FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

The PC version of FIFA 16 is due to be released at 4PM UK TIME on Monday..

The game should be accessible using either a Korean or Japanese proxy.

The game has NOT, NOT, NOT, beer sped up in any way whatsoever from the demo. :)

It's exactly the same as the demo, exactly. Playing on full manual WC, 15 minute halves with slight slider adjustments has made this the best FIFA yet. I'll catch up with Matt shortly, give him my thoughts and then hopefully we can get a slider set up in short order, definitely by release day. Bottom line is anyone can come on here and type up whatever they want depending on their agenda for the day, play it for yourself, judge it for yourself, don't let a little fear mongering steer you away from what is for me a really good game.

Source:
orion523 from Operation Sports Forum

Last edited:

But this is only CM, right? I play a lot of exhibition games and it's great in PES where it makes you rotate the team around due to form arrows. I'm sure FIFA exhibition matches don't have form?

It has the live match day form thing. I think it has injuries in there too.

The game has NOT, NOT, NOT, beer sped up in any way whatsoever from the demo. :)

It's exactly the same as the demo, exactly. Playing on full manual WC, 15 minute halves with slight slider adjustments has made this the best FIFA yet. I'll catch up with Matt shortly, give him my thoughts and then hopefully we can get a slider set up in short order, definitely by release day. Bottom line is anyone can come on here and type up whatever they want depending on their agenda for the day, play it for yourself, judge it for yourself, don't let a little fear mongering steer you away from what is for me a really good game.

Source:
Thanks for comparison.
It was on PC? Right?

The thing about game speed being increased or will be increased is getting old. Don't see why people are obsessed discussing something that is not.

Source:
Maybe not but it sounds like you've had a few BEERS.;)

Can anybody with the retail version confirm if the latest squads have been updated? Sofifa and futhead don't have some of the transfers after the transfer window shut (free agents I guess).

Specifically Thomas Sørensen at Melbourne City (Australia) and Kevin Conboy at FC Utrecht (Netherlands)

Having not played a fifa game since the 90's i'm strugling with the controls. Need some help:

- should i be using the right stick to turn or to stop when i'm dribling? I find that when i see someone play they make it look very smooth whereas with me players sem to have a lot more momentum. (I'm on ps3)
- what's the best way to do one-two's? On pes i used r1 after passing and some times hold l1 before passing. But in fifa 16 if i hold l1 it does that w/o the ball feint. I struggle with lob passes and early crosses as well.
- i read somewhere that double tapping l1 will make my players run. But how do i choose the player i want to go for a run?
- headers: should i be tapping the shoot button or time it to get a god header?

celebrations need serious works. two players hugging each other and three players clapping and jumping alone around them. i'm tired with this repetitive celebration.
every celebration should have at least 7-8 players celebrating together.

Just played arsenal vs Norwich and gad a big group celebration happen with around 6 players. So they do happen, probably just depends on the situation.

Just played arsenal vs Norwich and gad a big group celebration happen with around 6 players. So they do happen, probably just depends on the situation.

they happens on some selected celebrations only i think...

- should i be using the right stick to turn or to stop when i'm dribling? I find that when i see someone play they make it look very smooth whereas with me players sem to have a lot more momentum. (I'm on ps3)
- what's the best way to do one-two's? On pes i used r1 after passing and some times hold l1 before passing. But in fifa 16 if i hold l1 it does that w/o the ball feint. I struggle with lob passes and early crosses as well.

- Let go of left stick and then press R2 for a quick stop.
- If you hold L1 briefly when you pass, the passer runs on after passing it, great for one-twos.
- If you are dribbling with the ball and tap L1 without passing, the player you were_facing_will make a run forward. You can pass when you see them raise their hand for the ball just before or after they break.

- Let go of left stick and then press R2 for a quick stop.

That's the one to stop and turn facing the goal I think? I generally use the other one LT/L2 where the player will stop facing the direction he's in, good way to stop with your back to a defender to shield a ball, especially if you need to hold it up for more teammates to join the attack.

The thing about game speed being increased or will be increased is getting old. Don't see why people are obsessed discussing something that is not.

Oh, so you're telling me the pace of the FIFA 2015 demo for example was exactly the same as the retail? People "obsess" over it because there's precedent for it in both PES and FIFA. And not just pace, but other factors as well.

That's the one to stop and turn facing the goal I think? I generally use the other one LT/L2 where the player will stop facing the direction he's in, good way to stop with your back to a defender to shield a ball, especially if you need to hold it up for more teammates to join the attack.

R2 doesn't face up to goal when you use it to stop. But L2 is even more useful. =D

Having not played a fifa game since the 90's i'm strugling with the controls. Need some help:

- i read somewhere that double tapping l1 will make my players run. But how do i choose the player i want to go for a run?
- headers: should i be tapping the shoot button or time it to get a god header?

> Pace control (L2) will bring the ball closer. It's less effective in 16, but is useful when receiving the ball. Dribbling is mostly about timing and variations in speed. Using LS can be enough with a decent dribbler, with bursts of sprint into space.

> Tap L1 to send a man on the run, you cannot select who but I believe it's the direction you're facing that dictates who runs. If you tap it again another player will activate their run. So for a 1-2, you press pass, then L1, and the passer will bomb forward making himself available for a return ball.

> For headers, hold shoot to generate power then release when you want to make the header. Release too early/late and you either lose the aerial battle or skew the header. Start holding too quickly or late and you will generate too much/little power. Also helps if you jostle before attempting the header to get yourself in a more favourable position. Tap R2 while the ball is aerial, then move the striker in front of the defender before initiating the header.

About different gameplay, the problem is not the full game (it's usually the same as the demo), but the first or second patch (probably the latter) EA will release. If they cater to these kind of people:

KSI [SDMN]
‏@KSIOlajidebt
Fifa 16 is bullshit

Then you know what will happen.

Last edited:

If you press LB/L1 (or whatever button you use to change players), pressing that button while you're moving with the ball will make you stop on the spot. If I want a quick change of direction and I can see a defender is running straight at me, I'll press that button and watch them go past me then move in the other direction or into space.

Also, if you're running with the ball and want to keep the ball closer without doing that sudden change of direction, press the LT/L2 button while still holding the sprint button (so you're pressing both) and the player will change into a slow dribble/close control animation. I use that sometimes too if I want to retain possession rather than trying to outsprint someone when it seems like I'll get tackled or dispossesed.

The only noticeable issue I see is the cpu passing accuracy which is ridiculously high. I played a match on the demo against River Plate and they had a 98% pass success rate on World Class. It was frustrating because I spent almost the entire game chasing them. And also I noticed that from the 75th they took the ball to the corner flag and basically stayed there until the 90th minute. Surely that is a bug? I know teams do that, but not with 15 minutes to go. I tried reducing passing accuracy with the sliders but all that does is make every cpu cross go out for a goal kick. It doesn't really do anything to their normal passing.

I hope they fix that.

That aside the game is amazing

The only noticeable issue I see is the cpu passing accuracy which is ridiculously high. I played a match on the demo against River Plate and they had a 98% pass success rate on World Class. It was frustrating because I spent almost the entire game chasing them. I tried reducing passing accuracy with the sliders but all that does is make every cpu cross go out for a goal kick. It doesn't really do anything to their normal passing.

I hope they fix that.
True. I find you can't reduce AI passing accuacy too much, but you can reduce their passing speed a tad, and increase their first touch error to make their crazy possession game harder for them.

For AI I go: Pass Error 56, Pass Speed 49, First Touch Error 58. Then I see their passing stats around 80-85%.

at the moment i like camera angle Tele Broadcast 15 height 0 zoom.

co-op 20/20 is good but maybe too far out as i notice shooting is harder because the nets are so small in that view. but so far these two are my favourite cameras.

only 4 days left.. :D

Back
Top Bottom