FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

If anyone is interested, it appears that Xbox store has leaked the release date for the demo. Release date won't come as a surprise to anyone

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-28-21-05-50.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-28-21-05-50.png
    294 KB · Views: 70
Thanks.

Oh damn, that part at 0:17 is pretty cool.

The argentinian goal celebration.

I'm gathering (hoping) it is just a trailer "asset" but why does everything have this strange colour filter over it and just this overly Michael Bay-esque cinematic look? I thought they were going for broadcast authenticity? I mean, they are, so far as what they are actually adding goes but it looks off. Also, if all these cuts are in 30fps after playing at 60fps it causes an annoying disconnect that stops it feeling "live", especially if it were the case the cuts were to have that filter over everything where maybe the gameplay side actually wouldn't. But that is me venturing into theorising territory that I could end up potentially allowing to annoy me for what might prove to be no reason whatsoever.

If anyone is interested, it appears that Xbox store has leaked the release date for the demo. Release date won't come as a surprise to anyone

If that's true, then too bad for EA.
PES full game will be out. They should put their demo out between PES demo and PES full game to steal some of the spotlight.

I'm gathering (hoping) it is just a trailer "asset" but why does everything have this strange colour filter over it and just this overly Michael Bay-esque cinematic look? I thought they were going for broadcast authenticity? I mean, they are, so far as what they are actually adding goes but it looks off. Also, if all these cuts are in 30fps after playing at 60fps it causes an annoying disconnect that stops it feeling "live", especially if it were the case the cuts were to have that filter over everything where maybe the gameplay side actually wouldn't. But that is me venturing into theorising territory that I could end up potentially allowing to annoy me for what might prove to be no reason whatsoever.
Cutscenes have unlocked framerates on pc. And you're right, 30 fps all of a sudden just ruins the immersion. 60 FPS is possible if they use interlaced resolution during cutscenes on consoles. It will look a bit blurry but the 60fps is worthwhile.

But that wont happen since most users are fine with 30fps cutscenes.

If that's true, then too bad for EA.
PES full game will be out. They should put their demo out between PES demo and PES full game to steal some of the spotlight.

Most FIFA fans won't give a toss that PES full game is out though.

Most FIFA fans won't give a toss that PES full game is out though.

Have you seen how many views the PES 2018 videos have on Konami's official Youtube channel?. I doubt that's only PES fans...
A LOT of FIFA fans will at least try PES demo, simply because it "the new thing" and because there isn't any FIFA material to try. And they just might like it...

But that wont happen since most users are fine with 30fps cutscenes.
If I recall correctly, the human eye barely notices any difference over 24 fps... That's why people are usually OK with 30 fps cutscenes.
The '30 fps are so bad' thing is usually related to sudden frame drops during an action scene when v-sync is enabled (so if you cannot reach 60 fps you'll suddenly drop to 30 and you notice a little bit of stuttering).
This would be most likely solved by adaptive sync (FreeSync or G-Sync), which would provide no tearing (like when v-sync is enabled) and no stuttering (like when v-sync is disabled) at once.

If all the cutscenes are 30 fps (and are stable, so no fps drop or variation) you're most likely right, hardly anyone would notice it IRL.

If I recall correctly, the human eye barely notices any difference over 24 fps... That's why people are usually OK with 30 fps cutscenes.
The '30 fps are so bad' thing is usually related to sudden frame drops during an action scene. If all the cutscenes are 30 fps (and are stable, so no fps drop or variation) you're most likely right, hardly anyone would notice it IRL.
Be A Pro camera is 30fps on console and I can't use it. Yeah, first world problems and all that, but. It looks janky in comparison, and it feels janky, and laggy.

Switch from a usual gameplay camera (e.g. Co-Op), to the Be A Pro camera (on console), and tell me you can't tell the difference between 60fps and 30fps - and for a game that requires close-control dribbling and quick responses when defending, I feel like I need every one of those frames, man...

Switch from a usual gameplay camera (e.g. Co-Op), to the Be A Pro camera (on console), and tell me you can't tell the difference between 60fps and 30fps
I'll have to try that to see the difference, as for example I'm one of those who don't really feel that the cutscenes are janky (neither on PC nor on Xbox One*). Maybe it's different during actual gameplay, as you say.

*the PES 2015 ones were abysmal for example on the One, it looked like it would barely reach 10 FPS back then during the 'match opening' cutscenes... But this ain't the PES thread so I'll stop the comparison here.

The '30 fps are so bad' thing is usually related to sudden frame drops during an action scene when v-sync is enabled (so if you cannot reach 60 fps you'll suddenly drop to 30 and you notice a little bit of stuttering).
This would be most likely solved by adaptive sync (FreeSync or G-Sync), which would provide no tearing (like when v-sync is enabled) and no stuttering (like when v-sync is disabled) at once.

If all the cutscenes are 30 fps (and are stable, so no fps drop or variation) you're most likely right, hardly anyone would notice it IRL.

That only happens with double buffered Vsync. Almost all games use triple buffered Vsync.

I always play with Vsync on, and if all games dropped to 30fps from 60fps, I couldn't play it at all. Fortunately doubled buffered Vsync is rarely used.

FYI, FiFA 16 uses doubled buffered Vsync when you force though Nvidia driver. But if you enable Tripple buffer from driver, then it works (Even though people say driver triple buffer works with only OpenGl).

And if game drops to 30fps due to double buffered vsync, there wont be stutters as long as it stays at 30. If it keeps switching between 30 and 60, then you will see stutters.

And stutters happens with tripple buffer vsync if your fps cant match with refresh rate. Adaptive vsync reduces the freezing but the stutter is still noticeable and there are screen tears.

The real question is, what will PES/FiFA 18 use? Hopefully its Triple buffered Vsync.

Incase of FiFA, FPS lock to 60 is useless since it locks fps to 30 in cutscenes (And no its not because of double buffered vsync. The game is locked to half of your refresh rate if you use 60 fps lock).

And yeah, if I set fps limit to 60 in fifa 16, it actually locks fps to that of your refresh rate. So when I used 74hz, my frame rate was locked to 74 fps and 37 fps during cutscenes.

Any significant career mode changes?
Bloody hell, there's a name I've not seen in a long time. Hello Eaton!

Career mode changes are mostly cosmetic, it would seem. Other than the gameplay promises (every AI team should have their own style - in reality there are six to choose from, which are somehow combined with the "custom tactics" you set, and how that works when they could completely clash I have no idea).

You can insert certain clauses in contracts now (bid release clauses etc.), which is a good thing. Other than that, you now discuss transfers "in person" with the other team, the player's agent etc. via cut-scenes. Lots of cut-scenes.

Also, "breaking news" replaces the old news format and features items like, for example, images of new signings putting on your team's shirt (they've ripped off the ML there). This replaces the old text news items that were a bit shoddy.

Would love to see U23 squads in Career Mode.

I would work for free just to implement my ideas on Career Mode into the game. Makes you wonder whether the people that create FIFA games are actually football people. So many simple things that could create a greater and more immersive Career Mode. Ugh.

I hate FUT and the day it was ever created. Why not just make it a separate entity and have a sole stand alone football simulation. In theory it would generate more income for EA anyway. Tossers.

Would love to see U23 squads in Career Mode.

I would work for free just to implement my ideas on Career Mode into the game. Makes you wonder whether the people that create FIFA games are actually football people. So many simple things that could create a greater and more immersive Career Mode. Ugh.

I hate FUT and the day it was ever created. Why not just make it a separate entity and have a sole stand alone football simulation. In theory it would generate more income for EA anyway. Tossers.

As stated many times before the Career Mode needs to get basic things fixed and proper competition rules applied to the game to make it much more enjoyable for me.

