FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

So I have tried the new patch on the xbox one (on an hdtv because my PC monitor makes FIFA too fast on xbox one) and there is no difference in game speed from the demo at all.

This could be placebo but I am sure I am able to hit more skimming low shots along the ground now. I had a big issue with the lack of control over low shots in the demo but in my first match I hit a couple of lovely angled shot that whizzed across the keeper. I had one of the auto finesse shots, but as I spent the whole match trying to do low shots this was a much more improved ratio than before.

Could be the patch, could be placebo, could just be me getting more used to the game, but I am happier either way. Unless its Placebo then Im duping myself and I hate doing that on Mondays.

LOL yes!

Only played one match (next week's live fixture for Sheffield Wednesday) but enjoyed it a lot, pace was very nice, professional was a good challenge (I lost 3-2 in the last minute), passing and moving felt good, CPU had too high a passing accuracy but that can be worked on with sliders/tactics/playing style so I'm not worried there, I scored two goals I really enjoyed which is great to immediately "feel" something in the game, 2nd one was great purely because it was a GK OG correctly called, finally! I have replays of both goals to upload shortly but in the meantime here's the end game stats:

5 AI fouls (2 were handballs) and 2 yellow cards, how nice is that to see??? :)

https://youtu.be/72cPsxAA34c

Last edited:

Placebo did it feel like a lower league game or did it feel the same as a top division game just with slower players?

Placebo did it feel like a lower league game or did it feel the same as a top division game just with slower players?

LOL it felt like a typical Sheffield Wednesday game as we're playing right now, some very nice football, some very elementary mistakes, and both sides were like that although their passing was a fair bit better as evidenced by the stats.

Placebo thanks for the report. Is that 10 or 15 mins? Default sliders?

10 minutes all manual, slow, default sliders in the first half little bit tweaked in the second half (increased pass/ball control error for them)

I really like watching some of the replays in this year's game - all the little things going on, so much detail, so alive. At the second goal, the failed attempt to block the cross, the Brentford defender's hopeless leap at the near post as he misses the crossed ball by miles, the CB's desperate attempt to chase the ball off the line as he and the keeper realise what's about to happen. Great to see the cpu try but fail in a much more human way thesedays. And the ball physics really looks spot on a lot of the time now.

Yeah it's just so close to that feeling that you're watching real football, football on a kinda crappier level but then that's the lower tiers for you!

Hi there
Sorry for newbie question, but i'm coming back to Fifa after some years.
If i choose manual passing, i'd know if players attributes are being override.
In other words, in this case all my players have the same passing skill?
Thanks

Yeah it's just so close to that feeling that you're watching real football, football on a kinda crappier level but then that's the lower tiers for you!

So pleased to hear that, I've never been able to get into lower league teams before as I haven't felt they were any different to top division teams. Looking forward to it!

Yeah it was mentioned in this or one of the other Fifa threads, real shitty move by the NCAA considering they weren't paid, they had a big fallout with EA about an American Football game a few years back didn't they? Bet it's related to that...

Hi there
Sorry for newbie question, but i'm coming back to Fifa after some years.
If i choose manual passing, i'd know if players attributes are being override.
In other words, in this case all my players have the same passing skill?
Thanks

No I personally feel that manual passing + players with good passing you can really feel it, manual isn't true 100% manual the player you're controlling influences things to a degree.

Your video looks very clear is that due to PC version? Mine below is from the demo on PS4.

Yeah PC version on a monitor so probably brings an extra level of clarity over the console version.

Started CM and played my first pre-season tournament match:

Groningen being the AI of course.

Those 3 fouls by the AI were all penalties, all bringing down my players dribbling in the box and I wasn't really trying for penalties or anything like that.

played a game tonight (demo)

Beat Chelsea 2-3 as City after being 2 down at the break.
Goals from Toure, Augero and Nasri sealed the win

Cant wait to play this as Leyton Orient.

Ugh I ordered from Green Man Gaming for 23% off but they haven't sent any codes out yet. So annoying.

Ugh, due to my eagerness earlier (I'll blame it on that) I completely forgot to purchase FIFA 16 through GMG and bought it for full price via Origin instead. :ZZZ: I even got their email about FIFA being on sale the other day! Dumb. Oh well, time to utilize The Origin Great Game Guarantee and get a refund. Though, I might just bite the bullet. I kind of want to play right now via a VPN.

I think the solution is NOT to chase them because their defenders (and even GK) will pass the ball tika-taka style. Instead, let them come to your half (or even last third) and then make a tackle or maybe wait so AI becomes nervous and they make a long ball / cross / wild pass which you can intercept.
And when you regain possession, don't loose the ball quickly.

Did they broke the custom team tactics again on the full version? Fuck sake, it worked fine on the demo. I can't be arsed with each and every freaking team playing tiki-taka.

Yeah PC version on a monitor so probably brings an extra level of clarity over the console version.

how do you play the game on PC ?? i have this when i go to store

Untitled.png

PRAISE GOD for Mexicoooo y those sexy vpns. 39.99USD.. :D get innnnnnnnnnn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom