FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

Apparently the bug that CPU keep playing their reserve squad against you is still in the game:

Look here
And here (watch the match against Liverpool)

I don't know how you can enjoy the CM despite of all other improvements they have made
Can confirm. Still does this. When I've seen e.g. Norwich City topping the league after ten games, I have a feeling it's because when they play e.g. Man City, they're playing against OVR 60s throughout the team.

Pretty sure they'd claimed they'd fixed this, too.

Can confirm. Still does this. When I've seen e.g. Norwich City topping the league after ten games, I have a feeling it's because when they play e.g. Man City, they're playing against OVR 60s throughout the team.

Pretty sure they'd claimed they'd fixed this, too.
EA are aware of this glitch at least. Rumours are we’ll get a huge day one patch to address everything.

280D2745-A4ED-4200-AA17-915CB33FB65E.jpeg

LOL!!
Just listen to this guy and what he's saying..
I want some of that stuff these fucking people are smoking..
This is your average Fifa player unfortunately..
And i'm sure EA is gonna cater for them once more and make the game on steroids with day 1 patch..
Even the demo felt fast as fuck to me and unrealistic..and the full game is probably gonna be even worse on release day.

Half time stats from a game on Legendary:

M5wMaGP.jpg

Half time stats from the same game on Ultimate:

gQR6Ze5.jpg

Assisted passing but semi/manual everything else. I started playing another one on semi passing rather than assisted, and my pass accuracy dropped 10%, but the results didn't change.

This is undoubtedly the worst FIFA I've played in the last ten years. Undoubtedly.

M5wMaGP.jpg

gQR6Ze5.jpg

Assisted passing but semi/manual everything else. I started playing another one on semi passing rather than assisted, and my pass accuracy dropped 10%, but the results didn't change.

This is undoubtedly the worst FIFA I've played in the last ten years. Undoubtedly.

0 fouls aswell, good one EA.

Gameplay wise... I quite enjoy it.

Not as much as Fifa 10/11 days, but other iterations like Fifa 18 I thought were utterly appalling, and that's being generous. I just can't think of a word to describe how much I hated that game; nothing but rage-inducing exploits and game-breaking glitches. Genuinely one of the worst games I've ever played.

20 doesn't appear to be the most challenging offline experience, which is a shame. The AI players will actually run at you, which is great to see, but on the flip side they're slow to defend and regularly mess up some REALLY simple passes, even on Ultimate. The Career Mode glitch though is inexcusable. I didn't know that it's been a thing for a few years as it's been a long time since I played Fifa Career mode, but it's not surprising it's been there a while seeing as other issues haven't been fixed for quite literally 10 YEARS.

This game brings a dilemma though - I had no intentions on buying this for online play, I gave up on that waste of space a few year ago, but friends I used to play Pro Clubs with are really enjoying it, and I could see how this style of gameplay would really, really suit controlling just a single player.

Shame there's no cross-play. A massive 130 people were playing this mode on PC :LOL: Do I really want to dust the cobwebs off the old xbox?

I'll probably wait, give it as a little as a week or two and people will very, very quickly work out all the exploits and bullshit that ruins Fifa every year.

M5wMaGP.jpg

gQR6Ze5.jpg

That's ridiculous! Don't these guys playtest the thing?!

Simple question.
Does the cpu team switch to a defensive/offensive tactic late in the game if they're winning/losing?

This stopped working properly with the new tactics system last year. Although I feel like a weirdo for asking/considering this rather important, last year no one seemed to make a fuss about it. I remember one guy in the operation sports forums said that it was not so important because we can change the cpu tactics with a second gamepad while playing. :CONF:

Last edited:
There is a bug on Quick start mode
The level or the Cpu IS pro or semi pro by default.
You have to return to your settings and reconfirm its.
Before, the Cpu didn't tackle me.
After, 2 penaltys and a winning freekick in 3 matchs on Champion/Legend levels
Look at my video

Last edited:

M5wMaGP.jpg

gQR6Ze5.jpg

Very strange. I understand why you say this year is gargabe. I will make the same match with the same level and post thé video. I haven't ultimate difficulty by the way.
You have this on carreer mode? Quick start?

Kick off and career mode always play differently. If you're buying the game to play career mode you should start a CM and test the gameplay there. Don't judge it based on Kick Off / CL tournaments or any other mode.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure. The impressions I've seen so far on the likes of Reddit, the FIFA forums, and Operation Sports have been for the most part, postive. Someone even said that the pace and feel of the game is the most realistic they've ever encountered in a football game. Let that sink in for a moment.
From what i have briefly read about Fifa 20 apart from on here is that it is now the most realistic football game ever created. :WASTED::PUKE: :BRICK:

There is a bug on Quick start mode
The level or the Cpu IS pro or semi pro by default.
You have to return to your settings and reconfirm its.
Before, the Cpu didn't tackle me.
After, 2 penaltys and a winning freekick in 3 matchs on Champion/Legend levels
Look at my video

So you're saying all the games people are playing are on the wrong difficultly level to what they think due to a bug?

Last edited:
So you're saying all the games people are playing are on the wrong difficultly level to what they think due to a bug?
No, definitely not. Only in "quick start", i.e. friendlies. In Career Mode etc. it's the right difficulty. Easy to see, because against the best teams in the world, they ping-pong and score worldies. But outside of those 10-20 teams, you win every game.

No, definitely not. Only in "quick start", i.e. friendlies. In Career Mode etc. it's the right difficulty. Easy to see, because against the best teams in the world, they ping-pong and score worldies. But outside of those 10-20 teams, you win every game.

Ah for a moment there I thought I could pre order again

Career Mode, the Bournemouth games are pre-season. The difficulty is definitely Legendary/Ultimate as described in the screenshots I provided - it confirms the difficulty at the top of the screen before kick-off (where two players stand on opposite sides of the screen).

Perhaps you've been finding difficulty because you're playing the best teams in the world - those games are certainly harder. But against "normal" teams (even ones better than you) there is just no challenge.

Here you go. The Ultimate difficulty stats I provided earlier are from this game. Check it out.

A reminder. This is ULTIMATE DIFFICULTY.

From what i have briefly read about Fifa 20 apart from on here is that it is now the most realistic football game ever created. :WASTED::PUKE: :BRICK:
Wow. Living in fantasyland :LOL:

For all their deserved bad reputation the IGN review actually said something I completely agreed with - "FIFA is at it's best when it's a bit silly and just good fun to play".

I could not agree more with that. Whenever I've liked Fifa it's not because that year's title is super authentic, but because it's entertaining.

Last edited:
Hm, v1.02 has just dropped, which I'm guessing will be the day one patch (don't imagine they'll have time to fit another in before Friday).

The only changes are a Volta bug fix, according to the notes. But I replayed the above fixture on Ultimate and lost 2-1.

It didn't feel any different, other than the AI made more successful tackles than before.

Pretty sure it's a coincidence but... Just heading out, but when I get back, I'll give it another go.

Hm, v1.02 has just dropped, which I'm guessing will be the day one patch (don't imagine they'll have time to fit another in before Friday).

The only changes are a Volta bug fix, according to the notes. But I replayed the above fixture on Ultimate and lost 2-1.

It didn't feel any different, other than the AI made more successful tackles than before.

Pretty sure it's a coincidence but... Just heading out, but when I get back, I'll give it another go.
Isn’t Fifa out on Tuesday?

Just tried the full game..

Exeter v Plymouth .. Ultimate skill level

What a load of absolute crap..
The speed was on steroids, my fault for not changing to slow.
But I have no idea what they have done with the AI this year, it is shocking they don't pressure you or anything.
It is like playing on professional the last few years.

I didn't like the demo, but then FIFA has always played different when using big teams and always enjoyed the lower leagues, but this year is the worse FIFA I have ever played.

It plays pretty similar to 19 but faster and players can't control the ball on initial touch.
However they destroyed the AI and it is an absolute walk in the park, incredibly easy.

I even tried the Chris Davies trick and passed to Craig Woodman, I ran all the way down the left wing without a challenge done a one two edge of the box and scored.
I tried it a few times and every time I was able to get the ball from box to box with relative ease.

I really don't know what they have done this year, but they have made an absolute turd.
Never thought I would say this in the last 10 years, but I think it is time to try PES.

Back
Top Bottom