FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

this is what i cant make this game to replicate
jFHaFml.jpg

LxXUVD8.jpg

qwAbs6h.jpg

UOPCFOP.jpg

But the dribbling system from FIFA18 is a gem, also the cpu as it uses with unique players, and lets admit it has more fouls than 17. Everything else seem faded away which made FIFA 17 a classic to me (AI that uses tactics and indeed working custom tactics!)as im currently watching cpu v cpu games on it and cant stop it because they play like real EPL matches!!!

https://twitter.com/szkoki/status/910275159105433610
https://twitter.com/szkoki/status/910276992116887552

Why not allow us to customize it using player cards/custom team tactics?

Custom tactics didn't work for 3 years now, And the problem with the DM bombing forward like a retard is still present, I tried using sliders but they just nullify the CPU tactics and ruin crossing.

Let's wait for the full game before judging anything, As we were taught by our friends over in the PES thread :)

Custom tactics didn't work for 3 years now, And the problem with the DM bombing forward like a retard is still present, I tried using sliders but they just nullify the CPU tactics and ruin crossing.

Let's wait for the full game before judging anything, As we were taught by our friends over in the PES thread :)
And boy do we wait for the release of this one....can't wait mate, notepad/video editor on standby.:)

I am reading and reading posts about Fifa and PES and maybe I should copy this post also in PES thread. For sure this is a forum and anyone can write what he want and share his opinion but these threads start to become poisonous. Don't know why speak bad things about the game, dissrespect company like EA or Konami and then buying his product? These are two games that market offers for now, anyone can download the demo and see where to spend his money, which game he likes the most maybe both of them but coming here telling... hmmm lighting is bad, players are like robots, shooting is not varied, this is overpowered, this is wrong, this isn't working etc etc. C'mon we all have eyes and can judge what we want. The meaning of this post is not to insult someone for sharing his thought but to ask for more positivity here. I haven't read posts about how beautiful some game is, how someone enjoyed, to share positive findings no matter fifa or pes. Like Konami or EA put gun on someone head and make you buy the game. People enjoy what you have. Is fifa perfect? NO. is pes perfect? NO. But this is the best these companies can offer for now, maybe little tweaks that we mean are easy and will make the game better probably they are not. I remember the days when I play pes on ps1 and was amazed of some things like shooting, freekicks, through balls and enjoyed. Why can't we today enjoy games that are far more advanced than ps1 games??? There are positives for sure in both games. Sorry for long post but take a little time to enjoy the games not to find bugs all the time

I am reading and reading posts about Fifa and PES and maybe I should copy this post also in PES thread. For sure this is a forum and anyone can write what he want and share his opinion but these threads start to become poisonous. Don't know why speak bad things about the game, dissrespect company like EA or Konami and then buying his product? These are two games that market offers for now, anyone can download the demo and see where to spend his money, which game he likes the most maybe both of them but coming here telling... hmmm lighting is bad, players are like robots, shooting is not varied, this is overpowered, this is wrong, this isn't working etc etc. C'mon we all have eyes and can judge what we want. The meaning of this post is not to insult someone for sharing his thought but to ask for more positivity here. I haven't read posts about how beautiful some game is, how someone enjoyed, to share positive findings no matter fifa or pes. Like Konami or EA put gun on someone head and make you buy the game. People enjoy what you have. Is fifa perfect? NO. is pes perfect? NO. But this is the best these companies can offer for now, maybe little tweaks that we mean are easy and will make the game better probably they are not. I remember the days when I play pes on ps1 and was amazed of some things like shooting, freekicks, through balls and enjoyed. Why can't we today enjoy games that are far more advanced than ps1 games??? There are positives for sure in both games. Sorry for long post but take a little time to enjoy the games not to find bugs all the time

Because back in the ISS PRO Deluxe and Fifa 98 days, there were plenty around that hated one or the other too. The difference is we now have discussion boards to talk about the aspects we like and don't like. That's the whole point of it. I agree that some users on here will blindly attack or defend their title of choice, but the vast majority of us are bouncing opinions around validly.

Please let me even out my "the lighting is hurting my eyes" comment with a more measured "review". I've only played about 20-25 matches in the demo, so there are probably many aspects I haven't noticed yet. But here are my list of pros and cons so far.

PROS

+ The general variety in matches, no match has yet felt the same as another match
+ Shooting! Feels right, and so so varied
+ In general, every attack have so far felt very organic and lifelike, I'm just completely in love with the variety of goals I have both scored myself and seen the AI score. This, for me, is one of the most important aspects of a footy game. If the goals you score and concede look like they could happen in real life, you're onto something!
+ The general balance of game just feels right - you're going to dominate a lesser team, and be closer matched with better teams
+ Attacking AI runs - ah, this bit is just bliss, finally a football game where the attacking AI have half a brain! Always options and clever runs if you take your time on the ball. It's like the AI is programmed to analyze the game and see where there are openings to exploit - excellent stuff!
+ Lots of nice animations
+ Ball trajectory and how it influences the game (gets a lot more noticable playing on manual or semi-manual passing, I've found) ...
+ ... and players reacting realistically to the circumstances, if a ball goes a bit astray, put out a foot to get it, position the body differently to reach it somehow - feels very organic. LOVE this aspect of the game, best I've seen yet in any footy game.
+ Opponent defensive AI - although not perfect, they close you down and move realistically, they're maybe a tad too aggressive overall on worldclass and above though, in my opinion
+ Graphics (bar the lighting in some stadia) are really nice
+ Crossing and the outcome feels very organic as well
+ Presentation in general is excellent
+ The quick subs are an awesome addition - use it a lot!
+ Quite a few nice camera angles to choose from
+ Replays are excellent! I love that you can see all the replays from a broadcast cam after a game WITH commentary. This is just such a nice touch, love it.
+ Collisions are nice!
+ Haven't seen a goalkeeper howler yet! Well, one, but it felt completely reasonable.
+ Referees are generally quite good
+ Commentary isn't perfect, but best one yet in any sports game I've played
+ Player ID seems good to me so far. Griezmann, Ronaldo and Sterling, for instance, really feel like their real life counterpart.

There are probably even more pros, I just forget a few of them. I really, really like the demo - been loving it, and have very few niggles to complain about at this point. But there are some ...

CONS

- General inertia of players and the ball feels a little off, a little light
- Passing sometimes feel a little floaty because of this
- Some of the old, old FIFA animations (from back in 2000) are still in the game, and they look archaic - thankfully the new good animations outweigh them easily, but seeing the stocky quirky old animations still in the game is a bit daft.
- The lighting on some of the stadia. Playing on the Bombonera is just ... I don't know what the developers are thinking, it's very obviously far too light. Also, being color blind, I really struggled playing with black kits against red kits on the Al Fayd stadium because of the lighting - I just had to turn off the game.
- Speed of the game is probably a tad too quick - but if you compare with a real football game, it's just a tad too quick. It might be that it's just the passing that is too quick, the passing animations and how the ball leaves the foot just feels a little off sometimes (at least compared to PES, which really has passing spot on this year)
- Moving around the tactics/strategy menus just feel a little slow to me, for some reason, can't put my finger on it (very minor niggle), it's like the game lags a little or something when you're in menus (but this seems to be a thing with EA sports games, NHL does the same)

That's all I can think of for now. Looking forward to trying the full game over a longer period, and see what I think. The demo certainly promises a lot for it. I really hope they fix the lighting issue, as it's the only really annoying thing for me so far. :)

Last edited:
From ShopTo.....

***IMPORTANT FIFA 18 SHIPPING INFORMATION***

We have just been advised by EA that they have placed a shipping restriction on Fifa 18 for all retailers, these will now be shipped on Thursday the 28th for the 29th. This should not affect delivery of the item for release, but some delays can occur within the postal service on rare occasions. If you wish to cancel this order, please do as quickly as possible in the pre-order section of your account.

Once your pre-order has been put through to 'PROCESSING' or is 'COMPLETED' we will be unable to action any updates for you or cancel the order. Please be aware though that if your order is being shipped outside the UK we unfortunately cannot guarantee delivery on the release date.

I ordered mine from the Game Collection always been good and dont seem to follow the trends put on the popular retailers for restricted releases like above.

If I buy the EA access tomorrow can I carry the save over to the full game?

On hotukdeals there's a deal linking to quidco for new signups the game is 49.99 through zavi with 20 pound cashback making it 29.99 for ps4 ..just ordered ..needs to be before 11th October

EA done goofed. Shocker.

Obvious, but make sure to close the config as it eats away at your time. I can't even get past the config! It shows up in the task manager, then disappears after a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom