FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Here in the US on xbox one, did trial and downloaded quickly! Went straight into CM with Liverpool and had all the same settings as 17 (no sliders yet as i rely on the community for those), and immediately noticed that things felt looser--manual passing is more difficult, weight seems different (both in passing and player movement, for the better), and defending (on legacy) is more challenging. Real life Liverpool would have been proud, Watford tore me up on the counter and sat back in numbers. Only bug I noticed was the commentary lagging/stuttering significantly. Gameplay was smooth, given what we've read about atmosphere being improved I was very underwhelmed. Not much noise, sounded very subdued.

Didn't get the beta and played only a couple matches on the demo so I'm not sure how these very brief impressions line up, but hoping to get more time in tomorrow.

Here in the US on xbox one, did trial and downloaded quickly! Went straight into CM with Liverpool and had all the same settings as 17 (no sliders yet as i rely on the community for those), and immediately noticed that things felt looser--manual passing is more difficult, weight seems different (both in passing and player movement, for the better), and defending (on legacy) is more challenging. Real life Liverpool would have been proud, Watford tore me up on the counter and sat back in numbers. Only bug I noticed was the commentary lagging/stuttering significantly. Gameplay was smooth, given what we've read about atmosphere being improved I was very underwhelmed. Not much noise, sounded very subdued.

Didn't get the beta and played only a couple matches on the demo so I'm not sure how these very brief impressions line up, but hoping to get more time in tomorrow.
Is there a difference in passing between players more pronounced than demo, also is the pace of the game still slow like demo ?

On hotukdeals there's a deal linking to quidco for new signups the game is 49.99 through zavi with 20 pound cashback making it 29.99 for ps4 ..just ordered ..needs to be before 11th October
Thanks for this mate - can you show me exactly what I need to do, it says it's 50 quid on Zavvi.

I managed to fix it. Looked up the error log, and found a "TK Initialization error!" I reinstalled the latest version of Origin and it fixed it. Huh.

So have just read the IGN review which I will take with pinch of salt.

The emphasis on attacking worries me though. In Legendary, on demo, I am scoring long range screamers far too often.

So have just read the IGN review which I will take with pinch of salt.

The emphasis on attacking worries me though. In Legendary, on demo, I am scoring long range screamers far too often.

I am hoping the sliders will be able to counter this somewhat.

But yeah, I stopped taking IGN's reviews seriously a long time ago.

So, is there a way to get the trial on a PS4? And it's out today?

Nope. PS4 doesn't allow EA Access like Xbox One and PC does. My trial went from not working, to sort of working, back to not working. Still haven't managed to get a match in. I should have gone to sleep hours ago.

With regards to the ign review, and the apparent bias towards attack...

That’s what’s got me worried, and goes along with how I felt about the demo. The demo had a lot about it that I really enjoyed. Crossing and heading, at least for me personally is finally an option to use.

Player inertia... if your dribbling, and change direction or stop, defender has to take a small while just to change his direction too, and by that time it’s too late, you’ve done him! He can’t just instantly react to what you do, which I found good.

High through balls can actually be used again. Not spammed and abused like before, but if used with the right opportunity, they can work.

Biggest one... play a ball through, first touch he finally takes it in his stride, rather than getting caught after being ten yards ahead because he can’t get it out his feet and just sorts messes around with it.

Yeh, personally I thought the demo was great apart from one very big minus...

The shooting! Now hold on, lol.... the shooting itself was brilliant, could hit some real crackers.

But the problem is, they’re all flying in most of the time. To the point where

1... if I’m defending and my mate skins my defender 25 yards out I immediately say out loud, oh here we go, he’ll then just hold to a corner, shoot, and it’ll fly in no problem.

2.... before, when screamers were scored, there was some sort of joy, a vocal yesssss! Or at least something. Now it’s very much just meh.

You can even tell this is how it is, as with all the mates I’ve played with, replays of 20-30 yard screamers are just skipped as if they are nothing.

As usual, it’s all in the FIFA gods. It’s their game, and they can do what they like with it, and this is just mine and a few mates opinions, but for us, the demo was really decent, but the shooting accuracy and screamer frequency really really killed it.

Thing is with Fifa you know exactly what you're getting,But playing with sliders and the spot on licensing helps a little with the experience, And I can't wait to test the team individuality feature if it actually exists.

Still my early access on PC is crashing lolz

It's a bit of a fiddle to get working, had to go on the EA access app then it takes you to the store where you select free trial, after its loaded you then have to press play.

Anyone watch the IGN review video yet?

"Nearly every pass is perfect."

"Forward players are more overpowers than ever."

Why the hell are EA taking the series back to its dark days?!

Anyone watch the IGN review video yet?

"Nearly every pass is perfect."

"Forward players are more overpowers than ever."

Why the hell are EA taking the series back to its dark days?!
Yeah, I'm much more inclined to trust a review that's critical (full-stop, but especially when it mirrors my own demo experience) than the others that are pretty much "it's just great".

I mean, check out this one:

hsCmunf.png

"It's exactly the same*! 9/10!" How does that make sense?

*It's not in my opinion, but if that's the reviewer's opinion, how is it a 9/10?

Yeah, I'm much more inclined to trust a review that's critical (full-stop, but especially when it mirrors my own demo experience) than the others that are pretty much "it's just great".

I mean, check out this one:

hsCmunf.png

"It's exactly the same*! 9/10!" How does that make sense?

*It's not in my opinion, but if that's the reviewer's opinion, how is it a 9/10?
Completely agree Chris.

"Nearly every pass is perfect regardless player attributes or skills." is a system introduced to allow casual players to enjoy PES and FIFA. It's probably the worst thing introduced since for more hardcore players, there is manual/unassisted passing options but for CPU, it's still perfect passing. Sad era of footie games.

Last FIFA where stats mattered on passing was FIFA 14. I think it's PES 2013 for PES. I am talking about COM.

Back
Top Bottom