FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Yeah all offline modes are a mess, there is a stutter when running against AI it’s like for a split second they try and jockey you, by that time you are long gone, truly awful where the hell was any testing of any kind?

I didn't realize you can even watch the ai play itself lol. Yeah, this game is def not set up to play like a sim, so for sure just watching the AI play wouldn't be good. They were def true to their word for putting the power in our hands, not the AI.

Like, here's some awful AI. Why the fuck is Fornals not doing shit? Makes zero sense from a football context:

But here's the thing. Last year had bad AI, and it led to goals, easy wins, and a poor overall experience. I was trouncing the EPL with a squad that didn't rate above 75.

This year though, despite this passive AI, it's actually pretty well balanced once you get the hang of it. Sprint jockey is critical to mark the CPU for example. And despite the passive AI, I've not scored more than two goals in the EPL playing as palace; I've only had two "goal fests" and those were against top teams that schooled me. Even with that example above, I didn't score.

The way the AI is programmed to literally switch off once you get pass a line is really odd and frustrating, but it's well balanced overall and doesn't fuck up outcomes. No doubt the sim crowd will hate this, but as an overall gameplay experience IMO it's way better than before.

Didn't realise you can set it to CPU vs CPU? Its the only way to judge CPU AI properly, as anyone playing the game against the CPU AI cannot possibly be in a position to judge it.

And for the record, I mostly watch CPU CPU, and at first with the demo I didnt like it one bit, but after I raised that Broadcast cam up high with Cheat Engine, and witnessed CPU CPU on the full game (trial, not paid for this yet....), the organicness, the sheer lifelike decision making of the player on the ball (albeit with FIFA still having fairly shitte animations at times, they must surely sometime soon get them better than this....), I have seen some wonderful moves, and have never seen a single "samey" goal at any stage, all the goals they have scored have been unique.

Same goes for Volta too, sitting back watching CPU CPU on that, which 95% of people will never do.........shows just how intelligent the AI has become, not only the organic skills they are doing of course (most of which vary within the trick itself so you hardly ever see the exact same player animation vs ball spin/path outcome's), but the positioning around the small pitch, the intelligent use of the walls for rebounds and the clever as hell shielding of the ball using the body so realistically....

Anyway, I've said enough, if no-one is interested in witnessing this, fair play to them.

And for the record I love PES 2020 this year too, especially with the PC version mods flying around to improve it organically as well.

• AI teams dressing low OVR rated lineups in inappropriate situations
  • Dev Response: While we have made improvements this year to lineup selections, especially with respect to how the team is chosen when formation changes are made, we have also heard the feedback that people are still seeing situations where a weaker starting 11 is chosen than should be. We are currently investigating a fix that will allow for better accuracy when determining match importance and how it relates to the AI line-up algorithm. We need to also ensure that any changes in this area do not have a negative impact in other Career Mode systems.

Great news about it being worked on, but when you read the above it just confirms they have outright lied to us about being fixed in this game before hand.

surely they will patch and fix those bugs
but when.........:ZZZ:
the career mode is totally broken right now
won't buy the game until they fix bugs and increase the ai difficulty

Please EA - please make it harder, it’s so important.

Even more important to be a bit specific about the defending AI which is dreadful. If they make the cpu score a couple of bicycle kicks from the halfway line that would be mission accomplished but then the game would be even worse.

Even more important to be a bit specific about the defending AI which is dreadful. If they make the cpu score a couple of bicycle kicks from the halfway line that would be mission accomplished but then the game would be even worse.
Very true.

I’m done with single player gaming I think mate. It’s not worth the hassle anymore.

Thoughts after s couple of games...

I'm gobsmacked at how super responsive it is.....but in a bad way. There is zero inertia between the players and the pitch. Players feel really light and can twist and turn on a dime without any thought to foot placement or body momentum.

At times it feels like ice hockey and at times it feels like you are playing on concrete. The way the ball bounces from simple 10 yard ground passes. It has a weird bobble that you would only really experience playing Sunday league. The bobble doesn't cause any inconvenience, it is purely aesthetic.....which again makes it worse.

The camera angles are still terrible. What's the point in being able to customise a camera view when the zoom option zooms in by .1 of a millimetre?

Aesthetically the game is amazing. Presentation wise, lighting wise it looks brilliant but I feel like it needs a lot of work doing to the core gameplay to make it actually playable for those who wish to play a realistic game offline.

I keep dipping in and out, trying to like it.

Started a career as Aston Villa. I turn up. Jack Grealish says, I don't know, hi. I say "nice to meet you" and suddenly team morale goes from 5/10 to 7/10.

Immediately stupid, but anyway.

First game against Tottenham. Lose 2-0. Morale drops to about 5/10. Good.

Post-match interview. "Disappointed?" "No, not really, Tottenham are a better team than us." Morale shoots to 9/10 and now every player bar one has massive attribute boosts.

Exactly the same as 19, where you could lose five games in a row but half your players would get positive form arrows and every match becomes a piece of piss.

Fuck off, EA. Seriously. You promised so much for Career Mode this year, half of it you simply lied about fixing, and there are immediately 20 serious bugs - and shit like this, which isn't a bug, it's just shit, so you'll never fix it. And you think we should be grateful.

They aren't even fucking trying. And I'm supposed to get invested in this game somehow?

Hey be thankful it’s EA if it were Konami the fix would be called EFootball 2021

This is a lie and you know it.

First, Konami never released a game with Master League in such a broken state. Reading some impressions on twitter you can't even use some edit mode functions or the mode completely breaks with overalls of players bugging.

Also, when in Pes there was a mode breaking bug like English teams releasing all their players and not buying anyone else, they fixed it in a month, with a patch.

I understand the usual "Konami is bad", "Konami trash" but let's report facts as they are.

The facts are with a team that is 10x times bigger than Konami's and with so many funds they could have tons of testers squashing every bug before even releasing the game, yet they don't care. They just release it as it is, hoping that people won't make as much noise, distracted by that new shiny FUT card.

This is a lie and you know it.

First, Konami never released a game with Master League in such a broken state. Reading some impressions on twitter you can't even use some edit mode functions or the mode completely breaks with overalls of players bugging.

Also, when in Pes there was a mode breaking bug like English teams releasing all their players and not buying anyone else, they fixed it in a month, with a patch.

I understand the usual "Konami is bad", "Konami trash" but let's report facts as they are.

The facts are with a team that is 10x times bigger than Konami's and with so many funds they could have tons of testers squashing every bug before even releasing the game, yet they don't care. They just release it as it is, hoping that people won't make as much noise, distracted by that new shiny FUT card.
Yeah but we get league themed backgrounds where the players stand on a shiny floor so it's great, they care.

Yeah but we get league themed backgrounds where the players stand on a shiny floor so it's great, they care.

There is this weird priority to everything that is shiny in Fifa. They give TV broadcast feel much more importance than the actual functional mode and content.

Must be the worst cock up in sports gaming ever this.
Not being able to sorting out starting lineups.
Remember questioning FIFA's kits a few years back and that badges not being changed when relegated/promoted.
Got the answer "it's a licence issue mate"
Quite sure they just didn't know how to do it.

But this is clown school stuff,not being able to sort out a simple thing like this.
Don't most sport games have a function for users (hum) that lets you automatically set up your best lineup?
"By ability" or "by form"?
That's how I set up my team,"by ability" and then make adjustments from that.
This is unbelievable!
#fixcareermode

Played one more game. You know what, adjusting sliders a bit, I enjoyed it. Won 2-1. But then, after the game, I'm interviewed.

This is my SECOND MATCH. Morale is now 9/10. That should be reserved for being in the top three of the league after ten games or something. Make me work for it.

Look at the attribute boosts every - single - player (including substitutes I've never played) has now.

There may be a way around this - after matches, you can select "continue" and skip the press conference.

In other words, skip one of this year's biggest new features. Because it breaks the game.

Fucking shambles - and because everyone wants to feel like a winner and wants their players to be on top form all the time without having to work for it, it's not something they'll ever fix.

I keep dipping in and out, trying to like it.

Started a career as Aston Villa. I turn up. Jack Grealish says, I don't know, hi. I say "nice to meet you" and suddenly team morale goes from 5/10 to 7/10.

Immediately stupid, but anyway.

First game against Tottenham. Lose 2-0. Morale drops to about 5/10. Good.

Post-match interview. "Disappointed?" "No, not really, Tottenham are a better team than us." Morale shoots to 9/10 and now every player bar one has massive attribute boosts.

Exactly the same as 19, where you could lose five games in a row but half your players would get positive form arrows and every match becomes a piece of piss.

Fuck off, EA. Seriously. You promised so much for Career Mode this year, half of it you simply lied about fixing, and there are immediately 20 serious bugs - and shit like this, which isn't a bug, it's just shit, so you'll never fix it. And you think we should be grateful.

They aren't even fucking trying. And I'm supposed to get invested in this game somehow?
It’s not worth going back to try and enjoy in single player. It’s a mess, it’s a shambolic mess.

the biggest change is the pace and flow of the game. You have more time and space on the ball before a defender is able to charge you down. patience is rewarded - I've seen many old "quickly pass/sprint here" habits keep getting punished. Biogger gaps are left open on the pitch becaue it takes defenders longer to recover.

in term of this being a frostbite game, im reallying enjoying it so far.

I've played like 15 hours of Full Manual Pro Clubs, and a little bit of online co-op. Pro Clubs can be such a fun mode.

when I first heard of this morale system and how the storyline would affect them
I knew it would be broken
I mean normally there is no way you would choose to answer badly to decrease morale LOL
those answers are easy to pick and the way it boosts the morale is just too easy
its just a kind of cheating because you know you can always increase morale by answering questions easily
I think sometimes you need to answer question badly on purpose in order to balance the morale
but its just stupid and nonsense

What a mess for a FIFA start!
EA need to fix all this broken game quickly!
When it's ok, you're can enjoy gameplay
I have made a good game Yesterday.
Enjoy

Bresil - Portugal
https://youtu.be/DOD4rR4yNMUé

And 4 more games on champion semi-manuel seetings on Quick start mode

PSG - Nantes

AS Roma - Benfica
https://youtu.be/H4RAXj4hFCw

Belgique - Espagne
https://youtu.be/yXaDjMmamno
https://youtu.be/r_fvI6m1cWE

Bayern Munich Hotspurs Tottenham
https://youtu.be/1ok0H8_czcg
https://youtu.be/L-WUn6jDn-k

I'm genuinely shocked that others are finding Ultimate in CM too easy. That's been my biggest issue with the game for several years, but I can't buy a fucking win in my Crystal Palace CM. And I'm absolutely loving it. Right now, this is by far my favorite FIFA gameplay.

My last two matches are a perfect example of why. First match was me (19th in the table) vs Man City, and I get crushed 4-0. I enjoyed it partly because I felt like I was playing against a superior player and never felt cheated, which used to always be the case against top teams. But the other thing was that I loved how tactics changed the game. I started with a balanced formation and tactics, and within 30 minutes was down 3-0. I then switched to a drop back/long ball formation and tactics, and was able to keep City from only scoring 1 more goal in the last 60 min. It really felt like my tactical change was felt on the pitch. I created two clear chances on the counter, but my guys weren't good enough and didn't take their chances.

It felt to me exactly like what a bottom team against City match should play like.

My next match was against Southampton. I fell to 20th after the City loss; Southampton was 19. They roll with a 5 at the back formation, the game was at home, and I needed a win, so I went with a 433 formation and pressed for goals. The match played out perfectly - me struggling to break down their 5 backline while they couldn't do shit going forward. I scored 1, then had a second pulled back from offsides. In the last 20 min or so, they pressed me hard for an equalizer, and in the 90th minute this happens:

I love this so much for a couple reasons. First, I'm getting punished for a fucking stupid mistake throwing out with my keeper. This is how it should be: when I make mistakes I get punished; when I play well, I get rewarded.

But the reason why this is so awesome is because of the ball physics. When this goal happened, I knew I fucked up. But I also thought the game screwed me because my CB missed getting to the ball first. I was pissed. But, when you watch on replay, you can see that the ball has backspin after the striker interception. So, while I go for the ball expecting it to bounce forward, because of the backspin the ball bounces ever so slightly backward, and that's why I missed. That is fucking awesome.

I understand why people are hating on this, especially for the broken CM shit. (I'm using a second controller to adjust all CPU starting lineups; probably wouldn't be playing it if I couldn't do this.) But I'm really surprised at people saying they're finding it easier than ever. I'm truly shocked, 'cause I'm struggling to get results, and absolutely loving the challenge, both in attack and defense.

Guess I can only hope this doesn't end for me, cause right now I'm absolutely in love with it. (Gameplay at least; don't get me started on the seemingly infinite number of bugs and poor shit in CM.)

Back
Top Bottom