FIFA 20 Discussion (Console Versions)

A couple of clips from my last game, on Ultimate. Ended up drawing 3-3.

BTW there's no point playing on Ultimate hoping for better cpu defending. The strongest cpu defending AI can be found on legendary. On ultimate you just get stronger attacking AI (There was a table posted some time back detailing the differences between difficulty levels).

BTW there's no point playing on Ultimate hoping for better cpu defending. The strongest cpu defending AI can be found on legendary. On ultimate you just get stronger attacking AI (There was a table posted some time back detailing the differences between difficulty levels).
I will bear that in mind. I find when playing this I am scoring goals way too frequently and easily on Ultimate. Its annoying that again for another FIFA release it appears EA don't seem to know how to get it
A) Difficult enough without it being borderling cheating (cough cough PES).
B) Balanced enough so that each difficulty there is a noticeable difference with how the AI plays against you.

That might be true but on Legendary, they don't bloody score either.

- "Welcome to my very first Career Mode!"
- Picks Salford City.
- Picks Ultimate difficulty.
- "I'm starting with Ultimate difficulty. This is going to be such a pain, especially playing with low rated players! We may struggle for a bit, I hope you're prepared for that!".

Starts his first game.
- "Oh my god, my AI defenders are not helping at all".
Wins the game 3-0 and his first silverware.

If this is not patched it's going to be pure comedy!

- "Welcome to my very first Career Mode!"
- Picks Salford City.
- Picks Ultimate difficulty.
- "I'm starting with Ultimate difficulty. This is going to be such a pain, especially playing with low rated players! We may struggle for a bit, I hope you're prepared for that!".

Starts his first game.
- "Oh my god, my AI defenders are not helping at all".
Wins the game 3-0 and his first silverware.

FIFA YouTubers are so annoying.

Offline players are having a shit time, online players are loving it. If they patch it, they have to have separate gameplays for one versus another, and I don't know if they'll do that.

More to the point...

If they patch it, they'll just whack up defensive pressure, whack up the AI ping-pong passing and increase the AI's shot accuracy. The problem is much deeper - the engine allows you to dribble against people with the worst players, attributes mean nothing, the defending system is bullshit (I like the idea of it, but making people hit an invisible boundary when you pressure an opponent is adding a problem that doesn't exist in real life, having to break through that invisible wall)...

It can't be patched and fixed. It doesn't have one or two issues, it's an entirely terrible game.

Even the new career mode stuff is astonishing. You're given three answers to choose from at press conferences and if you just never choose the negative option, you'll always get a positive boost. My team morale was 100% after a handful of games.

I'm shellshocked, honestly, at how bad this is.

Offline players are having a shit time, online players are loving it. If they patch it, they have to have separate gameplays for one versus another, and I don't know if they'll do that.

Oh I agree, in fact I think the biggest complaint from the fut crowd so far is that it's too slow and sluggish. So I can see this getting faster with a patch with no other fixes for the offline game.

In any case I'm saving all of my remaining hours to see how it will end up after the day-1 / week-1 patches, and then I'll probably give up and uninstall it.

Last edited:
Oh I agree, in fact I think the biggest complaint from the fut crowd so far is that it's too slow and sluggish. So I can see this getting faster with a patch with no other fixes for the offline game.
You can see from the speed of the FUT games and the ridiculous bendy-legged mega-dribbles what their angle is now. "Fun". So that's my journey with FIFA done, I think - and I'm so sad about that, because all their pre-release PR, and presentations the gameplay director was giving, were all about adding realism, and I see realism there (in moments) in FIFA 19. But this... This is just a garbage game.

@goalgerd

What do you make of all this? Or are you getting this just for multiplayer?

FIFA is dead from a single player perspective now guys. Dead. And it has been for years.

Thank god the other game is good this year for single player - will have to be Master League and FIFA 20 for multiplayer fun.

EA are an awful company. Awful.

Wait... fifa16 and pes17 were both on this console generation. Or do you mean the PS pro and XB one?

Oh I thought FIFA 16 was release on PS3 , but you're definitely right. I got that mixed up.

P.S: I was never a big fan of PS 2017. Didn't really love it. Big "meh" for me.

