was even one situation where Firmino was clean through and the CPU done a stupid flick and volley, which the keeper saved.
Staying on keepers it seems due to the fundamental broken defending EA have countered this by making the keepers super human, I have never seen the keepers this good in any football game in the past.
I noticed the Chris Davies bug where for some reason against top teams the AI is almost designed to not pressure defenders so I kept passing to Linderlof and every time managed to run the ball to the edge of the box to through ball it to a striker for a glorious chance which the keeper would always save.
I don't like playing the game online for the reasons above, ping pong passing, constant flicks and back heels - But I guess this brings the FUT crowd to maybe play the game offline.

However I also tried the game in League 2, and the game speed was noticeable alot slower and nearly the kind of speed I want, although would still like it a little slower.
But the main thing is the CPU never does or tries any flicks, and when trying long balls it mis-passes the ball.
The animations don't appear broken because they don't try flicks constantly.
So although the game plays better, there are other issues it is way too easy to dominate the play I had 74% possession in one game and 68% in the other, both ended in very comfortable 2-0 wins.
In League Two I am also seeing CPU fouls, which is an absolutely unheard off when playing Premier League games.

So I am finding the game to be much better using lower league teams and I reckon if I tried League 1 or Championship the game play might actually be bang on, from being too easy to out right arcardy.

I am still waiting for the game to be patched before starting a career mode as there are some game breakers at the moment, the obvious Career Mode bug, but also I can't believe a full month after the transfer window shut, major transfers have not been completed and a lot of player ratings are still based on FIFA 19.

I would recommend those really hating the game to try League Two on Legendary and see what you think.

Not sure how you guys think this game is easy. On full manual, playing exhibition games with a slight tweak of sliders the Computer can be a right bastard to beat. I played Bournemouth three times last night with Leicester and Liverpool twice and lost all three 2-0.

The cpu sits of you until you get into their half and then they make it really difficult to go around them. Also being on full manual means your passing has to be on point.

Theres no good moaning if the game is easy if you are getting controlled assists!

I suppose the main dev team is working on the next-gen game (hopefully new engine too) and they let this one to secondary teams/newbie devs, but man, they could have made it less obvious. I don't remember all these bugs in previous FIFA releases.

Chris, at some point you should post some video of these ping-pong goals you're seeing so much of. I feel quite the opposite - I've been really impressed with the CPU's attacking play, and for the first time that I can remember I'm rarely seeing a bunch of OP first-touch play from the CPU, with the exception of the elite teams (and even then I'm not finding those passages of play especially unrealistic or OP like in years past).

I'm at the point now where the only bad goals I'm seeing from the CPU are rebound goals, with sometimes the rare fuck over by your AI not doing what they need to do. Otherwise the only goals I concede are ones I screwed up in marking.

Not sure how you guys think this game is easy. On full manual, playing exhibition games with a slight tweak of sliders the Computer can be a right bastard to beat. I played Bournemouth three times last night with Leicester and Liverpool twice and lost all three 2-0.

The cpu sits of you until you get into their half and then they make it really difficult to go around them. Also being on full manual means your passing has to be on point.

Theres no good moaning if the game is easy if you are getting controlled assists!
But then if you play Manual... the stats of the players then doesn't mean what it should do!! for instance you will start getting the best passers in world football firing awful passes because you are using Manual?

I think we have every right to moan FFS! prior to FIFA 17 the game was difficult on Legendary (with assists!!) now.... now its a joke and its NOTHING to do with assists!

I'm loving the gameplay with some slight slider adjustments. On World Class, you will have issues with bursting if you try to purposely burst a lot. That's just how it's been in 15 and 16, and at some points in 18 and 19 - all on World Class difficulty. On legendary and ultimate, it should not happen as often.

This is from my stream over the weekend, start at about 38 minutes for when the sliders were determined, and you know it's solid when I don't change any sliders afterwards for the next matches.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/487537757

But then if you play Manual... the stats of the players then doesn't mean what it should do!! for instance you will start getting the best passers in world football firing awful passes because you are using Manual?

I think we have every right to moan FFS! prior to FIFA 17 the game was difficult on Legendary (with assists!!) now.... now its a joke and its NOTHING to do with assists!

Maybe, but then you cant moan if the game is too easy if everything is assisting you can you? And I don't fully agree, although im manual, I would imagine using VDV for a long ball compared to Gomez will give you a higher percentage rate of success of pulling off the pass if you judge the power and direction correctly.

Personally I play the game on Semi passing and shooting..
As I find the game with full auto even easier, as every pass is pin point and pretty much every shot goes on target - Playing on full auto pretty much takes all the player stats out of the equation.

I think I will need to test the game on normal game speed, but on slow the game is so incredibly easy and the CPU just doesn't know how to attack.
I went 4 games in a row without the CPU even having a shot on target.

I'm loving the gameplay with some slight slider adjustments. On World Class, you will have issues with bursting if you try to purposely burst a lot. That's just how it's been in 15 and 16, and at some points in 18 and 19 - all on World Class difficulty. On legendary and ultimate, it should not happen as often.

This is from my stream over the weekend, start at about 38 minutes for when the sliders were determined, and you know it's solid when I don't change any sliders afterwards for the next matches.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/487537757

Cheers Matt. I used your sliders as a base but you are right that didn't need a lot of adjusting from the default. I think the CPU plays a decent game. I wasn't sure at first but the more ive played the more animations and scrappy bits of play ive seen and I love it, the game has such variation. I don't know if that changes in any other modes other than exhibition though, I don't have the time for careers

Personally I play the game on Semi passing and shooting..
As I find the game with full auto even easier, as every pass is pin point and pretty much every shot goes on target - Playing on full auto pretty much takes all the player stats out of the equation.

I think I will need to test the game on normal game speed, but on slow the game is so incredibly easy and the CPU just doesn't know how to attack.
I went 4 games in a row without the CPU even having a shot on target.

Full auto? Fully assisted you mean?

Full auto? Fully assisted you mean?

Fully assisted sorry...
With everything fully assisted the game is a piece of piss, you can easily end games with 80%+ possession, as there is no errors in the passing.

Even with teams as shit as Exeter you end with 95% passing accuracy, makes passing stats completely irrelevant.
But then I also find the same with full manual, it depends on how well you have mastered the passing, than the stats of the players.

This is also another reason why I don't play online, as every single person plays the game on full auto.

(I would love to have some semi/full manual games online with other people on PC)

Maybe, but then you cant moan if the game is too easy if everything is assisting you can you? And I don't fully agree, although im manual, I would imagine using VDV for a long ball compared to Gomez will give you a higher percentage rate of success of pulling off the pass if you judge the power and direction correctly.
We can complain! You didn't fully read my post. BEFORE FIFA 17 the game on Legendary (which was the highest difficulty setting) was difficult regardless as to whether you used assists or not. Since then its been a joke in terms of difficulty on the supposed "Hardest Level".

I have had this whole manual debate before, to me it makes the game less realistic because all of a sudden I will start spraying passes miles away from their intended target which just isn't realistic for top level football players.

Cheers Matt. I used your sliders as a base but you are right that didn't need a lot of adjusting from the default. I think the CPU plays a decent game. I wasn't sure at first but the more ive played the more animations and scrappy bits of play ive seen and I love it, the game has such variation. I don't know if that changes in any other modes other than exhibition though, I don't have the time for careers

Yeah, it definitely transfers into CM as well. Quite enjoyable with those little scraps and even more in the box. I love that FIFA20 kept the defenders staying in the attack on set pieces to create those types of events.

Read that EA are on the case to patch all the crappy bugs console wise but there is no timescale for this, the next upcoming patch will not include any fixes to CM.

So I'll wait it out a couple of months with 19.

Read that EA are on the case to patch all the crappy bugs console wise but there is no timescale for this
"All" is a stretch. I'll be amazed if they fix much beyond the AI picking terrible teams. Just today, there's a new bug - celebrating players holding an invisible trophy above their heads. There's no chance in hell they'll fix all this stuff.

I know that guy.
I'd say go with Paulv2k which is the link I provided for you a few days ago.
This guy (Lewis AKA FIFER) copies from Paul. If you want the real thing, go with Paul's.
Noted!

Lads Im trying the extremes now with the sliders and when I put the formation marking on 100 suddenly now there's lots of contact between players fouls and yellow cards, try it yourselves
For me injurys and fouls are important. I play on legendary. Injurys are 66/ 66 and 18/18. Marking is 76/76. I enjoy it. Other sliders I haven’t changed yet.

@Chuny, did you get the game as yet?

One day you've mentioned about a new editing tool that is going to be developed for FIFA 20 (and other Frosty games supported), however someone on soccergaming mentioned about Frosty Editor to be updated soon as the structure of FIFA 20's files are quite similar to 19s, so there is no need to re-implement Frosty tool from scratch again.

Do you have any information of which tool will be available this year to edit F20? Modding footy games is too good to play it as it comes originally!

I hate this argument, it’s ridiculous.

None of us played manual in the old days. It’s crept into football gaming over the last 10 years or so and I find the ‘FUMA’ crowd can be incredibly rude to anyone who doesn’t embrace the control scheme (not aimed at anyone here, just in general).

STATS should do the talking on a football game. NOT how long I hold the button down for/hold a stick in the direction.

And does FUMA change the way the AI plays? NO! Does it make the CPU attack me more or be ruthless? No. Does it make the CPU AI centre backs defend like Premier League CBs instead of League 2 defenders who behave like they’ve been on the ale all night? No!

So why should I hinder myself just to make the game challenging?

It’s lazy, poor coding from EA. This FUMA argument needs to die a death, I’m sick of it.

Back
Top Bottom