FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Playing the full version now and it's so much better than FIFA 15. Reminds me a bit more of FIFA 14 for the PS4/XB1 in the sense that it's slower, more methodical (at least that's how I remember FIFA 14 feeling). Like someone said, Old Trafford is breathtaking. I enjoyed the demo and I'm really liking what I've played thus far. I also highly recommend the following SweetFX preset: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4386/

Anyone in Australia i.e. @CalcioCalabrese interested in a Fifa 16 + PS4 1TB bundle can get one for AU$479 at Target starting this Thursday ;)

Anyone in Australia i.e. @CalcioCalabrese interested in a Fifa 16 + PS4 1TB bundle can get one for AU$479 at Target starting this Thursday ;)

haha mate ;) Last year I bought the Xbox One with FIFA 15 bundle. Are you trying to get me over to PS4 for FIFA or for PES? :SNACK:

You know what - if all of my Xbox 360 games (or most of) were available on backwards compatability, I'd consider trading in the 360 for a PS4...but at this stage, I'm spending more time watching TV than I am gaming, so I don't want another purchase collecting dust.

how do you play the game on PC ?? i have this when i go to store

Untitled.png

You need to use Asia VPN (Korea/Japan) to unlock the game then it will remain unlocked with your natural IP (full details were posted in the Fifa16 PC thread)

Martial is beast even though he is just 77 rated..Even ultimate team has a realistic pace this year..I can't believe it..

haha mate ;) Last year I bought the Xbox One with FIFA 15 bundle. Are you trying to get me over to PS4 for FIFA or for PES? :SNACK:

Nope :WHISTLE:

I'm almost in the same bought. And now superhero season is almost here I'll need to squeeze in gaming time!

Shock horror - Asim Tanvir has played Fifa and doesnt like it!

Seen a few reviews and some are good and some say PES wins this year and Fifa has lost its crown.

Seen a few reviews and some are good and some say PES wins this year and Fifa has lost its crown.
I think both games deserve the same score this year if they're based on how playable they are.

I'm looking forward to the FIFA reviews to get the professional opinion of all the different sites, there's a lot of love for PES so far and I'd like to see that for FIFA as well.

I think Adam and Asim are great at what they do, Adam is putting PES back on the right track as far as I'm concerned. My only issue with either of them - and again, I think they're great guys - is that Asim reviewed PES for GamesRadar with no sort of disclosure about the fact that he runs WENB and loves PES as a series. I thought that was very naughty.

Imagine if it was the other way around - someone with close ties to EA giving FIFA a glowing review. EA would be CRUCIFIED by certain people, and rightly so IMO, and everyone would label the review as propaganda.

Again, I think people are very quick to jump on the hate-bus when it comes to FIFA and PES / EA and Konami.

Last edited:

Hmm.. I actually find it shocking that Asim likes PES in the first place. He's been a Fifa fan for years.

Just a query, is purchasing the game from one of the foreign playstation stores cheaper (like US) for PS4 and if so what are the potential negative effects if any?

It's quite simple actually: he likes more arcade football.

Actually makes sense since he preferred FIFA in its arcady days... now moved over to the more arcady PES 16.
FIFA does test your skills...

Last edited:

Every year FIFA loses its crown when we never see a single review crowning it the year before...
It's like their are shy to crown FIFA but very vocal to decrown it.:P

Actually makes sense since he preferred FIFA in its arcady days... now moved over to the more arcady PES 16.
FIFA does test your skills...

We all played pes.. when pes went down and fifa got better some of us bought fifa (by choice) and have preferred fifa since.

So by your own words, Fifa got better during the years PES went down, which happened to be the same years Asim jumped ship to Fifa, when it was more arcady, and you liked it.

Great post there. Bravo. Bravo.

Atmosphere was crazy for this shot.
The mist the flood lights really grabs you and sets the immersion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mx-yJqm5G8

Nothing special other than the knock forward on the ball to set up the shot.
Manual has been nerfed this year so instead of semi shot semi pass might have to go full manual this year.
FIFA15 was layered like a onion last year and I am sure 16 will be no different.

Happy gaming guys..... cant we just all get along!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fO0XltRNQM

Last edited:

Atmosphere was crazy for this shot.
The mist the flood lights really grabs you and sets the immersion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mx-yJqm5G8

Nothing special other than the knock forward on the ball to set up the shot.
Manual has been nerfed this year so instead of semi shot semi pass might have to go full manual this year.
FIFA15 was layered like a onion last year and I am sure 16 will be no different.

Happy gaming guys..... cant we just all get along!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fO0XltRNQM

Thanks for a great vid... fog looking gorgeous...

I think both games deserve the same score this year if they're based on how playable they are.

I'm looking forward to the FIFA reviews to get the professional opinion of all the different sites, there's a lot of love for PES so far and I'd like to see that for FIFA as well.

I think Adam and Asim are great at what they do, Adam is putting PES back on the right track as far as I'm concerned. My only issue with either of them - and again, I think they're great guys - is that Asim reviewed PES for GamesRadar with no sort of disclosure about the fact that he runs WENB and loves PES as a series. I thought that was very naughty.

Imagine if it was the other way around - someone with close ties to EA giving FIFA a glowing review. EA would be CRUCIFIED by certain people, and rightly so IMO, and everyone would label the review as propaganda.

Again, I think people are very quick to jump on the hate-bus when it comes to FIFA and PES / EA and Konami.

Grading each's gameplay about the same makes sense to me, but I don't know how you can grade each game on equal footing when so much of PES outside of gameplay is really poor. From commentary, to licenses, stadiums, to online performance, to menus, to updated rosters, tactics, stats, etc., FIFA is at such a higher level that you can't objectively say it doesn't deserve a higher rating as an entire video game experience.

Seriously, I think at times PES is getting some kind of boost in the ratings based on nostalgia or something. If you go from playing other AAA titles, like Madden, NBA 2K, FIFA, or games in other genres, and then you switch on PES, it's quite shocking the drop in quality in many areas.

But it's really disappointing to see many reviews criticizing FIFA for going the more realistic/sim route this year. Really makes you worry for what direction EA will take with next year's game, especially when they see Konami getting so much praise for making such an easier, arcade-oriented game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom