FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

To PC gamers only:-

(PS4 and XB1 players have no choice so no criticism towards them, they have the too low and close Broadcast cam to deal with, hence its avoided)

Still cannot work out why so many are playing using the YouTube and "streamers" children's side view Cam view (where the FIFA 8 years old animations look pathetic in this view), making the game look like any other FIFA going back to FIFA 11. Why is no-one using the modded high up "PES stadium camera like" Broadcast camera? It shows the organicness of the gameplay so much more and for some unknown reason (it isnt just the height) everything looks slower and more realistic than the default Cam view that most seem to upload to YouTube. Maybe thats why its called You....Tube.

Bizarre

Looking at Matt10's Twitch stream, he has it sussed out, look how much, much more realistic the game looks in the Broadcast camera view (seems he has default height and zoom on it and possibly not modded), and of course he has the sliders making things even more realistic.

I couldn't imagine his gameplay looking as good as this from the simpleton side view cameras. Not one FIFA 20 Beta stream that I could find a month ago was using anything other than my aforementioned kids camera view.

I really cannot fathom why.
I use dynamic side view with zoomed in because I prefer being close to the action not miles away and use the radar, how you conclude its a "kids" camera is beyond me. Although I play pes now similar view

To PC gamers only:-

(PS4 and XB1 players have no choice so no criticism towards them, they have the too low and close Broadcast cam to deal with, hence its avoided)

Still cannot work out why so many are playing using the YouTube and "streamers" children's side view Cam view (where the FIFA 8 years old animations look pathetic in this view), making the game look like any other FIFA going back to FIFA 11. Why is no-one using the modded high up "PES stadium camera like" Broadcast camera? It shows the organicness of the gameplay so much more and for some unknown reason (it isnt just the height) everything looks slower and more realistic than the default Cam view that most seem to upload to YouTube. Maybe thats why its called You....Tube.

Bizarre

Looking at Matt10's Twitch stream, he has it sussed out, look how much, much more realistic the game looks in the Broadcast camera view (seems he has default height and zoom on it and possibly not modded), and of course he has the sliders making things even more realistic.

I couldn't imagine his gameplay looking as good as this from the simpleton side view cameras. Not one FIFA 20 Beta stream that I could find a month ago was using anything other than my aforementioned kids camera view.

I really cannot fathom why.
I do like the broadcast cam, but it's a real shame it's nowhere near as customisable as PES's stadium cam.

It is still a really nice way to play the game in my opinion, it would just be nice if I could make the most of my ultrawide monitor and turn the radar off as well.

On another note - I love the replays on Fifa. They've really improved over the last few years.

I only seem to hear Derek Rae and Lee Dixon in Kick Off games, can this be changed, I can't stand either.

Still better than Drury & Beglin though ha ha.

I absolutely love the shooting in this.
Funny you say that.

I really enjoyed this goal I scored on semi shooting, it swerves just enough to pocket into the corner from miles out:

But the trouble is, as soon as you watch the replay, you can see how the human bodies do impossible things to make the goals happen. And that TOTALLY spoils it for me, because they shouldn't be goals.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this goal and it broke my heart to see the striker hopping on his standing leg to bring the ball down. It's horrendous.

Funny you say that.

I really enjoyed this goal I scored on semi shooting, it swerves just enough to pocket into the corner from miles out:

But the trouble is, as soon as you watch the replay, you can see how the human bodies do impossible things to make the goals happen. And that TOTALLY spoils it for me, because they shouldn't be goals.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this goal and it broke my heart to see the striker hopping on his standing leg to bring the ball down. It's horrendous.

This game looks horrendous in single player. I won’t even bother starting a career mode.

Saying that, Chesnoid Gaming has a career on YouTube with his sliders that just change a few things with CPU and it makes it harder. So I might try them. I can handle the funky and weird stuff - it’s a game being too easy which stops me playing.

Spurs winning the league is as strange as Brighton coming in 2nd
In their defence, they've admitted this is because teams still don't play their usual 11 and it means Man City etc. play their youth squad every week - and that it'll be fixed.

No reason not to believe them - but as for the other 20+ major bugs... Can't see them being touched.

