FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

This is a lie and you know it.

First, Konami never released a game with Master League in such a broken state. Reading some impressions on twitter you can't even use some edit mode functions or the mode completely breaks with overalls of players bugging.

Also, when in Pes there was a mode breaking bug like English teams releasing all their players and not buying anyone else, they fixed it in a month, with a patch.

I understand the usual "Konami is bad", "Konami trash" but let's report facts as they are.

The facts are with a team that is 10x times bigger than Konami's and with so many funds they could have tons of testers squashing every bug before even releasing the game, yet they don't care. They just release it as it is, hoping that people won't make as much noise, distracted by that new shiny FUT card.

took them 3 years between Pes 16 and Pes 19 just to address and add fouls in their game it was so bad they took foul tracking out of there half-time/full-time stats summary

when I first heard of this morale system and how the storyline would affect them
I knew it would be broken
I mean normally there is no way you would choose to answer badly to decrease morale LOL
those answers are easy to pick and the way it boosts the morale is just too easy
its just a kind of cheating because you know you can always increase morale by answering questions easily
I think sometimes you need to answer question badly on purpose in order to balance the morale
but its just stupid and nonsense

I can already see a "always insult your own team" challenge arise to make the game more difficult..

Jokes (?) aside.. do people who found it too easy/bland in the first hours still think the same (yeah, I know we are still in the first hours, just hungry for opinions and excuses to buy it I guess :D, even if I won't do it until they fix CM)?

I can already see a "always insult your own team" challenge arise to make the game more difficult..

Jokes (?) aside.. do people who found it too easy/bland in the first hours still think the same (yeah, I know we are still in the first hours, just hungry for opinions and excuses to buy it I guess :D, even if I won't do it until they fix CM)?

Career mode is broken until the patch arrives, the game is good playing volta and cup modes with sliders if you wanted to buy it now

.. do people who found it too easy/bland in the first hours still think the same (yeah, I know we are still in the first hours, just hungry for opinions and excuses to buy it I guess :D, even if I won't do it until they fix CM)?
Me, an hour ago.

My opinion is pretty much the same.

Me, an hour ago.

My opinion is pretty much the same.

So what was the result of the match? Are you playing with all default settings, or playing on Slow, using sliders, etc? Are you able to adjust the CPU lineups prematch?

I know some are saying it's too easy, but I'm bottom of the table and think I've only won one game in the last 8.

If it's just that I suck at FIFA all the sudden, then please let it stay this way cause I've never enjoyed FIFA (gameplay) so much.

So what was the result of the match? Are you playing with all default settings, or playing on Slow, using sliders, etc? Are you able to adjust the CPU lineups prematch?

I know some are saying it's too easy, but I'm bottom of the table and think I've only won one game in the last 8.

If it's just that I suck at FIFA all the sudden, then please let it stay this way cause I've never enjoyed FIFA (gameplay) so much.

You know I remember very clearly that you found Fifa 19 too easy, while for me and others like the same Chris if I recall correctly it was still challenging enough. That's why to me it's even weirder to hear roles are completely reversed now.

Does that stuff not happen in your own games? Like defenders giving away all that space, not marking an the such? Maybe it's a setting issue as you said, I don't know.

It's just so funny cause you're now making these videos which I was doing nonstop last year. Go figure...
:LOL: Yeah, it's crazy, right? No idea what's going on! Default sliders, on "slow" speed.

Tried "normal" last night after your comment that maybe game speed was effecting it but I really didn't like it, watching the Sheffield United v Liverpool game earlier after playing FIFA 20 on slow was a real eye-opener (as in, slow is still too fast - and it's the pass speed that's the main cause I think, but pass speed is so variable that slowing it down too much can really mess up general play, and can mess up the AI because you're suddenly intercepting a lot more of their passes).

It doesn't even matter if it's easy or hard, AI defenders are beyond stupid and broken, isn't that all that matters? Never mind the final result, conceding or scoring a couple of goals because the AI acts like this (don't know how often it happens after the volta patch, but I'll find out next week) is enough, the game is just laughable. I stopped playing 19 for similar reasons, not because I was finding it easy overall.

Last edited:
A mate of mine who I warned to hold off on the new FIFA (after I played last week) still bought it,and played his first CM as Villa Vs Spurs
He tweeted me this !
IMG_20190928_173654.jpg

It was bad last year,but not this bad!
This is game 1 of the season

A mate of mine who I warned to hold off on the new FIFA (after I played last week) still bought it,and played his first CM as Villa Vs Spurs
He tweeted me this !
View attachment 20848

It was bad last year,but not this bad!
This is game 1 of the season
Happens all the time mate. It’s game breaking.

I’m not going to connect a second controller and fix the CPU lineup before every single match - it’s a huge immersion breaker.

EA are amateurs. All that money, all of those resources - and they give us loyal customers this rubbish.

I’m not going to connect a second controller and fix the CPU lineup before every single match - it’s a huge immersion breaker.

EA are amateurs. All that money, all of those resources - and they give us loyal customers this rubbish.
Me neither,have no intention to sit with two controllers and fixing my 38 league games
Especially since there's 300+ CPU Vs CPU games being as fucked as this one.
But I didn't see this last year,as bad as this I mean.
Spurs lineup is insane

Me neither,have no intention to sit with two controllers and fixing my 38 league games
Especially since there's 300+ CPU Vs CPU games being as fucked as this one.
But I didn't see this last year,as bad as this I mean.
Spurs lineup is insane
Seriously mate don’t bother with this for single player. There’s absolutely no point.

:LOL: Yeah, it's crazy, right? No idea what's going on! Default sliders, on "slow" speed.

Tried "normal" last night after your comment that maybe game speed was effecting it but I really didn't like it, watching the Sheffield United v Liverpool game earlier after playing FIFA 20 on slow was a real eye-opener (as in, slow is still too fast - and it's the pass speed that's the main cause I think, but pass speed is so variable that slowing it down too much can really mess up general play, and can mess up the AI because you're suddenly intercepting a lot more of their passes).

I can now confirm, it's Slow gamespeed that's breaking the game.

I started a Champions League match on all default settings and it was the usual gameplay that I'm not used to (and loving). Played for about 20 minutes of gametime and it was tough.

I closed the game and restarted the save, this time playing the same match but on Slow. On just about my first attack I scored this (sorry, skip to 4:12 to see it).

I have not seen this at all on Normal game speed. I have not had this happen once. Normal game speed certainly has some issues, but nothing like this.

I know it's frustrating, but this literally takes 2 minutes before each match. And by doing so, you actually get to gameplan for the other team, so not sure how it breaks immersion; a little bit the opposite I'd say.

I used to hate the idea of having to do this, but with the overhaul of player positioning, tactics and formations are more important than ever, and I'm enjoying being able to set up realistic tactical matches that the CPU never does on its own.

I've never really done this before, but I might actually keep doing this, even if/when they patch the lineups.

I know it's frustrating, but this literally takes 2 minutes before each match. And by doing so, you actually get to gameplan for the other team, so not sure how it breaks immersion; a little bit the opposite I'd say.

I used to hate the idea of having to do this, but with the overhaul of player positioning, tactics and formations are more important than ever, and I'm enjoying being able to set up realistic tactical matches that the CPU never does on its own.

I've never really done this before, but I might actually keep doing this, even if/when they patch the lineups.
I respect your point mate but the whole point of playing career mode for me is to pit my wits against the CPU’s lineup and tactics.

I’m simply not going to setup the CPU’s team as well, I just couldn’t get enjoyment from that.

I can now confirm, it's Slow gamespeed that's breaking the game.

I started a Champions League match on all default settings and it was the usual gameplay that I'm not used to (and loving). Played for about 20 minutes of gametime and it was tough.

I closed the game and restarted the save, this time playing the same match but on Slow. On just about my first attack I scored this (sorry, skip to 4:12 to see it).

I have not seen this at all on Normal game speed. I have not had this happen once. Normal game speed certainly has some issues, but nothing like this.
What the hell. It almost looks like - but surely can't be - that the AI's pace is set to "slow" while yours is set to "normal".

Damn. I really don't like the speed on "normal" either. Could try dropping pace for human and AI down to 20 or something, I guess - along with pass speed dropping to 40 maybe - but... It'll break the gameplay. (But that's happening on "slow" anyway, I guess.)

@Matt10 - what are your thoughts on this one?

I respect your point mate but the whole point of playing career mode for me is to pit my wits against the CPU’s lineup and tactics.

I’m simply not going to setup the CPU’s team as well, I just couldn’t get enjoyment from that.

Fair enough, and hopefully they'll patch it soon so you don't need to bother.

My point is just that neither game does much prematch gameplanning by the CPU, so if you really want the best out of the game, setting up the CPU to approach each game how they would IRL can be fun.

But yeah, hopefully it gets patched soon.

What the hell. It almost looks like - but surely can't be - that the AI's pace is set to "slow" while yours is set to "normal".

Damn. I really don't like the speed on "normal" either. Could try dropping pace for human and AI down to 20 or something, I guess - along with pass speed dropping to 40 maybe - but... It'll break the gameplay. (But that's happening on "slow" anyway, I guess.)

@Matt10 - what are your thoughts on this one?

The difference between the two is crazy. I thought I was fucking going nuts, but after playing this on Slow I see exactly what you've been talking about. It's awful.

And I mean, really really awful.

Maybe playing on Normal - with sliders if you don't like default - is the only way to go. So weird.

Been playing this on Slow for the past 20 minutes and I've scored more goals than I scored total in the last two days of my CM playing at Normal game speed.

Really enjoying gameplay (on Normal!) but my god, the issues surrounding this game are just unreal. They clearly can't handle a yearly release schedule.

Back
Top Bottom