FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Hm, could download the PS4/Xbox version, but I'll hold out for the PC version. I want the best first impression possible.

EDIT: Oh, appears to be out. Good timing.

game looks like pes 6 in hd

Nonsense, the game looks just fine. In most YouTube vids the colors look quite dull / washed out, but the game looks fine on my ps4 pro.

Played 3 games so far. It's different. Feels heavier, i love the shooting, scored an absolute screamer of a daisycutter with Juve, had me jump out of my seat.
Crossing on the other hand.... i hate it. Must say i never got the hang of crossing, i either underpower or overpower them.

Going to play some more, sofar i'm liking it.

Last edited:
Nonsense, the game looks just fine. In most YouTube vids the colors look quite dull / washed out, but the game looks fine on my ps4 pro.

Played 3 games so far. It's different. Feels heavier, i love the shooting, scored an absolute screamer of a daisycutter with Juve, had me jump out of my seat.
Crossing on the other hand.... i hate it. Must say i never got the hang of crossing, i either underpower or overpower them.

Going to play some more, sofar i'm liking it.

i meant that in a good way, im still playing pes6 and think its the greatest football game of all time. it was actually a compliment

Having an opinion on the demo/game is different to going over and over the same nuances and issues to make your point. I have no problem with folk voicing their concerns or saying the demo/game is rubbish, but it's when they then come back to say it again, and again, and again. Or saying it's the worst football game they've ever played. Wut? Unless it's the only football game they've played, then no it is not. It's basically said for effect.

Not a go at you at all. Hell, this is an open forum and folk can post what they like, I'm not in charge. But it does get kinda repetitive seeing the same stuff spouted again and again when in reality the easiest thing to do is just exit the internet completely.

Agree. If you dont like it you dont need to keep saying it.
Say your piece then dont return to the thread again as you have already told us you dont like it!!

Having an opinion on the demo/game is different to going over and over the same nuances and issues to make your point. I have no problem with folk voicing their concerns or saying the demo/game is rubbish, but it's when they then come back to say it again, and again, and again. Or saying it's the worst football game they've ever played. Wut? Unless it's the only football game they've played, then no it is not. It's basically said for effect.

Not a go at you at all. Hell, this is an open forum and folk can post what they like, I'm not in charge. But it does get kinda repetitive seeing the same stuff spouted again and again when in reality the easiest thing to do is just exit the internet completely.

I agree. But it's funny when this happens the other way around with the other game and no one could say this because the people who were constantly negative were "frustrated" because of KONAMI and other stuff like that.

I just cannot get used to defending. But I'm liking the game.

Somethings like passing is putting me off, that and the super agility of some players.

But why is this pressing one button to cover another to tackle thing. It's odd and not very organic.

I like the shooting even if a little OP, but at least is contextual and its trajectories and speed are in accord with the animation.

Speed bursts are way OP to, you can run through the line with a fast player and go to the goal almost untouched.

It's been a long time since I could play more than 5 games of a fifa demo. In this one I can.

For me, the BIGGEST ADDITION in FIFA 18 is those little steps when a player tries to change direction or to slow down.
This gives a totally new sense of gravity and real body weigth, inertia and momentum.
Even when you move a player without the ball (fouls, corner kicks) you notice that and it is AWESOME

Not a bad demo after a few more games, my pes comes today so make a decision in a couple of weeks once i read people's reviews ...only concern I have is AI on top player let me dribble through at ease with Blind..just needs tightening up a bit

Hello. Does anyone know if world cup, or qulifications or other cups for National teams will be in the game ? or will national teams only have friendly game matches...... I miss the game fifa "road to world cup"..... !

I think in demo they maybe take the colour/lighting scheme from PS4 version which mostly played on TV (normally more bright and more contrast). Then when displayed on my monitor wit becomes less bright and contrast it looks darker.. may be.

I think in demo they maybe take the colour/lighting scheme from PS4 version which mostly played on TV (normally more bright and more contrast). Then when displayed on my monitor wit becomes less bright and contrast it looks darker.. may be.
Trust me, it even looks horrible on TVs. And if we do those enhancements on the TV, then the day matches look too bright.

EA really loves dark grass dont they?

Amazon are currently selling what could be the deal of the day, if not the year.

Right now it's possible to pick up a brand new PS4 Slim, along with pre-order of the FIFA 18 Ronaldo Edition -
for just £229.99.

HOWEVER, if you bung on the code 'VG25OFF150' you'll get an additional £25 off, sending the price tumbling to a miraculous £204.99.

That's a huge saving of £84.99!

Back
Top Bottom