FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

How long do Konami have the Champions League license? It's been a while. I imagine EA would pay dearly for it.

How long do Konami have the Champions League license? It's been a while. I imagine EA would pay dearly for it.

They wouldn't. The only way EA would go for that license is if Konami walk away from it. EA have proven they don't need it in FIFA.

You don't think they'd put a cheeky bid in? I'm sure they'll put a horse in the race, even if they're a little conservative.

Here's an article regarding the license coming up for renewal - not that it contains much info. FootyHeadlines.com - UEFA CL Could Return to FIFA in 2018

Honestly don't see it unless Konami walk away. EA know that obtaining the license will not increase the user base. Basically, those who prefer PES are not staying with the game because of that licence. EA might throw about a fair bit, but the CL license isn't something they would get into a bidding war over, in my opinion. It adds way more value to PES, and likely UEFA, than it ever could FIFA. UEFA would probably prefer their competition(s) gets top billing in marketing and promotion, wherever that might be, and it wouldn't happen in a FIFA product. I believe EA would rather use their clout to amass more leagues and quite honestly further ways in which to make FUT even more of a draw.

There's another reason. FIFA has a far deeper career mode... off the pitch. Like you and many others have said, play against the AI can be a bit iffy at best and it isn't where the focus lies for a huge amount who buy the game. FUT, like myClub, is a fantasy universe so continental cup competition licenses aren't that big a deal. I think they would take it if Konami were to leave it vacant, but even then I think they could potentially face competition from elsewhere - likely not from a publisher or developer looking to make a console/PC game, but some utterly random corporation who might try gain complete exclusivity for something on another platform entirely.

To be honest neither game needs UEFA competition licenses. Sounds mad, but they really don't. Yeah, it is a real thing in the real sport but would a continental club cup competition lose that much gravitas in a football videogame if it were down to the art department to dream up the look of it? I don't think it would. When I play the pretend CL in FIFA the games still feel like big matches, away from the norm.

this cat is talking some shit, like a high level mathematics guru
can't wait to play this demo to see this big change he claims
visually this looks just like 17 to me
like the shot of Stanford Bridge it's same as 17
again night lighting is:SICK:

Apparently on the gamescom build, the custom tactics will have a bigger impact. Good news.

Gamescom build gameplay wise actually looks pretty good. The only worry now is the CPU passing completion rate.

PC or console for FIFA 18? Are there advantages (potential modding) for FIFA on PC? I've only had on console.

i must be in the minority but i think it looks a lot smoother than 17. passing looks more deliberate. I like it. I only play AI so will need to play it

more deliberate is how I would describe it, feels more PES like, better at executing what you were imagining. I still hate that if I do a full powered pass it will be weak and I need to use the "power pass" button which is still too OP.

PC or console for FIFA 18? Are there advantages (potential modding) for FIFA on PC? I've only had on console.

Mods for FIFA 17 weren't possible due to the Frostbite engine, but it seems like they've finally figured out a workaround. While not 100% official, it does seems like very promising news for FIFA 17, 18, and beyond.

http://www.moddingway.com/news/6787.html

Besides that, what modes do you spend the most time in? There are a lot fewer people on the PC version, and the likes of FUT and Divisions are a mess due to exploits and "hackers." If you're looking to play primarily offline, I'd go with the PC version with the promise of mods returning.

Mods for FIFA 17 weren't possible due to the Frostbite engine, but it seems like they've finally figured out a workaround. While not 100% official, it does seems like very promising news for FIFA 17, 18, and beyond.

http://www.moddingway.com/news/6787.html

Besides that, what modes do you spend the most time in? There are a lot fewer people on the PC version, and the likes of FUT and Divisions are a mess due to exploits and "hackers." If you're looking to play primarily offline, I'd go with the PC version with the promise of mods returning.
Definitely offline. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom