FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

It is baffling how FIFA seem to be stalling with licenses of stadia in Europe. I can't believe they have lost Nou Camp and Signal Iduna and there still no new stadia in Germany, Italy or Spain (apart from Atleti's replacement stadium). I hope the gameplay of FIFA 18 merits a migration from FIFA 16.

What's going on with the stadiums on FIFA? Why EA don't get any new arena at all? They've got stuck in same stadiums since couple of years (apart from EPL stadiums which are implemented every year, as we obviously know). Not having stadias such as Signal Iduna and Camp Nou is a really shameful for that big brand as EA is, and it is mental they not trying to indemnificat it somehow by adding different arenas. Personally, I'm getting bored of all FIFA stadiums we have for last 5,6 years.

I would really like if EA had at least one stadium from most of the footballing nations in Europe (and the world), especially if that stadium is used by the national team_and_a club that is already licensed by EA.

I wonder how much EA & Konami pay for a one year license to use a famous stadium? And how much for exclusive use?

I would really like if EA had at least one stadium from most of the footballing nations in Europe (and the world), especially if that stadium is used by the national team_and_a club that is already licensed by EA.

I wonder how much EA & Konami pay for a one year license to use a famous stadium? And how much for exclusive use?
How about having stadiums for its licenced leagues?
What's the point of having an exclusive licence and not having stadiums for it? (Bundesliga)
Pathetic really

How about having stadiums for its licenced leagues?
What's the point of having an exclusive licence and not having stadiums for it? (Bundesliga)
Pathetic really
I agree. I said earlier on the page how it's mindblowing how there are no new stadia for German, Spanish, Italian (and French and Dutch) leagues, except for some replacements of a couple of stadia.

But if cost is a factor, why not the stadia of other countries, at least. Surely the Serbian and Swedish stadia licenses can't be too expensive to have at least one?

I agree. I said earlier on the page how it's mindblowing how there are no new stadia for German, Spanish, Italian (and French and Dutch) leagues, except for some replacements of a couple of stadia.

But if cost is a factor, why not the stadia of other countries, at least. Surely the Serbian and Swedish stadia licenses can't be too expensive to have at least one?
Yeah it's mind-blowing,I think that having a licence for a league would require some TLC for that league,otherwise why have it?
And surely some of the smaller leagues would be nice.
Not everyone is a PL fan,but that's where the focus lies.

If you ignore the glitches and the annoying voices of the YouTubers.. the animations and gameplay look like a
1f4a9.png
The animation itself looks like epileptic attacks and glitches
What is going on with FIFA? Since they go to frostbite animations becomes big issues.

Always bothered me, not just from Konami's perspective but from both games. especially when there's a unique world stadium that's not in either game like Stade Louis II, Estadio Da Luz or Bay Arena. Stadiums that can't really be substituted for default stadiums like you kinda can for the De Kuip or Stadio San Paolo.

It's more surprising in some ways that EA who would have the funds to purchase rights for these stadiums don't do so but i guess i shouldn't be surprised, they probably think it wouldn't be worth it, that nobody would care for Portuguese teams or there Stadia & that EA's resources tend to go on Online & FUT. Maybe the Clubs want to much money from both Developers and aren't worth pursuing if there not high profile clubs?

that video above looks outdated compared to PES. It really doesn't look good for a current gen game. I think when PS5 comes, if they have this, there toast. I don't know if it's the players or just the game engine but it's not impressive at all. This frostbite engine has been a disappointment. Explains why EA's overshadowing it with CG movies. Just look at it.......
giphy.gif

Last edited:
that video above looks outdated compared to PES. It really doesn't look good for a current gen game. I think when PS5 comes, if they have this, there toast. I don't know if it's the players or just the game engine but it's not impressive at all. This frostbite engine has been a disappointment. Explains why EA's overshadowing it with CG movies. Just look at it.......
I think you are right it is outdated - I myself don't like the look at it and have gone with PES again this year (2nd year since 2008). However to think that this won't sell and it is "toast" just isn't the case. Firstly it as all the licenses, it does an acceptable job at representing football, it has loads of modes, online works - it appeals to the market its aimed at. The second reason is that Konami really don't help themselves. Licenses aside, they release a great BETA, probably one of the best football games ive ever played including ISS 1 - PES 2006 and then for the demo, as good as it looks, release a really mixed bag. No fouls, bad positioning. It could have been amazing but its somewhat spoilt the experience. Now I know that I can put in kits, and edit the formations to address some of the issues but my time is precious having a family. I will find the time to do it but how many will that put off.

I think you are right it is outdated - I myself don't like the look at it and have gone with PES again this year (2nd year since 2008). However to think that this won't sell and it is "toast" just isn't the case. Firstly it as all the licenses, it does an acceptable job at representing football, it has loads of modes, online works - it appeals to the market its aimed at. The second reason is that Konami really don't help themselves. Licenses aside, they release a great BETA, probably one of the best football games ive ever played including ISS 1 - PES 2006 and then for the demo, as good as it looks, release a really mixed bag. No fouls, bad positioning. It could have been amazing but its somewhat spoilt the experience. Now I know that I can put in kits, and edit the formations to address some of the issues but my time is precious having a family. I will find the time to do it but how many will that put off.
i know, your right it will still sell, a lot of kids buy it because there friends do, it's like a revolution. I can't wait to see these games on PS5 and what they both look like on the pitch, not off the pitch but on it.

I think that the only thing that will look different for FIFA on the new XBOX or the new Playstation is going to be the LOD. Like... if FIFA is using ULTRA HIGH LOD right now for PS4 PRO and XBOX ONE, then it's probably going to have a superior one for the new consoles. Like the one Fidel unlocked for FIFA 17. But I can't really see EA bothering too much making higher resolution textures, or something really ground breaking that'll make you want to buy the new consoles just for FIFA.

I remember when PS4 came out and EA promoted FIFA's new engine "IGNITE" for the (back then) new FIFA 14. It really made you want to make the jump from PS3, but now...

Would have expected some more news / gameplay vids by now. There's a few of them on youtube, but most of them are fast paced human vs human.
Would love to see some game vids of playing against the cpu.

Would have expected some more news / gameplay vids by now. There's a few of them on youtube, but most of them are fast paced human vs human.
Would love to see some game vids of playing against the cpu.
yes me as well would love that

Back
Top Bottom