FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

You shouldn't be losing out to that degree. I admit that it can be frustrating to win possession sometimes, but it's entirely possible if you defend properly, and I've never been on the wrong end of a 90-10% possession ratio.

I prefer to play on Professional. I've come away with 60% possession in some games, less than 50% in others. It's more balanced for me and playing against Barcelona is a far different experience to me than playing against the likes of River Plate or even Inter Milan.

But do you find the AI is good enough at attacking on professional? Even on world class I'm finding it very easy to defend. However I haven't played as a poor team against a good one as of yet. Will do tomorrow!

Both FIFA and PES ignore the passing accuracy stats for players and let them all have 100 passing accuracy hence why you see that passing accuracy. The custom tactics worked fine on the demo and I hope they didn't screw it up and made it not functional cause that's what made each team play a bit differently.

I've had some right battles in midfield playing on pro, had a great game in the cup vs Derby in the pissing down rain really pushed united to the brink, won it on pens. I think if you can find your spot it's a great game.

This is the first game that reminds me of old good pes feeling, always something new ia happening on the pitch, but with much more animations and variety. I can clearly say that scoring in fifa is clearly difficult and has the feeling like you see great goal on tv, also that happens when ai score against you
I played with some sliders set, first touch error 100/100, players speed 35/35, players acc 50/50, pass speed 60/60, shot speed 45/45 and game spees on slow. With these settings game plays wonderful :) can someone give tips for long range shooting, how to take dip shot? I am new to fifa and I struggling with controls a little bit, becouse I played pes all the time and pes has much simplified controls but in fifa you have more creativity with controls in general.shooting is where I struggling so can someone give how to shoot from distance? I know that bar ahould be full between 2-3 bars but is there any key press combination to pull them right?

Just had a BIZARRE match. Career Mode, I'm Liverpool, playing against Toronto in a preseason cup game. Professional difficulty.

Out of nowhere, they scored the weirdest own goal, looked really bad:

https://youtu.be/HUmgppzgmcw

Followed by a vital goal that took a deflection off my defender's bollocks followed by the keeper's shoulder after he TOTALLY misjudged it:

https://youtu.be/Ohl42lTiM5E

Love the game but I think the engine is so open now that you'll see lots of weird goings-on...

Last edited:

I actually love that second goal - totally the kind of crap that would happen in real football!

Have you noticed much/any difference when playing the CPU? Just feel like ML would be the same every match from playing the demo.

Love the game but I think the engine is so open now that you'll see lots of weird goings-on...

To be honest I'm ok with that. The odd funky goal here and there is a small price to pay for an engine that delivers such an open game of football. Nothing (or at least very little) feels scripted or predetermined, truly anything can happen. I like that.

Just had a BIZARRE match. Career Mode, I'm Liverpool, playing against Toronto in a preseason cup game. Professional difficulty.

Followed by a vital goal that took a deflection off my defender's bollocks followed by the keeper's shoulder after he TOTALLY misjudged it:

I echo what others have said.

I like the fact we'll see the odd weird things happen. The deflected goal was actually pretty cool. The kind of thing you'd see on a Saturday.

I echo what others have said.

I like the fact we'll see the odd weird things happen. The deflected goal was actually pretty cool. The kind of thing you'd see on a Saturday.

Yeah I liked it too. The kind of thing I don't like is where it happens for no reason...like once on FIFA 15 I was playing against a mate and my keeper picked up the ball then went into a little glitch loop and threw the ball into his own net. But realistic mistakes and deflections - I'll take those any day!

Can I ask you one question? If you sim a match, do you still lose against the worst teams if it's on away? It was a bug from FIFA 12 till FIFA 15 and I hope it get's fixed because it also affects CPU match results.

What difficulty? I'm having the same issue really.

Playing on world class and every team I've played just passes the ball amongst the back four for the majority of the game, not really threatening my goal. Had 3 0-0s and a 1-0 so far but didn't win the possession battle once.

World Class too, with them passing it around constantly too.

gameplay looks great, BUT, to me it looks like similar players controlling, passing and shooting the ball, i dont see any individuality at all, there might be a small difference, but doesnt look obvious, Fifa 14 NG was the only fifa i enjoyed out of the whole series, i saw alot of promise there. fifa 16 IMO is suited to hardcore sim gamers and FUT for whoever enjoys it, that want full control with zero scripting, cos to have individuality, there needs to be some kind of scripting,

gameplay looks great, BUT, to me it looks like similar players controlling, passing and shooting the ball, i dont see any individuality at all, there might be a small difference, but doesnt look obvious, Fifa 14 NG was the only fifa i enjoyed out of the whole series, i saw alot of promise there. fifa 16 IMO is suited to hardcore sim gamers and FUT for whoever enjoys it, that want full control with zero scripting, cos to have individuality, there needs to be some kind of scripting,

:CONFUSE:

I think world class is broken in some way, because all teams do seem to play keep ball.

I did find professional to be harder than 15 and the teams seemed to play differently and can also be ruthless on goal.

But I have started to get used to professional now and it is getting a bit too easy now.

They need a middle ground.

You use tele broadcast, don´t you?

Oh hell yeah, it seems scouser09 was able to create seperate sleeve patches overlay files for the first time.

kTpHdwL.png

Yeah I liked it too. The kind of thing I don't like is where it happens for no reason...like once on FIFA 15 I was playing against a mate and my keeper picked up the ball then went into a little glitch loop and threw the ball into his own net. But realistic mistakes and deflections - I'll take those any day!

Something like this? :D
http://youtu.be/WxrjlveATXI

Last edited:

I think world class is broken in some way, because all teams do seem to play keep ball.

I did find professional to be harder than 15 and the teams seemed to play differently and can also be ruthless on goal.

But I have started to get used to professional now and it is getting a bit too easy now.

They need a middle ground.

I'm going to try professional tonight after work to see if it is any better.

I had this problem on the demo but didn't think it would be this bad. I literally can't win the ball back for ages - which is good in some instances - but against weaker passing teams it's just frustrating how well they pass and maintain possession.

Right now if Im a big team and expect to control a match, say at home, I play on professional and nerf user pass/shot accuracy and ball control. If Im playing a tough away game and expect the other team to control it I play on world class and nerf the CPUs pass/shot accuracy and ball control.

I am really enjoying playing that way although I know it is far from ideal. I can beat world class but only by playing a certain way which I dont find satisfying if I would be expecting to control the game.

I'm going to try professional tonight after work to see if it is any better.

I had this problem on the demo but didn't think it would be this bad. I literally can't win the ball back for ages - which is good in some instances - but against weaker passing teams it's just frustrating how well they pass and maintain possession.

instead of dropping down a level does increasing the pass error and 1st touch error not help?

Right now if Im a big team and expect to control a match, say at home, I play on professional and nerf user pass/shot accuracy and ball control. If Im playing a tough away game and expect the other team to control it I play on world class and nerf the CPUs pass/shot accuracy and ball control.

I am really enjoying playing that way although I know it is far from ideal. I can beat world class but only by playing a certain way which I dont find satisfying if I would be expecting to control the game.
I do this too since fifa 08 and this way you really feel that hard matches are really different from the others.

Back
Top Bottom