FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Here's the trick:

And here's an example of how things have changed this year. First, I create space and beat a man with a simple change of direction with a shitty dribbler, using the defenders momentum. Then, with my best dribbler, I get owned when I try some stepovers. Last year, those step overs would've frozen the defender 8-9 times out of ten.

Nice!
Thanks!
How do you perform the first one though?

Here's the trick:
And here's an example of how things have changed this year. First, I create space and beat a man with a simple change of direction with a shitty dribbler, using the defenders momentum.

This is how I dribble in every single fifa game, and this is how basic dribbling should work. Change direction when you spot a defender over committing in one direction with good timing. That's also my problem with that heel to heel move, to me it looks like the defender is simply jockeying when you initiate the heel to heel move, he didn't try to commit to anything, but he keeps going to his left even when the ball is clearly going the other way and kind of freezes for a brief moment and is slow to recover, not trying to stick a foot out to tackle, nothing.

It still looks like an exploit to me. It probably is if that's a consistent behaviour + outcome. To me it always feels like the game is handing the user a cookie for executing a skill move, by ensuring it works. I'd like to see these skills fail more often. If that's the case, I'm cool with them.

Of course it's good to see that you lost the ball with those stepovers, but you were heading straight towards the defender, it would be comical if it somehow worked in your favour, but I guess that could be an improvement compared to 19.

Last edited:
Mate, I hate to do this, but. Literally ten days ago, about the other game.

Let's be honest. We're both desperate for a great game and sometimes that means either we judge it too early, or we overlook things and they QUICKLY become annoying. Maybe give it a little longer...!

Let people enjoy stuff. Sheesh.

I really, REALLY like this.

The Career bug thing is so annoying and an immersion breaker for me though. Man City playing with their kids in an important Premier League fixture? Come on EA sort it out.

Apart from that, the CPU is far more aggressive in Ultimate compared to FIFA 19.

Scoring goals in this just feels so damn good. I’ve only played career mode matches so far and I’m looking forward to taking it online. Game is so much slower than FIFA 19 too.

I really hope they patch the team selection bug though as I’ll only be playing this in multiplayer if they don’t.

Now listen here young man, we've spent the last few weeks going through this with pes.
You are NOT allowed to change your mind for at least 36 hours, is that clear?

Mate, I hate to do this, but. Literally ten days ago, about the other game.

Let's be honest. We're both desperate for a great game and sometimes that means either we judge it too early, or we overlook things and they QUICKLY become annoying. Maybe give it a little longer...!
I know I know, I get excited! Football gaming is my addiction, it’s a drug to me :LOL:

But the other game is shite online, I’ve always said that. This is fun, varied and extremely fluid in that regard.

And at least I try to give both games a good play test. I always do. I won’t just play one for 10 minutes and claim “it’s shit, had to turn it off.” (I’m not saying you do this btw, you don’t!)

Those kind of posts add nothing to a forum full of football video game hungry men (I don’t think we’ve got any ladies here I might be wrong).

Last edited:
1P/AI
Speed 43/42
Accel 46/45
Shot Error 58/58
Pass Error 58/58
Shot Speed 52/52
Pass Speed 36/36
Injury Freq 66/66
Injury Sev. 18/18
GK Ability 46/46
Marking 76/76
Run Freq 23/23
Height 71/71
Length 28/28
Width 48/48
Fullbacks 54/54
First Touch 58/58
Power Bar Speed 65

been working on these the last 4 hours to try get around the dopey defensive ai on legendary/world class, feedback is welcome

ai v ai legendary

I didn't realize you can even watch the ai play itself lol. Yeah, this game is def not set up to play like a sim, so for sure just watching the AI play wouldn't be good. They were def true to their word for putting the power in our hands, not the AI.

Like, here's some awful AI. Why the fuck is Fornals not doing shit? Makes zero sense from a football context:

But here's the thing. Last year had bad AI, and it led to goals, easy wins, and a poor overall experience. I was trouncing the EPL with a squad that didn't rate above 75.

This year though, despite this passive AI, it's actually pretty well balanced once you get the hang of it. Sprint jockey is critical to mark the CPU for example. And despite the passive AI, I've not scored more than two goals in the EPL playing as palace; I've only had two "goal fests" and those were against top teams that schooled me. Even with that example above, I didn't score.

The way the AI is programmed to literally switch off once you get pass a line is really odd and frustrating, but it's well balanced overall and doesn't fuck up outcomes. No doubt the sim crowd will hate this, but as an overall gameplay experience IMO it's way better than before.

havent bought the game yet cos of the bugs that were mentioned and that turned me off, how does the game play now with the new patch is it playable ?

Lads Im trying the extremes now with the sliders and when I put the formation marking on 100 suddenly now there's lots of contact between players fouls and yellow cards, try it yourselves

Started a career mode with QPR on legendary

First game 4-3 to me, it’s just so easy to score and get behind the defence. 2nd game I scored a goal by holding down the sprint button with Eze from the halfway line with not one defender putting a challenge in on me, ridiculous. Wasn’t even a counter attack.

It’s weird because it plays well and is challenging in places but as soon as you’re in the attacking third it feels like your playing on amateur.

So, the new squad update is out and it enables the new Nike third kits. It seems like the Volta bug fix patch really was the Day 1 patch this year.

i liked the demo. then i read negative comments when it came out on origin premier. now i'm seeing positive comments. One thing I like about FIFA over PES is the shooting.

I have F19 on PS4 and I stopped after about a month's play after recognising I was getting hooked on FUT Squad builder.

Anyone reckon its worth having another crack at F19's offline game - or is F20 a major step up from of 19? Does it play like the demo?

I think I bought F19 full price digital at release (approx £70 IIRC) so my gut tells me I should go back and try get my money's worth.

So, the new squad update is out and it enables the new Nike third kits. It seems like the Volta bug fix patch really was the Day 1 patch this year.
That's great news, thanks for sharing - the lack of third kits was annoying me.

Are the squads up-to-date now? I noticed teams like Arsenal still had Mkhtaryan (sp?) in their squads.

I like this game so far and I did not like 19. 19 felt very weird physics wise and it felt like you were controlling powerboats rather than football players. This feels much better to play. Shooting is worlds better than it is in PES and you can score a varied amount of goals. The Pace of the game is spot on. Not too fast. Not too slow. Just about right and I hope to god that EA don't decide to patch it because some FUT players think its too slow.... not all of us want a 200MPH Fantasy Card trading Arcade Fest EA.... no thanks.

Well on from those on reddit and elsewhere who bombarded EA with all the bugs on the official forum, twitter, shame on EA for deleting and ignoring the issues.

Also those taking a stance and getting refunds. Seen some reviews also bring up the mess that CM is, looking at the list of bugs is quite staggering, being fired for giving a player a minor wage increase!?!.

I will seriously be waiting it out to see if this is patched. Will keep to 19 for now.

I'm playing Fifa 14, waiting for the patch that will make the game or at the very least my remaining 9 hours of early late access worth it.
I am a patient man who believes in miracles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom