FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Easy games and goalfests were some of my biggest criticisms of 19. So far I'm about 12 games into a Crystal Palace CM, on Ultimate, and I've only had one goalfest of a game, and that was in the preseason tournament. I haven't scored more than two in any other game; neither has the CPU. (Again, this is using the 2nd controller to make sure the CPU isn't playing its reserves.)

It's far from unplayable. My take at least. Gonna play a bunch today, so we'll see how things go.

**Just wanted to add that there's a good number of people saying single player plays differently after the supposed "volta" patch. I've no idea - can't keep all the different version straight in my head - but maybe that's why I'm enjoying this more now.
How's the standings?
Any team pulling away,or is it like it's been before (pre patch)?
(Yeah I could check myself but haven't an ongoing CM right now)

they really need to get going with a day 1 content patch, career in it's current state with old lineups and a lot of reserve players in starting eleven is annoying.

also: tons of 3rd kits missing + teams like red bull salzburg with dedicated kits for CL do not have them included. needs to be fixed.

Easy games and goalfests were some of my biggest criticisms of 19. So far I'm about 12 games into a Crystal Palace CM, on Ultimate, and I've only had one goalfest of a game, and that was in the preseason tournament. I haven't scored more than two in any other game; neither has the CPU. (Again, this is using the 2nd controller to make sure the CPU isn't playing its reserves.)

It's far from unplayable. My take at least. Gonna play a bunch today, so we'll see how things go.

**Just wanted to add that there's a good number of people saying single player plays differently after the supposed "volta" patch. I've no idea - can't keep all the different version straight in my head - but maybe that's why I'm enjoying this more now.

I haven't played after the volta patch because I haven't bought the game and it's pointless with the first big gameplay patch coming in a few days time, so saving my trial hours. All I know is the game with the completely broken defensive AI as shown in plenty of videos that is apparently fixed with the "revert instructions" workaround, although that really has to become an official fix otherwise the tactics/instructions are broken.

And then they have to fix all the CM bugs. So "unplayable" is personal opinion, that's just me raising the bar too high again. I won't be wasting my time fixing the CPU lineups for every single match for example. I fully expect this to be fixed by EA.

Last edited:
How's the standings?
Any team pulling away,or is it like it's been before (pre patch)?
(Yeah I could check myself but haven't an ongoing CM right now)

Standings are bad. I'm guessing (hoping) it has something to do with the lineup issue, which a fix should be incoming. We'll see.

Standings are bad. I'm guessing (hoping) it has something to do with the lineup issue, which a fix should be incoming. We'll see.
Good to know (not that it's still there)
I think that issue is a bit more complex than EA/we thought,since it's still there,really since fifa 17.
Fingers crossed they fix it

Am i tripping or ball physics is changed with update? Feels more like 19 than early access i played before update. I really liked ball physic that game had in early access.
Also i think game speed is much faster after update. For me its way too fast. Like on drugs.

Last edited:
FIFA 20 PC [4K]

It does look good though..

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-03-12-868.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-07-44-821.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-08-32-053.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-09-28-441.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-09-39-417.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-15-56-754.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-16-12-106.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-18-18-568.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-18-34-719.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-19-12-368.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-19-15-759.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-21-13-203.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-21-53-105.jpg

I'm in absolute love with the kits on FIFA 20. Great model and incredibile textures quality. I don't want to start comparing anything to the other product, but we can easily say who wins the battle.

Manual shooting is now the default in FUT online. Interesting...
What? I find that really hard to believe, doesn't it just use your current controller settings (after syncing them from your previous FIFA game)?

FIFA 20 PC [4K]

It's stunning in stills, but it falls apart in motion. If everything ran at half the speed I'm convinced it would improve the game, especially if it meant you could no longer run through the midfield waving bye-bye to the opposition.

FIFA 20 PC [4K]

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-03-12-868.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-07-44-821.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-08-32-053.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-09-28-441.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-09-39-417.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-15-56-754.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-16-12-106.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-18-18-568.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-18-34-719.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-19-12-368.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-19-15-759.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-21-13-203.jpg

FIFA20-Trial-2019-09-25-19-21-53-105.jpg

I'm in absolute love with the kits on FIFA 20. Great model and incredibile textures quality. I don't want to start comparing anything to the other product, but we can easily say who wins the battle.

Looks good!
Are you using the ReShade config I released for FIFA 19?
If so, it looks very good!

Looks good!
Are you using the ReShade config I released for FIFA 19?
If so, it looks very good!

Sure, I didn't mention about that but yeah, that's the one you have released for 19 and it looks absolutely amazing in 20 either. It boosts graphics beautifully (finally a white colour is white - not greyish as originally).

Love it. Even turf looks much better :-)

Sure, I didn't mention about that but yeah, that's the one you have released for 19 and it looks absolutely amazing in 20 either. It boosts graphics beautifully (finally a white colour is white - not greyish as originally).

Love it. Even turf looks much better :-)

Oh don't worry. I wasn't looking for credit, I just thought it was the GFX MOD Reshade config as soon as I saw it.
Great! :D

Have you tried playing on Ultimate yet?

I was literally just going to post about the difficulty levels not being (such) an issue anymore. I've now played a quarter of the EPL season with Crystal Palace on Ultimate and I'm sitting 16th with a 2-5-3 record; I've scored 13 and conceded 14.

Maybe it's just me but this is a stark contrast to last year, where I had to purposely not sign any attackers above a 75 rated or else it'd get too easy. I'm finding it WAY harder to beat CPU defenders and create easy chances; passing is harder too. Stats mean so much now, in that the only Palace player worth his salt is Zaha. My squad morale is hovering between unhappy and content.

Not saying there aren't issues, because there are. The defensive AI is just very inconsistent. Sometimes they react, other times they don't. And if you get past one line, whether it's the forwards or midfielders, they just turn off and don't help. That's driving me nuts.

Then there's still this issue:
Untitled 4.png

Three goals is the most I've scored in the EPL yet and it was against Man City. Now, this game was hard as fuck. As you can tell, I was constantly under attack. It was a miracle they didn't put 5+ past me. I played with a back 5, drop back defense, and long ball... and it worked a treat. Despite the result, it certainly wasn't easy.

But in some ways it was a little easier to defend because Man City's attackers are super aggressive, which leaves them not just more exposed, but also it's easier to get the ball from them because they do cool shit. I've found it hard to dispossess lesser teams because they just play so conservative with passing and not enough dribbler. Now, against Man City I barely could hold on to the ball (those possession stats are inflated b/c I cheesed them at the end!).

I look forward to what others think once they play the retail version, but I'm having quite good fun, and it's really just the AI at times that's bothering me (aside from CM issues). For someone who yelled constantly about Ultimate being too easy last year, this has been a decent challenge for me so far (probably the main reason I'm enjoying it).

**I should add that I'm using a second controller to fix the CPU's starting lineup before each match. Man City was about to play a bunch of scrubs against me for example. Also, I wonder if I'd edited their tactics/instructions to be a bit more conservative, whether I might then not have scored.

Have you tried playing on Ultimate yet?

I was literally just going to post about the difficulty levels not being (such) an issue anymore. I've now played a quarter of the EPL season with Crystal Palace on Ultimate and I'm sitting 16th with a 2-5-3 record; I've scored 13 and conceded 14.

Maybe it's just me but this is a stark contrast to last year, where I had to purposely not sign any attackers above a 75 rated or else it'd get too easy. I'm finding it WAY harder to beat CPU defenders and create easy chances; passing is harder too. Stats mean so much now, in that the only Palace player worth his salt is Zaha. My squad morale is hovering between unhappy and content.

Not saying there aren't issues, because there are. The defensive AI is just very inconsistent. Sometimes they react, other times they don't. And if you get past one line, whether it's the forwards or midfielders, they just turn off and don't help. That's driving me nuts.

Then there's still this issue:
View attachment 20676

Three goals is the most I've scored in the EPL yet and it was against Man City. Now, this game was hard as fuck. As you can tell, I was constantly under attack. It was a miracle they didn't put 5+ past me. I played with a back 5, drop back defense, and long ball... and it worked a treat. Despite the result, it certainly wasn't easy.

But in some ways it was a little easier to defend because Man City's attackers are super aggressive, which leaves them not just more exposed, but also it's easier to get the ball from them because they do cool shit. I've found it hard to dispossess lesser teams because they just play so conservative with passing and not enough dribbler. Now, against Man City I barely could hold on to the ball (those possession stats are inflated b/c I cheesed them at the end!).

I look forward to what others think once they play the retail version, but I'm having quite good fun, and it's really just the AI at times that's bothering me (aside from CM issues). For someone who yelled constantly about Ultimate being too easy last year, this has been a decent challenge for me so far (probably the main reason I'm enjoying it).

**I should add that I'm using a second controller to fix the CPU's starting lineup before each match. Man City was about to play a bunch of scrubs against me for example. Also, I wonder if I'd edited their tactics/instructions to be a bit more conservative, whether I might then not have scored.

I’ve not unlocked it yet, I abandon the matches. have you been able to do what I showed on my clips?

I’ve not unlocked it yet, I abandon the matches. have you been able to do what I showed on my clips?

Nah, definitely not. Something's odd going on, 'cause I'm not the only one who's saying this is playing different than the Early Access. Think I've seen @Matt10 agree too.

Those clips that you posted look like the Early Access version, which was horrible. As long as there's not an AI fail by the CPU - as in they don't recognize the threat like they should - then I'm finding it darn tough.

You don't unlock Ultimate difficulty in FIFA, do you? You can play it in Career from the off I thought? (This was the case in FIFA 19 anyway)...

Nah, definitely not. Something's odd going on, 'cause I'm not the only one who's saying this is playing different than the Early Access. Think I've seen @Matt10 agree too.

Those clips that you posted look like the Early Access version, which was horrible. As long as there's not an AI fail by the CPU - as in they don't recognize the threat like they should - then I'm finding it darn tough.

I’m playing the trial still on EA Access mate

Back
Top Bottom