FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

There is this and there is an entire thread devoted to custom tactics in operationsports.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13puhUSfknvldXEmv9ZyMryiyThwtR6ysS11mc78_Z8w/edit#gid=0
None of which work, lol. The only way to get teams in FIFA to play something resembling "different" is to do some heavy editing to the player ratings, and team and formation tables. And actually, creating custom line slider settings for each CPU team is the easiest and one of the more effective ways of creating different team styles. But oddly enough nobody wants to do that, like taking 10 seconds pre-game to adjust 2-3 sliders is too much work.

And actually, creating custom line slider settings for each CPU team is the easiest and one of the more effective ways of creating different team styles. But oddly enough nobody wants to do that, like taking 10 seconds pre-game to adjust 2-3 sliders is too much work.
This is a problem plaguing FIFA since sliders were introduced. We should reduce the set of sliders.

The ultimate set (let's call it the "core" set) will only take care of settings regarding the gameplay (such as acceleration, speed, pass and shoot error, GK overall ability). It should be changeable from where the sliders are now.
It will be common to every team (so if you set GK strength to 60, say, every GK in the game receives a boost of 10% in performance regardless of the team).

Then every other setting that changes way teams play (defense height, width, support) should be adjustable on a per-team basis therefore should be changed in the tactics section of any team, as if you decide to give 60 support to Arsenal you just give it only to Arsenal.
Other teams could have 40, or 80, or whatever-you-want support value. Of course these settings are supposed to work as expected and are supposed to also include other things like attacking styles and such (which now are already in the tactics screen).

When facing a CPU opponent you should then be able to modify the "core" sliders, the tactics of your team, but not the tactics of the opposition of course.

This would actually be the perfect solution at least for me.

This is a problem plaguing FIFA since sliders were introduced. We should reduce the set of sliders.

The ultimate set (let's call it the "core" set) will only take care of settings regarding the gameplay (such as acceleration, speed, pass and shoot error, GK overall ability). It should be changeable from where the sliders are now.
It will be common to every team (so if you set GK strength to 60, say, every GK in the game receives a boost of 10% in performance regardless of the team).

Then every other setting that changes way teams play (defense height, width, support) should be adjustable on a per-team basis therefore should be changed in the tactics section of any team, as if you decide to give 60 support to Arsenal you just give it only to Arsenal.
Other teams could have 40, or 80, or whatever-you-want support value. Of course these settings are supposed to work as expected and are supposed to also include other things like attacking styles and such (which now are already in the tactics screen).

When facing a CPU opponent you should then be able to modify the "core" sliders, the tactics of your team, but not the tactics of the opposition of course.

This would actually be the perfect solution at least for me.
Some good ideas there. The real issue though is that the randomizer/cpu boost coding, when it kicks in, nullifies all slider and tactics settings, that's really why it seems all teams in FIFA play the same style.

None of which work, lol. The only way to get teams in FIFA to play something resembling "different" is to do some heavy editing to the player ratings, and team and formation tables. And actually, creating custom line slider settings for each CPU team is the easiest and one of the more effective ways of creating different team styles. But oddly enough nobody wants to do that, like taking 10 seconds pre-game to adjust 2-3 sliders is too much work.

Sorry, i have a question.
If you do that "heavy editing" is it than possible to use the modified DB in offline master league?
Thanks

Sorry, i have a question.
If you do that "heavy editing" is it than possible to use the modified DB in offline master league?
Thanks
In career mode you mean? Yes. Example: you can redesign team formations by editing the default_teamsheets file. Moving the x and y points allows you to re-position players anywhere in the formation, anywhere on the pitch. Where you position them plays a big role in how they play.

Last edited:

In career mode you mean? Yes. Example: you can redesign team formations by editing the default_teamsheets file. Moving the x and y points allows you to re-position players anywhere in the formation, anywhere on the pitch. Where you position them plays a big role in how they play.
Yes career mode, not master league: sorry but this year i'm coming back to Fifa 16 after many years of Pes...
Ok about formations, but the mofified player stats (pace, agility etc) are you sure are not put back to default?
In other words may i use a modified player in career mode?
Thanks

Out of interest with regards to teams plyaing the same - were any of the mods/patches last year focussed on tactics? Like did anyone go through all the prem teams and change them up, for example?

Absolutely love the gameplay when I have the ball, but I'm just letting the CPU waltz to the edge of my area before I try to defend because it's more entertaining than watching them for 10 minutes pass the ball in their half.

I had an extra time against Dortmund, and the entirety of the 2nd period of it they kept the ball without shooting. Literally, the 15 minutes of game time I didn't touch it, couldn't get near them. And it was a draw!!! I actually think it might be a bug they'll fix, seems like something is wrong with the AI.

Are you sure your controller is plugged in?

Yes career mode, not master league: sorry but this year i'm coming back to Fifa 16 after many years of Pes...
Ok about formations, but the mofified player stats (pace, agility etc) are you sure are not put back to default?
In other words may i use a modified player in career mode?
Thanks
The only time your rosters will be reset back to default is if you have Origin auto-updates turned on, which is why I never play FIFA without my internet connection shut off, lol. And actually, I don't play career mode, and I don't know if auto-updates will even corrupt your career save file. You need to ask someone who knows. What I do know though is once you edit the db - player ratings, team values, formations etc - you can use that db in career mode provided you don't make any more changes to it once you've started your career.

The only time your rosters will be reset back to default is if you have Origin auto-updates turned on, which is why I never play FIFA without my internet connection shut off, lol. And actually, I don't play career mode, and I don't know if auto-updates will even corrupt your career save file. You need to ask someone who knows. What I do know though is once you edit the db - player ratings, team values, formations etc - you can use that db in career mode provided you don't make any more changes to it once you've started your career.

Thanks mate for helping!
Therefore,internet OFF after "heavy editing"
I think i'l do it with the help of FM statistic.
It's a lot of work but with a great reward (i play only offline)
FIFA 16 it's a great game this year, a real competitor. :BYE:

Thanks for the entertainment. Exactly the kind sad kind of people I try to avoid and sign up yearly just to wind people up. This is the kind of person that's been banned yearly. I mean how sick and sad can one get that they have no life but to wait for the same yearly period to do exactly the same thing? I hope this fucktard is proof enough of how hard moderating the PES thread is. Dealing with such people who have no life but to spoil other's fun. This idiot always signs up as a PES fan praising it to no end then magically turns against it after watching videos and playing the demo. Wolf in sheep clothing. Every damn year. And he's not alone. And when he starts crying about how we aren't fair and not allow PES criticisms it just does my head in. Trying to act innocent and winding others up. We know who he is and we know what he's up to. I mean how obvious can you get when you do the same damn thing every year? It's called insanity.

Lol. This guy has some serious issues man....Not Lami, clown baby I mean.

None of which work, lol.

In FIFA16, I disagree. I've definitely had teams playing long-ball football, making them play differently from default, by setting up custom tactics, formations and players instructions to suit.

The real issue though is that the randomizer/cpu boost coding, when it kicks in, nullifies all slider and tactics settings, that's really why it seems all teams in FIFA play the same style.

Alas, this is true. Having managed to get cpu teams to play long-ball football in the 1st half of a match, I found that (probably because I was winning at half-time), in the 2nd half, the cpu team had reverted to the default FIFA style. I checked the cpu's tactical settings to see if they'd changed at half time but they hadn't, so I can only conclude that the cpu boost was simply over-riding everything.

EA need to include in the game settings a new option to turn cpu-boost on/off.

Having managed to get cpu teams to play long-ball football in the 1st half of a match, I found that (probably because I was winning at half-time), in the 2nd half, the cpu team had reverted to the default FIFA style. I checked the cpu's tactical settings to see if they'd changed at half time but they hadn't, so I can only conclude that the cpu boost was simply over-riding everything.
I think the only changes that happen are the CPU manager going up and down from defence to attack. If you want to see this in action, play a Be A Pro game in FIFA 16 and you can see it all happening in real-time - watch that bar go up and down like crazy.

I think they're slightly overpowered in terms of the way they affect the tactics, though. They do override them a little bit.

13.19 GB with all commentary or only English?

That I'm not sure, the version I bought supports numerous languages (all the usual ones as well as Arabic and Chinese for example) but not sure which ones have commentary.

how you made pre-load for PC version ??

I saw someone say it was ready so I launched Origin :)

I think the only changes that happen are the CPU manager going up and down from defence to attack. If you want to see this in action, play a Be A Pro game in FIFA 16 and you can see it all happening in real-time - watch that bar go up and down like crazy.

Not sure what you mean by the CPU manager going up and down....do you mean the attack/defence level that the human operates with L/R on the D-pad?

I should point out I've only played the demo so don't think I can play the be-a-pro setting in it (unless I've just not spotted it), so perhaps the cpu manager is something that is more apparent in that mode?

If you like the demo, yep.

Still not convinced the AI makes each team play differently enough for my liking but it's a great game IMO, same as the demo.

If anything exciting (or terrible) happens I'll be sure to report it and/or upload a clip.

http://www.twitch.tv/ukjackbauer

Someone requested a few positives and negatives - I don't have a lot to say really because it's so similar to the demo!

It's also difficult because I don't want to say anything unless it's fact...

+ Those superpower passes have either been turned down in terms of their effectiveness (I've miscontrolled nearly all of them), or they only work with the world's best players most of the time (I don't play as Barca etc.)!

+ Online games, so far, have been slow, difficult games. So far they've needed a bit of intelligence to progress up the pitch. No pacefests. But...

- Pace seems worthless, it seems more pronounced when you're someone who has maybe 80 or so for pace (fast, but not blistering). You should be able to outrun someone, but you really can't.

- Those online games have been hard slogs with possession switching back and forth regularly. I've enjoyed them but I wouldn't say they're what the average Joe would call "fun" because they were almost entirely bogged down in midfield, and I'm predicting a pasting for this in the reviews.

- On the same subject, the defensive AI is so good (and tight to a man), all of the time, that often you'll have the ball in the middle of the pitch and you'll have absolutely nobody to pass to, even behind you. I've given up possession a few times after holding up the ball as long as I could, when nobody was able to get free of their man. Nobody, out of 9 other outfield players.

- The pass power gauge seriously needs looking at. Once, I held down the pass button and powered the bar to its maximum level, and the pass (which wasn't miskicked) was SO BADLY underhit that it travelled 10ft or so when the target was 100ft away. It doesn't make sense, it feels wrong. It dribbled off the end of the guy's boot and straight to the opponent as if he was the intended target.

- Auto-finesse is still there (seems to be related to hitting shots with the wrong foot as Placebo suggested, but results in ridiculous-looking attempts that you absolutely didn't intend, e.g. trying to sidefoot the ball from 40 yards out).

Still loving the game, I'm just a critical bastard. ;)

Late reaction but i'm catching up on my reading.
What you mention is worrying me. The auto finesse really sucks.
What you write about pass power doesn't sound too good either.

I played some more demo games and noticed that midfield is congested. Lots and lots of pressure. Something that Always put me off in previous FIFA versions (15 excluded)

I know a lot of people complained about 15 having no midfield, but i don't like the way they changed it now. Feels forced.

Not sure what you mean by the CPU manager going up and down....do you mean the attack/defence level that the human operates with L/R on the D-pad?

I should point out I've only played the demo so don't think I can play the be-a-pro setting in it (unless I've just not spotted it), so perhaps the cpu manager is something that is more apparent in that mode?
Apologies, I thought you were talking about the full game.

It is the attack/defence level I'm referring to, yeah. I started a Be A Pro game as an Accrington Stanley striker, and during the game you can see what the CPU AI is doing (and it makes it easier to understand what happens when you play a "normal" match against the CPU - the decisions are the same). It makes quite severe changes and the way that they're implemented can destroy the base tactics.

During the first half (no goals), the level was set to the medium setting throughout (with the odd flick down one notch), but as soon as the second half kicked off, it was set to the second-most attacking setting, and once we scored, after going down a notch until the 70th minute, it was set to "park the bus".

When it was set to a more attacking setting, players weren't tracking back and bombing forward, making much poorer passes overall, but when it was set to "park the bus" it was keep-ball time with perfect passing accuracy. Almost like entirely different teams.

Late reaction but i'm catching up on my reading.
What you mention is worrying me. The auto finesse really sucks.
What you write about pass power doesn't sound too good either.

I played some more demo games and noticed that midfield is congested. Lots and lots of pressure. Something that Always put me off in previous FIFA versions (15 excluded)

I know a lot of people complained about 15 having no midfield, but i don't like the way they changed it now. Feels forced.
Auto-finesse does suck - it's looking like it's EA's implementation of someone shooting with their wrong foot, but it doesn't match up with the animation, or your intention, so it looks (and feels) weird.

Pass power is frustrating too, but it's not constant. One in every sixty passes, maybe.

Also, yes, the congestion in the midfield can feel "forced". I know exactly what you're referring to - when you play 3-4 games in a row where the midfield is the same, it doesn't feel natural. It feels like there's a "boost" being applied to the midfield to stop you being able to break through it.

But, that being said... The more I play the game, as someone else has said before me, the more you see little flashes of individuality (and team play styles) and it feels great. As Liverpool, playing against Ajax, and later on Dortmund, you don't have that midfield congestion - they play a lot more open football, and try to be a lot more dangerous. It's a throwback to FIFA 15 and the game gets a little bit fast-and-furious, but it's open and it's different from the other games.

I've been playing PES a lot too, and as much as I keep trying, I don't find myself getting anything out of it in comparison to how complex FIFA is. It's not perfect but it's a really fucking good game.

My concern now is that PES gets amazing reviews because it's fast and "fun", and FIFA gets terrible reviews because it's slow and "boring".

Imagine what FIFA 17 will turn into then...

Last edited:

Has anyone else found playing FIFA 16 on a Xbox one using a PC monitor makes the game super quick? I have had EA access over the last 2 days and I havent been that impressed really, the more I have played the more FIFA 15 its felt. Tonight I fired up the PC demo and its totally different. On PC I set game speed to slow and to me the pace of the game is perfect. On Xbox one I had to set game speed to slow AND user/cpu sprint speed/acceleration to 46 to get the same kind of pace as the PC. Then I have top reduce pass and shot speed and after a while its just a mess of confused settings.

Im using the same monitor for both so its the only thing I can think of. Just to be sure everyone else is finding the game speed the same as the demo arent they?

Question for those with Early Access who have played online:

> What % of goals are from crosses?
> Can you work space through dribbling, CPU tackling seemed too accurate in the demo.
> Has constant pressuring returned? With less manuverability and passing accuracy, how hard is it to deal with a high backline and aggression.
> Is shooting tweaked at all, do low power shots still trigger side-footed technique even without the finesse button?
> How much is the result decided by skill or luck. With goals harder to attain and more CPU defensive control, are wide differences in user ability less apparent?

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom