FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

This game is absolutely broken. I'm playing semi assisted on legendary and can literally walk the ball in practically unchallenged. Not actually even trying and this is coming from someone who isn't that comfortable playing FIFA having played PES all year.

This game is absolutely broken. I'm playing semi assisted on legendary and can literally walk the ball in practically unchallenged. Not actually even trying and this is coming from someone who isn't that comfortable playing FIFA having played PES all year.

Are you playing slow speed? Just tried normal and it’s much harder to do

Got the game in a good place, knocked User and CPU to 48 on, Acceleration, Sprint, Pass Speed, First touch Error this is on normal speed and it’s not buggy like slow speed

Just found out the transfer update was cancelled and reverted back to the default squads because the new transfers bugged out the game too, so what most people did was download the updated transfers then updated a second time back to default squads, if you update the second time your squads will go back and you'll lose your 3rd kits from Nike etc

The difference between the two is crazy. I thought I was fucking going nuts, but after playing this on Slow I see exactly what you've been talking about. It's awful.

And I mean, really really awful.

Maybe playing on Normal - with sliders if you don't like default - is the only way to go. So weird.

Yeah on slow the issues do arise more often. Which is why we balance them out with Sprint discrepancy of 50/52, paired up with some other values. The CPU basically gives up, or takes terrible angles. The game isn't tested on slow, so if you are going to play that speed, sliders have to play a role in combatting some of the shortcomings. Like anything in FIFA, it's about what sacrifice are you wanting to make.

Yeah on slow the issues do arise more often. Which is why we balance them out with Sprint discrepancy of 50/52, paired up with some other values. The CPU basically gives up, or takes terrible angles. The game isn't tested on slow, so if you are going to play that speed, sliders have to play a role in combatting some of the shortcomings. Like anything in FIFA, it's about what sacrifice are you wanting to make.

Something just seems really... wrong though. There's always differences in how Slow plays, but this is another level. It's almost like different AI.

FIFA changed the Marking stat this year to Defensive Awareness. My guess is this change is linked to the defensive overhaul, and how they've made awareness almost an off/off binary code or something. This causes issues on Normal game speed, but it's almost like that stat and the new system they've build around it is actually bugged on Slow game speed.

Funny thing about it is that it reminds me of the Early Access gameplay, which I played on Normal and absolutely hated. Totally understand why people were thinking this is awful.

I played 5 games with normal speed on champion and legend, it's look right now ok. No more rush beside the Line.
So much fun on this game. I've got tones of cpu fouls. Really enjoy it.
I want correct carreer mode and last transfert file right now!

I’ve spent a few hours in FUT this evening. First time I’ve touched the mode since FIFA 14.

Anyway, had some great matches in Squad Battles. It’s VERY challenging in Legendary. Too scared to even try Ultimate. Seeing lots of ‘Icon’ players though which annoys me.

What also annoys me is how polished, challenging and well crafted FUT is. It’s like EA simply don’t give a rat’s about any other mode. Even Seasons is still the same tired old concept so the only way I’m able to enjoy this right now is FUT (and I never thought I’d say that) and Co-Op Seasons when friends are available.

I’ve spent a few hours in FUT this evening. First time I’ve touched the mode since FIFA 14.

Anyway, had some great matches in Squad Battles. It’s VERY challenging in Legendary. Too scared to even try Ultimate. Seeing lots of ‘Icon’ players though which annoys me.

What also annoys me is how polished, challenging and well crafted FUT is. It’s like EA simply don’t give a rat’s about any other mode. Even Seasons is still the same tired old concept so the only way I’m able to enjoy this right now is FUT (and I never thought I’d say that) and Co-Op Seasons when friends are available.
Played 5-10 on 19 (a month ago or so)
Fucking hated it,6 min games and fast as hell.
But I guess it's the only way to enjoy it,might get used to it.
But it's a crazy grind

Hopefully the squad selection issue should be an easy fix as I’ve heard (not tested) as it’s only a problem if your a smaller club and the AI is playing a weakened side as such but if you play as Liverpool etc they will play their full strength side.
If so they can just remove that programming logic and change it to best available option

My videos on Champion-Legend - Normal speed

Bourmouth Brighton Vitesse Normale Champion

Schalke 04 Glasgow Rangers Vitesse normale Champion

Arsenal - Athético Madrid
https://youtu.be/77mj7876Gjg

OL - AS St Etienne
https://youtu.be/nuQ6TYiseT4
https://youtu.be/lHcQmfb92nU
https://youtu.be/-wmKznwhLlY
Realistics statistics for this match

France - Uruguay - Legend normal speed
https://youtu.be/7sQyLcsdrQ0
https://youtu.be/kE3lXhraRY4
Is Champion (in French) Legendary (in English), and Legend (in French) Ultimate (in English)? For reference, Ultimate is the hardest difficulty in the game, in English.

Just want to make sure!

Something I've realized using a second controller to set the CPU's lineup prior to each match is that we're definitely not getting the best out of the CPU when we don't do this. Main thing is how teams have player instructions set to their default lineup, so if the CPU team is playing anyone who's not the original player for that position, the player instructions might be screwed up and not what they should be.

Really sucks that we'd need to do this manually, but it is impactful when you do and makes for much better games.

Is Champion (in French) Legendary (in English), and Legend (in French) Ultimate (in English)? For reference, Ultimate is the hardest difficulty in the game, in English.

Just want to make sure!
Yes I know it mate. Legend=Legendary.
Ultimate is only available on career mode. I only played kick off matches
I have recorded some videos on One X with slow speed and Champion.
GK are really greats.

Portugal - Italy Xbox One X
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/6841e29f-28b8-42ed-bf8c-684d963e3400
Bayer 04 - Dusselldorf
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/80724dc7-ef14-4caa-9bc7-6a4b7628eb4b
Manchester City - All star MLS
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/403de896-a1ef-4487-baf5-c94c6bde944a
OL - Crystal Palace
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/36c7784d-9b88-4a7d-8149-6672cdc75376
Manchester United - Liverpool
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/033015d1-f6c3-4d11-8dce-67e650a583c3

Last edited:
Hopefully the squad selection issue should be an easy fix as I’ve heard (not tested) as it’s only a problem if your a smaller club and the AI is playing a weakened side as such but if you play as Liverpool etc they will play their full strength side.
If so they can just remove that programming logic and change it to best available option
I wouldn't hold my breath since it's been a bug for 4 straight games,and got reported way back on FIFA 17,they even released a pitch note on it way back then that they were aware of it!

But the fire under EAs asses right now is pretty massive,Shure they will fix it,and a hundred other things,they really can't get away with it now

Well I just tested the game on normal speed and what do you know, @mfmaxpower is totally right. The game plays much better and I even got the CPU to foul me 4 times which wasn't happening on slow speed. Matt, I am using your sliders, what changes should I make if I am going to play on normal speed? Thanks for your help.

Something I've realized using a second controller to set the CPU's lineup prior to each match is that we're definitely not getting the best out of the CPU when we don't do this. Main thing is how teams have player instructions set to their default lineup, so if the CPU team is playing anyone who's not the original player for that position, the player instructions might be screwed up and not what they should be.

Really sucks that we'd need to do this manually, but it is impactful when you do and makes for much better games.
Wish we had the option,like on 2k to do that on ALL fixtures.
If it's a great solution and the CPU plays better,it's such a shame that we can't set up all games that way,pretty easy and doesn't take that long.
Right now it's a band aid on a broken bone

The craziest thing is that we can fix it by our own in five minutes for the PC version (when Frosty Editor is released). Honestly it's one value you must change for every league and cup and everything is correct. It's the same file since FIFA 13.

Well I just tested the game on normal speed and what do you know, @mfmaxpower is totally right. The game plays much better and I even got the CPU to foul me 4 times which wasn't happening on slow speed. Matt, I am using your sliders, what changes should I make if I am going to play on normal speed? Thanks for your help.

Have to lower the Sprint value in particular because of how fast normal plays. 35 is a good start, then just make sure you can't burst past the CPU.

Something just seems really... wrong though. There's always differences in how Slow plays, but this is another level. It's almost like different AI.

FIFA changed the Marking stat this year to Defensive Awareness. My guess is this change is linked to the defensive overhaul, and how they've made awareness almost an off/off binary code or something. This causes issues on Normal game speed, but it's almost like that stat and the new system they've build around it is actually bugged on Slow game speed.

Funny thing about it is that it reminds me of the Early Access gameplay, which I played on Normal and absolutely hated. Totally understand why people were thinking this is awful.

Compared to anything that's been released on frostbite, right, it is wrong. These bursting issues are legacy issues from FIFA 15 and 16. As soon as they mentioned that they were going to focus more 1v1, I was concerned. Then, the prepatched version of the beta was so amazing and I wasn't as concerned. The second they patched it though, this is what happened.

If you look at who the defenders are looking at, they are indeed looking the ball carrier, but they choose to hit a very late angle, and then on top of that they give up.

I will say though, with a Sprint discrepancy on slow, it definitely helps. In my stream earlier, I played 5 matches and not one of them had any significant issues.

Pace abuse is back this year. I get that people want faster players to be effective but not to the point where every ball through to them leads to a potential 1v1 situation.

The AI moves your defenders forward at times even though your tactics are set to a move defensive style, this is in turn leaves gaps for opposition players using Aubameyang, Salah etc.

Not going to do this,since this game has a billion other bugs,and not loving the gameplay either.
But,as a Pes player I pretty much take 2-20 hours fixing stuff each installment,(stadiums/tactics etc etc) and before starting a career in FIFA,where most of your games will be Vs 19 other teams,why not getting rid of all scrubs on every team in your league?
Even getting rid of scrubs for 10 teams in the league under you?

That would probably get the CPU teams in a better shape.
I usually do that when playing player career,since the CPU manager plays scrubs quite often.
Just a tip!

Oh man. Switching this to "normal" speed (with pace and pass speed turned down to 40-45) has brought it to life, I've got to say. It seems to have fixed a lot of the weird physics situations I was having too.

Been playing for the last few hours. The absolute highlight was (as Villa) being humbled 4-1 at home by Everton, for not being more defensive from the off, and for going even more attacking in the second half. The end of match stats, other than fouls (two), were really good too. Only five shots each, the lowest I've seen in FIFA 20 so far.

But it was the highlight of the day *and* the game that made me turn it off.

Why? Because two of their goals were from me trying to mark the guy making a run in the middle, chasing him all the way, then switching to press the ball carrier and... the bloke I was doing the chasing with decides to stop, dead, at the edge of the box, look to the sky, and ponder if there is life on other planets.

It's not okay, that's so far from realism. I can't be okay with that. It's that online skill gap stuff, infecting an offline mode based on recreating real life. If we just had the option of switching AI defenders back on, so they can do their job and not be actual mannequins unless they're human controlled, I'd be pretty happy.

But I get the feeling the next patch will really mess things up. I'm struggling on Ultimate now, as I should be, and one of the notes they responded to on Twitter is "makf Ultimate harder". Which will turn it back into FIFA 19's fully ping-pong bullshit (which still happens in 20, but just when you play the best teams).

...all of this is ignoring the huge CM bugs, obviously. It's worse than ever. After five games Man City are bottom on three points and Norwich are running away with the league. A common theme, it seems. But we know all that already, and fixes have been promised. (Just like they were promised in the build-up to release. In black and white. So I'll believe it when I see it.)

Are the squads not updated on this yet? What the hell is going on this year?
They were, but there was a bug, so it's been retracted.

It's a total mess this year, they've really screwed up. Squads aren't updated, Career Mode is a total wreck, and the FUT guys are moaning that they've not got something-or-other that they're supposed to have received by now.

Even the non-gaming press have started reporting the Career Mode problems though. Fingers crossed this whole debacle means a rethink for next year.

They were, but there was a bug, so it's been retracted.

It's a total mess this year, they've really screwed up. Squads aren't updated, Career Mode is a total wreck, and the FUT guys are moaning that they've not got something-or-other that they're supposed to have received by now.

Even the non-gaming press have started reporting the Career Mode problems though. Fingers crossed this whole debacle means a rethink for next year.
Man that's just unbelievable. I expected this level of incompetence from Konami. I did not expect everything to be so messed up in Fifa. Regardless I am still enjoying the game so not sure what that says about me or the state of football games in general.

Back
Top Bottom