FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Guys if i example preorder fifa 18 from cd keys or any other page because codes are cheap than origin, am i going to get that things from pre order?
(normal version)CR7 loan and 8 fut kits
I am not FUT player most of my time i play carrer mode but i never pre ordered game before and wanted to know if i am going to get this things or only way to get them is origin(pre order)?

Yeah, and they seem super confident this year (see the Eurogamer article about balancing posted above, for example).

Which I find bizarre given my beta experience...

From that article..worryingly.

"One of the things we wanted is that FIFA 18 should have a few more goals per match than FIFA 17."

I.e. Kids have complained they can't score.
Not every game finishes 4-4.
Back in the day that's why the other game was better. You could have a 0-0 and enjoy it. Now it's all about a 4-3 or 4-4. Both games have gone that way.

FIFA 18 looks very good from the videos i seen recently..

BUT if it's too easy to score then I worry for series

i hope for two great football game every year but worry we won't get them

we can't even rely on FIFA demo because the final game always changes after....

the fifa 16 demo I remember falling in love with it and guess what full game after being patches was a let down

fingers crossed everyone I need my football game fix

FIFA 18 looks very good from the videos i seen recently..

BUT if it's too easy to score then I worry for series

i hope for two great football game every year but worry we won't get them

we can't even rely on FIFA demo because the final game always changes after....

the fifa 16 demo I remember falling in love with it and guess what full game after being patches was a let down

fingers crossed everyone I need my football game fix

Have a number of friends that still only play 16 unpatched.They never migrated to 17.

Still my favourite in the series 16 ,although I dont think 17 was all bad.I personally feel the patches negated a lot of the launch issues and the shooting and manual settings felt robust.First run on frostbite so bound to be teething issues.

Biggest immersion killer in 17 was
the penaltie system and corner kicks for me.Over egging the pudding.

The three games before 17 I really enjoyed.Just became a little frustrated with patches that regressed those games and made the experience much more watered down,to pander to the speed crowd.

Last edited:
Trouble is both games are now giving the kids want they want like spoilt children.
Back in the day (yes I sound old) you could have good 0-0 and a dull 0-0 but thats football right?
Not according to EA and Konami who want to give "the kids" a high scoring game and therefore ruin the gaming experience for real football fans who understand there are 0-0 that happen.
I mean, how dare a gamer/kid have to suffer the indignity of a scoreless game. How awful that must be for them.
Both makers have just dumbed down the gaming intelligence. You dont have to be great or master a game to score goals as its been made easier.
I remember picking up ISS on SNES and didnt score for my first 6 games. I really had to play well to score let alone win. Not now. Any idiot can score/win.

Last edited:
Have a number of friends that still only play 16 unpatched.They never migrated to 17.

Still my favourite in the series 16 ,although I dont think 17 was all bad.I personally feel the patches negated a lot of the launch issues and the shooting and manual settings felt robust.First run on frostbite so bound to be teething issues.

Biggest immersion killer in 17 was
the penaltie system and corner kicks for me.Over egging the pudding.

The three games before 17 I really enjoyed.Just became a little frustrated with patches that regressed those games and made the experience much more watered down,to pander to the speed crowd.
The free kicks and penalties in FIFA are awful now. Loved the previous system.

Trouble is both games are now giving the kids want they want like spoilt children.
Back in the day (yes I sound old) you could have good 0-0 and a dull 0-0 but thats football right?
Not according to EA and Konami who want to give "the kids" a high scoring game and therefore ruin the gaming experience for real football fans who understand there are 0-0 that happen.
I mean, how dare a gamer have to suffer the indignity of a scoreless game. How awful that must be for them.
Both makers have just dumbed down the gaming intelligence. You dont have to be great or master a game to score goals as its been made easier.
I remember picking up ISS on SNES and didnt score for my first 6 games. I really had to play well to score let alone win. Not now. Any idiot can win.
I couldn't agree more. Both Konami and EA are making FIFA and PES play like NBA Jam..... If I want to play NBA Jam? ill dig out my old SEGA and play it!

They want to sell the most copies and they see that money coming from kids (as in, they LITERALLY SEE IT - FUT credits are confirmed to make more money than sales of the game itself, and Konami see all their mobile games with microtransactions making more money than anything else they do).

Without a third football game emerging from somewhere, taking a massive risk given the domination of FIFA and PES, this is how it's going to be. But I've got to admit - somewhat shamefully, given how poorly I've rated the game for the last 12 months - that I'm really getting into my currrent FIFA 17 save, having nailed the sliders (IMO) and starting at the bottom (EPL football is way too fast and 'weird', with the AI making players do really odd movements with glitchy animations to allow them to breeze past you).

If 18 looked like it had fixed a load of Frostbite issues, and like the AI made teams stand out with their own styles (which was promised), I'd be really excited. But you still see players kicking the ball by ghosting one leg through the other, for example, and my experience with the beta was that all EPL teams hit every ball they can directly to the striker. I enjoyed 17 a lot more, so until the demo hits, I'm really worried.

I mean, how dare a gamer/kid have to suffer the indignity of a scoreless game. How awful that must be for them.
I remember picking up ISS on SNES and didnt score for my first 6 games. I really had to play well to score let alone win. Not now. Any idiot can score/win.

I fully agree with what you are saying.
Really do not like that road both games are on right now.
From a business point of view I get what they are doing though.

They have to make a ton of money / profit each year. So they try to please the crowd that buys the game most, wich (I assume, so this is my personal opinion) are kids in the age range of 10 – 18.
Sure there’s lots of other ages that buy the game, but I think that age range is what they target.
They like FUT, they like to brag who’s the best online. It’s about scoring and doing tricks.

Not my cup of tea, but I’m sure each team gets a lot of pressure from their managers, who get pressure from their managers and so on…to make sure that a lot of money is earned.

I see it in daily life as well. I’m in sales and it is getting harder and harder to build a relationship with a purchaser. Most of them are just focused on the cheapest prices and don’t care about other selling points.
I really hate that, and fully realize that I’m sounding like an old fart (I’m 48 so probably am) but that’s how I see it.

Give the masses what they want. And we at evo web are definitely not the masses.

Oh well, at least in my mind I'm still 16.

But I've got to admit - somewhat shamefully, given how poorly I've rated the game for the last 12 months - that I'm really getting into my currrent FIFA 17 save, having nailed the sliders (IMO) and starting at the bottom (EPL football is way too fast and 'weird', with the AI making players do really odd movements with glitchy animations to allow them to breeze past you).

What are you playing then, a career? I have only played a dutch league and found it quite boring.
Have never played in any of the lower leagues, but it sounds fun.

Can you post your sliders, or did you already do that in the slider thread?

Interested to hear more about this.

Isn't the age of the average gamer these days 30 or something? Maybe not the age of the average FIFA FUThead, of course.

What are you playing then, a career? I have only played a dutch league and found it quite boring.
Have never played in any of the lower leagues, but it sounds fun.

Can you post your sliders, or did you already do that in the slider thread?

Interested to hear more about this.
I'm playing a career yes, started out in English League Two with Blackpool. Not the best players, but I brought in some defenders on free transfers and started slowly building (though the board objectives - basically, "don't spend money" - made it really difficult).

For the first time since I bought the game, I can actually see the difference with different players. I brought in a Chinese free agent, a winger called Quan Lei, who's in his early 30s but his crossing stat is way above that of the other wingers. I thought crossing was broken in the game, but suddenly I'm actually managing to score from them...

I'm only playing on Professional difficulty too - with top-quality players the game is too easy, but with terrible players against other terrible players, it's pretty hard to me. Goalkeepers are set to 20, shot accuracy is something like 60 - but it means that the AI on Professional start scoring goals a little more often and it makes it a good challenge.

I've just been given the Northern Ireland manager's job too, and when you see how well everything is implemented - from the way your scouts work (though it's over-complicated) to the way you're playing in FIFA World Cup qualifiers and everything - it makes it really difficult to accept the ML any more.

Happy to upload the sliders later, though you might have to send me a PM to remind me...

Isn't the age of the average gamer these days 30 or something? Maybe not the age of the average FIFA FUThead, of course.

Could be, i'm really not sure. I know a lot of my friends have kids in that age range.....all of them are asking daddy to buy Fifa. Not a single one of them is playing pes.

I'm playing a career yes, started out in English League Two with Blackpool. Not the best players, but I brought in some defenders on free transfers and started slowly building (though the board objectives - basically, "don't spend money" - made it really difficult).

For the first time since I bought the game, I can actually see the difference with different players. I brought in a Chinese free agent, a winger called Quan Lei, who's in his early 30s but his crossing stat is way above that of the other wingers. I thought crossing was broken in the game, but suddenly I'm actually managing to score from them...

I'm only playing on Professional difficulty too - with top-quality players the game is too easy, but with terrible players against other terrible players, it's pretty hard to me. Goalkeepers are set to 20, shot accuracy is something like 60 - but it means that the AI on Professional start scoring goals a little more often and it makes it a good challenge.

I've just been given the Northern Ireland manager's job too, and when you see how well everything is implemented - from the way your scouts work (though it's over-complicated) to the way you're playing in FIFA World Cup qualifiers and everything - it makes it really difficult to accept the ML any more.

Happy to upload the sliders later, though you might have to send me a PM to remind me...

Thanks for the quick reply.
I have never played a career as a manager, as i find the task of scouting too time consuming.
But i think i'm going to have a look at this and may even give it a try.
If i recall correctly there's a lot of stuff that you can put on automatic.

I fully agree with what you are saying.
Really do not like that road both games are on right now.
From a business point of view I get what they are doing though.

Oh yeah its all about FUT for EA no doubt about that. Its a simple but very successful business model.
But the knock on effect is the game play is dumbed down to accommodate kids spending sh1tloads of their pocket money.
Can you imagine a kid spending £50 on FUT getting Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar and drawing 0-0?
He'd smash the controller to pieces!

For the first time since I bought the game, I can actually see the difference with different players. I brought in a Chinese free agent, a winger called Quan Lei, who's in his early 30s but his crossing stat is way above that of the other wingers. I thought crossing was broken in the game, but suddenly I'm actually managing to score from them....

Ah yes, the Chinese free agents. They helped me a great deal in my first season with Leyton Orient. I think I had that exact winger. I've had quite a few FIFA 17 career saves, but my Leyton Orient one was my favorite. Mainly because I actually stuck with them for the long haul and revamped my team with mostly academy players. I had a whole slew of Korean academy players that took the squad to the next level.

My post prized player from the save:
jUOVwBK.png

And still only 20. Loved him to death. His name was quite apt given his shooting ability.

Ah yes, the Chinese free agents.
Yeah, they're not exactly superstars but for a lower-league team, they add to the squad depth. The average OVR in my squad was about 60 at first, and I didn't get Quan Lei until season two (when it was about 62), but he's rated at 67 and even though he's slow, he seems to be a little more intelligent positionally and his crosses resulted in three headed goals in his first three games (compared to about three headed goals in the entirety of the previous season).

I had some pretty strong, tall players, and I was cursing the game for crosses being useless, but they're not now!

I set up an academy at the request of the board, using my entire first season's budget on it, and if I'm honest it's a bit silly now - I've trained a 15-year-old goalkeeper up to a 66 OVR within a couple of months, and there are others who are around 61-63. That's about the same as a lot of the first-team players...

My post prized player from the save:
jUOVwBK.png

I'd be quoting Barry Scott every time he scored.

Are you utilizing early crosses? L1 + Cross? They tend to be much more effective.
Yes, it's the only way to make sure you get the ball across before the defenders are in the perfect position!

@elfie Meant to say, the only massive thing that's missing for me is variation in how the other teams play. There's not much of a cure for it and there are no tactical battles really, and that's the only reason why I still follow the progress of PES so closely, if I'm honest (because it exists there).

Even just a "most recently used formation" screen before kick-off would make me feel a little better about it... But there is so much natural variation (more from the physics than anything else) game-to-game that I can look past it now. Doesn't excuse it, but...

Yeah, they're not exactly superstars but for a lower-league team, they add to the squad depth. The average OVR in my squad was about 60 at first, and I didn't get Quan Lei until season two (when it was about 62), but he's rated at 67 and even though he's slow, he seems to be a little more intelligent positionally and his crosses resulted in three headed goals in his first three games (compared to about three headed goals in the entirety of the previous season).

I had some pretty strong, tall players, and I was cursing the game for crosses being useless, but they're not now!

I set up an academy at the request of the board, using my entire first season's budget on it, and if I'm honest it's a bit silly now - I've trained a 15-year-old goalkeeper up to a 66 OVR within a couple of months, and there are others who are around 61-63. That's about the same as a lot of the first-team players...

I'd be quoting Barry Scott every time he scored.

hahahahaha :)

ive preordered fifa for the first time ever....

has anyone got a list of the generic stadiums in game that all the teams in the game without their real stadium will use?

Last edited:

has anyone got a list of the generic stadiums in game that all the teams in the game without their real stadium will use?
Gerd I am in a same train as you. Played Pes all my life but last two years I play fifa too. To be honest with right sliders you can make game slowing down to your taste and have immense matches, all say how Fifa 17 is bad, I think against 16 it is but with right sliders I have very good games and much variety, battles in the middle. Not to say tha large amount of stadiums make game more interesting, playing in afternoon and hazy weather is like a dream. Eagerly waiting for Fifa 18 :)

you did what!? ;)

i put myself in the PES corner. but FIFA, i buy it every year just to test it. no way around for me as i have to lay hands on it to see gameplay changes myself. 2 month later i usually sell it... just to get it again a few month later...
i know... ;)

its kinda crazy how each game serves big time in particular areas and is a let down in others. wish there was a "best of both worlds edition"! :D

Back
Top Bottom