I have a pretty big wish list for career mode, but I know nothing will be added as year after year you get stupid bugs like the image below which are just really lazy programming.

SI can get the competition rules correct for 100 leagues around the world, EA can't get them right with a dozen.

fixture.png

As stated many times before the Career Mode needs to get basic things fixed and proper competition rules applied to the game to make it much more enjoyable for me.

I have a pretty big wish list for career mode, but I know nothing will be added as year after year you get stupid bugs like the image below which are just really lazy programming.

SI can get the competition rules correct for 100 leagues around the world, EA can't get them right with a dozen.

fixture.png
I've been whining about the 1 game suspension after a straight red when you play PL for years
Not to mention the "stuck at a life time contract and no free agency" in Player career.
Wouldn't be that hard to fix?
Same with promoted/relegated teams wearing the wrong league badges.

Have you seen how many views the PES 2018 videos have on Konami's official Youtube channel?. I doubt that's only PES fans...
A LOT of FIFA fans will at least try PES demo, simply because it "the new thing" and because there isn't any FIFA material to try. And they just might like it...

Yeah they'll try it, maybe buy it, then trade it for FIFA.

As it stands the AI in pes 18 is poor , hopefully fifa sort it out this year and give us a decent single player game.

I had the chance to play the full version of the game at Gamescom and believe me, the AI in PES is much better than in FIFA 18. I played many games on Legendary and it was so easy and the AI was just poor.

the AI in FIFA 17 was dire please don't tell me I am going to win every game on legendary again?!!

Don't the big gaming companies actually play test their product??

I will do it for free and give good feedback!!

Sick to death of these glaring issues in both games looks like I have no football game to look forward to or just play them online?

The AI in PES can easily be improved(by making them follow player stats more) however the FIFA's AI is strained into scripted events to the point they have to rebuild a new dynamic AI which we will probably see in FIFA 24. I wish there was a footie game AI that used machine learning system.

Didn't know EA got the license for 3. Liga? Fantastic, it's been on my wanted list for years. Going to take my mother's hometown of Wiesbaden to the Bundesliga!

Didn't know EA got the license for 3. Liga? Fantastic, it's been on my wanted list for years. Going to take my mother's hometown of Wiesbaden to the Bundesliga!
Do they also have Zweite?
Think that EAs treatment of BL is poor,should have if not all,but most stadiums for it.
Miss BL,we haven't got the rights in Sweden for it this year,first in 20 years,due to greedy TV networks

Do they also have Zweite?
Think that EAs treatment of BL is poor,should have if not all,but most stadiums for it.
Miss BL,we haven't got the rights in Sweden for it this year,first in 20 years,due to greedy TV networks

They do indeed! Would be wonderful to see the Bundesliga get a complete presentation overhaul akin to the EPL and La Liga. It's always been one of my favorite leagues. It gives off this intangible feeling that other leagues don't. Germany will have what, 4 stadiums in FIFA 18 since Signal Iduna is exclusive to PES this year. Quite disappointing. There are so many great stadiums around Europe that really should be licensed.

They do indeed! Would be wonderful to see the Bundesliga get a complete presentation overhaul akin to the EPL and La Liga. It's always been one of my favorite leagues. It gives off this intangible feeling that other leagues don't. Germany will have what, 4 stadiums in FIFA 18 since Signal Iduna is exclusive to PES this year. Quite disappointing. There are so many great stadiums around Europe that really should be licensed.
Certainly are tons of great stadiums,not a big PL fan,so getting some more Bundesliga would be nice.
Think that 16's Fratton park (Pompey) is amazing when it comes to cool stadiums

The AI in PES can easily be improved(by making them follow player stats more) however the FIFA's AI is strained into scripted events to the point they have to rebuild a new dynamic AI which we will probably see in FIFA 24. I wish there was a footie game AI that used machine learning system.

Deep Learning algorithms for manager of England!

Back
Top Bottom