In their defence, they've admitted this is because teams still don't play their usual 11 and it means Man City etc. play their youth squad every week - and that it'll be fixed.

No reason not to believe them - but as for the other 20+ major bugs... Can't see them being touched.
Still can't take a company of this magnitude serious if this has plagued it's series for 4 straight games.
And didn't they claim it was fixed in their pitch notes?

Still can't take a company of this magnitude serious if this has plagued it's series for 4 straight games.
And didn't they claim it was fixed in their pitch notes?
They did. Which makes me hope that, if they said they've fixed it, we've not got anything close to the final version yet. (Which doesn't make ANY SENSE but... Neither does saying in no uncertain terms that it's fixed when it isn't. Something is odd.) So hopefully there's a huge "final release" patch coming.

So is the game getting better using sliders or is it still a case of waiting to see what happens after the day 1 patch?
You can't add back in the intelligence they've deleted through sliders (and that's 100% what they've done, nothing has been improved, just chopped out).

The AI's defensive positioning is pretty good, but unless you're playing the top 20 teams in the world you'll never lose, because they'll just watch you run past and score.

That being said, I had a few more challenging games yesterday after v1.02 launched on PS4 - but it seems it was a coincidence, because it's only a Volta patch, and it seems to be PS4 exclusive (and you wouldn't tweak gameplay on just one console).

ABSOLUTELY LOVED this goal and it broke my heart to see the striker hopping on his standing leg to bring the ball down. It's horrendous.

Honestly about 85% of my goals in FIFA 17, 18 and 19. Chipped through balls, especially as one-twos, are so overpowered. They flattened them a little one year which made them a little less effective, but nowhere near enough.

That said, chipped through balls have always been too effective in games, going way back through the catalogues. Exception being PES5 (I think) when they were effectively... unchipped. As soon as they're made less potent I'll having to take up knitting or some shit.

I do like the broadcast cam, but it's a real shame it's nowhere near as customisable as PES's stadium cam.

It is still a really nice way to play the game in my opinion, it would just be nice if I could make the most of my ultrawide monitor and turn the radar off as well.

On another note - I love the replays on Fifa. They've really improved over the last few years.

Are you on PC then? If so, use my Broadcast Cam modding technique to get it looking like this, technique works in full game too (if anyone would prefer an easier to follow tutorial please let me know and I will create one) :--

Parc De Princes using my Cheat Enginer BROADCAST CAM mode.jpg

I use dynamic side view with zoomed in because I prefer being close to the action not miles away and use the radar, how you conclude its a "kids" camera is beyond me. Although I play pes now similar view

Yeah my apologies for the "kids" camera view description that I posted last night, what I meant was its as if all the streamers and YouTube uploaders dont realise there are camera views that angle towards the goal, showing the moves off better. I kind of meant "lazy kids" really.

They did. Which makes me hope that, if they said they've fixed it, we've not got anything close to the final version yet. (Which doesn't make ANY SENSE but... Neither does saying in no uncertain terms that it's fixed when it isn't. Something is odd.) So hopefully there's a huge "final release" patch coming.

I've refrained from mentioning it before, because I'm not sure it signifies anything at all, but the trial/release version is only 5 days older than the demo, build date is Aug 21. I'm sure there's a big patch coming but really doubt it will turn this turd into a good game. But I've only used up 1 hour of my trial, might as well use the 9 remaining hours to play it post-patch. Not touching it for now.

So is the game getting better using sliders or is it still a case of waiting to see what happens after the day 1 patch?
I'd say so. It's shaping up much better. Getting resistance 1v1. Does it take some fairly significant changes? Absolutely. But in motion it looks great.

Streaming the testing set now, hope to be ready for our first version on OS soon:

https://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

Are you on PC then? If so, use my Broadcast Cam modding technique to get it looking like this, technique works in full game too (if anyone would prefer an easier to follow tutorial please let me know and I will create one) :--

View attachment 20428

I would love that camera on PS4.

Feel like it would make such a difference to patterns of play.

Might download the pc demo and try it .

Anyone else struggling to find Squad Management (the screen that lists all your created/concept squads) on console? It still exists as it's in the Companion app but I can't find it on console at all.

Back
Top Bottom