FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Fifa 18 was the most smooth FIFA regarding player animation, footplanting, inertia and weight.
Previous FIFAs was clunky and stiff regarding animations. Even FIFA 19 is not that smooth, in order to become more responsive and fast it killed that previous smoothness.
FIFA 18 has small ball model, with very linear physics, no zip in ball trajectory, no curve, no bounce even on most heavily worn pitch. FIFA 17 has much more bounce.

Fifa 18 was the most smooth FIFA regarding player animation, footplanting, inertia and weight.
Previous FIFAs was clunky and stiff regarding animations. Even FIFA 19 is not that smooth, in order to become more responsive and fast it killed that previous smoothness.
FIFA 18 has small ball model, with very linear physics, no zip in ball trajectory, no curve, no bounce even on most heavily worn pitch. FIFA 17 has much more bounce.
I had high hopes for 18,since i liked 17 (bought it around the release of 18) but I couldn't see past that "magnetic defending" (the cheaty AI sliding 2m in front of you and stealing the ball)
Also that game was (still is horrible) when it comes to how the CPU sets up their teams,benching star players etc,Arsenal winning the league in 77p etc.
I know that happened in 17 as well,but it got worse on 18,and still not fixed on 19.
Really poor game Vs 15-16-17.

I compiled some of my extra/leftover recordings into a little montage. Nothing too special, but thought I'd share:

Scrolling through this thread Matt,is that from a console?
Haven't played FIFA 18 in a very long time,gave my copy away when I sold my XB1 last year, actually thinking on getting it again.
Any thoughts Vs FIFA 19?
Which I liked and hated (weird feelings on that game)

Scrolling through this thread Matt,is that from a console?
Haven't played FIFA 18 in a very long time,gave my copy away when I sold my XB1 last year, actually thinking on getting it again.
Any thoughts Vs FIFA 19?
Which I liked and hated (weird feelings on that game)

Sorry for delay,mate. It was from a mix of PC and PS4. I did like 18 quite a bit, but 19 I think was much better with the right sliders.

So after playing an absurd amount of Pes 20,I decided to give it a rest,simply because I wanted some other league action.
Went back to my Borussia M Gladbach save,changed the cam to broadcast,closest to stadium on Pes,slowed down the game a bit,and it's a home run for me.
What had deteriorated in Fifa 19 is still here,a patient CPU,a real challenge on broadcast as well.
Really enjoying this game.
Will keep playing it over both 19 and 20 in a heartbeat
Going to give 19 a spin on broadcast cam as well,but this is do much better than I remembered

i found a copy of FIFA18 (PS4) last weekend hiding deep in the shelve. it was like it was pressing itself flat against the inside, just to avoid me finding it! :LOL:

so my question to you guys is: how was that version rated this gen in comparision!? still FIFA16 the best this gen?! what were the major pros and cons regarding FIFA18?

i found a copy of FIFA18 (PS4) last weekend hiding deep in the shelve. it was like it was pressing itself flat against the inside, just to avoid me finding it! :LOL:

so my question to you guys is: how was that version rated this gen in comparision!? still FIFA16 the best this gen?! what were the major pros and cons regarding FIFA18?
For the gameplay I can't say more, but collecting-wise, its "best"Pro is the 2018 world cup DLC. Despite it is very very half-arsed.

Ranking them is easy:
Fifa 16 > Fifa 17 > Fifa 18 > Fifa 19 > Fifa 20 > Fifa 21

18 is basically the beginning of the end for football games. You might think it's trash, or you might actually enjoy it compared to 21, ha. The WC mode in 18 is ... errr, playable I guess.

For the gameplay I can't say more, but collecting-wise, its "best"Pro is the 2018 world cup DLC. Despite it is very very half-arsed.
Ranking them is easy:
Fifa 16 > Fifa 17 > Fifa 18 > Fifa 19 > Fifa 20 > Fifa 21

18 is basically the beginning of the end for football games. You might think it's trash, or you might actually enjoy it compared to 21, ha. The WC mode in 18 is ... errr, playable I guess.
thanks guys!
i think i'll give the disc a spin this week... at least slider sets should be finalized! :)

I like 18,but I wouldn't take it over 17.
Restarted an old save today,OS community sliders,with lower sprint/pass speed and went back to broadcast cam.
Brilliant game.
But 18 is good enough for sure

I agree with my post above:)
Got 18 today and jumped right in to my old Mönchengladbach save did some changes slider Wise (minor).
And yes ,this game holds up very well.
Really enjoyed it!
So now I have 16/17/18 and I like them all.
Agony...

Ok, long time no posting i guess.
Im 7 games in on a save with Gladbach, has its shortcomings for sure, shooting isnt as good as on 17 and 19, but i think the Ai is way more fun and varied than 19, i see some physicallity for sure and players arent sliding around as much as in later fifas.
Looks pretty damn good too, wish it had a better package for leagues outside of the PL
good game for sure

Back
Top Bottom