There are I think a good number of well followed career youtubers.. will EA seriously leave the game in such atrocious state and risk the bad press that would follow? Seems big even from their uncontested position to me.

But.. yeah thinking it twice they might just increase difficulty in an artificial unsatisfying way as Chris said. I don't know it seems we are in a really bad spot.

The worst thing for me in that video is not the defender and no one really challenging him but the AI off the ball movement. It's so rigid players do not leave the space that they are formationed to . So lifeless and robotic. In the other game if you "anchor" every single player that above is what id imagine it would look like.

@goalgerd

FIFA is dead from a single player perspective now guys. Dead. And it has been for years.

Thank god the other game is good this year for single player - will have to be Master League and FIFA 20 for multiplayer fun.

FIFA multiplayer died (at least for me) when they removed online lobbies where you were able to play co-op matches.
We always managed to have 4-6 people around and play full manual 2v2s/3v3s - it was just THE BEST of times.
Then it got removed and I swear a little piece of me just died.

Played a very good game on the demo, and was made progressively worse throughout the year with patches. It's definitely a big meh in it's final state.

Well there are some big fans of that game.
Personally I cannot love a game that has such a heavy "catch-up" bug and just about 20 animations in total.

FIFA multiplayer died (at least for me) when they removed online lobbies where you were able to play co-op matches.
We always managed to have 4-6 people around and play full manual 2v2s/3v3s - it was just THE BEST of times.
Then it got removed and I swear a little piece of me just died.
I'm the opposite. I hated the lobbies. I have a friend who I always play co-op football gaming with and we'd always get some random following us around in FIFA 12 etc.

I love the fixed ranked 2v2 co-op mode. Some of my best recent football gaming memories are playing that mode.

Played a very good game on the demo, and was made progressively worse throughout the year with patches. It's definitely a big meh in it's final state.

The two last patches killed that game for me indeed. But before those it really gaves me good time outside of those konami moments (rival game were OP. manager AI was dreadful, ect...)

Thanks for posting my video, guys, sorry didn't post it here in haste.

Overall thoughts, from playing and watching, is that the game is in rough shape. It's back to 1v1 FIFA 15 defending, both by User and CPU. The defensive ADD is strong. The space is worrying, the lack of aggression, despite playing on aggressive CTTs, is just as bad. Some passing lanes being cut off, but when they're not, it's driven pass to the CPU immediately.

Can't believe they went from the amazing prepatch beta...to this.

I'm typically, a look past the obvious flaws and enjoy the game for what it is type of person.

But this latest edition of FIFA.... wow. I can't and won't even try to defend it.

FUT and eGaming (f****g eGaming jesus christ *facepalm*) are killing any hope of having a decent football simulation game to enjoy. Online in my opinion is rotten to the core.

Roll on FM20 for me.

Enjoying the trial so far but got to see what the day one patch brings.
Playing on legendary.
They have dumbed it down from the beta tho the space outwide is back but good to see the AI using the double tap sprint function aggainst me as well tho so harder to catch them if they break through as well.
The passing errors and ball freedom is still there from the beta and improved from 19 as well as the more realistic parries from the goalkeepers at each end which can work for for or against you just like in real life.
Still seeing no more than 85% or less pass completion from the AI somthing we all asked for.
Tested the game against the AI is several matches last night.
First man united vs Copenhagen comfortable win as expected but only won 1-0
Forest at home vs Barcelona saurez scored with their first attack and was down 3-0 at halftime very few breakaways easily caught by AI never had a chance like it should be.
Today
Arsenal vrs parma gave away early goal but glad to see the AI punish my mistake but got a winner in extra time 2–1

Happy so far

@goalgerd

Cancelled my pre order and will look to pick both football games up at Christmas with hopefully both of them fixed for a discounted price

I didn't buy FIFA 19 and had decided to wait for FIFA20 (Last one I played was '18). Would you say it is better to just go for FIFA19 and update the squads?

Knew it was gonna be the same no foul crap all over again
got wiped out from behind in the box, should have been a straight red as he was not even close to the ball was more like gbh got nothing.
Why not change the name to ultimate team £0 and have done with it
E.A sports if it's in the game we'll f**k it up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom